• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    Apple Watch Update: I had posted that my gen 0 watch was dead. After speaking with apple support online they replaced it with a new gen 0 for free

    Apple Watch Update: I had posted that my gen 0 watch was dead. After speaking with apple support online they replaced it with a new gen 0 for free


    Update: I had posted that my gen 0 watch was dead. After speaking with apple support online they replaced it with a new gen 0 for free

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Apple Watch S6 perspective from a wheelchair user

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    At first, I was skeptical.

    Another expensive, overhyped Apple gadget, right? I was certain it would distract me. Or that I wouldn't use the 'cutting-edge' features cleverly advertised by Apple's world-renowned marketing team. More importantly, as someone who uses a wheelchair, I wasn't sure those features would even work for me.

    I was wrong.

    After two weeks of non-stop use, I can say without hesitation it's a must-buy for all abilities.

    Like many others, COVID-19 disrupted my entire fitness regimen. Gyms were closed. Recreational wheelchair sports were off-limits. And for some reason, I wasn't motivated to use my handcycle or push my chair outdoors as much as I thought.

    Essentially, I stopped moving. I lost my edge.

    However, once I got my hands (or should I say wrist?) on the Apple Watch, activated "wheelchair mode" - everything changed. Here's my two-week journey:

    Day 1: I'm getting hourly reminders to move my wheelchair. "Time to roll!" displays the watch. I go outside. I push my chair for a few minutes. I hear a 'chime' sound. It's a virtual reward for completing a task. Another notification pops-up that I'm 260 active calories from obtaining my daily goal. This is interesting.

    Day 3: I arrive home after a 5-minute outdoor push. The watch tells me to wash my hands. That's a good reminder! But I do it for precisely twenty-seconds until the automatic countdown timer chimes 'complete'. I get another reward.

    Day 6: I open the watch "workout" app and select "outdoor push, running pace." I listen to a workout playlist synced from the watch to my AirPods. I wheel around my neighborhood. The watch tells me I've burned off 20 calories. I keep going. I push harder. 50 calories, then 75. After 30-minutes, an animated ring 'closes' on the watch. I still have to close two more rings to reach my daily activity goal. Now, I'm motivated to get that reward.

    Day 8: Another workout. Another reward. A text message pops-up on the watch. I ask Siri (the watch's virtual assistant) to say the message out-loud. It's my wife. I respond using only my voice. I haven't stopped wheeling and yet my message to her is completely accurate. No fumbling around with a phone while pushing anymore. It's seamless. So I keep going. But now, I feel like the wheelchair-version of Dick Tracy.

    Day 9: I'm stressed. Apple Watch already knows this. It notifies me that my resting heart rate is high and tells me to breathe. It begins displaying an animated breathing exercise. I inhale slowly, then exhale as the animation shrinks. A minute later, I feel better. I hear a 'chime'. A reward for breathing. Then, I use the Blood Oxygen app on the watch for the first time. I'm at ninety-eight per cent. What about the remaining two-percent, I ask myself? My heart races again. I panic. Am I okay? I ask Siri. Siri says I'm fine. I should do that breathing exercise again, I tell myself. I hear a chime. I'm once again rewarded.

    Day 11: It's getting late. The watch vibrates, displaying "time for bed!" I keep the watch on while sleeping. It's monitoring me throughout the night. It's now the morning. Instead of a noisy alarm, I receive a gentle 'tap' on my wrist, waking me up at 6:30 am. That was pleasant. The watch tells me I slept just under seven hours - three of which were in a state of deep-sleep. Apple Watch says I need more sleep.

    Day 13: My wife and I have finished converting our garage into a gym. My handcycle is now mounted on an indoor trainer. In tandem with the Apple Watch, I've created an accessible version of the Peloton. I'm now tracking multiple workouts. I'm synced into the Nike Training Club. I'm now participating in online fitness classes. I'm completing challenges against other Apple Watch users - some of whom also use a wheelchair. I'm beyond motivated.

    Day 14: I look at a summary of the data Apple Watch has collected. It's tracking everything from forced expiratory volume to the total movement distance of my wheelchair. I'm using my phone less. I'm relying on Siri more. Apple has me hooked. I'm obsessed with progress. Obsessed with the daily and stretch rewards. Obsessed with closing those activity rings. Obsessed with competing against my friends.

    I want to type much, much more. But then I hear a chime.

    "It's time to roll!"

    submitted by /u/MrTriRide
    [link] [comments]

    First time owning an Apple Watch (S5), and after a month I finally closed my rings! I feel so proud of myself!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Just for curiosity, is 30db the lowest level the app will detect?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    Apple Watch 2 going strong!!! This was a badly beated up non-stainless steel ones that I bought for only 40 Euros used. Bought a new band + rose gold ringke and ITS NEW now

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    My girlfriend made me a watch face of my band's song art �� cute gifts that matter the most.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Do you like my new Watch Band?!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    Will I regret buying a series 4?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying a refurbished apple watch - I mainly want the fitness functionality but will for sure appreciate the media control, apple pay, and notifications on my wrist. I'm thinking of buying a series 4 as they seem to go for rather cheap as refurbished in good condition but is that a bad idea? Should I go for a series 5? Will I regret going for an older model?

    Any tips and recommendations are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Slackerguy
    [link] [comments]

    Rest In Peace, Series 1. You’ve been a great friend and workout companion.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Send off to a cardiologist

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    Since i have an Apple Watch series 5 (wich is a few months now) i see i have spikes in my heart rate by very little effort. My heart rate will be up in the 150's when i'm only doing grocery shopping or doing some laundry. When i'm walking for 30 minutes it spikes to 178.

    So 2 days ago i was thinking, you know what i do, i'll share some data from the app heartwatch with my doctor. So i mailed his assistant some screens and my story. Day later i get an answer: the doctor ask if your sensor isn't broken? Yeah right, so now I'm freaking out!!!! So i said no probably not, i have another sensor i can measure with and i can measure by hand offcourse ( well at least i know when my heart rate is like 80, 100 or 150 right).

    So now i am referred to an cardiologist and we do some more tests. First off is offcourse a day with official measurement equipment and i have to walk for half an hour and get some simple tasks to do.

    So another life may be saved because of an Apple Watch 👍

    I'm a hypochondriac with a nr 1 fear being my heart so I'm not very happy with it but at least thanks to my Apple Watch it's getting checked out now and that's why I bought the watch in the first place offcourse to be on top of it.

    Let's hope it's nothing to serious!!

    PS: English is not my main language so be kind and i hope everything is clear.

    submitted by /u/Desiree12345
    [link] [comments]

    Nightstand Mode + Sleep alarm = ??

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    When I go to bed and put my Apple Watch on the charger, it goes into nightstand mode and shows my wake alarm time that I set in the Sleep app. In the morning, the screen slowly lights up as it approaches the alarm time, until finally... the screen turns off. And no alarm sounds. It sounds on my phone instead, which is on a random place on my nightstand instead of right next to me with a convenient button physical button to turn it off.

    Can I not just have the alarm sound on the watch instead? Or on both? I like the whole sleep schedule thing but for now I have to just set the alarm on the watch manually or it doesn't go off.

    I know I can make the sleep alarm go off on the watch if I wear it, but I want it to go off in nightstand mode as well.

    Edit: it actually does work in nightstand mode, but only if the iPhone has Bluetooth disabled! So it looks like what's happening is that my phone is deciding that it's going to be the one to ring, and it's telling the watch to shut up. I love this idea, if only it went the other way around. I want the watch to ring, not my phone! It's so close to getting it right :(

    PS it still vibrates on the charger which is kinda funny. Makes odd clicking sounds against the plastic. Also it would be even better if the phone did actually ring with its superior speakers and the watch acted as a remote instead. Or even better, if my iPad supported Sleep mode alarms like it did in iOS 13! Then I could just have it be my nightstand clock instead since I have a cover that lets it stand up on my nightstand. I don't get why Apple just completely removed this feature from my iPad, it used to be my standard alarm.

    submitted by /u/Andrew0085
    [link] [comments]

    October Challenge smashed in 21 days! Bring it on November! ����

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    New to the Apple Watch after years of analog life

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    Question regarding AW and garmin

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    Hey there, just got an Apple Watch yesterday and I had a question. I also have a garmin fenix 5x which I will be using for work, I work construction so I don't want to mess up my aluminum series 6 and I have the connect app linked up to my health app so it syncs. I will be using my watch the rest of the time I'm not working. My question is, will my garmin sync up to my fitness move app (rings) with its data or is that only exclusively for when I wear the Apple Watch? Hope that makes sense.

    submitted by /u/Geoffbernier
    [link] [comments]

    Matching Bands for Gold Series 6?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    My awesome lil brother got me a gold series 6 for my birthday back in August (my first watch) and I'm now starting to look for a new band. But the problem is I can't find any metal bands that match the orange-y gold on the series 6 watches. They're all that really yellow gold or a rose gold . Does anyone know of any watch-like bands that actually match this model ?

    submitted by /u/icequeenfrostine
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this was posted here or known, but you can add the Apple logo in your Monogram! (And other Unicode characters)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    How good is the Apple Watch and productivity?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    I'm still thinking about taking advantage of my carrier's free iPhone 12 with trade in deal or just riding out the 11 until I graduate college in 4 years, but I do know that I want an Apple Watch SE to help me with productivity.

    I failed my first year of college and I want to come back strong when I go back next year. I'm thinking about getting one through my carrier so I can leave my phone in my car or at my apartment when I go study in the library. I was wondering if the Apple Watch helped anyone keep their schedule in check and changed their lives before I take the plunge in one to two weeks. Right now it still kinda feels like a want rather than a good investment. Same for the iPhone 12, going case-less with my 11 for the past few days made me appreciate it more (I can see why people take that risk now)

    submitted by /u/Sherlock_Homiez
    [link] [comments]

    Uses for old Apple Watch?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    I recently upgraded from an Apple Watch series 3 to a series 6, and I was wondering what did you do with your old Apple Watch? Did you keep it in case your new one breaks? Did you give it away, trade it in, sell it?

    As for me, I think I'm going to keep my series 3 and use it as an "oh shit" watch, that I can use when I'm doing something dirty or dangerous. Like if I go rock climbing, I'll wear my series 3 or if I'm doing something where there's a risk of it breaking, I'll wear the series 3.

    After all, my series 3 stood by me while I spent 2 years working in a factory, that produces ceiling tiles where it was constantly getting hit by different tools, getting wet from water, sweat, etc, hitting the sides of machines, molten rock, and chunks of rock and sparks of iron flying at me and being exposed to temperatures ranging from -20F to well over 120F, among other things and it's help up pretty well. No breaks and the only issues i had were sometimes I'd get sand in my side button or Digital Crown, which was easily fixed with compressed air and/or water.

    submitted by /u/tylerwarnecke
    [link] [comments]

    Diggin’ my mango watch ��

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    Got my Apple Watch 6 nearly a month ago, and since then I got into running, cycling and pretty much other fitness stuff. I’m obsessed with completing my rings �� I hope that till the first half of 2021 I will achieve my goal of reaching 80 kgs and maintaining a fit life����

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    New to the Apple ecosystem, bought myself the new S6 Nike edition. It’s finally here!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    How much do prominent haptics actually drain the battery?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    I got my first Apple Watch a week ago and I'm really enjoying it so far! I got an SE (40mm GPS in Space Grey) over the Series 3 I originally planned to buy - did a lot of reading on this sub which helped me make that decision.

    I'm finding the normal haptics absolutely fine during the day, but a bit hit or miss for alarms as it doesn't always wake me up.

    I've read that having prominent haptics on can drain the battery, but I'm wonder realistically how much this actually affects it.

    I'm finding the battery life on the SE much better than I expected so far and I'm also really impressed at how quick it is to charge. If the prominent haptics are a significant battery drain I will probably just turn them on before I go to bed, but I'm wondering what other people's experiences are.

    submitted by /u/kat0id
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel