• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 21]

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 21]


    Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 21]

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily iOS support thread for /r/iOS.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the si[Tech Support FAQ page]()debar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Check our Tech Support FAQ page

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else thinking that the reminders widget could show a lot more than just one reminder?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    You can have a working Apple Watch on your home screen with the new clock widget

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    With several restaurants and businesses using QR codes, this is a reminder that iOS has a built-in QR code reader in the camera app. Simply aim your camera at the QR code and a link will appear.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Thinking of returning to iOS for the first time since the iPhone 4. What are the trade-offs?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Obviously A LOT has changed, but I moved to Android for a few reasons. Many of those are distant memories, and some things I used to prefer about Android are now much better on iOS these days. A few specific things I'm worried about losing:

    • Notifications. I love the way Android handles notifications with the pull down. iOS implementation seems clumsy. Has it improved?

    • Customized home screen. Seems like iOS has finally implemented this. Can iOS do widgets? I love being able to see my calendar, music etc without having to open an app.

    • Default apps I seem to remember not being able to change defaults. Email addresses would always open in mail, addresses would always open in apple maps etc. Is this still the case?

    • Apple Music one of the biggest reasons I'm considering switching back is because Google has axed Google Music and YouTube music blows. Does apple still allow you to upload your MP3 collection to the cloud and stream it for free?

    • Swipe keyboard This is trivial but I love the Google keyboard, and how you can trace words instead of tapping on every letter. I know you can (could?) download the Google keyboard for iOS but is it good?

    • File storage I can store files on my Android device just like on a computer I can create folders, move things easily, store directly on the HD without any special apps. Can you do that with iOS? Back in the day there was a bad and limited iCloud integration.

    • Non kosher apps the Google store lets me download torrent clients, N64 emulators, you name it Nothing essential but all a bit of fun. Has iOS loosened up its store restrictions or is it still very draconian?

    submitted by /u/LegzAkimbo
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.1 is now available.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Cutting screenshots in Photos app now snaps on lines in picture.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    I just discovered this while cropping a screenshot from Reddit :)

    submitted by /u/glub123
    [link] [comments]

    Habits app (OS + iOS)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm trying to stick to my daily habits, and I'm looking for an app that works on OS and iOS.

    I found Habitify, but I'm looking for some other alternatives, just to try out and see which one fits best for me. Also, Habitify is a premium app (which I don't mind to pay) and I wonder if there are any free alternatives. If all of them are paid apps, I will pay for it.

    I'd love to have an app that gives me weekly reports :)

    What do you use to keep up with your daily habits?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mircofragomena
    [link] [comments]

    Reminders should become more smart on the upcoming iOS versions. Being able to remind when getting a call from a certain contact OR when at the same location with a certain contact which can be done by Find My or proximity measuring algorithms.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    How in the the world do I get rid of these spam texts?! I’ve blocked the numbers but they get new ones! It’s almost every day now.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    iOS 14.1: Did anyone notice a New Vibration when plugging Charger ?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    I just updated to iOS 14.1 and when I plugged the charger the vibration is only a brief one. If I remember correctly it was two consecutive vibrations?

    submitted by /u/speedxD
    [link] [comments]

    App to blur images for wallpaper

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I'm looking for an app that blurs images completely and evenly to use as wallpaper. I couldn't find a good app. Do you know something like that? Thank you so much 😊

    submitted by /u/Brabusboys
    [link] [comments]

    Worried about potential virus.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Worried about virus.

    So recently I was downloading music from one of those converter sites, and every time I would finish downloading a song it would redirect me to some other sketchy websites with those scam ads. The reason I am worried about the virus is because when I opened safari earlier today it would keep on crashing but the problem has seemed to go away now.

    I know iOS is extremely secure, but could I have a virus? I have been worried sick.

    submitted by /u/rihan-kabir
    [link] [comments]

    iMessages being opened without me?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    My iMessages are being opened without me opening them and aren't appearing on my Lock Screen. Could there be a setting that I'm leaving unchecked? It could it be because I'm running the iOS 14.2 beta?

    submitted by /u/theflyingderp
    [link] [comments]

    Why iOS don’t need a antivirus?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel