• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Apple Macbook Someone threw my bag with my mid-2012 MacBook Pro in it as I had lunch in school. I’m mad.

    Apple Macbook Someone threw my bag with my mid-2012 MacBook Pro in it as I had lunch in school. I’m mad.


    Someone threw my bag with my mid-2012 MacBook Pro in it as I had lunch in school. I’m mad.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    I saved my pay while doing mandatory service to buy my first Macbook for college

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    Safari is very slow and constantly showing the spinning rainbow ball.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    My safari is very slow and constantly showing the spinning ball. Everything else works perfectly. When I use safari I can't don anything and have to force quit the app. I have tried clearing cache and history, but that didn't help. Please help. I really need Safari.

    submitted by /u/Shadow_019
    [link] [comments]

    Overheating MacBook Pro 2020

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I had a MacBook Air 2017 that I traded for the MacBook Pro 2020 literally one week ago and I'm finding the Pro is overheating like crazy and I'm not even doing anything intensive (using Microsoft Word, Firefox, watching some YouTube every now and then). It gets crazy hot when I watch Netflix even if just 30 minutes. I get so worried something will happen I just put it to sleep mode and let it cool off.

    I'm not sure if the fan on the Pro is just really quiet (I doubt it) but it's doing nothing to cool it down. I don't hear it turn on or off. My Air would BARELY get warm (I'm doing the same things I was on my Pro as I did on the Air) and when it did the fan would turn on immediately then turn off after a few minutes.

    I'm in a graphic designing program for school which is why I switched to the Pro. And the program's I used on the Air (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop) made it a tiny bit warm but nothing crazy but on the Pro it gets so overly hot. Plus I have to use Microsoft Teams and Zoom for classes and no problems with the Air.

    This is really concerning and disappointing given how much money it cost me. I ran a diagnostic and nothing came up, and also reset the SMC which didn't make a difference. I know that computers get warm when in use but this is getting really, really got to the point of it being dangerous. I'm going to return it and exchange it for another one which hopefully doesn't have this problem.

    I'm not sure if the fan is broken or the Pro is just poorly designed (given how much it costs it should at least not get hot enough for me to cook on it). Also, I've only been using the Pro at my desk on a flat surface so I don't suffocate it.

    Did anyone else have this problem? Or is crazy overheating a common problem with the Pro? If so I might just consider going back to the Air.

    TLDR: Pro is overheating and I wanna know of that's a common problem or if I just have a defective one.

    submitted by /u/hoomanator
    [link] [comments]

    2020 13' 10th Gen i5 Thermals

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    First time Mac buyer here, just got the new specced out 10th Gen MBP a few days ago.

    I'm really liking the device but it get's way too hot. When I'm doing super simple productivity tasks (writing documents, browsing the web, teams video calls), the CPU gets up to 70 degrees and it becomes uncomfortably hot in my lap.

    Is this normal? I've been using a fan control program to blast the fans a lot earlier but by default it gets unbearably hot. Whenever I throw anything remotely heavy at it (CPU intensive machine learning work), it get's ridiculously hot (even with the fan control) and throttles down. I'm worried about long term reliability if this is the kind of heat it generates and I don't understand how this is a 'pro' device.

    Is this normal? Do I have a defective device? Debating returning it and buying something that has better thermals if this is normal.

    submitted by /u/bose_headphones_700
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2020 13in

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've bought a new MacBook Pro and within two hours of usage it started heating up. Hot to the touch and not comfortable to rest your hands and work on. I've contacted Apple and done a few different things to help. And simply watching Netflix overheats it. Has anyone had this issue and ended up returning it?

    I bought this for work and very disappointed considering the money I spent.

    submitted by /u/stars1456
    [link] [comments]

    Stolen Macbook Pro

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Recently my car was broken into and with my luck my mac was in there as i was heading to my girlfriends house to do homework. I already filed a report and better yet as I was with the police I got the notification from the Find My app that my Macbook had just been seen and I got the address. My question is, if I was able to see that my Mac was seen, does that mean the thief has simply turned it on, or that the thief has already unlocked and connected to the wifi? I am debating erasing everything on the Mac remotely, but if I do this I will no longer be able to track it.

    submitted by /u/cm2600
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement batteries in Europe?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    I've got a MacBook from around 2011 that needs a new battery. I've got the model number (but not on hand...) and already had a look on Amazon, and found two or three brands; but reviews are mixed so I thought I'd come and ask here if anyone can recommend a know decent aftermarket brand for batteries?

    I'm in Belgium, regularly order off Amazon.de but other shops are of course also welcome. I just want something that isn't going to die again in a month or two :-)

    submitted by /u/vegivampTheElder
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro not turning on after battery replacement.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Hi all! A few days ago, I realized that my battery in my 13" Macbook Pro 2011 needed to be replaced so I ordered a new battery. I installed it yesterday and it didn't turn on. Tried to charge it, didn't turn on. I called the company who made it and they said to take the battery out and put it back in. I did that but that didn't work. They said it might be possible I have a defective battery and they can send me a new one. Is there anything that I am not doing right?

    submitted by /u/Malachi_L
    [link] [comments]

    He held my MacBook hostage to lower an agreed upon price for it!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    I posted this on r/choosingbeggars but I did not think it was too appropriate on that subreddit.

    I was selling my MacBook Air 2017 on OfferUp and had some rules on the listing which states priority goes towards the person who pays full price. A buyer has already agreed in messages via OfferUp that they would pay full price, so I agreed to meet with them. I've factory reset everything and I allowed them to log their iCloud account into my MacBook to check it out and make sure everything is in working order.

    I had nothing to hide, and I knew the MacBook was in great condition! Under 180 cycles, no dents, still running fast! It was great! I thought they'd buy it for sure because it was in amazing condition! But then... they kept trying to haggle me down in price. I understand haggling if there's something wrong with an item that is not in the listing... however, I gave this dude priority and he was trying to LOW BALL me! And he held my MacBook HOSTAGE because everything was already synced to his iCloud account! I was losing control of the situation, so I panicked and agreed to meet in the middle in terms of pricing. It sucked, and my fault completely for believing this would be an honest exchange! So here I am now. I want to ask people on here how they sell their MacBooks so I won't make the same mistake in the future.

    submitted by /u/neuten
    [link] [comments]

    MBA '20 fan turns on when watching Twitch

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    The only time my MBA '20 fan turns on is when I'm watching a Twitch live stream. Anyone know why this is? It's so loud and annoying that I have to turn off Twitch.

    submitted by /u/pauldoll
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard problems

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    So i was using my laptop as usual but today i decided to actually shut it down rather than just closing it. A few hours later, hopped back on my macbook but nothing was working? It wouldn't turn on no matter what i tried, hard resets, all of that, nothing worked. After a while, it just turned on by itself?? Then, I tried logging in put all my keys are fucked. Some don't work, others don't do what they're supposed to. I click the k key, it types hjk. literally none of the F1-12 keys work, nor does esc. If i hit backspace, it lowers the brightness as well as the volume. Can anyone help me? Apple support has been completely useless and I'd rather not have to pay for a fix :/

    submitted by /u/Fluffy-Instance
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" 2020 centre keyboard backlight uneven

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 13" 2020 centre keyboard backlight uneven

    On my MBP 13" 2020 the backlight of the keyboard in the middle is a little darker than on the edges. It is very difficult to take image of this issue but as you can see the "T", "Y", "U" buttons are dimmer. Does anyone have this issue and how often does it occur.

    I

    submitted by /u/Dry_Sun5943
    [link] [comments]

    Simple Audio Line In

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    I'm scouring the internet for an extremely simple USB-C to 3.5mm line input connector. Like exactly the same USB-C to 3.5mm output dongle that apple sells on their website, only configured to work as an input. Why are these impossible to find? I want to take audio from a device outputting sound over a 3.5mm connector and record it internally on the macbook. I have a 13" MBP 2017.

    submitted by /u/Reigning-Champ
    [link] [comments]

    Trade IMac for MacBook Air

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    Hello, Currently I am in the process of scaling down my setup.

    I work a lot with Numbers & Lightroom classic. Other than that I don't have big requirements.

    I have an IMac 5K i5 500 GB ssd with 40 GB RAM. I am thinking about selling it to buy a MacBook Air with it. I prefer to work in bed anyway rather than at the table 😅

    What do you say?

    submitted by /u/hellamajo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app for Mac that indicates you that your Microphone is being used (an orange dot maybe on the menu bar)? Thanks

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    (Boot Screen) Macbook Pro 16 i9 32gb 5500 8gb

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    (Boot Screen) Macbook Pro 16 i9 32gb 5500 8gb

    So I'm on my second logic board and touch replacement after having the cpu/panic and wake from sleep crashes the last 30 days. I'm still concerned that when i go to restore from time machine/command r I get this on the boot screen, it then flashes white and then returns to load normally. Any clue if this is a sign that something other than what they replaced is failing? Do others have this same screen when they boot into restore mode? Manufacture date of my machine is feb 2020. Not sure if I need to press on them to just replace the computer, instead of swapping the logic again. Ive had machine three days and has yet to crash or go wonky on me...

    https://preview.redd.it/dse5z2r4iqq51.jpg?width=1242&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=dca3f96471dabcd41bb5fb2b232280bf3898c01d

    submitted by /u/pk78731
    [link] [comments]

    Do 2020 models work with the LG 27MD5K?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Either the 27MD5K-A or 27MD5K-L model.

    submitted by /u/FacingHardships
    [link] [comments]

    User configuration reset to manufacturer

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Hi, I bought a used MacBook Pro 2017 yesterday. Set it up, checked and everything seems great but couple minutes ago I had a strange issue.

    My computer went to sleep and got locked, when I entered my password it got stuck (I tried pressing random keys from the keyboard) and it didn't respond.

    I turned it off via the button and when I turned it on it reset the whole user setting(programs and name remain the same but all my configuration, dock were reverted to the initial settings).

    How and why did it happen? Is it a red flag?

    submitted by /u/LiorEntre
    [link] [comments]

    MBP retina 13’’ early 2015 anti-reflective coating issues

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I'm sorry if I post this in the wrong sub (and also sorry for any English mistakes) but I would like to now if any of you living in EU had any issues with their macbook pro anti-reflective coating. As I said in the title mine is a bit damaged and I am trying to use the extended warranty to cover for the reparation. I had a call with the customer relations department this morning and they wanted me to ask for something kinda specific regarding the (EU?) law. The problem is that I'm not sure to what they want me to infer and ask. I found something on google regarding a warranty of hidden defects but I'm not sure that's what they want to hear from me. My guess is that they want me to be very clear about my demand. Would someone know anything about that (or was in a similar situation) in order to pursue the process ?

    I thank you all for reading me, and I wish you a great day

    submitted by /u/DarckCryckicker
    [link] [comments]

    This is what my screen looks like. After loading the screen turns blue and nothing happens. It doesn't boot to recovery and safe mode. When try to enter to the recovery mode, red dots you see are gone and the image on the screen is just normal. High Sierra, mbp 2011

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Super paranoid with my new MacBook Pro, worried about running it into the ground at a young age.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    The only major task I will do with my MBP (2019 16 in.) is extreme amounts video editing on adobe Premiere, Photoshop work, and playing games like Cities Skyline. Would these heavy loads on my graphic card and CPU take an early toll on the system?

    submitted by /u/FanoftheSimpleLife
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook or Surface Go

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Microsoft just released the new surface go yesterday and it's cheaper and i was planning to get a macbook air, And now i don't know what to decide, Can someone help??

    submitted by /u/LittleRoss9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel