• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - October 2020

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - October 2020


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - October 2020

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After a literal year of saving, I was finally able to buy the MacBook Pro 16”!!! I could not be any happier

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Is this a fire hazard? Is there something I can do before buying a new one?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Macbook 16" with Dell D6000 docking

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!
    Happy Friday!

    I'm using Macbook 16" with a Dell D6000 docking station and output to 2 x Dell P2018H.
    I notice whenever the laptop is docked in and when I reboot the machine, the arrangement tab points everything to a single monitor despite me clicking on any of the monitor displays. Is there anything that can be done? This is not an issue with the apps not staying in the right monitor config, I have the Stay app to help me with it, it's more of the arrangement of the monitor.

    This is what I'm referring to.
    https://imgur.com/zbO9ntG

    submitted by /u/Randylim27
    [link] [comments]

    Is 100 cycle counts a lot for a 4 month old macbook?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I was just looking at my system information and I saw I was at 100 cycle counts on my 16 in MacBook pro, I got the computer in June so its only almost 4 month old and I was thinking 100 is a lot for that short amount of time

    submitted by /u/Chamushgoo
    [link] [comments]

    Return, Zero & Command keys are not working

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Suddenly one day my keys like Return, Zero & Command stop working. Any solutions, please.

    Using Macbook Pro 13-inch 2012

    Thank You.

    submitted by /u/techybibi
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air MacOS Reinstall

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    My fiancé was wanting to wipe her MacBook Air and start from scratch. It's version is MacOS 10.15.5. I searched on the Apple support site and found where you need to erase the Macintosh HD and Macintosh drive to start clean with a fresh install of MacOS.

    So we went and did that, restarted the computer, go to select the reinstall MacOS and it can't find a drive to install. I see it says to restart again on the support site to find the drive. So we do that and this time there were a couple of errors (file folder with a world and a question mark appeared.) Now it seems that her computer isn't recognizing that she has any drives to reinstall MacOS.

    We called Apple support and what we did sounds like we got it ready for trade in and there isn't much we can do. I'm hoping someone here has a suggestion on how to fix this or did I just screw up her Mac?

    submitted by /u/workap
    [link] [comments]

    Best External Batteries?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    I do graphics-heavy video-editing work and am looking for an external battery for my Macbook Pro, so I can get out of my tiny apartment and hang out at the local coffee shop. Can anyone recommend a favorite battery and give me specs? I'm especially interested in how long it'll take to charge a 15" Macbook pro up to full, and how long it takes to recharge the battery itself?

    submitted by /u/19AdviceAnimals
    [link] [comments]

    1.4 vs 2.0 GHz

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    The classic question of which should be purchased. I've looked at past posts and haven't found any specific posts in regards to what I'll be using it for. All of these specifications are just over my head, and while I understand "more is better" I'm just on the fence.

    It will be primarily used everyday for general tasks for work, however, I also use Adobe suite and Final Cut Pro for video and photo editing. These are the programs that I typically find my current computer completely bogged down during, and the constant use of the programs is why I'm looking to upgrade. In my case, would the 2.0 vs 1.4 make any substantial difference? I'm willing to pay for a smoother work process, but if it won't really change what I'm doing, I don't want to spend the money unnecessarily.

    Thanks for any info that you all can provide!

    submitted by /u/andrewzrakas
    [link] [comments]

    Question for someone who owns an OWC Mercury Elite Pro Thunderbolt 3 Dock

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    I'm considering purchasing this dock to replace a somewhat janky setup I have at the moment.

    What I have now:

    • A Thunderbolt 3 to VGA adapter for one display
    • A Thunderbolt 3 adapter with 1x HDMI, 2 x USB3.0, 1 x USB2.0, 1 x ethernet
      • Running a second display off of this adapter, two external HDDs, and a webcam

    What I would like to use the Mercury Elite Pro for:

    • Toss both my external HDDs inside, run in JBOD and not have to format these to get up and running
    • Run one display off the Displayport
    • Run an additional display off the spare Thunderbolt 3 port
    • Run my webcam off one of the USB3.0 ports

    So my question is: will this work? Has someone used a similar setup using this hardware before? Any issues I'm not considering with this hardware?

    submitted by /u/astronomicaudio
    [link] [comments]

    MBP Pro 2016 vs Air 2020

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    i'm using a MBP Pro 2016, without Touchbar with this Specs:

    Dualcore 2 GHz i5

    256 GB SSD

    8 GB 1867 MHZ RAM

    The Problem with this MB is, its so slow in opening Programs and Stuff, it seems weird. And the Fan is making some weird noises too, they cannot fix it at the Apple Store. I only use this Laptop for Netflix, Chrome and for Word and Excel. And everything, seems so low. I dont know why.

    I'm interested to buy the new Macbook Air from 2020 with

    i5 Quadcore with 1.1 GHz

    16 GB of RAM

    256 GB SSD

    is this MBA, gonna work for my needs? And is it faster and a upgrade to my MBP right now? I just need it for Word, Excel, Netflix and Chrome

    Thank you, and sorry for my bad english!

    submitted by /u/Lower-Consideration2
    [link] [comments]

    More than one external monitor on a 12 inch Early 2015 Retina Macbook?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm trying to set up a 3 screen setup for my MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), and I have all the appropriate cables with everything plugged in correctly, but I can't get my laptop to post to both external screens at the same time. After double checking the specs for my model of Macbook on the Apple website, they say that it has support for one external monitor. Does anyone know any way I can extend this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dafinecommedia
    [link] [comments]

    Weirds scratch like spots started showing up inside the screen on my 16 Macbook Pro. What’s causing this?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Changing Default Mac App’s Icons

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    I am currently in the process of changing around all my Mac Icons, and i have realised that when i go to change the icon of a default MacOS App (eg. Apple Music, Preview etc.) I cannot change the icon. I have tried most methods i know for changing app icons but just can't manage to figure it out. Anyone know how to change them? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jxckco
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro shows "Plugged In" even when the charger is disconnected

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    My 2018 MBP always shows the device as plugged in and not charging when the charger is disconnected. This problem has persisted even after NVRAM reset, 10.15.7 software update and multiple restarts. I feel that the voltage sensors are fine - I posted screenshots of system information (Amperage/Voltage) on my StackExchange question - https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/401919/macbook-shows-power-source-as-power-adapter-even-when-unplugged.

    The system always assumes that the device is plugged in and I am getting poor battery life with no low battery alerts.

    Any advice is really appreciated. My MacBook is out of warranty and I don't want to spend Apple repair costs for this issue. (It is very annoying, but kinda harmless?)

    submitted by /u/ArkhamKnight15
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2018 13-inch: Reminders app hardly gives me any time to make a reminder before closing.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    I will be making a reminder and, within seconds, it will go in the list and not stay to the right of the screen so that I can continue making it, if that makes sense. I cannot even get a sentence or the time done. It will flash and then it's in the list of all of my current reminders, at the very bottom.

    I am simply not getting enough time to complete my reminders -- aren't they supposed to stay put until I press "OK" or whatever?

    This means I have to scroll through all of the old ones to get to the reminder I need or search for it. Very frustrating. Is this a glitch?

    submitted by /u/HotPinkSunrise88
    [link] [comments]

    When will next 16in MacBook Pro be released? (Aprox)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    Hi humans. I just bought a 16in mbp but I'm having thoughts that I should return it because there's probably a new one coming out soon. When will we know? Are there approximate dates? I can only spend this much once and I'd rather wait and have something more future proof. Thank you-

    submitted by /u/fl0recilla
    [link] [comments]

    Battery for MacBook Pro 13 Early-2015

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I recently bought MacBook Pro 13 Early-2015. Its great machine and I really like using it. But battery isn't in great condition. In country where I live I don't have much choices of batteries. It is good idea bought it on Aliexpress? Did someone have experience?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/paulix96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel