• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 20, 2020

    Apple Help iPad PRO 10.5’ (2017) - was drawing then suddenly this bright strip shows and a bright spot too, what is the issue, & how to fix it?

    Apple Help iPad PRO 10.5’ (2017) - was drawing then suddenly this bright strip shows and a bright spot too, what is the issue, & how to fix it?


    iPad PRO 10.5’ (2017) - was drawing then suddenly this bright strip shows and a bright spot too, what is the issue, & how to fix it?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    I want to erase my my phone to fix the issue where my storage is taken up mainly by “other” then re download my stuff from my laptop backup. But I do not want to remove my iPhone from my Apple ID account?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I need advice with removing an old battery on an iPod (5th gen)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    How do I fix this creepy Memoji preview bug? This is on an iPhone SE

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    iTunes error 4000 when trying to update my XR to 14.1, anyone have a fix for this?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    For the past two updates I keep getting the error code 4000 saying that there was an error to update my XR. Last time it happened I was forced to just download the update OTA, but i'd really not have to do that again because it takes so much longer to install it. Anyone else having this issue?

    I've tried every solution online but none of them have helped. I've been using iTunes to update my phone all year without any problems, I don't understand why it would randomly start happening.

    Link to apple error page, the number (4000) i'm getting isn't even listed there ??

    submitted by /u/BloodBrave
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s issues.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    I know it's late right now (for me) and I'll be contacting Apple tomorrow, but here goes.
    So I started troubleshooting my iphone 6s a few days ago as it was having issues connecting to wifi, even after working perfectly fine a couple days before. I went to boot up a game on my iphone and it wasn't connecting to wifi. I tried troubleshooting wifi, got everything perfect, and it wasn't recognizing the password, even though it was 100% correct.

    Set it down, put it on the charger, noticed it was taking a while to get fully charged, (hours to go 20-30%) and was also really warm, almost burning to the touch. I unplugged it, let it sit, and shut the phone off. Tried to turn it on today, and it absolutely will NOT turn on. Nothing even when plugged into a charger.

    The phone was extremely lightly used, and has literally been sitting for months on end in an otter box case.
    I updated the phone from 12.4 to 14 via iTunes plugged into my PC due to no Wifi being available.

    Did Apple send out some sort of brick code or something? Cause that's what this really feels like. There's literally NO reasonable explanation for this phone to go from perfectly working, to not working, to completely inoperable inside of a few days.

    I bought this phone ~1.5 years ago. Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/SyNiKaLiTy
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Display Not Detecting

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    I have the 15" macbook pro '19 with two additional displays hooked up. I have a third display I'd like to connect, but for some reason it is not being detected through the cablematters hdmi adapter I have. Interesting thing is that it is not the adapter (as that works with the other monitors), it is not the monitor (as it works with other adapters), but seems to be an issue with it being the fourth monitor. I also have an older adapter which does get my computer to recognize the monitor, but it's old and doesn't work very well, so it glitches out. So it may be the new adapters? Not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/gringosprinkles
    [link] [comments]

    So the timer countdown doesn't show on lock screen in iOS 14 then?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    missing from the lock screen

    used to display under the date

    iOS 14.0.1 - iPhone 7

    submitted by /u/wozmatic
    [link] [comments]

    Earbud Not Working

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Hi y'all! I was watching videos tonight and one of my earbuds cut out. No sound is coming out of the left one. I have Apple headphones with the lightning connector. I was wondering, does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm not really in a place where I can spend a lot of money on new ones, so I'd love to fix it on my own if I can- I'm just not sure how. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/zoe_dunford
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to reset password

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Spent all day on this and need some help

    Macbook pro 2019 firevault enabled

    Forgot password

    I do the reset password using appleid and it reboots me to resetpassword utility using apple id in recovery mode login with the apple id and sometimes it ask me to type the new password sometimes it doesn't however when it does i type the new password and it says ok to restart and use new password however the password does not update after restart

    I have also done recovery mode terminal resetpassword which loads the utility

    login with the apple id and this fully unencryptes the drive and i can browse the drive but i still can not reset the password or do anything any ideas i can browse the entire drive but the terminal still shows that i am browsing as a bash user so not all the commands work.

    Firevault key is stored on icloud

    submitted by /u/ace14789
    [link] [comments]

    External monitor on Mac Book Pro stays off after waking from sleep

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    I usually keep an external monitor plugged into my Mac Book Pro during the day, and if I put it into sleep mode when I turn it on again I have to unplug the monitor and plug it back in to turn on.

    It's just a little annoyance but I did not have this problem when I was on Mojave, it just started after upgrading to Catalina. So I'm wondering if maybe it's just something in the settings.

    Anyone know?

    submitted by /u/jsap32
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Safari after update to 10.15.7 (transparent webwindow)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    Hi!Few days ago I decided to update for 10.15.7 OS version and after successful restart my Safari app seems to doesn't work at all. Each of attempts to run Safari app results with transparent browser window popping-up. It seems like typing and opening new tabs makes something in app itself (right click on icon in dock) but non graphic/action change is visible, any attempt to open preferences causes app crash or result in white tab opening (still cant click or do anything). Force quit Safari app and re-open sometimes results in grey Homepage which is freezed (can't do any action in web browser window).

    I've tried couple of resets and mac OS recovery (Catalina reinstall) - vainly...Crash reports:

    Process: Safari [2156] Path: /Users/USER/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari Identifier: com.apple.Safari Version: 13.1.3 (15609.4.1) Build Info: WebBrowser-7609004001000000~1 Code Type: X86-64 (Native) Parent Process: ??? [1] Responsible: Safari [2156] User ID: 501 Date/Time: 2020-10-18 12:47:13.481 +0200 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2) Report Version: 12 Bridge OS Version: 4.6 (17P6610) Anonymous UUID: BE68E1AE-077E-715D-AF0B-666D101DB6B3 Time Awake Since Boot: 6500 seconds System Integrity Protection: enabled Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY Application Specific Information: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '-[NSNib _initWithNibNamed:bundle:options:] could not load the nibName: StartPagePrivacyReport in bundle (null).' terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException abort() called

    This one seem a little bit different

    Process: Safari [2169] Path: /Users/USER/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari Identifier: com.apple.Safari Version: 13.1.3 (15609.4.1) Build Info: WebBrowser-7609004001000000~1 Code Type: X86-64 (Native) Parent Process: ??? [1] Responsible: Safari [2169] User ID: 501 Date/Time: 2020-10-18 12:54:37.359 +0200 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2) Report Version: 12 Bridge OS Version: 4.6 (17P6610) Anonymous UUID: BE68E1AE-077E-715D-AF0B-666D101DB6B3 Time Awake Since Boot: 7000 seconds System Integrity Protection: enabled Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4 Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4 Terminating Process: exc handler [2169] Application Specific Information: Crashing on exception: The window has been marked as needing another Layout Window pass, but it has already had more Layout Window passes than there are views in the window.

    Anybody have any idea what a mess happened over here?Mac Book Pro 2019; all software is up to date (Catalina/Safari).

    BR

    https://preview.redd.it/5bqk9v1cybu51.png?width=2878&format=png&auto=webp&s=7012f1e5804b9597ea7e39959089ca6754664dc6

    https://preview.redd.it/m499zm1cybu51.png?width=2742&format=png&auto=webp&s=6df1f458892fc4f2e72817a71efdaf927f6c1838

    submitted by /u/Dude-be-smooth
    [link] [comments]

    FireStick - Morning Show Ep 1 and 2 won't play - Spinning wheel (ep3 works)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    We are having the worst time trying to watch the Morning show. We downloaded the Apple TV app on our firestick and tried watching The morning show episode 1 & 2. We got a msg that content was unavailable and realized we forgot to sign in.

    We signed into the app with our subscription and tried to play episode 1 and 2. All we get is a spinning wheel.

    Tried everything.

    1. Updated Fire Stick
    2. Restarted Firestick
    3. Force stopped apple app, cleared data and cache and signed back in upon reboot. Even uninstalled

    4.Tried a family members account where episode 1 and 2 were just started to try and do a continue play. Same spinning wheels.

    Episode 3 works however and haven't tried the others.

    It's so frustrating and not a good start.

    submitted by /u/Colonel_Krackers
    [link] [comments]

    Does the “Other Data” ever increase?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    I'm pretty content with my 13gb of storage used with 4.5gb being other. but does anyone know if it ever gets bigger? it's honestly fine but its a real question. 🤷‍♂️ (using a 64gb iPhone SE2)

    submitted by /u/jimjimmyjimbojimothy
    [link] [comments]

    Will updating iCloud from an old device overwrite newer stuff?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    I have an old iPhone 6S, and about 2 years ago I got an XS. At the time I was a bit of a dummy, and didn't want to pay the incredibly negligible monthly fee for iCloud to transfer my content, so used an app called 'My Verizon', which transferred a lot, but not all, of the content.

    However, now that I do have iCloud, I'm wanting to create a backup from my old phone, in the hopes that it will basically just re-add all of that content into my newer phone. In that case, I would get duplicated stuff, but I don't really care about that. However, I'm concerned that instead of simply adding all of that older data, it will overwrite my newer backups from my current phone.

    Similarly, I want to be able to access all of my newer content from my old phone (less important), but even though I'm logged into the same iCloud account, it doesn't seem to be retrieving that.

    Can anyone advise?

    submitted by /u/barramundi-boi
    [link] [comments]

    Can i copy the DCIM folder that appears on my pc to a hard drive, reset my iphone and then put it back?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    My phone has been running pretty hot and slow recently and i want to completely reset it. I can probably get all the data I need back except for my photos. Backup to mac doesn't work at, has been spinning for like the past 30 hrs.

    submitted by /u/98Phoenix98
    [link] [comments]

    How much should I sell my iPhone X for?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Hi I have an iPhone X 64gb that I am looking to sell because I want to buy an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

    It is virtually brand new with no cracks or scratches and has a battery health of 95%.

    What would be a fair asking price? Or would I be better off trading it in when I buy the 12 Pro Max?

    submitted by /u/Mysterious_Jello
    [link] [comments]

    Can't directly transfer from Iphone 7 to Iphone XR

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm trying the quick start way as that's how I did it for Iphone 6 to 7 so I'm confident I use a software version that can do transferring but this time even after using the scanning using the old iphone camera. the option to transfer directly doesn't show up. Hope someone can help

    It only shows these options:

    https://preview.redd.it/lx28kwi9vcu51.jpg?width=1536&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f98054bc86d258efa8df4e762302af81cafa1234

    submitted by /u/PappyCucuy
    [link] [comments]

    Do Apple track IMEI on sent phones?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Need some advice, I've bought 2 identical 12 Pro's as I forgot to do the pre approval for the 0% 24 month payments on release. So I have one phone (paid outright) delivered on release day, and then the loan approved device coming 2 weeks later. I had planned to cancel the first device but it went straight to 'preparing to dispatch'. When they send devices do they track IMEI, or can I use the first phone and return the second phone but using the first receipt for refund? If that makes sense.

    submitted by /u/kentgti
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime Calls don’t appear on my phone

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I've just started experiencing this issue where I can call people on FaceTime no problem, works as it normally would. But if someone calls me on FaceTime it'll ring on their end but my phone (and none of my devices linked to my FT) will receive any call. It's as if there's no call happening. Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue? I must be overlooking some setting I've accidentally activated or something right?

    submitted by /u/jurtjuice
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone X (or 11?) showed “Storage full” then stuck in reboot loop

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Message stating "storage full" appeared on an iPhone X or 11 (its my mom's and she is unsure). Tried opening some apps and it was slow, and the apps were not opening. After trying opening whatsapp it rebooted to the apple. Tried hard reboot with no luck. If turned on, it will stay stuck in the apple. It will sometimes flash the apple but wont go through. I can force it off but otherwise the apple will stay on and keep restarting...

    Same issue happened with an iPhone 7 a few months ago (my wife's phone) and the only way of making it work was through a forceful restore. But my mom does not have backups...

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/tivericks
    [link] [comments]

    Should I connect monitor to my MacBook with the thunderbolt or HDMI port?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    I have a mid 2015 MacBook Pro and I am looking to buy a second display so that I have a dual monitor setup when using my laptop on my desk. I am aware that I can easily do this by connecting it to the monitor using the HDMI port on my MacBook but I have heard you have do it through the thunderbolt ports as well. Is there a quality difference between the two ports? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Ally1804
    [link] [comments]

    2010 mid iMac, white screen boot tried everything

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Hey guys, tech here with a real doozy. So this iMac we received has a weird issue... it only boots to a white screen. Now I've tried all the keyboard commands, we have tried swapping out several different drives and several iterations of MacOSX. I've changed the PRAM battery, SATA cables and tried various of other RAM configurations. Every time it boots into a blank white screen (we are using external monitor), now if we go try to boot it into Safe mode it works beautifully. I'm still stumped as the PC runs very well in safe mode but doesn't even boot without it. Any ideas before I throw in the towel (Trying to avoid a GPU issue)??

    submitted by /u/GroundbreakingBison7
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro doesn't go to sleep when I shut the lid

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Like the title says, my Macbook doesn't go to sleep when I shut the lid anymore. So far I've tried reinstalling MacOS (while keeping data intact) but that didn't fix it. I'm pretty sure all my settings are correct. Any idea what could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/oakclassic
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t click notifications, delete apps, see phone calls, etc.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm currently running iOS 14.1 on my iPhone XR, and for the past couple days I haven't been able to delete any apps or click on notifications. Sometimes the apps won't even open... When someone calls me I can hear the call but nothing shows up. I've restarted the phone, and I've disabled screen time but nothing...

    submitted by /u/Infam0usCr0wn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel