• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 03]

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 03]


    Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 03]

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily iOS support thread for /r/iOS.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the si[Tech Support FAQ page]()debar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Check our Tech Support FAQ page

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14 privacy features are really good. Never expected this to pop up, prevents websites from phishing private information

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    App Store alerts needed for one-time paid apps that “update” to a subscription model

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    This probably goes against Apple's self interest, assuming it gets a cut of all in-app subscriptions, but from a consumer protection/advocacy standpoint the company really should feature a prominent warning whenever any one-time paid app is about to "update" to a subscription model. Increasingly, app developers/publishers are sneaking these business-model changes past users who simply have too many apps to keep up with the changelogs and version history for every update. Most of us have been conditioned to expect that any given app update likely will include bug fixes, performance improvements, and possibly new features. We are not accustomed to having to be ever vigilant for updates that will convert an app we already paid for to one whose continuing use suddenly requires a subscription.

    submitted by /u/logonaut_
    [link] [comments]

    Now is even easier to convert images to PDF (not sure it was there before iOS14)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Looking for App for parental control on iPad

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    I use screentime on our 2 ipad's, but this is not accurate. Somehow it allows my kids to continue playing games or watching netflix even though it should block apps because the time passed. Both are setup the same, but one seems to work more consistent then the other.

    I am looking for an app to replace screen time. I don't mind to pay for it, preferably a one time fee. But paying 9 € a month I think is a lot. Also because we have two devices. So a price like 2 € a month I feel is something I find worth it. This would be a subscription for the coming years, as my kids are still young.

    Anyone has any recommendation?

    submitted by /u/upbeat22
    [link] [comments]

    [iOS 14.0.1] The end call button moving while opening Keypad is more than mildly infuriating.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Followup poll: if you updated to 14/14.0.1 what’s your experience?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Recently added apps category in App Library not show the apps I just added. After some time, suddenly they appears.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Is it a bug of iOS14 that affect everyone or just me?

    submitted by /u/dadiduekappa
    [link] [comments]

    Designer makes £77,000 from iPhone icons in a week

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    Minor UI peeve: Home Controls on are separated from other Control Center items on iOS, but not iPadOS.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    [Question] When (or will) iOS Weather and Dark Sky combine into one app?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    I really love the stock weather widget in iOS 14... but Dark Sky has been my go-to weather app for years now. I find it's the most accurate for me and me area. Does anyone know if there are plans to implement Dark Sky into the stock iOS Weather app?

    submitted by /u/tyrionLAN
    [link] [comments]

    Any apps with Coronavirus stats widgets?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I haven't seen an app that would allow me to make a widget with stats of either world or a specific country yet, has anyone seen anything that either has it built in or one of the widget makers that would allow that as a data input?

    submitted by /u/jvacek996
    [link] [comments]

    Brightness Bug

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    iOS 14.0.1, 2020 iPhone SE So I have auto brightness disabled and True Tone disabled, but for some reason my screen will randomly dim slightly for a few minutes and then go back to where I set it. This action is not reflected in the brightness adjuster like it is with auto brightness. This has been an issue with any iOS or iPasOS device on OS 13 or higher that I've used in the past year or so.. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/IAMCATRATS
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch cannot pair, even though my internet is connected and Bluetooth is on. Ios14

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    [bug] when Im getting a call while connected to my cars Bluetooth and I reject the call it disconnects my Bluetooth on iOS 14.0.1

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    I have to go through the entire process of reconnecting again and if I'm driving this is a problem

    submitted by /u/bladewing1989
    [link] [comments]

    Notes App Not Scanning - iOS 14 bug?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I just tried scanning a document for work using the Notes app and that feature is not working. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a known bug? Thanks

    submitted by /u/thefiminator
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube is now using iOS share sheet

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Those that want 4K on iPhone in YouTube check here.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    So during the beta testing phase you would be able on YouTube to view videos in 2160 resolution. Since iOS 14 came out that has disappeared. However checking a video on YouTube today I typed in " 4K video ultra hd hdr 60 FPS" and I clicked on a short movie clip with will smith and to my surprise it played in 4K. I don't know if this has been posted so if so I'm sorry but I wanted to let you know if you didn't. I'm on a 11 pro max if you're wondering.

    submitted by /u/protect_ya_neck03
    [link] [comments]

    Just so you’re aware, you can now set Opera Touch as your default browser.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Swiping left from the Lock Screen should be able to bring you to App Library.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel