• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Apple TV Apple TV gains 4K YouTube video playback, but HDR and 60 fps still missing - 9to5Mac

    Apple TV Apple TV gains 4K YouTube video playback, but HDR and 60 fps still missing - 9to5Mac


    Apple TV gains 4K YouTube video playback, but HDR and 60 fps still missing - 9to5Mac

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    My Siri remote trackpad button felt loose, here's a simple fix I did for it

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    The other day I noticed that the trackpad button on my 4th gen's Siri remote felt...loose. What I mean by that is, if I pressed lightly on it, there would be a slight click, and then pressing harder would be the actual click of the button.

    I have a case for it, so I didn't think that it was from being dropped or anything, and was worried it might have been something failing or falling apart from use over the ~year of me having it.

    Anyway, long story short, I ended up using a thin piece of plastic and going around the entire outside of the remote to loosen the adhesive. It was honestly a massive pain to get off, but once I got the remote opened up, I unloaded a ton of compressed air into all of the nooks and spaces around the remote, and especially where the button housing is.

    I closed it back up, weighted the remote with a few heavy books for about a half-hour to make sure the adhesive re-set, and everything is working perfectly! It feels stiffer, too, almost like brand new.

    I hope this helps someone who might be having a similar issue!

    submitted by /u/aschmelyun
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone ever have Airplay issues? When I try to stream some sports from my phone it will connect and disconnect immediately. It only happens on some streams so maybe it’s the stream idk.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    4K Movies look so much better when you buy/rent movies threw the Apple TV app than Netflix etc. Any tech savvy people know why?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    even when playing via icloud, not stored on the Apple TV storage

    submitted by /u/Hoddggy
    [link] [comments]

    Check resolution on Samsung TV?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    So I'm watching See on my Samsung TV with the Apple TV app.

    Is there a way to check the resolution my video is streaming ?

    I know this show is 4k HDR , but how do I know for sure I'm getting 4k resolution ?

    submitted by /u/DarthRaider95
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone’s Apple TV 4K unpause itself?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    If I pause a show on my Apple TV, no matter if it's Netflix or ATV+, it will go to the screensaver for a second and then go back to the pause screen of the show and start playing again.

    Tried updating, restarting, powering off and on. No luck.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/drakonath
    [link] [comments]

    "Up Next" feature not showing recently watched movie purchases anymore

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Tried it with The Green Book and The Prestige the past few days. Watched about an hour of each and they still dont show. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/Unfazed_One
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple users?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Just got the Apple TV 4K plus. I got one year free of Apple TV. I would like to add my sister so she can also use Apple TV to look at some of the shows. I can't figure out for the life of me how to add multiple users. Nobody in my house or my sister's house uses an iPhone. So how would I go about adding her just using the Apple TV streaming device? Does she have to sign up with an Apple ID and that's it how do I go about adding her and then making a profile so she can also use Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/ifeeltired26
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of returning to Apple TV

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    When I got an LG B9 earlier this year, I moved my ATV 4th gen upstairs because the TV seemed to offer all the apps I regularly used on the ATV.

    Since however, I have regularly encountered issues such as stuttering/buffering when playing UHD HDR content from the LG PLEX and LG Apple TV apps. I am adamant the issue lies with the App/TV and I'm just sick of being interrupted by it. I currently cannot enjoy a lot of content (accessible to me) that fully utilises the ability of my TV as a display.

    The LG Netflix and LG Prime Video apps do just fine, providing me HDR and Dolby Vision content without issue. But there's something different about the content I'm trying to view from my Plex server or on the Apple TV app - or the apps themselves.

    Anyway, the reason for this post is; is there anything I need to consider before buying an ATV 4K with my LG B9?

    Can I use the Magic remote to control the ATV? (Not a fan of the ATV remote).

    I see there are currently issues watching Dolby Atmos content on LG TVs with a Sonos Arc. I have a Sonos Beam, am I going to have any issues? (Not even sure if the Beam supports Atmos).

    submitted by /u/Seaniau
    [link] [comments]

    Creating new apple ids for a free trial

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Is there any way I would be charged if I created a new Apple ID to get a free trial of apple

    submitted by /u/Spikeliebs
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Music app keeps defaulting to AppleTV

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    iPhone Music app keeps defaulting to AppleTV

    I'm having a problem where the iPhone Music app keeps defaulting to my AppleTV without giving me the option of playing music through the iPhone. I have to keep opening and closing the airplay/devices setting until the iPhone shows up as an option. Is there a way to make the Music app stop defaulting to the AppleTV?

    https://preview.redd.it/yjtrr9hxeqq51.png?width=1242&format=png&auto=webp&s=ee9c5ba8ee981f87b567a98841b44788eb2b6831

    submitted by /u/awwwyeah206
    [link] [comments]

    What is the purpose of an apple TV?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    I've always been curious of this and don't really see a benefit in them worth a couple hundred $. Why do you own an apple TV?

     

    Was thinking of getting a 4k just because (I'm somewhat an apple fanboy) but I just don't see the reason for it.

     

    My 4k TV's all support airplay, and I have the netflix, youtube etc apps (including the apple TV app lol) on them which I never use(well maybe netflix). If I choose to use anything else, I just airplay one of my apple devices like the iPad(rarely) iMac(sometimes) iPhone(spotify sometimes) and Macbook Pro(very often, usually to watch movies with VLC though)

     

    Why would I purchase an Apple TV. Someone convince me, as I'm really curious. Feel free to throw in the perks of a jailbroken one. If I were to purchase, it would be the 64gb 4K version.

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel