• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 24]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 24]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 24]

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple missed the point of the word MagSafe

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    MagSafe was originally designed for laptops so that if someone tripped on the power cable, the cable would detach safely and not pull the laptop down with it.

    If someone trips on the new iPhone 12 MagSafe cable, it's going to bring the phone down with it. Also the MagSafe cable is too short to be able to use the phone comfortably while it's connected.

    Stick to a regular Qi charger if you want wireless charging, people.

    submitted by /u/Coufu
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Allows You to Measure Someone's Height Instantly Using LiDAR Scanner

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Today, I fell in the shower, and only because of Apple Watch was I able to get help within minutes. Apple Watch is the new life alert. Today I am grateful.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Apple's iPhone 12 clear case is absolutely awful - beware

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    I understand these kinds of things are entirely subjective, but I wanted to offer my experience with the clear case. I was excited to get a clear case for my Pacific Blue 12 Pro so I could show off the new color, and figured that Apple's case would be good quality because of my experience with their other cases in the past. Nope. - It's ridiculously slippery. Like, I've been afraid to use my phone with it in the case because it keeps slipping out of my hands. - It's more rigid and thicker than I was expecting, so it added more bulk than I was hoping to. - Probably the biggest sin of this case is how ridiculously hard it is to press the buttons. In the 24 hours I had it, I took so many screenshots because I had to grip the left side while pressing the power button. In contrast, the silicone cases have wonderful, easy to press buttons. It's crazy.

    I'm sure some people will like the clear case, but I just wanted to provide my opinion to anybody that was considering it. I for one just traded it for a navy silicone one at the Apple store and am much happier now.

    EDIT: I forgot to mention originally that another problem I have with it is that there is a lip around the camera cut out. So even with the case, it doesn't sit flat on a table. Why, Apple?

    submitted by /u/jjwood84
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro vs Galaxy Note 20 Ultra vs Pixel 5 Low Light Camera Test Comparison!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    iPhone 12 Pro Cinematic Video and Camera Stabilization Test

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Epic says Apple ‘has no rights to the fruits of Epic’s labor’ in latest filing

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    Erica Griffin - Display Quality and HDR Impressions + Gold iPhone 12 Pro Unboxing

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    iPhone 12 vs 11 DEEP Water Test! 18 FT Rating Legit?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Those who went from 11 Pro Max to 12 Pro, how are you liking your smaller phone?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    I had the 11 pro max and loved the battery on that phone but the size was a bit big for a few situations. I got the 12 pro and at first I thought it would be way too small but I'm now getting used to it and forgot how nice it is to use a phone with one hand. I think I will keep it but I'm going to keep testing it through the return window.

    What is your experience with the size difference? Will you be returning your 12 pro to get the max?

    submitted by /u/macbookvirgin
    [link] [comments]

    DPI comparison between iPhone 11 and 12 Pro

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    Setting up my new 12 Pro, I noticed screen elements were smaller on my older 11 compared to the 12 Pro. Both are set to the same display zoom and use the smallest text size setting. I find it odd the 11 looks better by showing more content on screen compared to the brand new 12 Pro.

    Anyone else notice this?

    submitted by /u/zeek215
    [link] [comments]

    You should REALLY consider the Beats Flex

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    Disclaimer: I don't consider myself an 'audiophile' in any way.

    With the winter season upcoming, I was considering another pair of Beats X (which I've had a few pairs die on me before I gave up and switched to AirPods Pro) for use while snowboarding. I can't imagine taking a spill and having my $250 earbuds fall out in white snow. So in this instance, I prefer the cable design over the truly wireless earbud design of the AirPods Pro. This is the best compromise for me in this brave world without the 3.5mm headset jack.

    I just received my Beats Flex from the FedEx guy and HOLY HECK I'm really impressed! My AirPods Pro are my daily drivers and I've grown to love them - especially after the A2084 update and the auto-switching/spatial audio features. However, I've always been a tiny bit disappointed in the sound profile of the AirPods and AirPods Pro when it came to listening to bass-heavy music. Personally, I prefer heavier bass response but I understand why people don't like the bass heavy profile of the Beats products. While these aren't nearly as muddy as your typical Beats headphones, the sound profile may still be too heavy for a lot of people.

    Feature-wise, the Beats Flex lacks the transparency/ANC modes, auto-switching between iOS, or spatial audio, but still offers good passive noise isolation, audio sharing, and fast-pairing with iOS devices. Buuuut, the 12-hour battery life blows the AirPods Pro away. USB-C charging is a very welcome feature, and it's bizarre that Apple decided to feature USB-C for their $50 entry level earbuds and NOT for the iPhone 12 lineup. Oh well - we got 5G I guess (?).

    Beats Flex AirPods Pro
    12 hour battery 4-5 hour battery
    USB-C Charging Lightning, but also Qi Charging
    'Wired Wireless' (but a win for sporting applications) Truly wireless, but glhf if one falls out and you lose it between the couch cushions
    no IPX water resistant rating IPX water resistant but I wouldn't swim with them
    Fast-pairing and switching (a la Pre-iOS 14 Airpods) + auto switching, transparency/ANC, spatial audio
    FIFTY FRIKIN DOLLARS $250.00 - or the price of 2 HomePod Minis and a month's supply of McChickens

    TL;DR: For $50.00 USD, the Beats Flex is one of the best value products Apple has ever released. It's hard to justify considering any other alternative to the AirPods Pro and the Beats Flex even outperforms the AirPods Pro in certain aspects. 10/10 would recommend.

    submitted by /u/calebthelee
    [link] [comments]

    1-handed MagSafe Attach/Detach

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    For those who are curious, it's pretty easy to remove the iPhone 12 from the MagSafe charger using one hand by simultaneously grabbing the phone and sliding the MagSafe off-center with the ends of your index/ring fingers.

    10sec video: https://i.imgur.com/X4x9hfm.mp4

    submitted by /u/MintyChaos
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 and why great design is timeless

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    QRWidgets - add a QR code to your homescreen

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    I released a small app to the App Store this week. It enables you to quickly show a QR when you need to. Just add the desired text or url, change the colors to suit your style and add the widget to your home or today screen.

    The app is free as it is a hobby project for me. I would love to hear any questions or suggestions.

    https://collinhemeltjen.github.io/QRWidget/

    submitted by /u/xibbeNL
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone unlocking in the Covid era

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    If you can unlock your MacBook with your Apple Watch without confirmation, why wouldn't you be able to do the same on the iPhone. It would be a nice alternative when Face ID is useless while wearing a mask out and about.

    submitted by /u/stormo4thousand
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro - Real Day in the Life Review

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    An Update to Mac Support - Announcement Last Epoch

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    Old .Mac Apple IDs can now be changed to any email address

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    To anyone left stuck with an old @mac.com, MobileMe, etc. Apple ID, Apple seem to have just added functionality to change away from these domains.

    I've just reset my Apple ID password after some suspicious activity on my account. As I logged into the iCloud website, it asked me to confirm a current email address, after which my Apple ID was changed to my current email address, on a custom domain.

    I've been waiting probably 15 years for this!!

    Edit: just to be super duper clear: if you set up your Apple ID many years ago, Apple would give you an address ending @mac.com, later @me.com before @icloud.com. There was no way to switch your Apple ID to your email address up until recently.

    So, for example, I was using a @mac.com Apple ID for years and years that no longer existed. It's mainly an aesthetic thing, but I'm really pleased I'm able to use my actual email address now.

    I wonder if this has something to do with some underlying changes they're making for Apple One?

    submitted by /u/rob__mac
    [link] [comments]

    Reuse your old iPhone or iPad as an external USB hard drive

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Apple needs a 'don't be evil' policy. Here's how to start. | Cult of Mac

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    android is better

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    Motivation Widget: Daily Quote (70+ categories)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    I released Motivation Widget: Daily Quote to the Appstore this week. Its a motivational quotes widget app. The app has over 70 categories. it also lets you customise the look and feel of the widget.

    I would love to hear any questions or suggestions.

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/motivation-widget-daily-quote/id1536470543

    submitted by /u/ninjastickerz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel