• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Apple Help I found hundreds of these exact texts, from my own number, two nights ago and have no idea how or why they were sent. Has anyone else experienced receiving odd texts like this from your own number? Or know why it would happen?

    Apple Help I found hundreds of these exact texts, from my own number, two nights ago and have no idea how or why they were sent. Has anyone else experienced receiving odd texts like this from your own number? Or know why it would happen?


    I found hundreds of these exact texts, from my own number, two nights ago and have no idea how or why they were sent. Has anyone else experienced receiving odd texts like this from your own number? Or know why it would happen?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    2010 Macbook Pro battery swollen, want all the stuff off of it

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    My old macbook pro battery swelled a few years ago now, and I just threw it in my closet and got a new one.. But I have been meaning to try to find a way to get the pictures and stuff off of it, as a good friend of mine passed away last year and I have an inkling that there are some old photos on there that could be therapeutic. If you have any suggestions on how I can safely get the images off, please let me know. :) TIA

    submitted by /u/crazaynicki
    [link] [comments]

    How much should i partition for bootcamp? I have a Macbook pro early 2015 8 GB 2.7 i5 with about 30 gb left lol. Purpose for bootcamp in text

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    I am planning on downloading Bootcamp only for programming software and all of that. Also, a little among us as well hehe. So, how much should partition? I can do it on an external hard drive, but how much memory should I do?

    submitted by /u/fbg_mach
    [link] [comments]

    How to avoid being removed from iMessage group

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    The title, really. Somebody keeps removing me from a group chat. It's a group chat with her and some other friends of mine and it's getting annoying. Is there anything I can do from keeping myself from being removed again?

    submitted by /u/TheDoctore38927
    [link] [comments]

    Router question. WPA AES recommended by iPhone after iOS14. Is that a glitch? Thanks

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    Just got iOS14 and in my wifi settings (normally WPA/WPA2) it is telling me that it is not considered secure that I should configure it to "WPA2 (AES)".

    I called my service provider and they said its a glitch on Apple's end. What does everyone recommend? Options on my router do not specify "AES". Two options are what I had "WPA + WPA2" and "WPA2".

    Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SenorDevil
    [link] [comments]

    File version recovery??

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    Hi!! For my classes I download powerpoint slides on my ipad in the "files" section, and then I typically use the marker tool to write on the slides. One of my slides randomly deleted all of my marker notes, is there any chance at getting that back?

    ty!

    submitted by /u/keara8
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad mini 1st Gen can't run Ios 10 and it is my trusted device. What to do ?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    So I accidentally logged out of my apple Id on my iPhone 7 and when I tried to log back it told me to either receive a code on my phone number which I don't own anymore or get a code from one my trusted devices running ios 10+. The problem is my iPad mini 1st gen can't run ios 10. What do I do here ? I'm stuck and can't log back into my account in my iPhone. Please help

    submitted by /u/Royalblue00
    [link] [comments]

    iPod Touch not recognizing MacBook, or other way around?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    I have a first gen iPod with iOS version 1.1.5 and a 13-inch MacBook Pro with the latest version of Catalina. I am trying to connect my iPod to the Mac, but it seems like the iPod does not recognize the Mac. When I connect it, it gives me the option to trust the iPod, but it ends up being unable to find the device. What can I do about this? Any help is truly appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/imafauxbanana
    [link] [comments]

    Transitioning from Chrome to Safari

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    Chrome has been pretty useful for a lot of things for me, but now I think it's time I switched since it's better late that never. The problem is, all my bookmarks, cache for sites I usually use (online photo editing, mainly) and stuff are the reason why I still use Chrome, but I really wanna get my common privacy back into the game, despite how late I am. Plus there's the memory leak.

    Where should I start from my transition to Safari? I'm stuck on Sierra by the way.

    submitted by /u/Streakdreniline
    [link] [comments]

    LCD burn in on IPhone 11

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I have a iPhone 11 the regular one with 2 cameras and have been noticing lcd burn in. Has anyone else experienced this ? I thought only iPhone with OLED displays experience burn ins.

    submitted by /u/Frosty-Accountant202
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes question

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    Do I have to sign into my iCloud account to use iTunes on windows? Or just simply plug my phone in and use it?

    submitted by /u/Dazzling_Butterfly_6
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else experienced this? It was working fine before today.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Pairing ios 14 to apple watch series 1

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Hello, I just bought a Apple Watch series 1 and I have an iPhone 8 running ios 14.0.1, is there anyway I could pair the two?

    submitted by /u/TheGeorgiaPeach87
    [link] [comments]

    Experiencing kernel panic on an early 2011 MacBook Pro.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    How can I troubleshoot if this is a hardware or software issue? Lightroom seems to be the app that I'm working in when it decides to restart, but other times, I'll simply have my browser open alone, which will prompt the "your computer has restarted because of a problem" message.

    My MBP definitely has a ton of miles on it being from 2011. I did replace the failed HDD with a Samsung Evo 850 and 8GB of RAM back in 2016, so I'm wondering if it's a sign that the thing is on life support. Other than the restarts (and the frequency at which they occur) it functions just fine. Really appreciate any tips on how to resolve the constant shutdowns!

    submitted by /u/obie_krice
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S not charging

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Today my phone, an iPhone 6S that I got in December 2016, stopped charging. It charged as normal last night. This afternoon the battery was as low as 9. I plugged it in, and it wouldn't budge, but wouldn't drop after 2 hours talking on the phone. I used it again in the evening, and it charged up to 80. I took it out for 10 minutes, and it dropped to 60. I put it in the charger, and it was at 47 after 30 minutes. I have two different chargers and neither of them work. I have no idea what's causing this problem.

    As stupid as it may sound, I live near the beach, so I have a hunch that there's sand in the charger port. I tried blowing in it, but that didn't do anything.

    submitted by /u/WooderIce64
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage is turned off but phone keeps trying to use it?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    For the whole time I've owned this new SE I've had iMessage turned off (it's one of the things I instantly disable on new phones) but every now and then this weird thing happens where I go to send a message and the bubble is the blue send one instead of the green text one. If I don't notice it it'll try sending as an iMessage which obviously fails since it's disabled. When I do notice the blue send button I either reload the messages app or just back out and go back into the conversation I'm typing in a few times and it fixes itself.

    Anyone know why it's doing this? It's been happening a bit more frequently recently. Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/RatRob
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot connect to Sidecar at all

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    I'm trying to use sidecar and connect my iPad and Mac, but when I've tried to connect wirelessly I get this message "Sidecar can't connect wirelessly because your iPad's Wi‑Fi is not available. To use Sidecar wirelessly, turn on Wi‑Fi, and make sure it is not in use for Personal Hotspot." Even though Wi‑Fi is on for both.

    I also can't connect to Sidecar with a cable, but idk I'm just lost.

    submitted by /u/Illustrious_Talk
    [link] [comments]

    "accountsd" running at 700% CPU

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what is happening with my Mac? "accountsd" is running between 400% and 700% CPU. It's causing my fan to go crazy! I read that logging out of iCloud solves the issue, but it only solves the issue if I stay logged out and that's not option.

    I'm running OS Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2018 MBP.

    submitted by /u/rayyychul
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods Not Connecting?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    My airpods just decided to stop connecting to devices, they'll connect to bluetooth, but wont' play sound and then disconnect, help me?

    submitted by /u/_rlamont
    [link] [comments]

    Apple won't let me return a purchase (iPad Pro) and randomly charged me today.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    So I've been trying to cancel a purchase for awhile (fortnite 1000 v-bucks) since the end of July/literally the day before August, it's been back and forth before I was finally unexpected charged today with no explanation! I've tried talking to their customer service again, but they are extremely unhelpful- saying it's the time the purchase was made even though when I first made the purchase I immediately went to cancel within the correct time and didn't spend any of it, because of the apple v fortnite war. The receipt says charged today, and the purchase history changed from end of July to September 30. As to why they waited until today to charge me, the literal worst possible time, I don't know... Ngl, I feel like they knew and just hate me. It's been extremely frustrating and I'm wondering if in just talking to the wrong people or if apple just likes to **** people in the ***?

    submitted by /u/FishyForever
    [link] [comments]

    I used alcohol ( because of COVID-19) on my iPhone XS screen and it went green.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Hello,
    I have an iPhone XS bought in the USA on 27th September 2018.

    As soon as I walked home, I used alcohol to clean my iPhone and then wiped it using a paper towel.

    10 minutes later I see a green tint and then it went black. The phone was still on and I could hear notifications and everything else. I had read about green tint on the OLED screen so I thought it might be a software problem and I did a recovery using a MacBook and then it was factory reset.

    I turn the phone on and I only see a white/ green screen.
    Is there a possibility that this screen can be fixed?
    Do I need to buy a new screen?
    Is it worth repairing a 2-year-old iPhone for 300$+ when its value has gone down?
    What about non-authorized shops?

    submitted by /u/souleatzz1
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished Mac mini, manually upgraded ram, concerned about fan

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Upgraded the ram myself. Everything works fine, but the device gets hot immediately and I don't hear any noise whatsoever, so I'm wondering if the fan works or not. Am I just bugging? Does the fan ever make noise? I ran the diagnostics test and it said no issues.

    submitted by /u/therealbear
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find my apps iOS 14

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Hello, When I download an app, it used to go to the Home Screen, now it goes to the app drawer (like android) I do not want this. More annoying is that I can't find the apps I download. I can type in the search bar the app I want and it will show up, but I still can't find the app! Of I have 200 apps on my phone and every time I download an app I need to go to the app drawer and scroll through all the apps?! I want the apps I download on my home screen by default. Anyway, can't find my app. Help would be nice. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Adventurous-Project6
    [link] [comments]

    Question about ipad pro shipping/processing dates

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    Hello! I bought an ipad pro about 3 weeks ago (my first apple device!) and it's scheduled to arrive on the 7th of October. But my order still says "processing" even though I didn't customize it or anything...how accurate are the shipping times and when will it stop saying processing lol? I totally understand that corona might have an impact on shipping times, I'm just impatient and would like it for school haha.

    submitted by /u/noellaj20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel