• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 8, 2020

    macOS I think Apple fixed it with Big Sur

    macOS I think Apple fixed it with Big Sur


    I think Apple fixed it with Big Sur

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    Everyone talks about how ugly the battery icon is, but what about this?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    New native Gmail client for Mac

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Hey 👋

    I discovered recently a new Mac client (in beta) with native support of Gmail functions (shortcuts, labels, inboxes)

    It's called Mimestream : https://mimestream.com

    The developer is a former Apple engineer who worked on Mail.app, so it piqued my interest :).

    Screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/CJEP17E/

    submitted by /u/Astroboy_13
    [link] [comments]

    macOS extended journaled or APFS?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Today I'm getting an external ssd to use as a startup disk for my MacBook Pro since its ssd stopped working and I can't replace it cuz it's soldered to the logic board. I wanted to ask about the format i should use for the external ssd. All youtube tutorials say it should be macOS extended journaled but i think it should be APFS since it's optimized for ssds.

    submitted by /u/youssefbrigui200
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to refresh the iOS to MacOS handoff feature in safari? The only way I can do it atm is by closing then relaunching safari but I’m sure there’s a better way.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Custom resolution?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    Say I want my MacBook Pro 16" to run at a custom resolution. Say 1440p. I understand I'll have black bars, but is this possible? Or let's say I want ultrawide for whatever reason, say 2560x1080, how would I do this? And yes I understand I'll have black bars.

    submitted by /u/tempaccount00101
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a bug? Sound output says internal speakers in menu bar even though wired headphones are plugged in.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Use compute power spare PC as rendering server

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Does any of you know if it's possible to use a spare pc and it's compute & graphics power as a rendering server for Photoshop, Premiere Pro etc?

    As main machine I have a 2015 Macbook Pro and sometimes I need a bit more power in said programs

    submitted by /u/jointadventure
    [link] [comments]

    [Urgent] Getting rid of the iCloud iDrive datas

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    I'm helping since yesterday a customer to get rid of her iCloud storage.

    I'm actually very experienced when it comes to Apple tech and software.

    I deleted every file from her iCloud Drive manually, I also tried to delete it again from her iPhone. But it still says the iCloud Drive is full. Also when I go to iPhone and delete it trough the preference app instead to delete the file manually, it still says the storage is full. It seems to be a bug or something.

    When I check up the files manually on icloud.com the files are deleted. But it still says iCloud Drive is full.

    I also tried to sign off and in with her Apple ID on every device.

    What else can I do? Normally I don't need help with shit like this, I always could solve problems like this on my own. But this seems to be a fucking annoying bug.

    Note: Her photos are not in iCloud. It's especially iCloud Drive.

    Do I need to contact Apple support? Or does someone know a trick?

    submitted by /u/citizenofeurope
    [link] [comments]

    My macbook won't reinstall MacOS

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    I bought a 2019 13" MacBook Pro and I deleted the partitions to perform a factory reset (drive was working fine). When I tried to reinstall MacOS with the internet recovery it didn't work, sometimes it reboots and gets stuck on the apple logo in a loop and sometimes doesn't even finish downloading. I can't boot into single user, it just reboots before I can type anything... It's my first mac, sorry if I'm dumb

    submitted by /u/Nicotrok00
    [link] [comments]

    updating to macOS Big Sur public beta "there's not enough space" when I have enough space

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    Google Backup and Sync doesn't work on Big Sur Public beta

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Dongles and USB compatibility

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am currently on my first MacBook (2020), which I love, but I am having some issues with the compatibility of USB devices. For instance, I have a network adapter to use in Virtual Box and it is USB 2. The dongle has USB 3 ports only and obviously the Mac has C. Device shows up in Virtual Box machine settings and on top bar once machine is on, but after running ifconfig it does not show up aka not connected. Sorry if this is also a Linux question at this point >< but I'm just not sure if MacOS has compatibility issues with this adapter or if its the dongle.

    Adapter is FlePow (got on Amazon)

    I may have also had this issue trying to connect my Canon SLR using the new Webcam Utility. Camera never showed up.

    Dongle life problem?

    submitted by /u/lost_vault_hunter
    [link] [comments]

    "...could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish."

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    "...could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish."

    I haven't been using macOS for very long, so I'm not too sure how common of an issue this might be. Every time I plug in any iOS device into my 2019 16" Macbook Pro, I'm greeted with "...\device* could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish."* I have to click OK and redo the sync. It defeats the purpose of having it automatically sync once plugged in. I should note I'm on Big Sur at the moment, but it was doing this on stable Catalina, too. It shouldn't be the Macbook Pro either, as I already had it swapped out for a new one due to the previous one having several dead pixels. It also showed the same message. Anyone else encounter this sync issue? Seems like it's just with having "Automatically sync when the iPhone is connected" checked.

    https://preview.redd.it/4myqtmpcwof51.png?width=1128&format=png&auto=webp&s=ad8144dc8df49a8bb1f2dd81d0d4d9a85970c098

    submitted by /u/SonicHyuga
    [link] [comments]

    Noob question about Apple script

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I have no idea how to use Apple script but I need to write a script that will simulate pressing the left or right arrow 50 or 100 times or more with one key press. I'm blind and need this to make voiceover do something I need it to do. Can anyone guide me to something that might help me write this please? or if there's an easier solution than doing it with Apple Script? Cheers.

    submitted by /u/liamjh27
    [link] [comments]

    Hide Active app from dock.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Is there a way to remove an active application from the dock and CMD-TAB view, if the application doesn't support that from it's own preference menu? I've running an RSYNC server for backups is open during the day to receive requests, but don't want it to appear for sake of simplicity since its also a workstation (for obvious reasons). On Windows, I could just minimize to the tray, and hide the icon. Problem solved. But for Mac, the rsync icon which is essentially a folder which is confusing next to other stacks is not something I want in my dock. Minimizing to the menu bar would be IDEAL. I've done some research on google which is directing me to some old apps (Burn, Ghosttile, Dock Dodger).

    submitted by /u/migle75
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to reduce 'Other' storage. Trying to install Mac OS Big Sur Beta but need 30gb more space.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    hey what adblock are you guys currently using?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    i had been using "wipr" but it no longer blocks youtube ads or anything on twitch

    please let me know what you guys suggest, thank you.

    submitted by /u/boxingfan2018
    [link] [comments]

    An error occurred installing macOS at 10 mins remaining

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    Dictionary app is still not working, even after upgrading to the public beta of big sur

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    is anyone having the same problem?

    submitted by /u/SmoothVeterinarian
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to install Photoshop on MacOS Catalina?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I got an used Macbook Pro, is there a way to install Photoshop on MacOS Catalina?

    I'm not asking for a cracked version, a normal, legal way to install and use Photoshop on Catalina...

    Tried everything, nothing achieved..

    Thanks for your feedback!

    submitted by /u/lord-zero25
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Mode Transparency Bug

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Big Sur Style Icons - Davinci Resolve, LINE, Brave Browser, Todoist

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel