• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    iPad Using my iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1 as music player. Just imported 355 songs (3.5GB)

    iPad Using my iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1 as music player. Just imported 355 songs (3.5GB)


    Using my iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1 as music player. Just imported 355 songs (3.5GB)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    I hope this post is allowed. I'm looking for a case/keyboard that allows my iPad Pro (11 inch) to be angled like this while I'm laying bed.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    What are the best productivity’s app for a university student and why ?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    Hello everyone hope you're having an excellent Monday. Today I start college (online because of covid ) and I will be using an iPad whit Apple Pencil, I am looking for the best apps for productivity/note taking/ organizing info. What apps are good and why ?

    submitted by /u/Raziellim
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pros Out of Stock Everywhere

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    I can't find the larger iPad Pro at any Apple store near me. Delivery says 3-4 weeks.

    Will they be back in stock in stores any time soon, ideally before 3-4 weeks from now?

    submitted by /u/macbookpro16in
    [link] [comments]

    Apple rep says AppleCare+ for iPad will not cover MK or other accessories. Is that correct?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I purchased my AppleCare+ for my iPad Pro yesterday and called apple to confirm whether or not it covers the accessories as well (the MK and the pencil) and they told me it does not. They said it would only cover the iPad. I referred them back to the AppleCare+ page for iPad which says otherwise, and they still told me it would not be covered. Is this correct? I just want to make sure because I am seeing different responses everywhere.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/helpherbatman
    [link] [comments]

    Duet on windows

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Hi, does anyone know if i can use my ipad with duet as an only display for windows pc?

    submitted by /u/K1LL3RV4L
    [link] [comments]

    Which App you use to write down/draw ideas and projects?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    I'd like to renew my garden a bit, and i'll have to create some custom parts.

    I already have Procreate but it's more an artistic app than a project app, it doesn't do measurements/precise/straight drawing very well (for my experience).

    Is there anything else, preferably free, that can provide faster shape-drawing, easier straight lines and project style workspace on the App Store?

    submitted by /u/neilpare
    [link] [comments]

    My iPad only home office

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    What exactly happened with the 2020 iPad Pro?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    Given two years had passed since the release of the previous iPad Pro, it seemed like the 2020 was due for a real chip upgrade, yet it received only the A12Z bionic. The difference in performance between this chip and the A12X in the 2018 iPad Pro is nearly nonexistent..

    There is an additional 2GB of RAM in all models, making for 6GB total, and the 2020 base model has 128 GB of storage vs 64GB in the 2018. 2GB more of RAM is nice but not exactly game-changing for the vast majority of users (actually the 1TB 2018 Pro had 6GB of RAM so that is not even an upgrade!). Increased base storage is also nice but doesn't really come across as an "upgrade", more like a hidden price drop.

    A lot of people will say the Pro is already more than powerful enough for most users, and I suppose my comment about the RAM increase is in line with that opinion. However, I am wondering what the implications of this "it's good enough" attitude are as far as the future of the iPad Pro. I'm also why we would be OK with this attitude whereas people have no problem being disappointed when something similar happens with Macbook Pros. To me, this small spec bump seems to indicate Apple is happy keeping the iPad Pro where it is -- a beefed up tablet but not really a mainstream productivity/work device like the Macbook. Maybe there are no near-future plans to push the Pro's more into "laptop-replacement" category.

    I'm sure there could be other things going on as well, like supply-chain issues due to the pandemic. Just wondering if others have thoughts about this and/or any predictions for the future.

    submitted by /u/minuteman7
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing between iPad and Windows (best apps)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    After a long time using a macbook pro mid 2009 and ipad air 1 I've decided to upgrade to a AMD Desktop Computer and an iPad Pro 2020.

    The main problem is dealing with the best or most used apps between the two systems (windows & iPadOS).

    So I want to ask the community for the apps most people used daily:

    For example: Email app: Mail or Spark, Navigator: Safary or Chrome/Firefox/Brave, Notes: ios Notes are not available on windows so iOS Notes via web or Evernote, google notes, etc..

    submitted by /u/davidcafor
    [link] [comments]

    Identifying app tied to a different AppleID

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    So I use two AppleID accounts, one is my primary and the other is my secondary (which are only a handful apps that are country-locked). However, when I set up my new iPad through iCloud I got a prompt from a weird gmail AppleID which I have never heard or used. Possibly someone might have used my iPhone in the past to install an app or so, but I have no clue who that was or even remember the appleID associated with it.

    Now my issue is that I cannot figure out how to identify which app belongs to that specific AppleID so I can remove it and not get that prompt to login to install the app for my next restore.

    Since I'm on Catalina the iTunes app doesn't show your iOS device apps anymore, there's the finder now but it does not show apps at all.

    How am I to find out which app was tied to that account? Since I couldnt enter the password for that email account, I take it it didn't install on my new iPad, so I have no clue how to find it.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/0maeWaM0uShindeiru
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad Pro 11.9" 2020 connected to external monitor with no speakers blocks audio settings

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I have an Ipad Pro 11.9" 2020 and am using these components to connect it to an external monitor:

    - Baseus HUB https://www.amazon.com.au/Baseus-Aluminum-Charging-Headphone-Compatible/dp/B07VX46FPK

    - HDMI to DVI cable (monitor only has DVI port)

    - Samsung monitor with no speakers

    When I connect the Ipad, I lose all control of audio settings and audio is locked to output sound from the speakerless monitor. I cannot change the audio output to the Ipad at all and from some googling I found that its an IOS issue there.

    What I haven't been able to find more concrete answers is when trying to use bluetooth earphones (Jaybirds for my case). The Ipad will not allow me to connect the jaybirds when connected to the hub. I disconnect the hub and connect the earphones (no problems) and upon plugging the hub back in, the jaybirds are automatically disconnected.

    I do not have speakers, nor do I have wired earphones with an audio jack that I might try to plug into the hub. Frankly I don't want to pay for anything new as I expected to use the audio from my Ipad or bluetooth devices.

    Anyone have any experience with this? Or is it just an ios update away?

    submitted by /u/ZoobsNZooms
    [link] [comments]

    Are there things Affinity Photo can’t do that Darkroom can do?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I have an 11 inch IPad Pro 2020 and i want to get into photo editing. I've heard a lot of good things about both Darkroom and Affinity Photo. I've watch a few videos on YT on this topic and I'm left wondering if there are things that Darkroom can do and Affinity Photo can't.

    Would you suggest I buy both or will Affinity Photo be enough? Or are their maybe other apps (without a monthly subscription) that are more capable than these two?

    submitted by /u/oli4lambaerts
    [link] [comments]

    Using an iPad as a PC replacement - my thoughts!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    I really want to use my iPad as my primary computer! It's just so versatile, and one moment I'll be sitting on the couch playing PUBG, and the next I can do actual work. But these are the biggest hurdles I've found right now:

    1. There's no proper file system! How on earth can you manage without it? It's something that really irritates me. I understand Apple's walled garden, but a computer accessible blank partition would be amazing! It's one of the biggest reasons I can't compare the iPad to a PC, and hinders a lot of workflows.

    2. Another reason would be apps. Many important "PC" programs are missing, and some are not close to their counterparts. Sure, it's getting better, and the ARM MacBook's coming soon will help, but we're just not there yet. For example, with the Office apps - the mobile version is just not as good as the full blown PC version of Word, PowerPoint & Excel.

    3. The last thing is window management. On my iPad, I can have only 2 full apps at once on my screen. Slide over doesn't fully count, as it takes over your 2nd app. I'd love for a Mac/Windows like window management experience!

    Also, there's the aspect of pricing. An iPad Pro + Magic Keyboard costs the same as the MacBook Air. The iPad lighter though, right? Or is it!? The Magic Keyboard is pretty heavy, to counterweight the iPad on top. Turns out it's actually heavier than a MacBook Air! MKBHD's video on it is pretty good. So is it worth paying for an iPad, when you can get a full blown MacBook Air, which is lighter and can run x86 programs without the above problems?

    But here's the thing - you can't really compare the two! The iPad is similar, but different at the same time. If your workflow can support it, it's an amazing device that's quite a bit more fun than a traditional PC :P

    submitted by /u/TechExpert2910
    [link] [comments]

    i just got my iPad pro 2020 with magic keyboard and i dont feel happy about it

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys, i just got my iPad pro 2020 with magic keyboard and i dont feel happy about it, Seriously it is because there will be a better version(mini-led) of it next year and this driving me nuts, has anyone else experienced that? what is this called?

    submitted by /u/Kangaroo-Radiant
    [link] [comments]

    Using iPad Pro for anything productive is frustrating

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    The device is okay. I just cannot stand the OS. It's just not made for productivity. They say it can replace a laptop... nonsense, it's nowhere even close. All the swiping is often a hit or miss, or not intuitive. I've spent 10 minutes trying to open some wav files in garageband before giving up. File management is also unintuitive. If your usage of a laptop consists only of media and web surfing, it's great. But no thanks, I can do everything on my laptop a million times more comfortably and faster.

    Also, it has no headphone jack. My phone that is just as thick as the ipad does have it. Don't tell me they couldn't fit a 3.5 mm hole on a 5mm thick device.

    submitted by /u/scrapingthebarrels
    [link] [comments]

    Can my new iPad replace a chromebook (with a keyboard)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    I bought an iPad Air 3 recently for art/media consumption. Last year I purchased a Chromebook for school but it isn't much of a joy to use outside of that purpose. Literally all I did with the chromebook was use google docs and classroom lol and i wonder if the iPad with its updated browser can do that just as well before I sink 100+ dollars into a keyboard case. Thanks:)

    submitted by /u/jesusdeletus
    [link] [comments]

    My new Apple Pencil doesn’t make straight diagonals

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    My Apple Pencil making some wiggle diagonals. Does anyone know if it is from the old glass screen protector or from the Apple Pencil itself (I just brought my Apple Pencil yesterday)

    submitted by /u/XYouyou31X
    [link] [comments]

    Is Anyone Having Problems with Apple Shipping?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Hopefully it's okay to post this here, if not please take this post down. I ordered an iPad and Apple Pencil on July 20th for the upcoming fall semester. My order is not going to ship for about another month. It is supposed to come a few days after my classes start, which is August 24th. What I would like to know is are/have any of you experienced delays? Are they delivering early? Or are they sticking to the time frame that they give you with your order? I've heard a few recent horror stories that they're taking a lot longer than stated and some people have had their orders get stuck in customs. My iPad is not a necessity but I want to get it as soon as possible so I can get my syllabus installed and formatted and download my textbooks to make sure everything is working properly. I understand that this is due to Covid and I fully respect Apple for doing the best they can, I just am nervous about issues since I spent so much on the products.

    I appreciate any information anyone can give me.

    Update August 3rd: Apple Pencil is still processing (I got it engraved), however, my iPad now says preparing to ship. Delivery window is now Aug 18th - 25th.

    submitted by /u/BriannaxG
    [link] [comments]

    How to opening PDF in a two-page view?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    I read a lot of photo magazines and books and am having a hard time finding the right app to use on the iPad. Because a lot of the photos spans across 2 pages I need to find an app that gives me that ability to view. Adobe Acrobats does not have that feature and Books can only do that with .epub. Any ideas which app I can use? Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/Thl70
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel