• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    Apple Watch 8 months later and still looking sharp

    Apple Watch 8 months later and still looking sharp


    8 months later and still looking sharp

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Anyone else not sharing their Activity with anyone?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Not due to the fact I dont feel comfortable doing it, its just nobody I know owns an apple watch. Here in Germany, Android is almost as popular as apple, if not more. Apple watches are pretty rare here.

    Just noticed Im sharing it with my dad, but he doesnt care about the rings lol

    submitted by /u/cabbageinabox
    [link] [comments]

    I really like this band!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    From Series 5 to Series 1

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    Black Nike pride edition sports band on space gray aluminum. Love it!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    Just got my new watch, but this is what happens in the app. Any idea why this might be?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Issue with sharing Apple Watch activity

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    I had an Apple Watch in 2018. I used the activity app a lot and was sharing activity with a few people. However, at some point I blocked a bunch of people from seeing my activity (or inactivity specifically). I later moved to an android phone and got rid of the watch.

    A few months ago I switch back to Apple and got an SE phone and Watch series 5. I am trying to share activity with some family/friends. However, when they try to friend me it does not show up on either of our phones. If I send them an invite to connect they will receive it, accept it, but I will not show up in their 'sharing' list and they will not show up in mine.

    I think this is related to the blocking of viewing activity I did with my previous watch/phone. However, I don't know how to undo this... any suggestions?

    I googled this issue and I'm only seeing suggestions for a previous Watch OS. The Watch app used to have a section to see your friends and who you have blocked so you could undo a block from there. However, that no longer exists....

    submitted by /u/alatoire_
    [link] [comments]

    Series 3-- Can't get update?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    Hi! I believe I have a Series 3 Apple Watch and just got notified this morning of the update. I'm trying to install it; however, it's saying I don't have enough storage so I can't install it. I can't figure out how to delete the apps that are actually taking up a lot of storage.. any ideas/suggestions?!

    submitted by /u/yogurtrox
    [link] [comments]

    My day one Apple Watch took its last hike this weekend. RIP

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Whyyyyy? just give me the extra step apple!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    My New Series 5 with Braxley Band

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Connect to Samsung

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Hello people, My father has an Apple smart watch, but because his new boss wants him to like him, the new boss offered to buy him a newer version. I can have his old smart watch, but I only have a Samsung phone. Is it in some way possible to make the watch connect to the phone and enjoy at least some of the functionalities, like with the airpods? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Randomname123NL
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve never closed all of my rings for the month but I decided to give it a go, so far so good!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    What can I even do with my Apple Watch? (Series 3)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    I got the watch for a discounted price at Verizon when I bought my Iphone 11. I bought a cheap little protector for it, but haven't really done much with it since. I wear it everyday because its nice to receive texts or see GPS directions without picking up my phone. But besides Pong, I don't even know what I can do with my apple watch. What are some good apps/hidden capabilities? I workout everyday and would like to track my sleep if possible.

    submitted by /u/BoxOGoldfish
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch not syncing activity data with iPhone app

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Hello r/AppleWatch

    I usually consider myself a techie for when it involves troubleshooting issues on my devices. Having that said, I've hit a wall. Since the beginning of July, my Apple Watch refuses to synchronize Activity data with my iPhone. I receive notifications just fine. Everything else operates as it should, but Activity data remains local on my Watch. I've checked applicable privacy settings but to no avail. I've also reset BOTH my phone and watch and still, nothing.

    submitted by /u/gmzjaime94
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys wear your watch on days you don’t workout or don’t go out?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Changing watch face on iOS won’t sync to watch

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Before starting, my iphone is jailbroken on ios 13.4.1

    Got my watch today and linking went flawless. Everything seems to work ok but when changing the watch faces on my phone, nothing happens when clicking set as current watch face.

    Could it be due to the jailbroken iphone or should i try pair my watch again and give it another go?

    submitted by /u/cherryguy
    [link] [comments]

    My Crazy Experience Buying an Apple Watch

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I've been interested in Apple Watches for a really long time. The concept was always super intriguing: it felt so futuristic to have such a complex computer always with you on your wrist. However, I could never bring myself to buy one - they seemed so expensive, and was it really necessary? I had always put it off, saying "maybe when they get cheaper." I said that so often to myself that I eventually just forgot about them entirely, until a couple days ago when I visited a friend. She has an Apple Watch and let me try it out, and I fell in love with the software, design, and pretty much everything else about it. As soon as I got home, I looked into buying one.

    I'm a firm believer in buying used tech. It reduces waste, lets another person make a bit of money rather than a huge company, and is generally cheaper. My first thought was eBay, especially with the global pandemic. However, nothing caught my eye as a particularly good deal on there, so I decided to check Craigslist for my local area. There were only a couple listings, but one seemed almost too good to be true: a Series 3 for only 100$, 50% off from the retail price from Apple. The listing, however, was sparse, and seemed a bit sketchy. I decided to inquire on it anyway. It took hours for them to respond, but low and behold, it was still available! I asked for more details, and within another couple hours, the woman selling it happily and understandingly gave them to me. I was in contact with her for a little while longer, setting up a time and place to meet. Throughout all of our emails, she was polite, friendly, and understanding. We finally decided to meet up at a McDonald's parking lot earlier today.

    When the time came, I drove to the McDonald's, and met up with the seller. She readily handed me the box and let me look at the watch to make sure everything was in order, without me having to even ask. Sweet! I checked it out to make sure that it was real, and not a fake. I looked at all the buttons and compared it to the Apple specifications and such. Everything seemed to be in order: it was completely flawless! No scratches, dings, or any damage.

    I flipped over the watch to read the text on the back and make sure that it was a valid serial number and that everything check out. Yep.. yep... Apple Watch Series 4.... wait... 4?!? I looked back at the box it came in. Box said Series 3. Listing said Series 3. I checked the watch again to make sure I didn't misread. Sure enough, I was holding a genuine Series 4. I put everything back in the (original!) box, paid her the 100$, and left. When I got home, I realized it was completely dead. I plugged it in, and after half an hour of charging it came to life! I paired it to my phone, and it is now working on software updates.

    I got a mint condition Apple Watch Series 4 for 100$.

    (Sorry for the long post! This is my first Apple Watch and I'm super excited, and I wanted to share this story.)

    submitted by /u/CaptainWrathbow
    [link] [comments]

    Nike Run Club activity from Android to Activity app

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    I have done some exercises using the NRC app on my Android phone. Is it possible to sync that activity with my Health/Activity app on my apple account?

    I have added NRC through Health->Privacy->Apps-> Allow NRC to read/write all categories.
    But I can only see activities done through apple devices, which is weird.

    The NRC app shows all activities both on Apple and Android phones.

    Does anyone know if health/activity can include NRC activities done through an Android phone? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/javapyscript
    [link] [comments]

    Shattered Dreams

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Shattered Dreams

    Well here I go, I don't expect anyone in this subreddit to actually see this which is partly the reason I took so long to post this but screw it.

    I always loved trying on my friends apple watch to do the breathing exercises and check my heart rate so one day I decided that I wanted to buy one. My parents would never condone spending 400 dollars on a tiny screen to wear on my wrist so I saved up 400 dollars by setting aside 10 dollars a week for 40 weeks so that I could buy the ever so beautiful Apple Watch Series 5 GPS, 40mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band. I'm a broke high school student so 10 dollars a week means two less bacon egg&cheese's and two Arizona's each week (A HUGE sacrifice i know).

    When the time came to buy It I was extremely excited because not only were my 40 weeks of saving about to pay off, but the watch was also on sale at Walmart for "only" 300 dollars.

    I started using it the DAY it came and had so much fun customizing my watch faces and playing around with all the newfound setting and also watching youtube videos about the " Top 20 Unknown Apple Watch Series 5 Features." I wore it day and night, when I went out for runs, biked to and fro places, and to bed at night so that I could track my sleep!

    I used my watch almost religiously for a little over a month since I got it until one day, when I decided to bike home over the Brooklyn Bridge (a dumb decision on my part due to the sheer amount of pedestrians walking on it). As I rode down the bridge, wheels spinning, a man moved left from the walking lane into my biking lane and I knew if I hit him he'd definitely be injured so i shifted left as well just as a bike approached from the opposite direction. I ended up grazing the tail of that bike and I crashed into the floor. Fortunately I was the only person injured but after the man who moved into my lane helped me up, I brought up my left wrist to stop my cycling workout (in hindsight I don't know why this was my first reaction LOL) and was so mad and disappointed in myself that I broke my watch after only 33 days which I spent basically 30 WEEKS to save up for. I was just getting the hang of completing my circles too, but I guess what's done is done. Unfortunately I didn't buy insurance for my watch so I guess it's time to start saving for another 40 weeks.

    If you read to the end I really appreciate you and I hope you have a blessed and amazing day. Also that you and your family are staying safe in these trying times. I love this community so much for the amount of love and support ya'll give one another, seeing the comments of encouragement on people's posts of month/year long activity circle streaks really brightens my day! I hope to be able to post a screenshot of a similar streak :)

    P.S. I would post pictures of my battle scars (wounds) but they are quite graphic so I decided against it LOL

    https://preview.redd.it/96k3ey4thue51.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=94d58be6a164fc689eade6a950e71aea5557a264

    https://preview.redd.it/f7h0iaowhue51.png?width=750&format=png&auto=webp&s=5b56eeeb0a0b962b740b57a9382a03d532e98d12

    submitted by /u/as1ansanta
    [link] [comments]

    AutoSleep Question

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    So, for whatever reason, I always wake up at least once during sleep. I usually sleep 2-3hrs, wake up, then sleep 1-2 more, if that.

    How come when I wake up & go back to sleep then wake up for the day, AutoSleep still registers me sleeping the entire time? Been sleeping with my Watch on.

    submitted by /u/Tuisdheisj
    [link] [comments]

    Do you sleep with you watches ? (Track sleep)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    Nike or normal

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    Hi guys! I've looking to get an Apple Watch for the past couple of weeks but i still don't know the difference between the Nike Run Club version and the normal one. I could get either of them as they are the same price. So, can someone explain to me what is the difference? Can you also reccomend which one is the best?

    submitted by /u/Stefan-stefan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel