• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    Apple TV The TV page needs 1 huge improvement... A My shows (/movies) list

    Apple TV The TV page needs 1 huge improvement... A My shows (/movies) list


    The TV page needs 1 huge improvement... A My shows (/movies) list

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    And no... I dont mean the library (though I think it could be integrated into the library) or the up next section. I think we're in desperate need for a place to save shows and movies to watch later without putting it in the up next section. The up next section gets way too cluttered and theres virtually no way (that i know of) to find shows you've already watched after you finish them (unless you bought them or search for them). Apple TV+ shows (as the expand their library) are bound to get lost and forgotten without one of these lists. Netflix, Hulu, HBO, every other streaming service separates their continue watching from their "my watchlist" section and I think it's about time apple does this too.

    Like imagine having a watchlist with shows from across services (like up next) so you can save everything in one place without it disappearing on you after you finish the season.

    submitted by /u/holyguaxamole
    [link] [comments]

    Ever since the update.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    I took my time updating my Mac mini to the new operating system because I loved iTunes. I finally did the update and ever since then on my Apple TV 4k items in my library under "computers" load slowly. A lot of times album art won't show, and when trying to open a playlist it is slow to respond. When trying to play a tv episode it is slow to respond, and when I want to watch a movie it buffers a while before starting the movie. None of these things happened before I did the update. Hell, moving from movies to tv the apple TV 4k is a lot slower than it used to be. Again, none of this happened before the update to high Sierra. Makes me miss iTunes.

    Anyone else have this issue, and have you been able to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/chandlrjay
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay Apple TV vs receiver

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    When I airplay music to my Apple TV (which outputs to the receiver) it sounds fine - until I compare by Airplaying directly to the receiver - which is way more clear and defined. The receiver's output settings are the same in both situations

    I feel the Apple TV must be applying some EQ or dynamic loudness adjustments. For example when I play something with a lot of bass, the crossover in my receiver sends most the bass to my subwoofer. When I play it via the Apple TV, most the bass comes out of the other speakers. The only way this can happen is if the low frequencies are increased in pitch so that the crossover redirects them differently.

    Anyone else notice this?

    submitted by /u/KitchenNazi
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how I can share my screen on Apple TV? Streaming services could work too.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I'm trying to play Jackbox with some of my friends, but I only own them on the Apple TV, I was wondering if there was maybe some method to share my screen over a video chat app or something? I'm happy to use a service like twitch for this as well, but I'm unsure how effective it would be

    submitted by /u/WaluigisBulge
    [link] [comments]

    Question: AirPods not showing up under Bluetooth > My Devices for the 2nd AppleID Profile on AppleTV. Is this not possible or am I missing something?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    As most of us know, when you're signed in with your AppleID on an AppleTV, your AirPods if paired to that AppleID, will show up under Settings > Remotes & Devices > Bluetooth > My Devices.

    I am the "Main" AppleID profile under all of the ATVs. The additional/2nd Profile user is signed in and selected, but they can't see their AirPods. It only list my AirPods and AirPod Pros, not theirs. Is this by "design" or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/BiteofAAPL
    [link] [comments]

    Weird issue with Dolby Vision in dark scenes

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Trying to figure out what's causing this. During particularly dark scenes in Dolby Vision content the colors basically go askew and render the picture unwatchable. This only has happened with DV content. I've tried switching hdmi inputs and cables to no avail. The cables test fine in the menus. Not sure what the culprit is. I've tried swapping through all color options as well it only goes away if I turn off match Framerate.

    Thus far Xbox and Roku play the same content just fine.

    ATV and TCL FW up to date. Match Content and Frame Rate on, 4K sdr. 4.2.2 YgYrb color. TCL 75R617 HDMI input tried with auto and 2.0 Screenshot of issue below. (First few seconds of pee wee big holiday on Netflix) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsPtcY-eRvZRhOxjtRBwAevA_ZlDHw

    submitted by /u/HAS1900
    [link] [comments]

    Have any other TV providers been added to the sports section on Apple TV besides AT&T and Spectrum?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    For those that have Hulu or fubo or sling etc I'm curious to see if Apple has finally added any other providers besides att and spectrum to the sports section that can be integrated with their apps. I'm not a fan of either company and would not prefer to use either of them for TV but being able to use this properly is amazing. I've tried using the separate tv apps before and am not a fan because some of them suck and provide a low quality of the stream (cough NBC Sports and TNT/TBS cough)

    Edit: for those interested, I decided to go ahead and answer my own questions. Hulu and Sling do not. Fubo actually does, except for ESPN channels but I'm assuming that's because they just got added so hopefully they get that done down the road. Can't believe Hulu doesn't considering Disney's other app ESPN obviously does. I didn't check YouTube tv but I'm sure I know the answer to that one.

    submitted by /u/alpacapoop
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with NBC Sports App

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I have a verizon account. When I sign into nbc sports app, the only channel that is live is the Olympic channel. I should be getting multiple channels including the golf channel.

    Also, when I try to stream the Mets on sny through the app, it won't allow me.

    Anybody else have problems with the app?

    submitted by /u/artie_bucco
    [link] [comments]

    Shows keep running after I turn it off

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    When I am done watching, I turn off the TV. Next time I turn it on, it invariably shows the incorrect place in the show as if it somehow keeps running in the background. Sometimes it's 5 minutes more, sometimes it's 5 episodes. It does it across all apps. It's annoying me so much. Thoughts about how to fix it? Thanks much.

    submitted by /u/vktsoccer
    [link] [comments]

    Audio settings help

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    On my Apple tv 4k Ive been trying out the different audio options to see what sounds best. Im only using the tv internal speakers and have the tv dolby surround sound setting on.

    So my question is should I output the apple tv to stereo sound for tv speakers? If I leave it on best and don't change I think it may be outputting multi channel as when I change to stereo the volume goes higher at the same level?

    Also should my tv audio setting be on bitstream or PCM?

    submitted by /u/JBxBHX
    [link] [comments]

    use apple tv 4 without remote?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    I have an apple tv and while I like it I really find the remote gets in the way as often as not. ie, picking up the remote and scrubbing through youtube video im watching. So I understand apple is very good about using 3rd party control. Is there any way to keep audio dictation without keeping the apple tv remote around? I use a ps3 eye camera as a mic for my shield and it works fine.

    submitted by /u/Jenings
    [link] [comments]

    Family Sharing purchase not showing up?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    So I purchased Chrono Trigger on my ipad. I have family sharing with my wife. Our AppleTV is signed in as her. However, when I go to the store page it still shows the price and prompts me to buy it if I click on it. I can go to my purchases and click on it, but it then takes me back to the store page. It's supposed to be a universal purchase across all ios devices. Has anyone run into this and have any idea how to address it?

    submitted by /u/notickeynoworky
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV sound problems

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Sometime last year the sound on our Apple TV started randomly cutting out. The only way to get sound back was to turn off and on the tv. We got a new tv for Christmas and the sound problems stopped for a while. Just recently, we have started having the same problems again. The sound stops working every time you switch between apps or play a new show. We have to turn the tv off and on to fix it. It is especially annoying when I have to go fix the sound for my kids every 15 minutes when they change shows. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Mason52015
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV and iPhone Apps

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    I recently bought an AppleTV HD 32gb and an iPhone 11 Pro Max. This is my second iPhone since the 3GS (I have had Android in between that time) so I'm basically new again to the iOS system.

    Every time I download an app on the AppleTV, it automatically puts it on my iPhone. I don't want those apps on my iPhone. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking that I can turn this feature off?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MidnightBlue43
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes screen saver (album covers) never updates?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    This is for an old Apple TV 3 in my basement. I know the connection to my PC/iTunes library is fine since I browse the library and stream music from it all the time. However the album covers that show up in the screen saver seem to be "locked" to a point in time from about five years ago. I've added literally hundreds of albums to my iTunes library since them, but new covers never show up in the screen saver. Is there any way to force the album screen saver to refresh?

    So far I've tried - switching to a different iTunes library and switching back, changing screen savers and changing back, resetting the ATV to factory settings, restarting the computer, connecting the ATV to a different network, connecting the ATV to a different router.

    If I were to guess, I'd figure there must be some obscure file/folder related to iTunes on the PC that governs the images available for the ATV screen saver. But I wouldn't want to go messing with that recklessly. I've experience major problems in the past from messing with iTunes libary/system/database files.

    If anyone's got any insight I'd love to hear it, thanks!

    submitted by /u/BustaUppa
    [link] [comments]

    Peacock not switching to SDR

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    I got an HDR capable tv this weekend so I'm still learning everything but...

    I have my Apple TV set to the Dolby vision 4K 60fps setting but also to match frame rate and SDR/hdr content (I'm forgetting exactly what that setting is called at the moment). This has worked beautifully on all services so far. Dolby vision comes on when there is Dolby vision to be played, hdr10 when it's hdr10, SDR when it's SDR etc. Except with peacock. Peacock tries to play everything in Dolby vision and I can only shut it off by changing my input mode to SDR 4K. I know that some people have said you should keep it on that with the content matching options turned on. Problem I ran into with that is it actually keeps switching my input to hdr 4K and then won't display Dolby vision and still tries to make peacock content hdr10. This isn't the end of the world as it's only one service out of many but it is a minor inconvenience. Does this happen for anyone else and do you know of a fix?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/travg247
    [link] [comments]

    4K videos playing in HD again

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Anyone else having an issue with 4K videos playing in HD? my copy of Dr Strangelove is meant to be 4K with Dolby vision but it's playing somewhere around 1080p. This happened before with a few movies, but it sorta fixed itself after a month or so. Now it seems like it's back again.

    submitted by /u/pa2k94
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV Remote changes volume on Windows 10 machine

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    I have an AppleTV 4K connected to my Sony TV with a sound bar attached to it which all works fine however this morning I noticed something I'd not seen before. My girlfriend was watching something while I was working on my PC and when she adjusted the volume using the AppleTV remote the PC volume also changed. I don't really see this as a problem but I was just confused as to how this routed through to my PC which is obviously on the same network as the AppleTV. Really odd.

    submitted by /u/kemide22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel