• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Apple TV Gifted ATV but no TV+

    Apple TV Gifted ATV but no TV+


    Gifted ATV but no TV+

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    I bought my ex-wife an ATV using my Apple ID. I set it up for her using her Apple ID but she did not get the free year of ATV+. Why? Is there a way for her to get it? Has that program expired?

    submitted by /u/Evolved_1
    [link] [comments]

    When using screen mirroring with AirPlay on Apple TV, what role does the Apple TV play?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    Let's say I mirror the screen of my MacBook Air to my TV screen using Apple TV's AirPlay feature. My understanding of what happens in that scenario is that my MacBook Air would be doing the real work (i.e., its processor would be the one churning and heating up to facilitate my perusal of the content I am consuming), and the Apple TV just sort of acts as a conduit from my MacBook Air screen to my TV screen. Is this correct, or does the Apple TV play a more significant role in the process? Does the Apple TV's processor, for instance, do significant work on the data/material which I am mirroring from my MacBook Air's screen to my TV's screen? I'm just really curious about this and would love to know more about exactly how it all works. Thank you a lot.

    submitted by /u/TroodonRoar
    [link] [comments]

    Will an old Apple TV work if I just need airplay.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have an iPad running iOS 13 and an iPhone on iOS 12. For media in my tv I use Kodi. But I would like to be able to airplay videos from my devices.

    So, I was looking to buy a cheep used Apple TV. But is there a difference in the airplay protocols? I assume the older models don't get updates anymore.?

    I found a model a1469 (3rd gen I think) on sale near me. Would that work if I just need airplay?

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/deltini
    [link] [comments]

    No HDR on prime video

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    Is this likely to be a bug or just amazon cutting features for apple tv users ?

    submitted by /u/JBxBHX
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Apple Care

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    My mom bought me the Apple TV HD 32gb yesterday thru Amazon and I received it today. I got it all set up and I assumed it would ask if I wanted to purchase the Apple Care like when I set up my new iPhone 11 Pro Max in May which I did purchase the Care+. She did purchase the warranty but that's thru Amazon. Is there a way that I can purchase Apple Care for Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/MidnightBlue43
    [link] [comments]

    MLB.tv app on ATV$K

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    I am unable to skip forward during games OR commercials watching the MLB app and using the Apple remote. I can skip back 10 seconds, but not forward. This is driving me nuts (a short trip, as my wife would say).

    Is anybody having similar issues?

    submitted by /u/Elgibby1
    [link] [comments]

    Weather apps

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Why are there no radar weather apps for Apple TV? It seems like the most obvious app to make - I'd leave it on all day.

    submitted by /u/mlhender
    [link] [comments]

    ATV Siri remote volume control idiosyncrasy

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    My Sony Bravia remote adjusts volume in one digit increments. The DirecTV does it in two. ATV steps it up or down in multiples of four e.g., 18 to 22; 44 to 40

    submitted by /u/dnadosanddonts
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel