• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Apple Macbook What are these black horizontal bars at the top of my screen?

    Apple Macbook What are these black horizontal bars at the top of my screen?


    What are these black horizontal bars at the top of my screen?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Just want to share my new skin. Looks quite nice and fit well.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    Why do Macbook cameras still suck?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    If Apple can have high-quality cameras on their iPhones, what's stopping them from installing those same cameras on their MacBooks?

    submitted by /u/overbakedbakedpotato
    [link] [comments]

    should i get a case to protect a mbp?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I just bought a 13" 2020 pro and i was wondering what i should get for protection? i'm worried most about accidental drops and the screen cracking. any advice and recommendations (what to get/ where to look) would be great!

    submitted by /u/turnipsm
    [link] [comments]

    How do I take a screenshot on my macbook while using a windows keyboard?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    My macbook keyboard isnt working so im temporarily using a windows keyboard. How do i take a ss?

    submitted by /u/goldengalapagos
    [link] [comments]

    Apple To Release Macbook with Apple Silicon..The Cheapest MacBook Ever...

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Help Choosing a MacBook for college

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    As stated above I'm having trouble choosing a MacBook for college. I'm not taking to many computer reliant classes(Besides note taking for all of them), but I'll need to run Final Cut Pro. I mostly choosing between the 13in and the 16in but i'm not sure what specifications I should get/change. Any Help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/FalloutSpartan117
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use an HDMI Splitter to run two monitors?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    I've been recently thinking of getting a second monitor for my setup but don't know how I should go about connecting both of them (I have a 2018 13 inch MBP). Can I use an HDMI Splitter or what should I use to display each monitor differently from the other?

    submitted by /u/ThatOneNomad
    [link] [comments]

    Help me out choosing a MacBook!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I will soon be a CS Student. I would like to do all the basic operations (like watching videos, writing text) but also compile some code without too many compromises. I'd also really like to open a lot of tabs (mostly from stack overflow). Some unity programming will be appreciated. This will be my very first Apple product and I don't really know how to come out with a decision

    -macbook air 2020 with 16/512gb -macbook pro 2020 with 16gb ram -macbook pro 2020 with 512gb ssd

    submitted by /u/Reekee4414
    [link] [comments]

    External hard drive?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    I have a Mac that I bought back in 2009 2010. There are about 12,000 pictures on it that I would love to get off before it's completely dead. Any recommendations on an external hard drive that I should use?

    submitted by /u/bugzie7
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot backup ssd while having enough space?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    MacBoo Pro 2018 15' Space Bar Issue

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'll keep this short because I'm typing with a broken space key. Had a sticky key issue with the butterfly mechanism, tried to fix it, removed the space key. The silicon lining broke and now the space key won't stay on. I feel there's way to fix it at home but the problem is that I don't know how the butterfly mechanism works and how to effectively put it on. Right now I'm typing without the butterfly mechanism (just the key cap on the button beneath it).

    I know Apple has a program for this, and technically, one of my keys is still sticky, so they are obligated to replace it for free, right? There is no water damage or any other damage. Advice?

    submitted by /u/broozi
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a 2016 15” MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Hi,

    So I am Looking to Buy a MBP and I have 2 options:

    2020 13" Base Model MBP (i5, 8gb, 256gb) For £1100

    Or

    2016 15" Refurbished MBP (i7 2.6ghz, 16gb, 255gb) For £1100

    I just want to know is the 15" Refurbished Model Worth Getting over a Brand New 13" Base Model MBP? I have heard about the Keyboard Problems but want to know if it's really that bad? I know someone with the 15" 2017 MBP and their Keyboard is fine.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SufyaanK
    [link] [comments]

    Should the rumors about lower cost MacBook offerings concern current MacBook owners about the resale value of our devices?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    Hard to ask for $1200 on a one year old MBP (that you purchased for $1400) when a brand new one sells for $1100. Obviously, these are just rumors, but I am curious what this might do to the used MBP marketplace.

    submitted by /u/papadoc55
    [link] [comments]

    Can my computer handle an OS update?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    I'm on a 2016 13" MacBook Pro, refurbished and purchased in 2017. I'm still running Sierra, 10.12.6. My computer is starting to get kind of slow, and Safari in particular keeps crashing. However, I'm not sure if my computer would be able to run the latest OS. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Kelpie-Cat
    [link] [comments]

    Should I return my base 2020 MBP and wait for the new Arm Mac

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    If it can run the iPhone and iPad games then its basically a Mac and iPad in one.

    submitted by /u/JCOLE6969
    [link] [comments]

    Does 2020 base model macbook air have any issue?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hello, just like the title i am asking.

    i know it's sound not right because each people may have a different way of handling things and i used to not worry about this thing, until 2017 i got macbook pro 13" 2017 with i5 256gb ssd and 8gb ram.

    And i have experienced 2 time flexgate from 2017 til today. And also my battery is already at 68% (it says i need to repair it). And also most of the time my macbook is running hot.

    my daily usage is consist of using:

    1. whatsapp app
    2. telegram app
    3. spark email
    4. spotify app
    5. safari with 3-4 tabs
    6. extended monitor (to my old monitor that only have maximum 1366x768 resolution and still using vga)
    7. visual studio code (i am web developer)

    sometimes i am running photoshop and illustrator.

    and also just today my one of my keyboard keys (K) feels weird but still can be used.

    so i am now kinda freak out because i never expect the laptop at this price to have this very severe problem, my cheap old lenovo is still working fine

    and now i am thinking to sell my current macbook pro to get macbook air 2020 instead since the battery is need repair, the screen is experiencing the 2nd flexgate and keyboard starting to broke.

    so how is macbook air? is there any big problem like macbook pro?

    submitted by /u/t0n1zz
    [link] [comments]

    MBP pretty hot, can it damage it ?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Hey guys, it's been 3 years that I have my MBP 13" 2017, and as I am a student, I'm using it on a daily basis.

    Basically my MBP is hot and I'm afraid it might damage it.

    Usually I don't have a fan or heating problem, but nowadays I use it like 11 hours a day since late June because I'm studying to pass the Bar exam. I have to keep this rate until September, and I'm afraid I'm damaging my MBP because he is hot, and the fan doesn't work on their own, I had to install a software (Macs fan control) to manually increase the speed.

    The mac isn't burning but having my hands a long time on it can cause a minor pain, but what's bothering me is if I'm doing permanent damages to my MBP, or worse, that it overheat or something between now and my exam and become unusable.

    I can't really afford to lose a day or three by giving it to Genius Bar for a clean-up but I'm planning on doing it as soon as my exam is over. Can I wait another month or should I do something until then ?

    Thanks for reading !

    submitted by /u/LYBeam_
    [link] [comments]

    Low Power Mode for Mac laptops: making the case again

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Apple To Release The Cheapest MacBook Ever…And Other Small Business Tech News

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    Macbook pro 13.3 base model?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    i am developing an app on my iMac 2017 but i am looking for a laptop to do this wherever i am.

    i will be using xcode and adobe programs.

    is the base model good enough for this kind of work?

    submitted by /u/LegenDaryUndead
    [link] [comments]

    How can I use 2 monitors as an Extended display on my Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    I recently got the 16 inch Macbook Pro and I was wondering if I could connect it to 2 monitors (with hdmi ports) through one thunderbolt port.

    I tried searching online and I could only find a setup with only 1 monitor.

    Could you tell me how? And what cables should I use?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Lxlith_s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel