• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Apple Help How do I get rid of this annoying popup ? I’ve tried adding my number to iTunes but still shows up

    Apple Help How do I get rid of this annoying popup ? I’ve tried adding my number to iTunes but still shows up


    How do I get rid of this annoying popup ? I’ve tried adding my number to iTunes but still shows up

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Airplay doesn’t work and and just flashes on and off when enabled

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    I've tried connecting my Apple TV 4K to 5ghz or connecting to Ethernet but I can never get it to work. When I enable airplay it just flashes on and off constantly. Some info:

    Router: Netgear r6400v2 Modem: Surfboard SB6183 I have Xfinity Blast 300 Mbps/10 Mbps

    I've tried streaming off of sites but it never works, but if I download the video it works so I'm wondering if it's a problem with my connection. Any help would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/ShootingGlocks
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook giving red screen. Model: 2015 Macbook Pro 13" Software: Mac OS 10.15.6

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    IPhone 6s is on version 13.3.1 and some photos disappeared or got deleted

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    my iCloud is full and hasn't been backed up in months lol. would updating fix my issue?

    submitted by /u/BoostedNewb
    [link] [comments]

    How to make PDFs open in the browser instead of downloading?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 2015 btw

    So my computer used to open PDFs in the browser normally but then one day (I'm pretty sure I was doing something I normally don't do btw but I can't remember what, I believe it was a proctor software or something) all of sudden every PDF would download which is annoying as I'd rather just have it in a new tab for ease of access and I don't want to download everything and take up space. I use chrome and I already tried toggling the switch in the settings that says open pdf files in browser (it was already set to do that in the first place so my educated guess is the issue is stemming from another program/hardware). It may be due to the various proctor services I had to download because of Covid for college, a lot of them mess with my settings but idk where to go to change it, assuming that's even the issue.

    submitted by /u/djhasad47
    [link] [comments]

    Updated 2013 iMac to Catalina and now it's too slow to use

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Tried helping a family member with their computer as they were trying to transfer their old music library (from external hd) to their iMac, iTunes required an update in order to be compatible.

     

    The update went smooth but now the computer is running unbearably slow - it's practically unusable. I tried diagnosing the problem by checking processes in Activity Monitor and there were a few processes taking up a lot of CPU but they would only be at the top of the list briefly before going back to normal.

     

    Any ideas? This is their work machine so they need it back functional ASAP.

     

    edit: Forgot to mention - it was running perfectly fine before the update. Specs are not great given it's a 2013 base model iMac, but it gets the job done for their purposes. 8gb RAM, 2.7 ghz i5, 1tb HDD.

    submitted by /u/i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to pick up using a MacBook coming from a PC?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    So I'm getting my very first MacBook (air) soon coming from many years on using PCs, I was just wondering if there's anything I should know while transitioning to this new kind of OS? I know they are pretty different platforms and just wondered if there's anything that could help me pick things up and get used to it a little quicker? Or any tips? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/abrumm94
    [link] [comments]

    Face ID and camera not working

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Recently my Face ID suddenly stopped working and hasn't turned back on since so to try and fix it I tried many things such as a soft reset and resetting setting etc. But I noticed every time I turned my phone fully off and then back on my camera would stop working for about 30-60 minutes and then suddenly come back on. Was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. All the while my Face ID is fully not functional

    submitted by /u/Thomasjb1
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot click-drag scroll bar in large PDFs consistently

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Title says it all. Why can I not drag and scroll large PDFs? Why is this not intuitive? The UI designers responsible for this are utterly incompetent and I'm hoping that there's a very simple fix.

    submitted by /u/animalhausss
    [link] [comments]

    Which iMac for live music performance

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    I've recently bought an iMac: 21.5inch, 3.6GHz quad-core i3 processor, with 8GB RAM and I have an opportunity to upgrade to: 21.5inch, 3.0GHz 6-core i5 processor, with 8GB RAM.

    I'll be using the Mac for music production (Logic Pro X) and live performance (Mainstage 3) and have no idea what technical requirements that brings. I may perform with up to 4 MIDI controllers and an audio interface.

    I'm trying to decide between the two models, as well as if it is worth upgrading to 16GB RAM (on either model). Just unsure how important RAM is, how important the processor is, how important turbo boost is, given my requirements.

    In seeking advice from friends, I keep getting confusing metaphors like "think of processors like lanes on a highway"... Honestly I'd just like someone to vaguely understand my requirements, and make a direct recommendation of model. My main concerns are minimising latency and lag, and definitely avoiding crashes.

    Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/melb-born
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS cursor flickering when hovering links

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    This is the problem, recorded with my iPhone.

    When recording the screen with macOS screen capture software the bug is not caught on the video but it still happens.

    I'm on 16-inch 2019 mbp running Catalina 10.15.5

    Worst part is that the flickering isn't limited to safari/chrome but it also happens in discord, slack, vscode etc.
    Any ideas what might cause this? I already tried to reset the NVRAM/PRAM but that didn't help.

    submitted by /u/repyan
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone XS keeps giving shocks

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Hello! I bought an iPhone XS in mid January this year and it's been great since then until now. I, for some odd reason, I have a habit of touching the back camera against my top lip whilst charging. The other day I was sat in my kitchen charging my phone and I received a continuous static shock to my lip. I tried plugging my phone into other charging ports round the house and all of the ones in the kitchen did the same thing as well as most of them upstairs. I tried taking my phone case off (softish plastic) and the issue wasn't there anymore, I tried with a different case and the shock was back again) I was wondering if this was a common issue or if I needed to take my phone into Apple (I'm still under warranty) and if I could get it replaced if it's a hardware fault. Any opinions will be gladly reviewed. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Salty_See
    [link] [comments]

    Guys i’ve got a crazy problem with my iPhone.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    So the battery almost seemed like dying since past few weeks where it started turning off successively at higher battery percentages. It hit the 90% mark this week. But i just tried to use the phone with around 40-70% charge after it went off at 90 and started charging again. Now for some reason its working! I've been using the phone with around 71% charge since morning and still it hasn't turned off. Yesterday i used it from 40-5% and then charged till 60 to test it. No probs.

    To be safe i actually bought a 3rd party battery as no Apple Store is open here nor would any online retailer deliver here too. There was a store couple of miles away from my house where they replace iPhone batter. They're giving a 6 month warranty too.

    So what should i do? Should i replace the battery or stick with the current one? The battery condition was so bad fee days back that i was sure i'm gonna get ut replaced.

    Anyways my phone is an iPhone 6s Plus (2017 Model). Battery shows 85% Health with no problems listed. And iBackupBot says i've crossed 652 charge cycles. Design Capacity is 2725 and Total Charge Capacity is showing 100.

    submitted by /u/Tz_Lanthan
    [link] [comments]

    My grandpa's iPad mini 2 has these red lines that rapidly move when you turn on or off the device. Once it is turned on it works fine. Any ideas on a fix?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    How do I set up mouse and keyboard better on bootcamp?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Hey all!

    Trying to set up the trackpad (if possible) and the keyboard for windows bootcamp on my Mac.

    I've already tried on the bootcamp control panel but for example when I try click ctrl and try drag something to select it just zooms in instead of highlighting.

    Do have an external mouse and keyboard but the majority of the time I have the laptop on my lap.

    submitted by /u/coreylewis22
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone 5c don't sound anyone knows why or how to fix it?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    Broken screen on 16inch MBP - how to wipe the drive?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    I have a 16 inch MBP and the screen broke. I don't have applecare and the quoted repair price is not worth it to me. I'm going to just sell it as-is.

    I can login to the OS with an external monitor and sign out of my account turn off find my mac. But I need to somehow wipe the installation and don't know how to do so from within the OS.

    Neither internet recovery or recovery mode show up on my external display. Is there any way I can somehow wipe the drive from within the OS?

    submitted by /u/smartimp98
    [link] [comments]

    Having huge issues with safari on brand new MacBook Air

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Brand new MacBook 2020, quite a few times Safari, loads up double or triple (same) web pages, which causes my otherwise happy machine to cause to a crawl and be otherwise useless. Has anyone else had this issue?

    submitted by /u/Leonard-the-writer
    [link] [comments]

    Experience with OWC Customer Support?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    I consider OWC to be good guys/gals but recently I had them send a clearly wrong item to me. So I want to return but their "live chat" seems to have an infinite long hold.

    What should I do? Curious to learn about your experience with OWC as well.

    submitted by /u/FarTime
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook beeping every 6-8 seconds and won't turn on... Model: Macbook Pro 13" 2012

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Hello! I have an old Macbook from 2012 that recently started beeping when trying to turn it on and won't even turn on in the first place. It had been running fine just a few days before. After a bit of research, I found out it must be the RAM. So I tried re-seating it, taking it in and out. Nothing worked. I even ordered new RAM but it still beeped. I've had suspicions about the battery for a while so out of curiosity, I replaced it... still didn't work. At this point, I'm assuming that there's something wrong with the motherboard or other components. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? It beeps about every 6-8 seconds as mentioned in the title. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bunzip2
    [link] [comments]

    How do get rid of the thing on the left btw am on ipad

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Touchbar 13" MacBook Pro showing no signs of life. Fixable?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    My buddy recently gave me a goodie bag of tech that he had sitting around his house accumulating dust. One of the things I got was a 13" MacBook Pro w/ TouchBar (A1706), but it does not seem to want to take a charge. He mentioned taking it to the Apple Store a while back and being uninterested in the price they quoted him to fix it. I don't know exactly what they said the issue was, though. The only charger I have tried to connect it to is the one that came with my housemate's new 16" MBP. I have tried the SMC reset procedure and a couple other things like that. Is this something I can fix (without buying a new logicboard)?

    Also included in the bag of unused electronics were two other non-working laptops and a Samsung Galaxy Watch. There is an older 15" MacBook Pro that I haven't tried to do anything with yet because I do not have a MagSafe 2 charger. Also a Dell XPS 15. I'm not normally a Dell fan, but it is a beast. Dell's MacBook Pro competitor. I just had to take the m.2 SSD out, format it on a different computer, mess with a bunch of BIOS settings, and reinstall Windows. I am a huge fan of this Galaxy Watch.

    submitted by /u/statuefour
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on the loading bar for 1 hour+ after restarting to allow printer installation.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Help w/ iPad Reset without Apple ID Password

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    A few months ago I bought a brand new iPad 7 from the Apple Store for a significant other. We recently broke up and are not on speaking terms, I'm looking to reset the iPad but it won't let me because I don't know their Apple ID password and I know that they won't give it to me. The iPad is pretty useless to me right now seeing that it is locked. What options do I have to reset it? Would the Apple Store be willing to do a factory reset if I show them that I purchased the iPad with the receipt? Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/lilacjv
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel