• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    Apple Help Dropped MacBook Pro laptop with Type C thunderbolt charger. Still charges if I bend it a little. Is there any way to fix it?

    Apple Help Dropped MacBook Pro laptop with Type C thunderbolt charger. Still charges if I bend it a little. Is there any way to fix it?


    Dropped MacBook Pro laptop with Type C thunderbolt charger. Still charges if I bend it a little. Is there any way to fix it?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    Trying to get Target Disk Mode to Work

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    I have a 27 inch 2012 iMac with the Nvidia 680MX GPU and I am trying to get it to work in target display mode with my 2019 16 inch MacBook Pro. I bought the Apple thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter and am using that with a thunderbolt cable (with the mini display port physical connector) but pressing command F2 isn't working. Do I need to buy this StarTech adapter instead to make this work? https://www.startech.com/Cables/thunderbolt-3-cables/thunderbolt-3-usb-c-thunderbolt-adapter~TBT3TBTADAP

    submitted by /u/dragoon2745
    [link] [comments]

    Please Help!! IMAC PRO not recognizing harddrives

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    As of today, my imac pro is not booting up, it is not even recognizing the harddrives when I try to repair them. Does anybody know what may be going on, I am pretty sure its a hardware issue but does anyone know if it can be fixed?? Any help would be appreciated, I've already tried repairing and installing new OSX but can since the SSD's aren't even recognized :(

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/cuebabies
    [link] [comments]

    Another Person with an "Other Files" Problem on Their iPhone...

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Hey friends. I have a 32Gb iPhone 7-Plus. Right now, 18 of those 32Gb are allegedly occupied by Other files and it's becoming a huge problem. I've tried deleting apps and reinstalling them to clear their caches, I've tried syncing multiple times to get iTunes and the phone to display the same storage bars... I even installed iMyFone data manager to scan for the dead weight. It couldn't find any of the 18Gb of wasted space.

    Something feels wrong and I'm hopeful that some experts here might have a simpler solution than doing a full reset and restoration... I've read that this will do the trick, but I'm scared of doing it incorrectly and losing my data. Please help.

    If any of you wonderful people even have some tips regarding how to avoid filling up so much damn Other space, please share. Thank you for any and all replies.

    submitted by /u/AndrewTheConlanger
    [link] [comments]

    One of my Apple notes password that has been backed up to iCloud has changed

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Apple Notes Password

    I updated from iOS 13 to the iOS 14 beta 3 and one of the passwords for just one of my notes seems to have changed even though the password for all of them was the same. This one note doesn't give me the prompt to use Face ID either. The note was really important and any help will be deeply appreciated

    submitted by /u/mihir-melinkeri
    [link] [comments]

    2012 Macbook Pro Unibody 15" stuck in bootloop.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    I was trying to update my macbook from Yosemite to the latest OS but while installing I got a error with a long log. Every time I tried to restart or shut off and start my macbook it would automatically go straight to trying to install the OS again.

    So I went into recovery mode, tried to repair my HDD it failed and since then I've been stuck in a boot loop. I'll start the macbook and it would shut off 1/4 into the progress bar. I have to manually start the macbook again. I'm still able to go into recovery mode though, I tried repairing the HDD again and it "worked" but it's still shutting off during the progress bar.

    I just need photos from the HDD am I screwed here? I don't have any backups.

    submitted by /u/jyoocp
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad Stuck in Recovery Loop (Please Help)

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    So I woke up this morning and my iPad 6 was stuck on the evil black screen - not off, just on with a screen that's completely black. I did the usual force resets/force restarts, managed to bring up the apple logo on a white background for a half second, and then things went right back to black.

    From there (and over the past several hours) I've tried to restore the damn thing through iTunes at least two dozen times - I've gotten a bit farther than where I was this morning; the ipad can now "Extract Files" and "Prepare iPad for Restore" but, inevitably, everytime it tries to "Verify iPad Restore with iTunes" it will crash after about five minutes and ill get error code 6. (Occasionally, in the beginning, it was 410).

    I am at my wits end and do not know what to do. Any help would be appreciated - do I need to download and pay for one of those programs like Reiboot? Is my iPad bricked? I desperately need it for work and really don't wanna deal with sending it in, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

    My computer is Windows 10; I've tried restoring with both the Windows Store version of iTunes and the desktop download - both fail at error code 6. I've tried using a Mac but, admittedly, I know very little about their usage - when I tried restoring with a computer running the latest version of Catalina I got error code 9 (and it didn't have itunes to begin with, which ... confused me, lol).

    I am desperate and really don't want to have to send this in - if anyone has any tips or tricks (even if they involve spending money on a third party program) I am desperate enough to try.

    EDIT - Through some miracle, I got my ipad to load. For six seconds. Before it flashed to white, the apple screen popped up, and, after the progress bar went all the way to 100, shit went right back where it started and I'm still stuck in a recovery loop.

    submitted by /u/aSteakPanini
    [link] [comments]

    Fast charging differences between lightning vs USB-C

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Hi, is charging an iPhone with a 12w adaptor considered fast charging even if you use the standard lightning to usb? It faster than 5w but just slower slower than the options with usb c? Also is it ok to use the standard lighting adaptor with a 12w plug? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Will2tle
    [link] [comments]

    How to move audio library and keep playlist functional?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    I have a very specific problem. When I bought my laptop, it was partitioned with two drives (Windows C: and Data D:). I have a folder where I keep ALAC files on D:, and I added them to iTunes. D: is running out of space, but C: has plenty of space, so naturally I would like to move my music folder to the C: drive. But it isn't that easy.

    If I were to do this, all the paths to my songs would be incorrect, and I would need to re-add the music, making my 907 song playlist invalid. I would rather not have to recreate that playlist.

    If anyone know of a way to solve this problem, please help!

    submitted by /u/Logratic
    [link] [comments]

    Help with encrypted backup using PhoneRescue

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    Do you know if it's possible to recover an encrypted backup that i dont remember the password using paid version of PhoneRescue?

    submitted by /u/epih_
    [link] [comments]

    Help with new Mac Mini turning itself off?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I have a Mac Mini that was purchased earlier this year, it's the i7/1tb/32gb model (the RAM is Corsair 2x16gb Ram I installed myself).

    I use this computer for work daily and everyday or two it just randomly shuts down (immediate black screen and no power). I've done tests on the Ram (even overnight tests) with no errors, I have no crash reports. I've even pulled it apart and reseated the Ram (you have to pull almost everything apart for this).

    I'm not sure what else to try? I would take it to a Genius Bar but they're all closed near me at the moment due to COVID. I'm assuming theres an issue with the hardware somewhere though I thought I would ask here in case anyone else has something to try?

    submitted by /u/alchemyy
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 11 flash too bright

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    I upgraded from iphone 7 to iphone 11, whose camera is supposed to be far better. Unfortunately, the flash seems to be too bright, it makes the hole picture "white" instead of just brightening up the main focus. For example, if I take a picture of someone at night in the dark, I expect to have them light up by the flash, but to have a black surrounding. With Iphone 11, everything turns white, there's no contrast. It is what it is or does it have a solution?

    submitted by /u/CogitoErgoSum101
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Start Up Delay, Please Help!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, currently having an issue with my MacBook Pro Reina Mid 2014 15inch. Recently installed a 2TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe. Now whenever I power on, it either chimes twice then Apple logo finally appears or there's black screen for about 30 seconds till the Apple logo appears. Any advice/solutions?

    Greatly appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/biggavell718
    [link] [comments]

    Is a MacBook Pro 2015 with an i7 and 16GB of RAM good enough for light video editing?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Basically the title. It's going for $900 Australian, although I can probably bargain down. I switched to using a Mac as my desktop and now I'm looking to switch to a Mac laptop too. Any thoughts, or things I should look out for? It's got a 4770HQ, 16GB RAM, 1.5GB VRAM, and a 256GB SSD. I mostly edit Pro Res in Premiere Pro but also have final cut. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HumerousGorgon8
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud for Windows stuck downloading one photo, never progresses?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    I installed iCloud for Windows over a week ago so I can get a backup of all my photos and cancel my iCloud storage. I set all the photos in the iCloud folder to "Keep On My Device" so they would start downloading, however it's barely made any progress. The photos appear to be downloaded chronologically, so I took note of which photo it was on last night and then left my computer on overnight. I came back and it was still on the same photo. Wtf do I need to do to get this un-stuck or go faster? If I open one random photo to force it to download it, it also downloads the photo to the left and right of it chronologically. I don't get it. Is it downloading all 30k photos at once in tiny parts or one photo at a time?

    submitted by /u/makldiz
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook has weird default user.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I just bought a brand new MacBook and it had a user that was pre-installed. The user was called "it" and had a photo of a clown, pretty scary if you ask me... is this a standard Apple user used for testing or something else?

    Note, I bought the Mac directly from Apple online.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/puresteezecouple
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a secondary apple id

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Hello! Im trying to create a second id for all my business emails but i am unsure if logging out of one would delete the account.

    submitted by /u/neewmemesonly
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8: *28gb* of 'Other' storage!! How to remove?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    I have offloaded all unnecessary apps and cleared Safari history but still this is a problem. It is possible the phone is 'corrupted' because it's been dropped a bit and there are some sporadic loading issues, but strong otherwise.

    I've googled and the same solutions are offered in many places; not too helpful. Last resort is a backup and factory restore - would not like to do that. Your help needed!

    submitted by /u/quick_advert
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air; Vertical colored lines down screen.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have a 2017 MacBook Air 13" screen. A while ago it started displaying light blue and other colored lines down the screen. Display on the laptop is unusable due to this. However, when plugged into an external monitor it displayed but will only boot to the "change password/reset password page. I initially thought the screen needed replacing but since it won't boot to anything else besides this change password page I'm thinking it might be other some other hardware issue. I'm decent with computers built a few PCs but Mac is pretty foreign to me and I know apple charges astronomical prices for repairs. Anyone had this happen or know any troubleshooting methods. I'll see if I can post a pic below in the thread if not I can pm pics if you have ideas. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tazzzuu
    [link] [comments]

    I have been unable to manage my iCloud storage for 8 months now. Apple support has been unable to help me. I have tried to restart, sign in/out iCloud account, also signed out of all devices. Updated to current iOS as well.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Follow up post to my windows 10 installation problem

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    My Sister Lost 7k Photos to iCloud

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Hi all, my sister is extremely sad and stressed out as she lost most of her photo library in transferring her accounts to her new computer. Up until we signed out of iCloud on her old computer (2012 or 2013 Macbook Pro 13) and signed in on her new one (2015 Macbook Pro 15), we had all of her photos. But for some reason, since she had previously used iCloud Drive to store photos, but switched to storing them locally. When we signed out of her iCloud account on that computer and signed in from her new computer (we didn't do anything else) all the folders from her photos were there but no actual pictures. It would show several empty folders. We don't know if they're completely gone, but she is devastated since they spanned back all the way to her childhood. Thanks

    TL;DR: My sister signed out of iCloud on her old computer and signed in on her new one, and she lost 7,000 of the 10,000 pictures she had stored locally. We believe this is due to iCloud, but we don't know for sure, and have no idea how to bring them back. Any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/universechutney
    [link] [comments]

    Lost my downloaded music in music plus

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    I just switched from beta 14 back to 13.4 on my iPhone 7. Had to do a hard wipe and start as new phone I have my account and all the music is still In my library but to redownload it I have to click on every single song I have and it's a lot. Is there not a way to do it all at once?

    submitted by /u/10guymichael
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to the Apple text support?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Did they end this line do support? I can't seem to find it.

    submitted by /u/Manuels1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel