• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    iPhone is it unnecessary to backup app data from apps such as reddit and instagram on icloud?

    iPhone is it unnecessary to backup app data from apps such as reddit and instagram on icloud?


    is it unnecessary to backup app data from apps such as reddit and instagram on icloud?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/IPJfT6r

    why are apps such as reddit and instagram backed up on icloud? i need to make some more space, is it a good idea to remove those backups?

    submitted by /u/not_circumventing
    [link] [comments]

    How to reset Iphone

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    Hello guys,

    my father passed away in January and he had an Iphone. We don't have access to his codes and password to unlock the phone. We don't mind getting access to his files, we just want to use the phone again (after a reset or so).

    Is there a way to do this?

    For his Ipad they told us we have to have a code that was on the receipt, but since it was a present we have nothing like this neither for the Iphone nor the Ipad.

    Does anyone know what happens in this case? Or how are we able to use it again?

    Thank you in advance. Have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/Illefen
    [link] [comments]

    Phone charging issues!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    My iPhone 8 plus (iOS 13.2) won't charge properly when power is on or while using it(the battery keeps decreasing or remains the same ) and charges when I shut it down! Help please!

    submitted by /u/DaRkLGlOwNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Insanely loud single beep sound. Please help me

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    First I am currently running iOS 13.5.1 The newest apps I have downloaded are Duolingo and the Taco Bell app

    Problem: Occasionally (this happened last night too), when watching YouTube, at a random part I will just hear a single insanely loud beep. I'm talking fire alarm loud. Now, I have no idea if it is YouTube causing this. I have no idea if an app is causing this. I honestly don't have any other information towards it because it's only happened twice and I have no idea how or why.

    If someone could help me out it would make me so happy, thank you all.

    submitted by /u/SweepOnDatGeetar
    [link] [comments]

    App Limit not working on Apple Watch

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    My wife and I agreed to work on kicking our technology addiction together be setting 1 hour Of downtime each evening, and a total of 3 hours of screen time on non-productive apps during the day. She also has an Apple Watch.

    Her watch recognizes downtime during our 1 hour period of time, but does not limit her when she runs out of screen time for the day.

    Specifically on messages (not always allowed). Once she exceeds her 3 hours limit, she can still text message as much as she want in the watch, even though it's greyed out on the phone, and even though both properly grey out during the 1 hour downtime. It doesn't make any sense.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SportsKin9
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Xr help

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    My Xr battery died and now when plugged in it is not turning on, or charging. I tried to do a hard reset, but it wouldn't work. Any advice would help. I would go to the Apple store, but I'm currently in class.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/samjonsnell
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 camera clicking noise/vibration?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Today after doing erase all content and settings on my iPhone, I realized that if I opened up the camera app and reset it by swiping up to close it, I heard a weird clicking noise and my phone slight vibrated along with the clicking noise. Im not sure if it was the camera lens vibrating or the right side of my iPhone 11. Has anyone else experienced this? It did it for about 3/4 times and then stopped. I factory reset my phone again to check it would do it again and it did but now it's no longer doing it. Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/CommunicationPurple
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with playlists in Apple Music

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    I'm suddenly having issues with playlists inside of Apple Music, I can't delete songs from my playlist and I can't add any either. I've tried deleting the app reinstalling it and I've also rebooted my phone several times along with force closing the app. Are there any fixes for this? I've dug through Settings and I can't seem to find anything that would be causing this issue and it's driving me crazy. Is anybody else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/MrPeterIt
    [link] [comments]

    How to turn on exposure logging

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    My phone won't let me turn on exposure logging even after I downloaded the all the COVID -19 apps

    submitted by /u/Savagecutthroat
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Battery Power Retention.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    My iPhone 6s powers up like normal but the battery doesn't charge more than 17% no matter how long I leave it to charge for.

    It's usually a similar cycle to this: 1. I charge my phone. 2.It'll restart automatically at a random point during the charge and be at 17% (it won't go any higher than this). 3.After it doesn't increase from the 17% mark I'll try to restart it myself and it would just drop to 9%. 4. Repeat cycle.

    The charger I use is a brand new official apple charger which charges other iPhones just fine I have recently had my screen replaced also. Could it be a battery problem or is it something more severe.

    Also are there any easy fixes for a loose home button?

    Thanks to all who help out.

    submitted by /u/mhv976
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use live listen off an airpod?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Like I'm you can leave your phone and hear everything around it from the airpods but can I leave my airpod and hear everything around the airpods from my phone or possibly my other airpod

    submitted by /u/idkhowtousereddit22
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 call/ear speaker low... guessing hardware ?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Guessing it's a hardware issue ? I reset all settings .. turned noise cancellation off .. made sure volume up .. used rubbing alcohol to clean it ...

    It works just really really faint ?

    submitted by /u/pittguy578
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 plus battery replacement

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Is "79% maximum capacity" too low for iPhone 7 plus? It has been used for almost 3 years.According to apple,replacement should be available until Sept. 10,2021,After which it becomes vintage.

    Also,is there any cutoff for maximum capacity after which u would consider the phone unusable?(eg. 60%?Below 50%). I always carry a power bank with me anyway,but only use the power bank for "below 15% battery" scenarios..

    submitted by /u/Old_traveler
    [link] [comments]

    Random app without picture or name stuck on iPhone

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7 iOS 13.3. A few days ago I deleted an app (I don't remember what app) and instead of deleting, the app lost its name and the picture was changed, but the icon remained on the background. The picture changed to a white background with a 4x4 grid, a few concentric circles and a big X through it. I tried deleting the app, which yields no response. Same outcome when trying to open it. I can't find it in my storage settings either. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

    submitted by /u/Takyosabre
    [link] [comments]

    What should I choose?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    I have a budget that seems to totally cover both options and have only a small difference in price, with B being around 70 dollars more (but fast charger is already included). Tax is already included. So should I choose A or B?

    A. iPhone 11 (128GB) + AirPods Pro + Fast Charger + Case

    B. iPhone 11 Pro Max (64GB) + Case

    submitted by /u/twclvr
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone shuts down when I tap the camera

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    iPhone 7 every time I tap camera it shuts down and restarts so I can't take pics. Got significantly slower overall. Can't play background apps like YouTube and Spotify because they shut down the moment I put them on background. Every background app gets automatically restarted so if I'm reading something then switch apps then switch back again, I lose it because it restarts.

    It wasn't like this 3 days ago and I have 70GB so its not a memory issue

    submitted by /u/Gouaxe
    [link] [comments]

    dropped iphone and camera is dead

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    hello! today i dropped my iphone 8 face down onto a hard tiled floor and it made a horrifying noise. luckily, the screen and everything is ok and working fine, but my camera seems to have totally died.

    my rear camera and flashlight both don't work at all. when i open the camera app, all i see is a black screen. weirdly, my front (selfie) camera shows me an image just fine but when i press the button to take a picture, it doesn't get saved to my camera roll.

    i'm very lost on all technical stuff so i'm really confused as to why a drop could cause these issues that seem like software? i understand why my rear camera might not work but i'm confused why my front camera works but is unable to save pictures.

    i'll be going to a third party repair shop to fix the camera but i'm not sure if this problem can be fixed. anyone has any comments or advice on this situation? thanks!

    submitted by /u/satanspebble
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X 13.0 Is there a way to recover previous passwords in the keychain?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    So I was filing for unemployment benefits and let the iPhone create a password for the website a few months ago. Today I was going through the process and towards the end it asked for a pin # so I input one and a prompt came up asking If I wanted to store this pin. I said yes thinking It would store the pin separate from the login. Well turns out it replaced the login password with the pin and now I cant get back in to my unemployment benefits. Can I view the old password? Or if I have an older backup of my iphone will the passwords be stored there or are they stored in iCloud? This really fucking sucks.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_CALF_PICS
    [link] [comments]

    Error 4013 can not restore iPhone 7

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    I have this iPhone 7 bought from eBay second hand . It goes into boot loop so I started with getting it restored by connecting it to iTunes and then pressed volume down button and power button together and it started restore process but then it gave me error 4013

    I saw some you tube videos where it says it's hardware issue I need to change my nand memory ic or reflow it ..

    Any experience with this ? Is there anything else I should look for before it open it ??

    submitted by /u/actualnjm
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone backup failed notification

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    How do I disable this? Google says yo turn off iCloud back up. I have had this disabled since I got this phone. I keep it disabled on all my iPhones, my server backs it up when I connect to WiFi. But I'm still getting this error. Anyone have any ideas to permanently disable this notification?

    submitted by /u/linux_head_
    [link] [comments]

    Front facing mic issue (iPhone SE)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    When using camera app or FaceTime calls my mic don't work but on third party apps (snapchat/Twitter etc) it works fine. Is there an easy fix for this? I have iPhone SE about 2 yr old now. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Tomlovesfii
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone from second hand

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    Hello people, So I found an iPhone 11 for a great price however it is from another person. I'm feeling a little bit suspicious because the price is almost too good (850€ for a 256gb version). I'm about to meet that seller another week and I would love to hear your advice about how to check if the phone is completely fine, that means not stolen, warranty, proper function etc. He claims that he's been using the phone for over a month and it's in perfect condition. Is there a way to check it the phone was not stolen? I'm from the EU. Thanks for every advice :) have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/unusuall123
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone in recovery mode, unable to restore

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6S. Lately I'd noticed it had been starting to deteriorate and decided to buy a Samsung instead for some variety. In the set-up process of my new phone, they allowed the option to transfer data from my iphone using the Lightning to USB-C cable. Did that, and the transfer was working well for a while until it stopped. Iphone was malfunctioning a bit (abruptly closing applications that I opened, etc.) so I thought to shut it down and restart it. Something I'd done numerous times before. When I did that, it went into a loop where it would only show me the apple logo (like it would when turning on), but without actually progressing beyond that point.

    I tried the recovery mode, attached it to iTunes. iTunes was up to date, cable was fine, network was fine. Gave me the option to update or restore. Tried updating and it just would not work. Tried different cables, different ports, everything. I really don't want to restore it and lose my data. Is there any way I can extract the data existing in the phone? I don't really mind not getting the functionality of the phone back because I have a new one right now. But, I do want my data extracted. Family photos and stuff. Do you guys have any ideas on how to go about this?

    P.S: I am also a complete numbnut who didn't backup stuff to iTunes or iCloud for quite a long period of time

    submitted by /u/watbulb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel