• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    iPhone Does iMessage use up a lot of battery?

    iPhone Does iMessage use up a lot of battery?


    Does iMessage use up a lot of battery?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    iPhone SE (2020) running on iOS 13.5.1

    I just recently bought an iPhone SE 2 weeks ago and the battery seemed decent for the first 3-4 days but after that, I noticed the phone's battery draining quicker than usual.

    I don't use the phone for anything but iMessage and a phone call here and there. I'm keeping my phone's battery at around 80-40% everyday and charging once a day avg. 20-21 hours of standby time but 2:30 hours of usage roughly. I had been watching reviews prior to my purchase and it seemed like everyone was getting 6 hrs. Avg. of usage with a combination of video/music streaming, web browsing, and gaming from 100-0% battery.

    It made me wonder what I'm doing wrong...

    I know the battery is smaller and I'm okay with that factor and I know I'm not making my phone start the day off with a full charge but the other day I did a full charge but I only got around an extra hour of usage(3:30ish hours) before it reached 40% and roughly 36 hours of standby time.

    Is that normal usage time for the SE's battery? Does frequent iMessage drain it quicker than video streaming, gaming, etc? This is my first iPhone since the 4s so I don't know iPhones well enough and wanna know if this battery drain is normal for the iPhone SE or if I should get a replacement iPhone?

    Any advice or words of comfort would help, please and thank you

    submitted by /u/CinemaKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Other Storage on phone is over 13GB, how can I reduce the size of it to clear up storage?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    iPhone XR, latest update, nearly full storage

    I got a message earlier telling me my iPhone storage was low, so I've been trying to reduce the size of that quite a bit. The other category is the second largest following the apps category. It is over 13GB in size, and no amount of clearing safari and deleting a ton of things off my phone has helped. Is there anything else I can do to reduce its size? I cannot rest my phone as I would lose so many things, but I don't know what else to do now

    submitted by /u/polypolypolydia
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get an Iphone 6 screw size and placement chart?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    I got an Iphone 6 recently that's missing almost every screw that holds the logic board onto the phone (and also the EMI shields and their respective screws.

    Also, is there any way to install a particular software version while restoring it through Itunes?

    submitted by /u/weebmaster32
    [link] [comments]

    Can you turn 5g off?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    My wife has an iPhone X and I have a Samsung. For whatever reason, her phone had been getting worse connections so her internet won't work sometimes when I'm still getting service. Her phone sometimes has the 5g icon pop up and I was wondering if that might be the reason. Maybe it's sometimes trying to use 5g instead of the available 4g. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this or how to disable 5g? Thanks

    submitted by /u/xStang05x
    [link] [comments]

    Phone Call and Messaging Issues

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7+ running iOS 13.5.1, located in the US, have had the phone for maybe 4 years? Who knows. I noticed just two days ago that I suddenly stopped receiving notifications for all texts coming from the Messages app, but every other app continues to notify me. Yes my notifications for that app are turned on. As far as I know, I haven't missed any text messages, just the notification for them. That's not too much of a problem though, what is a problem is that I noticed today that whenever I get a call, the other end can't hear me, and I can't hear them. I've tried to call and get calls from multiple different people; we each always hear nothing. The option to put the phone on speaker is unavailable as well. So, if even if there was sound, I couldn't put my phone on speaker if I wanted to.

    Is there some super easy fix to this and I'm being stupid, or is it time to get a new phone? I'm not sure what other information would be helpful, please let me know!

    submitted by /u/kahligahuh
    [link] [comments]

    Phone started to get really slow then all of a sudden it keeps force closing apps even while in the background

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6s running 13.2.3 Im in the U.K.

    It's been fine for a while and with the obvious battery issues. Then last night it got quite hot to the touch and wouldn't load any app what so ever. Videos would lag to the extreme.

    I have to force close my phone in order to use anything. Apps open like brand new once they're in the background.

    Spellcheck not working, battery vanishing by 20% randomly, wrong time here and there.

    Tried to delete apps on my phone to free up space to try and update but they kept coming back until I forced restarted my phone (hold home and power at the same time)

    Is it completely dead or a virus I can't find?

    submitted by /u/Gorrila_Doldos
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone charges with one charger, but won’t with another

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Whenever I try to charge my iPhone 8 with one of my chargers, it says "This accessory is not supported" and it doesn't charge, but that same charger will charge my AirPods case. My other charger however, does work with my phone. Any ideas on why?

    submitted by /u/georgeneatherly
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas how to remove Apple ID activation lock?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    No I didn't stole the phone, my dad bought it for my sister from eBay and it had activation lock.

    submitted by /u/bigmamascarpet
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone battery drain

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    I have a problem with my iPhone 11 Pro max. The phone has 100% battery condition on the iOS 13.3.1 software and I noticed that when the phone is charged to these 20-40%, the battery drops often after 2%, i.e. the phone is turned off for a few minutes at 30%. A 4 minutes later it can drop to these 28% and so again in a while. What could it be fault, software or battery, hardware ?? The phone is not somehow tortured by me.📷

    submitted by /u/beczky21
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone can you pls help me solve this

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    Hi guys i really need your help right now

    I own an iphone 8 and recently it started running off of battery really really quick like in the matter oh few minutes it can go from 100% to 20% + the charger is only working when the phone is off.

    So i bought another charger from a random brand and its not working either i mean again its working but just when thevphone is off.

    can you pls help me solve this problem i tried pretty much everything and did a lot of researches but i still have no clue whats happening.

    submitted by /u/Unique_Brain
    [link] [comments]

    Touch id doesn't work after hard reset

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    I tried hard-rebooting my iphone 6s plus due to overheating home button. But since then touch id doesn't work displaying "touch id failed" It doesn't allow me to add fingerprint and also Ipad unlock,itunes and appstores are also disabled. Any solutions?

    submitted by /u/Shamindi
    [link] [comments]

    Left IPhone 7 flashlight on all night while charging. Can this screw up battery life?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    My flashlight was on all night with the charger in and I'm curious if this could mess up the battery life?

    submitted by /u/TalkativeSandwich
    [link] [comments]

    Microphone Locations

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    It's my understanding that each year, there are variances in the locations of the different microphones in out phones.
    I'm looking specifically for the locations of microphones on a 6+ and on an 8. The Gf's 6+ is having a terrible time getting decent audio while Vn's and videos are as clear as day. I'm hoping a simple, gentle alcohol cleaning will at least tell me if it's a bad piece or just dirty.

    submitted by /u/summerskiss
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I try to download any apps, free or not, it says I need to update billing info

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    I've tried to update it, deleted my card then re added it but I have no idea how to fix this and I can't download any apps, anyone know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/UberPutin69
    [link] [comments]

    Are they in poor service or being dishonest?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    I'm in a troublesome trusting situation giving someone a second chance. They said they may be in bad service and not be able to respond. They text back a few times as a text message. My question is, if my imessage delivers instantly, does that mean they for sure received it and they do have service even if they text back as a text message? Is it possible they just can't respond cause of the service?

    Also, their location didn't update for an hour, and now it just says unable to locate. Does that indicate poor service or is it possible they turned it off? Save your opinions of the relationship, I just would like to know if anyone knows these answers.

    submitted by /u/deftthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone is being a bit slow/glitchy so thinking of restoring it as a new phone...

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    My iphone XS Max is starting to be a bit unresponsive and slow. I have been using the same restore/backup on my phone since 2013, every two years when I would get a new iphone I have been porting over the old data into the new iphone.

    I think it's time to start a phone as 'new' for the first time as I understand that could fix the issues I am having. My question is, is it possible to keep my contacts, photos, and message history on a new set up?

    submitted by /u/jg90
    [link] [comments]

    Blue ish screen on wake

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    When I turn on my phone the blacks are more like teal along with the other colors.

    I have an iPhone 11.

    submitted by /u/GoldenAuroraANI
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I recently forgot my iPhone sim passcode and I'm locked out of my phone entirely, idk what to do and everytime I hit the wrong code, my phone gets disabled for a certain amount of time so I'm scared I'll fuck it up permeantlly, I'm using my old Android phone to get by but I'm completely stuck and unsure what to do. If anyone knows anything let me know and I'm pretty inexperienced as I've never had this problem, thanks in advance.

    Edit: got my phone fixed, mixed up pass codes but I'm back up and running, thanks for all the comments ❤️❤️🖤

    submitted by /u/completedarkness203
    [link] [comments]

    Curiosity is killing this cat!!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    Hey everyone how's it going tonight? Hopefully cool. Listen fellow iPhone users, I have an iPhone XR for almost a year now and I've had things happen that seems fishy or me being suspicious of everything by nature, are wreaking havoc on my overactive mind, thinking I'm Sherlock Holmes in a spy movie. Now, I know I'm not that important or from a wealthy family so why on earth would there be any reason to spy on me. So help me please, here are the recent issues of my trippy device, a few ones I've tried to call out and a screen pops up saying "the line you used before is no longer available do I want to use my remaining line (screenshot of notification link in comments) now, I only have one line, so what's up with that, and it sounds like my phone is on a call but it's on speaker phone, but I'm not using it, and when I put it to my ear, and it doesn't even sound or look like it's on, but if I hold just in the palm of my hand, not using it, it feels like it's running like I'm overworking it, when I play videos or music on it, it will sound like it's echoing, like if it's being played from one of the houses surrounding mine. When I was driving the other day, I heard a guy laugh twice, but like he was on a speakerphone in my car, when I play music it sounds like someone's doing karaoke to it, from speakerphone, now this has been going for awhile now. And the other day I turned my bloothtooth on, and a device popped up, but it disappeared so quick I didn't get to fully see anything, and each time after that when I turned my Bluetooth on, my screen would glitch and pop up no devices or just continuously searching. Now, what the heck is up with my iPhone?!? Now, My overactive imagination, is on detective mode so bad! SO CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!?!? Please😳. 
    submitted by /u/sexychicana0778
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel