• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 25]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 25]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 25]

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Providing U.S. Employees With Up to Four Hours Paid Time Off to Vote in November Election

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Instagram promises to fix bug after being exposed by always accessing the camera on iOS 14

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Not sure if anyone’s seen this yet but on the latest beta you can use the back tap feature now on IPhones with home buttons

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    I found an iPhone in the local park. Turns on but there's no owner info on the lock screen. How can I inform the owner that I have it?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Found an iPhone in the local park. Seems to be a bit water damaged, screen looks a bit iffy. But it does power on.

    I have no idea how iPhones work. Thought there might be some sort of owner info on the lock screen but there's nothing. Just the pin code / fingerprint prompt.

    What do I do?

    Edit: Sim card is locked so can't call anybody from it. I guess the owner gave up looking for it and locked it.

    submitted by /u/Scutterbum
    [link] [comments]

    Found iPhone 6 in the desert

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    I was out with a road crew doing asphalt maintenance on some very rural roads around where I live, and we found an iPhone 6 laying in the dirt about 30 feet from the road. It was very badly damaged, and no one wanted it but I work on computers and laptops and have had some experience with repairing phones so I decided I'd just take it home and see if it worked. Well after disconnecting the battery I cleaned all of the power connectors for the battery and display with IPA, then plugged it in to a lightning cable and it came to life. I was so stunned it worked because the screen was so brittle and smashed. I made sure it would fully charge before ordering a new screen from eBay. I installed the screen today and the phone works just fine with the new display. It is locked to an iTunes account, so I figured maybe I would come to Reddit to see if there is anything at all that can be done about that. Might be a long shot but I didn't think it was a story that Apple would believe. I thought the only way to get past it was to contact Apple Support, but maybe someone here can help. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/indydude345
    [link] [comments]

    Will the small 5.4 iphone 12 have a night mode camera?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    3D Touch is temporarily unavailable in iOS 14 Beta 3. (65576619)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    How long have you been case less? Why or why not? Has your phone held up?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Share your story

    submitted by /u/sowavy612
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the circle spinning all the time? (Next to the WiFi icon)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Test My Brain: Quiz Game. Challenge yourself with different levels of riddles, math, logical reasoning, current events and sports

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Does switching to a new Apple ID not keep your apps?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I am just wondering if I switched to another ID if I would have my apps. If not, I will have them when I switch back? (I just got a phone so I don't know a lot)

    submitted by /u/MrBigRig_29
    [link] [comments]

    Finally back to iPhone.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Last Apple product I bought was the iPhone 5S, I bought it when it was released as it was the greatest phone ever during that time. The feelings of pure joy I had when this phone was on it's way to me and when it arrived was something you don't always feel it. I spend lots of years with this phone and then I bout a Galaxy A71 couple of months ago. Honestly, the phone is very nice, but I never had that feeling of joy I had before knowing that it's not Apple, it's not IOS. I couldn't stand Android or the hardware as Im a lover of Apple and IOS and I ended up selling the galaxy and going back to my dying 5s, putting in my mind that before selling it i had days where id just put my sim card back to my 5s and leave the galaxy because of how much i miss apple. 2 hours ago, I just ordered the new SE iPhone and guess what, that feeling of pure joy is back and I can't wait to have it and be back to Apple. I know it's not too big of a deal and a phone but I thought Id share it with my fellow apple lovers

    submitted by /u/charmxchaser
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question! How would I know if an iPhone is hacked or has any virus’s ect. Is there also any protection apps that can detect these and remove them if there’s any?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Would love to see any suggestions and answer to the question. (:

    submitted by /u/f4irydust
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel