• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    Apple TV Redeem blu rays!

    Apple TV Redeem blu rays!


    Redeem blu rays!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    I feel like an idiot, but I completely forgot that a lot of blu rays have redeemable codes. I now have an extra 10 movies to watch. Many of them in 4kHDR

    submitted by /u/skobie1kanobie
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t control volume via iPhone Remote App

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    My set up is a Visio sound bar going into the HDMI Arc port of my TV and the sound bar previously was able to change volume directly from me using my iPhone remote app. Recently, when I'm in the remote app, the volume slider hasn't been displaying the Apple TV logo, and only changes the volume on the phone. Anyone else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/wesimplymustknow
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on the whats new screen, remote doesn’t respond but light on apple tv flashes can someone help?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Any way to delete specific screensavers?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    This may seem like a dumb post, but I'm at my breaking point here. I hate jellyfish. They just freak me the hell out. Yet, for some damn reason, it seems like 1 out of every 4 screensavers on my Apple TV 4K is a swarm of nasty jellyfish. I tried to be patient about this since every so often there are new screensavers downloaded but today I found yet another goddamn jellyfish screensaver got introduced. Please help.

    submitted by /u/JackSpadesSI
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 14 Mouse and DS4 Touchpad question

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    I've heard some whispers on forums about the upcoming tvOS supporting full bluetooth mouse support as well as touchpad support for the DualShock 4. However, the only official articles I've seen has only stated this for iOS and iPadOS. I know Apple has always tried to hold the ATV back from being used as a full fledged media center pc, so it wouldn't surprise me if they kept these features away. Has anyone heard any official reports stating either or?

    submitted by /u/SkiMan_94
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Dolby Vision via HDMI bug finally fixed in tvOS14? Any word at all from Apple?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    For reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/comments/eb9nfj/reseating_hdmi_cable_to_temporarily_fix_dolby/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    This has been happening for some people (like me) for over a year now and it makes the Apple TV borderline useless. Is there any news on this whatsoever?

    submitted by /u/TheBeerCannon
    [link] [comments]

    Siri not searching streaming apps

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    In the past, whenever I did a global search using Siri for a movie or tv show it would search Netflix, Prime, etc. That way after searching, I could immediately open the title in the available streaming app. But recently (as of about a few months ago), it is no longer searching the streaming apps. No matter which title - it only gives an option for purchasing it in AppleTV, even if it's available in Netflix or Prime or any other streaming app I've subscribed to.

    Has something changed recently?

    submitted by /u/canuckerfan
    [link] [comments]

    Advantage of Apple TV vs tvOS app on smart TVs

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    What are the advantages of having an Apple TV vs using the tvOS app built in to some smart TVs? If I'm one of the few who watches Apple TV+ content are the bitrates the same on the smart tv apps vs the Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/Okwhatwedoing
    [link] [comments]

    It is possible to download apple tv plus to the Apple tv 4k?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    I have a 4k hdr tv with atmos sound system. But my internet is no where good enough to stream at that quality.

    I was wondering if I could download it on the device to be able to watch it at max quality

    After a quick googling I just found instruction to do it on ipad or iPhone

    submitted by /u/Aeragon
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV App not showing up in my eligible Sony TV's App Store?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I have the https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x950g-x955g-x957g-series, and according to Apple, it's supported: https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/.

    However, it's not showing up in the Sony's App Store.

    Any ideas? thx!

    submitted by /u/ArtiesSaltyDog
    [link] [comments]

    Quarantine by RSO Kaydoe

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    Butterfly - Single by Jae' Morrissa

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Sometimes 4K option, sometimes none

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Setup:I have a LG 4K TV and Apple TV 4K and a number of other devices (eg, XBox).

    All devices go HDMI out to a PIoneer receiver which appears to incorporate an HDMI switch to the TV.

    Problem: Sometimes when I go to the video settings on Apple TV it will show the 4K option, other times it only shows up to 1080p options.

    What sometimes fixes it: I've found that powering down and unplugging and then plugging back in the Apple TV and various HDMI cables fixes the problem temporarily, causing the 4K option to appear and work, but haven't figured out what part of the plugging and unplugging is fixing things.

    And, as stated above, it's temporary anyway, more likely than not, after the TV and Apple TV are powered down, the same thing will happen.

    I've read here about being certain I have the right kind of cable. Not being a technical expert, I kind of assumed if it works some of the time, the cable is not the issue?

    Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Supes1970
    [link] [comments]

    USB Share Options with Mesh Router?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Hoping that someone here can give me a few suggestions. I have been running the "poor man's NAS" for a while, with an external HD connected to my router via USB and then shared to Infuse on my ATV for some of my local library. Its accessed/used infrequently, so this isnt a world-ending emergency, but I managed to screw things up when I recently updated my network to a mesh setup (primarily due to less-than-optimal coverage in my home office that refused to be corrected by extenders/repeaters). However, I failed to consider that the mesh setup that I got didn't support USB connections to any of the nodes.

    So – I tried using the old router (with the WiFi turned off) into one of my nodes to see if that might work. The eero saw the router had joined the network, but Infuse didn't find the share. Is what I'm trying even possible and if so, what ridiculously simple errro have I made in my attempt? Anyone have any ideas?

    I'm going to post this over on the eero sub as well - thanks!

    submitted by /u/HailLeroy
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby TrueHD 5.1 -> LPCM 5.1

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Soo if I play Dolby TrueHD 5.1 content on the Apple TV, the ATV "converts" it to LPCM 5.1 ?

    submitted by /u/stoneagem
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay 2 Surround Sound Questions

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    I have moved into a new house that has built in wired surround sound speakers for the living room. The speaker wires all end in a cabinet far away from where my tv and appletv 4K are located. The existing hdmi cabling that runs from the tv area to this audio cabinet no longer works. Is there a way to utilize these speakers in a surround sound set up without having a wired connection to a receiver (that I have yet to purchase)?

    Another way to say that is, the receiver won't be close enough to the tv or appletv to be connected by either optical or hdmi audio output. If I connect these devices over Airplay 2, will I be able to get surround sound or just stereo output?

    I'm trying to avoid having to figure out how to re-run 30 feet of hdmi cable through a wall and around corners. I'm also concerned about video degradation over that long of cable, maybe?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/commandorabbit
    [link] [comments]

    Approaching by Factor Label

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel