• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 22, 2020

    Apple Help How do i disable this?

    Apple Help How do i disable this?


    How do i disable this?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    iMac iMessage pop-up. How do I get rid of this? I signed into my companies Mac and now Everytime the Mac is booted up, this pops up. After hitting cancel it pops back up after 10-20 minutes of use.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    Accidentally Pressed "lost iPhone," now all my data is gone. Please help!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    My younger sister has her iPad connected to my phone and kept sending me 'find my iPhone' alerts, for no reason. I grew frustrated and told her to just take my phone off from her iPad.

    Later that night, my phone had a message that said something along the lines of "This phone has been lost." Then, the screen turned white with the black loading bar (the typical screen which comes up during updates). I thought nothing of it because I assumed my phone was just updating.

    However, when I went on my phone, turns out EVERYTHING was gone! All my apps, contacts, photos, notes, etc. It's like I got a brand new phone and need to add everything in from scratch.

    I signed in with my apple ID and icloud, but nothing is here yet. I have no idea what my sister pressed and (I'm guessing that maybe apple thinks my phone was lost so they erased all my stuff to prevent anyone else from seeing it?)

    I just made a reddit account and I'm not entirely sure how this works! I'm in desperate need of help, so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread.

    submitted by /u/howwyoudoinn
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook refuses to move past this screen. What can I do to fix this?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    I need help basically what happens is when I try to click the share button nothing comes up and once I get out my safari is laggy. This happens with iMovie and others aswell . I also tried resetting and power off and on and nothing seems to work

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    Help. I can’t see any options.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I’m having and issue with my built in iSight on my MacBook Pro 2018. I tried running a command, resetting SMC but nothing fixed the problem

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    Sync photos via iTunes and Windows 10

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Howdy,

    I'm considering making a switch to iPhone(and am reallllly hoping there's a solution to this for several reasons) in the near future, and there's one issue that I'm still unclear on.

    If I disable iCloud and choose to sync through iTunes on Windows, will it sync my existing album file structure from Windows and update those albums every sync?

    Big make or break for me. I'm way too fond of managing my photos on an Android device by drag dropping and having it automatically merge my pictures in the folders they're already organized in.

    File structure example: Vacation, Dogs, Young'ns, Etc.

    submitted by /u/thirstyaf97
    [link] [comments]

    Can you translate on-screen text?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I would love to buy an iPhone but I want to check what type of language translation features there are.

    I'm currently using a Samsung Note 8 and there is a feature where you can remote the S-Pen and over it over text that is in another language, and it will translate it for you. I enjoy using some Japanese and Chinese apps so being able to quickly check words is very helpful.

    Is there a feature like this in iOS? Are there any similar features to quickly translate text that is showing on the screen?

    submitted by /u/poglet
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID is disabled, can't get ahold of anyone to help

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    My Apple ID was disabled due to someone using my card info to make purchases, and now I've been on hold for 3+ hours, as they just switch me from department to department. I tried going online to manage it, and they said everything was unavailable. I need this app for my job (it's a security app) and I'm extremely frustrated. Every time I go to download an app, it says "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes"

    submitted by /u/goshnabbitdang
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to sync my iTunes library on my Mac (2020 Pro) to my phone (iPhone XR up to date IOS) it just displays these msgs and doesn’t stop loading. Ive had my phone synced to iTunes on pc and that never has problems. Is there anything i can try to get it to connect?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    I was trying to put the windows 10 iso on a usb drive, but it this keeps popping up. How would I deal with this?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Unable to play youtube videos in safari on my macbook

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I had this bug for several weeks now. It works fine in firefox. MacBook air 2015.

    submitted by /u/PlastikHateAccount
    [link] [comments]

    Lost an AirPod... found it... can I piece together another set?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    AirPod Replacement

    So I lost one of my AirPod earbuds about a month ago. I reached out to Apple and bought a replacement earbud and went on with my business.

    Fast forward to yesterday, when I found my missing earbud. Can I piece together another AirPod setup using my newly found earbud? When I ordered my replacement earbud Apple wanted the SN off of the charging case. If I use the same SN to purchase a charging case and another earbud will my the original AirPods stop working or something?

    submitted by /u/brad8758
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t download new apps, but “purchased” ones work fine, help?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    The perfect storm - Bent CPU, no video (iMac 5K 2017)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    tl;dr: While attempting a CPU „swap", i bent the CPU. Bending back made my iMac boot, seemingly without video. LED 1-3 come alive whilst booting.

    Buckle up, cause this is gonna be a wild ride.

    Disclaimer: I really love my Macs, and occasionally open up to upgrade/fix some things on my devices or those of people that trust me. So i'm not a total newbie on the subject (although i do prefer working on phones tbh)

    I got an iMac 5K (i5-7500, Radeon Pro 575) open-box for a good price a few years ago. It had the (terrible) 1TB fusion drive, which was driving me insane. Last year, i decided that i have had enough. I went and upgraded my internal storage (500gb m.2 ssd for the OS, a small SSD for Windows) as well as the CPU (i7-7700K) and loved the results. The only thing i kept noticing was that the fans would kick in way sooner than before, presumably because of the higher power consumption of the cpu.

    Fast forward to this year, and i'm delidding a few CPUs for friends who want to sit out buying a new PC during covid. I started thinking about it, and came to the conclusion that even though i don't want to overclock it, my iMac should benefit from better heat transmission as well. So i opened it up again, took out the i7, and went to town on it.

    Reassembly was going smooth just until the moment of truth: Connecting the display and turning on my iMac. Surprisingly, it did... nothing. Just one small led was shining in bright green, signaling that something must be wrong with the cpu. As it is not uncommon to unseat the cpu while reassembly, i didnt worry to much about it and took the cpu out again, only to see that the edges of the pcb have bent on two occasions. A short google searched suggest that bending the edges back could potentially restore functionality, so i did exactly that. Now, LEDs 1-3 are shining when connected to power and turned on. So the cpu seems to work! Or does it?

    Worringly, the display doesn't turn on when i power on the machine. I did try and swap the motherboard battery, perform a pram- and smc reset, all without success. A thourough check of all cable connections also brought no indication of any mechanical failure. My only suspicion is that something seems to be broken inside the cpu, which is hindering the integrated graphics from working (or the gpu from sending data). Could that be the case? There's an i7 7700 heading my way to test this hypothesis.

    Did anybody else have had this happen to him?

    submitted by /u/macminitosh
    [link] [comments]

    If I got a new iPhone, will the iOS 14 Beta follow?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    My iPhone XS is have a lot of issues not software related. I was wondering, if I got a new iPhone, and set it up as new, and sign into my iCloud, that should effectively be a back up without restoring, right?

    Will the iOS 14 profile follow it? Or prompt to download?

    Also, my Apple Watch series 4 is still perfectly fine, is there ANY chance if being able to downgrade it back to Watch OS 6?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/livingwithrage
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find the Peacock app on my Apple TV.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    I'm wondering if it's because maybe my Apple TV is an older generation. I don't see the app anywhere advertised. I downloaded it on my iPhone and iPad, but there was no casting option to my Apple TV inside the Peacock app.

    Can someone please help?

    submitted by /u/irate_ambassador
    [link] [comments]

    A bit upset with Apple Genius Bar....

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    So I have an iPhone X. The warranty ran out back in 2018, and I don't have Apple Care. And over this past weekend, I noticed the top edge of my screen starting to lift up... and now 4 days later, it's getting worst as the lift progressed down the sides. It's more prominent on the right side than the left. The bottom half is still intact. The screen itself is functioning perfectly. I'm pretty sure it's a case of swollen battery. So I booked a time into the Apple Store... right away, the staff said it's swollen battery. Then told me they don't do replacement, so for me to get a new phone that will cost me $710 Cdn. I'm like... okay I don't have that money... and I'm not spending $710 on a 4 year old phone. Then he asked a manager that was walking by, and the manager said it's a display issue, and quote me the display replacement of $365 Cdn. I also don't want to spend four hundred dollars on an issue I'm pretty sure its not related to a display thing. As I'm contemplating this... this OTHER staff walked by, and said, it's a swollen battery. And you can get the phone replaced for the battery replacement cost of $89. So I'm like, yeah, that sounds good. But they won't proceed unless I commit to the four hundred dollars display replacement... IN CASE it's not the battery, and after they opened it up they HAVE to repair the screen. And they won't give me the option that if it's not the battery... to just return the phone as it to me and I'll figure what to do next myself. I walked out the store... and went to an aftermarket phone repair place... and their first assessment is also swollen battery...

    I feel like the Apple Genius aren't geniuses at all.... and I'm also pretty certain that it's a swollen battery. I would really prefer to pay $89 at Apple to have the phone replaced... then to have the battery replaced with aftermarket.... how should I proceed???

    submitted by /u/MonkeyRPN
    [link] [comments]

    My facetime is lagging like crazy can someone help me fix it, it has been fine for a year and it randomly started happening

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Why can't I use two monitors over one USB C?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    When I switch to Bootcamp, it works perfectly, but it's never worked in macOS.

    Is there a hack that forces output I can use?

    Edit: My dock has two HDMI ports, and a USB C.

    submitted by /u/yourwitchergeralt
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPhone XS not charging or holding charge

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Hey!

    I've had my XS for a bit over a year now. It's well taken care of, only a few scratches and stuff here and there. This afternoon it stopped holding a charge, or really charging at all. I'm on a beach trip with my family so my thoughts were that I may have gotten some sand or water in the charging port but I thought I had been pretty safe about it so far.

    Earlier when I plugged it in or placed it on a wireless charger it would charge briefly, and when the phone turned on the battery would die from 3 percent within a minute or so. This evening it would show that it was plugged in but not actually charge, and now it won't even turn the screen on to indicate it's plugged in. My thinking is that my battery might have given out and I somehow might have gotten water or sand into the charging port.

    There's a T-Mobile store nearby that I plan on heading to tomorrow but I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me figure out what's wrong or potentially have a solution <3 thanks for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/Wubbiez
    [link] [comments]

    How to do I get water out of left speaker?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    I have iPhone 11 and I dropped it in water now the left speaker has water in it. I used the shortcut to get water but vibrations only come out the right. How do I get the left out?

    submitted by /u/links-Shield632
    [link] [comments]

    When I check battery usage it says I have used siri, but it didn’t show any apps running in the background

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    I went to settings, then battery and saw that it said I used Siri. Then I found the hour it said I used siri and the only other apps I used at the time were App Store, settings, and home screen. Also I don't have "hey Siri" on. It it normal, I haven't noticed this since I updated my iOS to 13.6 5 days ago. If anyone can explain why it say this I would be very thankful.

    submitted by /u/CyberFire068
    [link] [comments]

    My keyboard haptic touch is gone!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    All haptic touch is enabled, all vibrations are enabled, I've turned my phone off and on. It isn't making little vibrations when i type anymore.

    submitted by /u/kickynn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel