• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    iPhone iPhone X beeps twice during facetime audio then call is ended.

    iPhone iPhone X beeps twice during facetime audio then call is ended.


    iPhone X beeps twice during facetime audio then call is ended.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    I just started having this problem after updating my phone and it has gotten very annoying. I can't tell if its my phone or my apple earbuds. But when I call someone on facetime audio it will connect and then at a random time i will hear two beeps and the call is just ended out of no where. Can anyone explain?

    submitted by /u/kye-mei
    [link] [comments]

    Control panel won’t update on my iPhone

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    The audio section on my control panel won't update to any of the apps I use. It used to work well with Spotify but now it displays nothing when I use Spotify app. This just started a free weeks ago and I don't know why. I have an iPhone 8 if that helps.

    submitted by /u/SuperRobotMab
    [link] [comments]

    Can the storage amount or serial be pulled off an iCloud locked iPhone?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    Long story short I lost my phone and believe it might have been stolen as I received a text to my phone number(the one in that phone as I already got issued a new sim) with a fake Apple ID login page as I believe someone is trying to get through the iCloud lock to sell it. For getting my phone number off the phone, I know that isn't too hard as they could probably pull it off the sim, but in the text they specified the make of my phone with the storage amount(11 pro silver 256). Is there any way they can get thatt information from a locked phone as afaik they can only get the IMEI as it is on the sim tray. Because if they can't, then I think my service provider may have leaked my SIM card switch(my service provider would have details on the phone) and someone is trying to get my Apple ID for other reasons than unlocking my presumable stolen phone.

    submitted by /u/RamenTalons
    [link] [comments]

    i cannot press the a few parts of my screen on my brand new iphone

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    me trying to press where the eye key would be

    https://youtu.be/ROdHznsoiDo

    submitted by /u/AwfuII
    [link] [comments]

    Ihpkne 7 in plus mic not working

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    The phone my daughter has been using for the past year or so doesn't seem to have any working mic. It was previously my wife's phone and it worked fine, but now I tried to install apps like WhatsApp and duo (there's no Sim for phone calls) and just realised it doesn't register any audio. Camera also records video on mute.

    Is there anything I can do that may fix it? Should I bother with a factory reset or do I need to have it looked at by a technician?

    submitted by /u/farqueue2
    [link] [comments]

    My music tab says I’m playing “no sleep”

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Title says it. I wasn't listening to any songs at the time nor do I have anything like that in my library. When I turned my phone off it was playing from the google chrome app and went away when I closed that app down. Anyone know what it is?

    submitted by /u/not_so_thin_lizzie
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone top of screen flickering on bottom, DIY fix?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    Hi, as the title says it I'm having the problem that the top of the screen (status bar) mirror flickers on the bottom, at first I could solve it turning the brightness down but now even with very little brightness it happens.

    I think that this could be a loose connection of the screen connectors. Is there any way I might try to open it, and put something as tape, or bend it, in order to make some pressure for the contacts of the connection so that they stay in contact? Im no expert at all but I can purchase an Iphone dissasemble kit, and the truth is that I would need to replace the screen in any case, so I wanna give it a try first to see if im lucky.

    submitted by /u/sssnnn999
    [link] [comments]

    11 or XS Max?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    So my 3 year-old iPhone 7 Plus just broke. I need a new phone right now, want a high-end one so I can use it for years, and I can't wait for the 12. So here are my points. Currently using laptop.

    Storage

    Don't really need more than 64 GB, but I need a little more than 32.

    Price

    Around the same, both for 64 GB.

    Camera

    As I am coming from 7 Plus, it has two cameras that are the same as it is on the XS Max, but the latter has portrait mode. As for the 11, it is a HUGE plus to have an wide angle and night mode, is sacrificing telephoto worth it? Also the selfie camera is better on the 11. But I don't really take much photos so it's not really a deciding factor, but it would be nice to have. Is the XS Max's camera bad though?

    Display

    I am coming from a 1080p LCD. I would like to try out OLED, so I am leaning towards the XS Max. I don't think going down from 1080 to 828 would be good, also the XS Max has a higher resolution than 7+. Is the 11 screen that bad? Is it worse than my old phone?

    Battery

    My old 7 Plus sustains pretty good battery, and I heard both would have superior battery. How much longer is one's battery than the other one? Depending on how much longer, this may be a deciding factor. Is the XS Max's battery bad?

    Design

    I think we all know who is the winner on this one, so this is a plus for the XS Max.

    Size

    Also leaning towards the XS Max so I won't need to adjust to smaller size, coming from a 7 Plus, which has the same body size as the XS Max.

    Processor

    How faster is the A13 from the A12? Is the difference big?

    So based on my points, what should I go for?

    submitted by /u/cheesykartoffel
    [link] [comments]

    Disable multiple notifications for group texts

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    A bit of a general question here. I belong to a number of group chats on various services (Messenger, Signal). Sometimes people in the group chat will start talking about something while I'm busy at work, and I'll get many (sometimes 20+) notifications over the space of a few minutes. I don't want to totally mute the group chats (my current solution) because I end up missing important things, but I also don't need a new separate buzz every time one friend replies to another friend.

    I'm wondering if there is any way at all to get the first notification from the group chat, and to suppress any new notifications from the same group chat (or even same chat app) for a given amount of time? For example, my phone would buzz for the first message or two on the group chat, but any buzzes for the following ~5 minutes would be suppressed?

    Have tried to find out a solution to this but haven't been able to find anything.

    On iOS 13.5.1, iPhone XR.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gosplan17
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    I have an x and there seems to be dust under the screen affecting the quality of the front camera Does anyone know how / if I can fix this myself before I take it to the shop ?

    submitted by /u/katierothon23
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to restore iPhone 8 from iCloud backups after installing iOS 14 and downgrading to 13.5.1

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    I installed iOS 14 and did an iCloud backup. Then I swiped the phone and was unable to restore the backup done in iOS 14 (error message : IPhone cannot be restored). Proceeded to downgrade to iOS 13.5.1. I have dozens of iCloud backups, tried a dozen, even some from 2018. Same error message.

    Called Apple, my case was taken by a supervisor. Ended up with « well, you installed a beta, we can't help. Try forums. »

    Any ideas??

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/cryptobrant
    [link] [comments]

    Apps keep crashing

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Hi,

    i have has an iphone 7 since september last year. in the last few days all the apps keep crashing. i have neevr physicaly damages my phone and i didnt install anything to cause this. i have talked to apple support and that was little to no help. i have factory reset it and it still wont open basic apps like messages and phone calls. anyone else have this issue? anyone know how to fix?

    any help is appriciated

    submitted by /u/rb91123
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone xr looting problem

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    So before I got my iPhone Xr screen fixed on Wednesday my phone screen had a glitch & just shut off on me. When my screen stopped coming up. My phone was still functioning like I can receive calls, texts & etc. Then on Wednesday I told the guy that fixes iphones what was wrong with it & everything. Then he didnt even check my phone to see what was wrong with it & just went ahead; fixed my screen. Next thing I know when I came back 30 minutes later he said that my phone screen is fixed but, told me that it is something wrong with the battery on my phone & it needed to be replaced & he didnt have the battery thing to replace it & told me to keep on the charger for the whole day. My iPhone is still on the apple logo screen like everytime its on a charger but when I unplug it. Nothing comes on. What do I need to do with this situation like this bc most likely on Monday I'm getting my refund or go another phone place & see whats really wrong with it?

    submitted by /u/Msixela96
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone won't connect to wireless earbuds, please help

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Before you read I'd like to say that my earbuds are Aliexpress-bought clone AirPods Pro and my phone is iPhone 11.

    Anyways-

    I got them almost exactly one week ago. I had no problems whatsoever with them. Earlier today I tried listening to music but only the left earbud connected. After trying and trying the right one didn't connect so naturally what I did was reset the earbuds using the button on their case.

    The problem is that after I (after a lot, a lot of frustration) paired them again with my iPhone the earbuds won't connect to my phone! When I open the case it would show me on my screen the battery percentage for both the case and earbuds but they just won't connect. I tried forgetting the device and re-pairing but it didn't do a thing, it just won't connect through the Bluetooth.

    I'm so frustrated and I have long rides coming and I want to be able to listen to music so I won't pull my hair out. Can anyone help me? Please and thanks in advance! :(

    submitted by /u/CosmixUniverse
    [link] [comments]

    Photo transfer issues with Image Capture due to some images on iCloud and *optimize storage* somehow turned on

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    I always use Image Capture on my MacBook Pro to transfer photos from my iPhone 7 Plus to my external hard drives. I have a 256GB iPhone and take massive amounts of photos and videos, and this has worked flawlessly for me for the past 5+ years. Well, somehow my phone settings were switched to "optimize storage" for my photos, instead of the "keep originals" I always leave it set to (thanks iPhone update???) and now I'm stuck with a dilemma I can't figure out.

    When I attach my iPhone to my Mac and open Image Capture, my iPhone shows up but with a little cloud to the right of it. I understand that means my photos are on iCloud, and I need to download them from there and onto my external hard drive that way. That is very frustrating as my internet in rural MN is slow as molasses. However, my bigger issue is that not all of my photos are on iCloud - only a small number of them.....so how can I get those images not on iCloud off of my phone and onto my hard drive?? I tried putting my phone into airplane mode to trick Image Capture, but that didn't work. Do I need to download all of the photos from iCloud onto my hard drive, delete them off of iCloud, and then Image Capture will work and let me download the remaining images not on iCloud?? I don't have enough phone storage at the moment to turn "keep originals" back on, and I don't have enough iCloud storage space to have all of my photos and videos on iCloud. Help please!

    submitted by /u/jennaceleste
    [link] [comments]

    Not really an issue but I want to see if I can FaceTime a friend. How do I find how much data I have left? iPhone 8, latest IOS.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Looking for feedback about general network utility apps and functionality on an iOS. Are they worth having/using?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    So I know in the App store you can download apps like Fing and Network Utility and Network Toolbox and was wondering if anyone out there has used or currently using any of them? I heard the functionality differs between iOS and Android when it comes to these types of apps? Is that true? I want an app like Fing or one of the others but Im not gona download it if its something that doesnt work as well on iOS or if it isnt worth having but I think this is the best place to get some feedback if any of you have used any of them? Any feedback is much appreciated

    submitted by /u/Jace_avb
    [link] [comments]

    Security issues

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Hi everyone the other day i got a pop up on safari saying i had 27 viruses. Obviously at the time i was quite worried but looking back it was probably a phishing scam, anyway i did the usual reset the phone and restore from a backup but i just cant help it I'm just really paranoid. I've been looking online to see if viruses on iOS are common and how to remove them and i learned that malware can be put on a device through certificate trust Settings and the profiles tab, anyway what is the likely hood there is something wrong btw I'm on IOS 12.4.7 my trust store version is 201821000 also the profile tab doesn't always appear and when it is there there is nothing there. I apologise for the long post I'm just quite worried any help would be appreciate thanks❤️🙏👍🏻

    submitted by /u/ITZAaronnn
    [link] [comments]

    Apple family sharing

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    Me and my brother have decided to combine our subscriptions with the family feature.
    I've had Apple TV+ beforehand and we can both watch the shows without any problems. But after we connected our acc, I subscribed to Apple Music and they told me that I've still had the 3 Months free access to chose.
    Perfect.
    Then I instantly unsubscribed after reading that I can do that without loosing the paid-perks.

    The weird thing is that my brother can now listen to Apple Music but I can't.
    I would have to buy it again and this time without the free trial.

    I may have used the free trial once, but I can't really remember. Could this be the reason that now only my brother is eligible to this trial?

    submitted by /u/Ludwig-D
    [link] [comments]

    share audio not showing up

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    i have an iphone 7, running ios 13, with two airpods. the feature just doesnt show up, and only lets me use each one individually. instead of a round check, it shows up as only a check. this is reallly bugging me. any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/chio_ro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel