• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    iPad WWDC 2020 - r/iPad Discussion Thread

    iPad WWDC 2020 - r/iPad Discussion Thread


    WWDC 2020 - r/iPad Discussion Thread

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    Hello r/iPad, and welcome to the WWDC 2020 discussion thread!

    Here's Apple's iPadOS 14 feature preview:

    https://www.apple.com/ipados/ipados-preview/

    Now that we have our new r/iPad Discord Server, you are also invited to chat and discuss WWDC matters in the #iPadOS channel.

    Please note that posts will be actively monitored and we will be removing duplicate threads and content that can be redirected here.

    Enjoy the keynote, and may Apple bless us with some iPadOS goodness.


    Where To Watch Again: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2020/

    submitted by /u/Totoro12117
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS Feature Slide from WWDC

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    My Sunday well spent. App: Procreate. Device: iPad Pro 2018 11”

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    iPadOS 14 will let you set default email and browser apps

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    IpadOS compatible devices

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    On iPadOS 14 you can see when someone’s typing a message when you pin them!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    Some art with a 6th gen iPad and 1st gen Pencil!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    iPadOS 14 Features Enhanced UIs for Native Apps, Universal Search, New Handwriting Support, and More

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Charging speed of IPad Pro 2020 11” on two different chargers. One is the same provided in the box(18 watt) and second one is Samsung 25 watt charger provided with my Note 10+. I didn’t thing there would be such a significant difference. !!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    How can I set up an iPad with remote access for my mom?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I have iPads, Android devices and a Windows PC.

    Is there a way I can set up an iPad for my 82 year-old mom and log into all her accounts and then ship it to her?

    I'd like to have the ability remote into it and fix problems and set up new apps and accounts etc. Walking her through instructions over the phone isn't working these days.

    Even if I had to buy two new iPads and mirror them I'd be willing. (IS that a thing?) Doing some basic research I've found a few apps but I'd like some opinions on which might be best so I can get this right the first try.

    Any help is greatly appeciated!

    submitted by /u/Iowa_Dave
    [link] [comments]

    Would it to be possible to get a normal Portable external hard drive, connect it to a normal iPad 5th generation, but power it through usb on a portable battery or a car outlet usb ? At the same time having it connected to said iPad so you can access the files ?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    The reason I would need to connect it twice of course is obvious but just in case it isn't so the drive would get enough power.

    If I could fix the 4k video files on my wireless portable drive I would use it. I mean for crying out loud it even advertises Streaming 4k on the box.

    submitted by /u/ng4ever
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS should be on iPad imo

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    I think this warrants a post.

    The new ARM Mac runs on A12Z, the exact same processor as the latest iPad Pro. It has the ability to run all the iPhone and iPad apps natively. The ui has even been customized to look pretty much exactly like iPadOS, the dock, app icons, even adding control center.

    What is the end result? MacOS is now iPadOS but better in pretty much every way. The only thing it lacks is proper touchscreen and apple pencil support, because these are things only on the iPad, and never been on a mac. Well Apple could probably add these easily, or offer a dual boot on the iPad Pro. They absolutely should do this, it would make the iPad Pro the perfect computer it should be. Perfect touchscreen support, portability, tablet mode, good camera, 120 hz, good multitasking, mouse and keyboard support, literally the ability to be anything you want it to be.

    I see wasted potential here. The only logical reason I can see for not porting MacOS to iPad and adding touchscreen and apple pencil support, is because it would cannibalize Mac sales. I say this sucks, we can have the perfect computer of the future today, if Apple flips the switch to make it so :). Hardware isn't the problem anymore, and it seems Apple has figured out the software issue.

    Hopefully Apple changes their minds in the future.

    submitted by /u/crouchingarmadillo
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook App Down

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Curious if anyone else is having issues with the Facebook app on their iPads? I have several within my organization that will immediately crash back to the springboard on several iPad models.

    I have attempted re install of the apps and rebooted iPads across the board. I do manage them through JAMF but I don't believe that to be an issue. Down detector reports issues (not an official source I know) and the comment section is reporting the same.

    If anything this post will serve as heads up to those running into the same problem.

    submitted by /u/Bluetooth_Sandwich
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad for the 2020 iPad Pros battery to keep the pencil attached all the time?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    I'm afraid i'm going to ruin the the batteries max capacity.

    submitted by /u/SilenceAndMoney
    [link] [comments]

    WWDC 2020 Raw Reaction

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Best Stylus/Pen for the iPad 5th gen (2017)? Drawing only.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    I recently got an iPad 5th gen (2017) and I'm planning on using it only for drawing/art, not writing (if that makes a difference). I was prepared to get the Pencil but unfortunately it's not compatible with the 5. Are there any good alternative styluses? I've heard okay things about the mesh tip ones.

    submitted by /u/banterminator
    [link] [comments]

    From an Android fanboy, Thank you Apple.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Both my Ipads (Air 2 and 6th Gen.) will receive IpadOS 14. I'm really excited about this.

    I'm a hardcore Android user since Android 2.1. However I always admited that Ipads are the best tablets out there hands down. Android always had a problem with tablets. Samsung is doing great job in its S series however without Google support, Ipads will keep on dominating the market.

    I use my Ipad 6th Gen. from 2018 purely for studying and productivity. Although its 2 gigs of RAM, I never felt any lag or stutter. For its price I think It was the best money I've ever spent in my life.

    All I wish now is that IpadOS 14 launch is smoother compared to IpadOS 13 and all its initial problems.

    Anyone here is excited like me? What's your device?

    submitted by /u/kabourayan
    [link] [comments]

    Made a iPad-friendly version of the Apple pride illustration plus some of my edits!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    iPad Air 3 oleophobic coating BS - my nightmare, matte screen protector is a necessity ��

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    Backlight of magic keyboard staying on?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Hey all.

    I have my first iPad ever in the 2020 iPad Pro with magic keyboard. It's been a great device so far, but one thing I am noticing is that I will close my keyboard up when I am done using it, and the keyboard backlight will turn off. Come back later and the keyboard backlight is glowing.

    Sometimes I have noticed this were I am using it in bed at night, close it when I am done and the backlights turn off. Come back the next evening, and notice it here is a glow coming from may nightstand and they have turned back on sometime throughout the day. That comes with a pretty sizable battery drain.

    Anyone else having this issue?? The keyboard in general has been great, it's just this backlight coming on when it should be sleeping thing is kinda bummer.

    submitted by /u/IowaAL
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble connecting USB mic to Ipad Air 3

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    I have a Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB mic and I am using a powered USB hub to connect to my Ipad Air 3 but it does not work. I can see the light on in the mic and I am using lighting cable and usb male-to-female to connect Ipad to the USB Hub. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/nemo3141
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel