• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 23, 2020

    Apple Macbook People on this subreddit after the WWDC be like

    Apple Macbook People on this subreddit after the WWDC be like


    People on this subreddit after the WWDC be like

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    luckily my 2013 late macbook was on right spot for new mac os big sur upgrade list

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    Upgrade now or wait for ARM?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro late 2013 users. Now that MacOS Big Sur is compatible with MacBooks too, how much longer do you think you can go without upgrading to a newer machine?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Our MacBook pros too*

    submitted by /u/reddict1998
    [link] [comments]

    So... you just bought a 2020 13" MacBook Pro and you're still within the return window. After the WWDC today, it would appear the next 13" MacBook Pro is going to be an ARM Device, and run iOS apps natively. Any of you out there thinking of cancelling/returning your 2020 and waiting?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    How would you use your Mac differently if all of your iOS Games and Apps ran natively on your MacBook? Would this decrease your usecase for your iPad? I'm gonna ride it out with my 2020... but I am curious to know what others are thinking.

    submitted by /u/papadoc55
    [link] [comments]

    Everything Apple Announced at WWDC 2020: iOS 14, iPadOS 14,MacOS Big Sur, New Mac Chips and everything else.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    Price to sell a used 2013-2014 MacBook

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    Greetings

    I've gotten a used MacBook for free from my work and have a friend who I'm looking to sell it to, but I've only sold Windows laptops and custom built PC's and as such, have no clue what to price this at.

    Specs are as follows:

    i5 2.6 GHz Dual Core

    8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz

    Intel HD 4000 1.5 GB Graphics

    256 GB SSD

    macOS Catalina

    Retina display(?)

    Near factory-new condition, no scratches or blemishes.

    As stated, I don't know jack about Macs. What's a reasonable amount to sell this for, with charger included?

    submitted by /u/screamingskeletons
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaning My MacBook After 16800 Hours of Use

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Upgrade or buy a new MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    I have a 13" MacBook Pro (early 2011 with a 500 GB SATA HDD, Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core and 4 GB DDR3 RAM) running Yosemite. I've noticed that it's super slow (not a surprise, given it's age). I'm thinking of swapping the HDD to 256GB SSD and increasing the RAM to 16GB. Just after some advice on whether it's a good idea to invest in this to make my laptop faster (will cost me around $450-500 for this upgrade) or best to save some money and get a newer laptop (around $2400-2600)

    I'm not running any video editing applications or games which are heavy on memory. I only use it for general web browsing and Microsoft office.

    Any advice on which way to go?

    submitted by /u/slashnz
    [link] [comments]

    Will the 16 in MBP refresh have a new AMD GPU series in it? Do you guys think it will come this year?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    I'm debating whether to get the new base model 16 in MBP (i7/5300m) today or wait it out. I currently have a 13" 2016 MBP (2.0 ghz 2 thunderbolt 3 port version).

    The GPU (if it's even being refreshed this year besides the 5600m which is too expensive) would be the only reason I'd want to wait right? Because even if they stayed on Intel it's not like 10th gen is a huge performance increase over 9th gen. And in the case they went to ARM I don't want to be an early adopter anyways.

    submitted by /u/phancdp
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Air keeps making the typing sound when I don’t touch it, other than that everything works fine. Bought 2 years ago - is it time to replace?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Do you guys think there will be a patcher when Big Sur gets out that will let us put it on older devices?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    2020 MACBOOK PRO ADVICE!!!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    I'm looking at getting a 2020 MacBook Pro. Is it better to wait and see if there will be a ARM Pro later this year, or just get one right now?

    submitted by /u/GreenArrow05
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 12, 2017 model - is it a good purchase?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Hi there, I've found a second hand bargain in the form of a MacBook 12 inch, base configuration, 2017 model (the last model year). I have the last MacBook Pro 15 inch model year and love it but I want something a little smaller for light work (writing, web browsing, check e-mails) to carry with me during trips all over the country. I really like the Butterfly switches so that's not a problem.

    It's got a UK keyboard but the owner says that it's got some issues and well as the trackpad. Also it's got problems with WiFi and Bluetooth, as they won't turn on.

    I was thinking of replacing the keyboard through Apple Support for the Butterfly switches, but I am now having second thoughts about the connectivity issues - can the WiFi and Bluetooth be replaced or is it too much of a hassle to do? (eg: Brand new motherboard or even a MacBook and a rather big bill on the side of it?)

    I can replace the keyboard myself, having already spent some time looking the needed parts to do it but having a laptop which I cannot use wirelessly has got me thinking perhaps it's not such a good deal as I once thought.

    I am happy to hear your answers and suggestions, Thanks in the advance!

    submitted by /u/joaquimmiguelpereira
    [link] [comments]

    CMV: Purchasing a MacBook Air or 16-inch MacBook Pro right now is purchasing a devices with major design flaw(s)

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    If you've been on the fence of purchasing the MacBook Air, I suggest you watch the Linus Tech Tips video on thermal cooling experiments with keeping the laptop cool. It ultimately could have 15-20% better performance, then hits power design issues. In the event of the 16-inch MacBook Pro, the CPU + GPU cannot both be run at their max specifications at the same time, leading to relative dismal performance in games (currently thought due to VRM temperature issues). These issues should be addressed by Apple before anyone purchases one of these two products.

    Source: I have a 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro i9-5500m 4GB, 2018 15" MacBook Pro 555x 4GB, 2018 MacBook Air, 2016 MacBook Air, two 2020 iPad Pro 12.9", one 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", one 2018 iPad 9.7", two iPhone 11 Pro Max, one iPhone 7 Plus, one HomePod, and probably other Apple devices laying around.

    submitted by /u/deadspider187
    [link] [comments]

    How to add keyboard quick typing in touch bar for MS office apps?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    How to add keyboard quick typing in touch bar for MS office apps?

    Hi Everyone

    I just want to know if it possible to activate keyboard quick typing for Word/Outlook using touch bar features like Apple Pages and Keynote, I really hope there is a solution even with third application apps.

    Currently I write in Apple Note app then I move it to MS Word.

    Quick typing using MacBook touch bar

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/abdusarah
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 2020 i5 vs MBP 2020 Base

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    Looking for a computer that will last long. Heard about the CPU heat issue in the MBA. Looking for longevity where I browse web, use excel and may dabble into photography and video editing. Please let me know what I should get. I'm also in college so I do like multitask a lot. I am an aspiring entrepreneur and also lawyer so please let me know what would be the best bang for my buck. I'm looking to either get 2020 MBA with i5 or base model 2020 MBP. Lmk suggestions

    submitted by /u/dbirts09
    [link] [comments]

    How To Format an External Hard Drive for Mac - Tutorial 2020

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    My 2011 MacBook Pro randomly shut off a few hours ago. Now it will begin booting up (with a green loading bar?) and midway through the screen turns white and it shuts off again. Haven’t seen this anywhere else and was wondering if any of you fine folks have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    2019 16" Macbook going into reboot loop

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    So, my 2019 Macbook started going into a reboot loop. I cannot boot into safe mode, but I can boot into restore mode. Microcenter service desk seemed to think likely fix would be to wipe and reinstall from Catalina.

    My last time machine backup for this is a few months ago. If I want to get a snapshot of data currently on there, is a way to do that (via booting with Linux USB drive or some other way)?

    Any tips/suggestions welcome.

    submitted by /u/seanleblanc2015
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my macbook mid 2014 make this noise? Need help

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Upgrade 2016 Macbook Pro to 2020 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Trying to compare specs between the two and decide if it's worth selling the old 2016 Pro and purchasing a new 2020 Air while I have access to a student discount. I use the 2016 Pro as a daily driver for lightweight design work, Google docs, email, web, watching movies, etc. I'm not doing any heavy-duty film processing or graphic processer intensive work.

    2016 Pro specs:

    • 256GB storage
    • 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
    • 8GB ram
    • Butterfly keyboard

    The 2016 Pro is in good shape, although the battery is getting a bit old. I'm also worried that the butterfly keyboard could fail in the next year, resulting in a high repair cost. Apple estimated a ~$400 trade-in for the Pro, and it looks like the resale value on eBay is $500-800 so it wouldn't cost much to purchase the new Air ($899 with a student discount).

    2020 Air specs:

    • 256GB storage
    • 1.1GHz dual-core 10th-generation Intel Core i3
    • Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
    • 8GB ram
    • Magic keyboard

    Is there any downside of the new Air vs the old Pro I should consider? Or is it a waste of money for minimal upgrade benefits?

    submitted by /u/mtbr360
    [link] [comments]

    I just dropped my computer, I was thinking of putting super glue on the sides to prevent stuff from getting in. What should I do?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Should I buy a Cover for a 2012 macbook pro

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    I have read a lot of things about buying covers and keyboard covers for a laptop to help protect it and stuff but I was wondering if people actually use them and if theyre worth it

    submitted by /u/buzzlightyearsr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel