• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    Apple Help iOS 14 invitation mail? Legit or fake?

    Apple Help iOS 14 invitation mail? Legit or fake?


    iOS 14 invitation mail? Legit or fake?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    How are you actually supposed to set up an iPad that's for a purpose not a person?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    So we have a small number (maybe 3) iPads at my organisation that are "utility iPads". Devices that are used for a small number of tasks and don't have any kind of connection to specific individuals. Things like a POS terminal and a sound mixer.

    How am I supposed to set them up? I could make an "account" registered to a "person" and just leave it there, but that means creating a personal account for a non-existant person. There's got to be a better way to do this!

    I've gotten so far as to set up an MDM, but it still wants me to sign in with some kind of AppleID before I can download any apps. We have an Apple Business Manager account, but logging in with one of those doesn't help (still can't download apps) and more to the point those are personal accounts within the organisation, which is exactly what I wanted to avoid! How am I supposed to solve this? Is there even a way to not associate the device with an individual? I could log in, download the apps we need, and then sign out, but then it won't get updates, right?

    Solved (ish): Setting up a VPP (Volume Purchasing Program) allowed me to load apps to the device without being logged in to an account! Still not sure how to do backups (since it now has no account), but that's not really important. It shouldn't really have any data on it after all.

    submitted by /u/Nighthunter007
    [link] [comments]

    When I put on this wallpaper the iOS font becomes purple for some reason

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    Should I upgrade the battery of my early 2013 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I've got an early 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro that shows Service Recommended for the battery. CoconutBattery shows the capacity is at 71% and it has 423 cycles. Occasionally the screen turns black, but otherwise it works well. I've been considering upgrading the battery, but since it's not eligible to upgrade to Big Sur and I'm well below the max cycle count, I'm wondering if I should hold off until I can upgrade. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/picpak
    [link] [comments]

    How to Update OS on MacBook Air 13 Mid 2011?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    Few days ago I realized my sister was still running Mavericks on her MacBook Air. I tried updating it to El Capitan for the sake of staying as up to date as possible.

    I tried downloading El Captan from the App Store. The installer ran and basically I was stuck in a boot loop. The error was "macos could not be installed on your computer." When I retried the installation, it would say that there was a file missing.

    I managed to finally get out of the boot loop by re-installing OS X Lion, which is the OS X my Macbook Air shipped with.

    I then tried to download and install El Capitan one more time, again from the App Store, thinking the first time was just bad luck. But the same thing happened. So I re-installed Lion once again.

    How can I update the OS on this Macbook Air? It's on Lion right now.

    submitted by /u/uaintgotnoalibiuugly
    [link] [comments]

    How can i login back to my Apple ID?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I don't know if this is the right subreddit for this question, but i've recentley logged out of my Apple ID and i want to login back again but i don't have access to the number i've used to create my Apple ID with it but i have access to everything else, what can i do?

    submitted by /u/CptDeXeRr
    [link] [comments]

    Some of keys in my bluetooth keyboard stopped working out-of-nowhere and have tried everything to fix it.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I'm not sure what happened. It was working then I put it in my backpack and it stopped. I think it somehow changed it's settings but I have tried everything and doesnt work. I marked in red which keys dont do anything anymore. And whenever I use right shift + enter/return it will mute whatever video I'm playing in my second monitor and still go to the next line.

    https://imgur.com/a/YASxd5m

    submitted by /u/elguitarro
    [link] [comments]

    Someone tried using my Apple ID

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    Earlier today I got an Apple ID sign in request saying my Apple ID was being used to sign into a device in Tehran, Iran. I changed my password and didn't allow access. Am I good and not about to be hacked or should I do more? I think I'm safe but I'm a little worried and just need confirmation that it's ok now. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/sharkphilosophy
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID on another phone for Game Center

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    I used my Game Center to log in on a friends phone so they could have a game I used to play with all the stuff I unlocked.

    Even though their different phone doesn't have iCloud or used a different ID for the App Store and stuff could they sync it with my account and get access to my photos and other iCloud stuff? Or would only singing into Game Center with my Apple ID on their phone only give them access to my Apple ID as a Game Center account restrict them to only Game Center with my ID

    submitted by /u/Oilupto
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine Back up - 1 drive 2 computers ?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    Hey!

    So I have 2 macbook pros that needs an HD upgrade.

    First one is a retina 256 go MB pro - I already ordered and receive it's new 1 tb ssd.

    2nd one is a unibody MB Pro - I already have the 500 go SSD I want to put in it and it came with a USB case.

    1st one already has everything installed on the 256 go drive. I would like to use time machine to back it up, and restore it on the new 1 TB SSD.

    Is it possible to use time machine to do this and put the backup in the new 500 go SSD (plugged in usb). Then once it is done transfering on the 1st macbook pro, simply put the 500 Go SSD in the unibody and install a boot there too ?

    Or do I have to wipe it clean in order to install the OS on it ? If so, how would I restore the settings and such, on the 2nd computer ?

    Hope this isn't getting to confusing, I'm trying to save having to buy another drive for external purposes!

    submitted by /u/GoldLionStudio
    [link] [comments]

    SOS ~2011 MacBook Pro factory reset problem

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    2.53ghz Core 2 duo processor capability

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Hi I'm looking at buying a MacBook to repair with a 2.53ghz core 2 duo processor for gaming like Roblox. Could a processor like that handle it or would it be better to get a core i5 or i7.

    submitted by /u/BoganBall1
    [link] [comments]

    Magic keyboard battery cap issue

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    I recently bought it from eBay and it turned out to have stuck battery cap. Would Apple store lend me a hand to fix this battery cap issue / opening this damn cap lol I should've just get a logitech Bluetooth keyboard Thx and any advices would be helpful

    submitted by /u/Chosj201198
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Terrible Battery Life

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    I have a 2016 13" MacBook Pro. The battery health is 96% but it can barely last 2-3 hours with me not even having a single app open. Is this something that I should contact Apple with or is this a common issue??? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Adventurous_Comment
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of screen protector should I put on my iPad Pro that is suitable for taking notes?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    I'm getting an iPad Pro for college and I've seen a lot of people getting paper like screen protectors. I plan on mainly using my iPad for taking notes and entertainment, rather than drawing. Should I get the paper like screen protector or just a regular tempered glass one?

    submitted by /u/MadeMust
    [link] [comments]

    AT&T TV now and FOX channel Apple TV integration

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 13" HDMI issue

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Whenever I try to connect my MBP (2019, touchbar) to an HDMI monitor, it will disconnect at random intervals, it will just stop giving any HDMI output for random amounts of time. I can't get it to reconnect unless I just wait a few hours for it to let me connect. please help :)

    submitted by /u/joshmcguigan_
    [link] [comments]

    How long does it take for water corrosion to appear upon water spill?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    Months ago, if I recall correctly 6+ months ago, I was drinking water and a splash or water fell into the keyboard, it was a small mount of water but I panicked I flipped it upside down and turn it off, tried to absorb all the water by putting a paper towel beneath, left it like that for like an hour and then turn it back on and it worked like normal, everything normal until now. Today I woke up and the computer shut down for what i think it may have been low battery, then it took a long time to charge and well it got to 30% it stopped recognizing the charger, the MagSafe light did not turn amber and dtayed in green, i twisted my cable to see if it was the wiring peeling but it worked again, I left it to charge and the same time happen once it got to 75% then it stopped charging, but again moved the cable a bit, an reconecting until it worked again, now it charged to its full 100%. I honestly dont know whats wrong with my computer and by searching I came up with instances were water damage caused this, so I'm assuming maybe that one time got me to this problem. Does anyone have similar experiences or advice? Is the water spilling link to my problem? Btw, cycle count is at 840 cycles and my charging cable is in pretty used condition, and I already did PRAM and SMC reset but afraid it might hapoen again.

    submitted by /u/hog_washin
    [link] [comments]

    Photos App Photos Tab vs Camera Roll in Albums Tab

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    What's the difference between these two places for photos? I've noticed some photos that show up in camera roll in the albums tab do not appear in the photos tab.

    What determines where a photo will go?

    I'm not using iCloud Photo Library

    submitted by /u/fectic
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 2017 Target Display Mode Q&A + help

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    I recently purchased an iMac 21.5 inch (2017) because my old Dell monitor wasn't cutting it for me.

    I went on Apples website and chatted in to make sure I purchased everything I needed and the sales rep told me what to buy and how I could use the iMac as a screen display for my MacBook Air (2018) (I want my MacBook to show on my iMac screen)

    After purchasing the iMac and thunderbolt 3 cable, I could not figure out how to get this darn thing connected so I chatted in to support and was advised to purchase 2 other adapters.

    I purchased a thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapater but not the cable and then was told that this iMac 2017 could not be used for target display mode since they stopped this after 2014.

    Well after many hours with their support team and many purchases later....I've lost all hope so I'm seeking any advice or direction on how to make this work (if I can — my friend has a 2015 iMac on the most recent OS and can do this just fine)

    Can someone please advise? Thank you in advance!!!

    submitted by /u/briannax673
    [link] [comments]

    2008 iMac black display help. Is this the issue?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    iOS 14 back to 13

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    So I've got a bit of an issue. So as expected some apps don't work in iOS 14 and I would enjoy using those again as last time these apps functioned fine with the beta so I need to rollback. I had saved a backup of my phone beforehand and assumed everything was fine and went to iOS 14. However I didn't see a spot to input a password even prompt. So now when I want to roll back to iOS 13 I cannot. However I do see that I can reset the thing to factory. Am I correct in believing that if I do a new back up on iOS 14 and set a new password. Reset to past iOS through factory reset and reapply the latest backup that I'd be finally back to old iOS 13 with all my old stuff? Thanks, Apple stuff has never been my strong suit. Appreciate it!

    Edit: I am also on iPhoneXS if that does anything to help which I doubt it does.

    submitted by /u/AmazingSupDawg
    [link] [comments]

    Unresponsive iPhone 11 screen, need some help

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    iPhone 11 screen not responsive

    I have had my iPhone 11 for about a month now and as of today I am noticing that sometimes my screen becomes unresponsive. It won't open what I am clicking I.e when I punch my code in it does it register and as I am typing right now it freezes. I have not dropped or tampered with my phone at all. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/1-phil-1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X not receiving notifications for messages while phone is unlocked

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I've never posted here so I hope this is the right place! Whenever my phone is unlocked and I'm scrolling through social media and someone texts me, I don't receive a notification. I've tried playing with notification settings and restarting the phone but it still didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/bgswinging
    [link] [comments]

    Do any lightning to hdmi adapters still work with netflix/hulu/etc on ios?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    is it from third party ones not supporting hdcp? does the official adapter still work?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/_QUAKE_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel