• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Apple Macbook 2020 Macbook Air 13" i3 vs ARM

    Apple Macbook 2020 Macbook Air 13" i3 vs ARM


    2020 Macbook Air 13" i3 vs ARM

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    I've seen on Apple's website that they are now selling the 2020 Macbook Air with Airpods at $900 for students, and I was wondering if I should buy that now or just wait until the ARM processors release for the Macbook Air in possibly 2021.

    I have a 2012 Macbook Pro right now, and looking to upgrade for work, so is ARM worth the wait or should I go with the current gen and airpods right now?

    I've also heard that the first gen of everything always has flaws, so I am hesitant on waiting. But I've also taken note that Apple may stop supporting x86 just a few years after the release of ARM.

    Thank you everyone for your help!

    submitted by /u/joon0301
    [link] [comments]

    MBP or MBA?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    I'm considering either the base level entry MBP model or the MBA i5 with 256GB.

    Aside from writing papers, some video calls, and running spreadsheets for school, I also write novels and do a moderate level of digital art on Photoshop as a hobby.

    If I go with the Air, I will likely also get an IPad for the art so I don't bog the air down with something so intensive, but if I go with the pro, I'll have to remain with my current screen-less drawing tablet, as adding an Ipad with this option is out of my budget.

    (EDIT) IPad Pro isn't an option, Scrivener (the software I use to write novels) isn't as good on the IPadOS as it is on the MacOS

    Any advice? This will also my very first Macbook, I'm tired of the unreliability of the PCs i've had over the years.

    submitted by /u/ambrxxsia
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that lets you write notes/to-dos in the Notification Center sidebar?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    I would like to be able to quickly take notes from anywhere (full-screen apps too ). Most of my work is online research. I want to be able to see the rest of my screen while taking notes, so the sidebar would work perfectly. Otherwise, I'd have to open up a notes app and resize/rearrange my windows, which is a waste of time.

    The only widget I could find on the App Store was Todoist, which may fulfill my to-do list needs but won't allow me to jot down quick notes.

    I'm also open to other suggestions that don't disrupt my workflow.

    submitted by /u/durrrrtydan
    [link] [comments]

    Smarter just to get the entry-level MBP or MBA with i5?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    I'm considering buying either a MBP or MBA (see my previous post-the iPad is out of the running). I am wondering if it would make most financial sense to get the entry-level MBP or upgrade the base model of the MBA to i5 and 256GB. Both retail for the same where I am.

    I'm a writer who does document creation/editing, but I am also wondering if the MBP is better just because then I can "future-proof" myself and have a reliable machine that lasts a good 7-8 years.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/tea_and_milk
    [link] [comments]

    Sleeve for MacBook Pro and iPad Pro

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Does anyone know any laptop sleeves that I can store both a 13 inch MacBook Pro, 11 inch iPad Pro and maybe a pocket for an adapter, charger and mouse? I looked everywhere with no luck. I like to use sidecar whenever I travel. Don't feel like carrying my backpack everywhere. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/kikjuicer
    [link] [comments]

    I’m suggesting my design for the new logo of this subreddit!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    I have AUS 2k to spend, I mostly just browse the internet, watch movies and write. Which Macbook should I buy?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Which is the best value, most durable model? Should I look at second hand models to save money or stick to brand new? Year models to avoid etc?

    submitted by /u/takemetothenasties
    [link] [comments]

    Why is MacBook Pro draining battery while charging with only safari open(I even see the lightning symbol).

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    2019 Macbook Pro 15.4 i9 16GB ram vs 2020 Macbook Pro 13 i5 2.0 16GB ram

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I'm a 'typical' software developer student, i do web, mobile and some light game development.

    I have this two options to buy, same price:

    • 2019 Macbook Pro 15.4 i9 16GB RAM
    • 2020 Macbook Pro 13 i5 2.0 16GB RAM

    Which one should I buy?

    submitted by /u/NotAnAlias_
    [link] [comments]

    safe finder virus how to remove

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    I been getting pissed for months because I want google to be my search engine but it always goes to yahoo search safe finder explore whatever. I googled it and it says it's a virus? I feel a little violated because my laptop has changed on its own since i'm new to owning macs and it confuses me a lot. how do I remove it? i'd rather not download anything else on my laptop I have no memory. thanks

    submitted by /u/ur-moms-pancake-nips
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    My reasons

    • Perfect screen, touchpad, good keyboard

    • I spend a lot of time on my computer and using a MacBook would make it an even more fun experience

    • Looks sexy, great quality device

    • Maybe Mac OS would give me a better experience

    • My 9 year old Windows desktop works fine for office style stuff

    • The most resource hungry tasks I have are Photoshop and video editing (1080p phone video) but these on amateur level and Im okay with not having video editing if lets say its incapable of that.

    • Most people say it still works very well

    My reasons AGAINST

    • Repairability is crap and expensive (Louis Rossmann)
    • its too fragile. I would take good care of it but Im mad that dust and some water spill can break the machine
    • Price? From $970 to $1130 I could find 16 GB RAM versions of them. (Im from European country) They keep their price for reselling so thats good.

    Biggest AGAINST * As if what I listed wasn't that bad enough, I have something bothering me. Lately I've been thinking a lot about being smart with money and only having what I need and sustainability. I feel like I fell victim to the marketing and Im buying something I dont need. Is the MacBook Pro really better than other laptops (2015 ones) and worth the extra or it should be handled as a luxury item?

    (I dont have other Apple devices, nor need any Mac exclusive app)

    submitted by /u/Hedi-is-based
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Pro case

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Why is there no good case available for the newly released MacBook Pro 13 inch? I just got mine and I feel anxiety whenever I use it on my bed or take it somewhere. I am looking for a case that has no logo cutout and preferably sheer or clear.

    submitted by /u/kikjuicer
    [link] [comments]

    Best Buy and AppleCare+

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    Just ordered the new 2020 13 inch MBP from Best Buy ($200 discount FTW!), but it isn't set to ship until June 26. Will I have any issues adding AppleCare+ ? Would prefer adding AppleCare directly with Apple bc of the student discount.

    submitted by /u/heygoldy
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to transfer everything from 1st gen MacBook to a 2020 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    My mom is on the fence about getting a new MacBook Air for her school work as a teacher but she only has the base 1st gen MacBook that honestly is an antique at this point is it possible to transfer everything on there to a new 2020 model? Or would it be a waste of time? And if so how do you do it? The only thing stopping her from getting it would be if she can't transfer.

    submitted by /u/KindergartenGrammar
    [link] [comments]

    To both 2020 MBA/MBP users, what’s your temps like using zoom?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    MacBook Air 2020 i5/8g ram, 4 days old computer.

    Mine goes to 90-95C in a three person video call, no external monitor used. Is this normal? I'm seriously considering switching to a MBP because I have to use zoom daily for work...

    submitted by /u/achshort
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded Air or base MacBook Pro

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    I know this is a question that's been asked countless times but I'm just wondering if anybody can speak to the best angle to approach this. I'm looking for a MacBook that will last me a long time. My needs are fairly minor, it's just for doing basic spreadsheets/typing/browsing for work and at home. I've heard the criticism of the new Air and it's thermals but for me I feel like RAM is a more pressing concern, as I want this to be future proof and be able to have a lot of applications open.

    My options are basically the i5 Air upgraded to 16gb RAM, or the base MacBook Pro with 8gb. They're both the same price through my employee discount. I don't anticipate needing the RAM now, but that seems like it could eventually be more of a bottleneck in the future than the CPU, seeing as I'm not doing video/photo editing or anything. Anybody with experience with the i5 Air had any problems with thermals when it comes to just basic stuff (I seriously doubt I'll be watching much 4k video on it, for example). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bymerej
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 13" dilemma with ARM coming in the next years

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    I finally decided to buy a MBP 2 ports and while I am waiting for the Back to School deals(10% and airpods sounds nice), I was wondering if it is still worth to put 8gb extra of RAM into the pc with the new ARM coming in the next years. What I am saying is that I could avoid putting 250€ into +8gb ram to save for next years when I am going to buy a new MBP with ARM. Is the base model decent for 3-4 years or should I opt for the 8gb bonus?

    I usually watch some yt, netflix, some minecraft with the boys, code something and I think I am going to need Bootcamp to use Win10. What do you guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/Filotto
    [link] [comments]

    2019 Macbook 15 inch, getting only 3-3.5 hours of battery life. Is this normal for usage(mentioned in description)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I work as a software engineer.

    So consider two windows of chrome with 20 tabs and an IDE open. Along with vlc media player. So you could say heavy usage, but not as heavy as processing video or something

    submitted by /u/datavinci
    [link] [comments]

    2018 MB Pro battery swelling, Apple store said they'll fix it. Anyone gone through this process before?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I'm just wondering what happens when they 'repair' MacBooks like mine. Do they swap out the battery and a new case? Potential for a straight up replacement? How long does it take them?

    submitted by /u/loginlogan7
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13 inch vs 16 inch model?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm going to upgrade my 2017 13 inch MBP and I'm confused between the following two variants :

    MacBook Pro 16-inch Touch Bar 2.6GHz 6core 9th Gen i7 processor, 512GB - 16 GB RAM

    MacBook Pro 13-inch Touch Bar 2 GHz Quad core 10th Gen i5 processor, 1TB - 16 GB RAM

    Both of these models fit my price range and since I live in India, the option of configuring specifics like increasing the RAM, CPU or SSD separately are sadly not available. Having used the 13 inch for the past 3 years, I've grown quite fond of it's compact size but I don't travel much so the 16 inch shouldn't be an issue since it is only a pound heavier. The 16 inch comes with the 6 core i7 compared to the quad core i5 whereas the 13 inch comes with 1TB compared to the 16 inch's 512 GB (its 1 TB version is out of my budget).

    I'll mainly be coding (Currently delving into iOS but also want to try my hand at Python specifically for data science so a lot of ML and also web dev), and other than that web browsing, basic MS Office work for office and watching shows and listening to music. So which of these 2 models would be better for my needs? The CPU and screen size upgrade or the larger SSD? Also, if any of these models face any cooling issues and stuff like that, please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/neel97_x
    [link] [comments]

    Case for 2018 Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    I have a 2018 Macbook Pro 13" with touch bar and am looking for a plastic snap-on case. I purchased one in the past on amazon and while I loved the look of it the material would show oily fingerprints anytime you touched it. This seems to be the case with most of them from what I can find in reviews... any recommendations? I know the apple store sells them but I'm not interested in spending nearly $100 on a piece of plastic so I'm looking for alternatives. I want something plain no patterns or images or anything like that.

    submitted by /u/hanster9000
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with 2013 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Problems with 2013 MacBook Pro

    Hi. I have a MacBook Pro that on startup is giving me broad lines like what's shown until it loads about 3/4 of the way, then it just goes to a light gray screen. Once it goes to this screen, it gets stuck and won't do anything else. Anyone else have this problem happen to them?

    https://preview.redd.it/0tdj12cglp551.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0fc72417f62cad0fca1ae6defe46bd707482757d

    submitted by /u/Old_West_Bobby
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new to MacBooks and in my searches noticed that connecting an external mic to a MacBook seemed to be over complicated. I made a guide for how to connect an external mic to your MacBook Pro (even if you only have USBC ports) without a TRRS adapter. Hope this helps someone!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel