• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 18, 2020

    Apple Help I bought a new 2018 Mac Mini, the display is a Samsung 24” LED FHD FreeSync Monitor. Every now and then, when I wake the computer up, enter my password, and enter the desktop, this screen pops up. It goes away when I switch the monitor inputs away and back to the HDMI. Is my monitor or CPU busted?

    Apple Help I bought a new 2018 Mac Mini, the display is a Samsung 24” LED FHD FreeSync Monitor. Every now and then, when I wake the computer up, enter my password, and enter the desktop, this screen pops up. It goes away when I switch the monitor inputs away and back to the HDMI. Is my monitor or CPU busted?


    I bought a new 2018 Mac Mini, the display is a Samsung 24” LED FHD FreeSync Monitor. Every now and then, when I wake the computer up, enter my password, and enter the desktop, this screen pops up. It goes away when I switch the monitor inputs away and back to the HDMI. Is my monitor or CPU busted?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Bought unlocked iPhone SE 2020 from Apple Online Store in US, came non-localized

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    Bought unlocked iPhone SE 2020 directly from Apple online store. When setting it up for country selection, had to scroll through all countries to select US. Next, in the Apple Pay screen, Shanghai transit pass (or something similar) was already populated. Eventually I did an erase all data and apps on it, and the second time it seemed to be localized properly.

    Tried looking at unboxing videos and it seems like everyone I can find has proper localization.

    Wondering if anyone has seen this before, or if a I got a return or something weird. I feel paranoid about it for some reason.

    submitted by /u/theHomers
    [link] [comments]

    Are App updates staggered between users?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    My girlfriend and I are both have an iPhone XS running 13.5.1 yet some of her apps update before mine. The most recent example of this is TikTok where she has access to the "Learn" page and I do not.

    submitted by /u/throwaway77167
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad pro frozen, soft reset won't work

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    Hello! I am having some issues with my ipad pro 2019. It died as it reached 0% and now it refuses to turn on (it's frozen on charging screen).

    I tried soft reseting, but it doesn't work.

    I also tried to connect it to itunes (as some answers online said it worked on fixing this issue) but I hand´t previously paired it, as I never use the app, so I am a bit lost on what to do.

    submitted by /u/Magical_Piglet
    [link] [comments]

    Midi keyboard not working on Mac

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Idk if tis is the right place to ask this, but here we go anyway. I just bought an Alesis v49 and can't seem to get it to connect to my computer (2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch) at all. When I plug it in, the keyboard light up, indicating power, but when I open logic or even the Audio midi setup app, the keyboard isn't there. I've tired turning the computer on and off, different cables, quitting and restarting my DAW, none of which have worked. Any suggestions? Also, if this is the wrong subreddit to post this question, please direct me to the correct one.

    submitted by /u/PyeNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I buy a new charger, it works perfect for a day or two, then stops working?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    So I had this charger (Apple brand) and after a long period it broke, fair enough as it had served me well. So I went out to buy a new one, this time opting for non Apple brand, and it worked perfect, BUT within 3 days it stopped working. I thought It was just a bad charger so I borrowed one of someone I lived with, sure enough it worked perfect for a couple days, then stopped working. I bought another charger and today is my second day with it, and it happened again. All three chargers in question have been different brands, I've used different outlets. I have no idea how/what causes every charger to work fine and then as if on cue die within just days. It's so frustrating

    Details: IPhone 6s, newest IOS, phone has no other issues and has not gone though any "trauma" like a big fall or water dunk recently

    submitted by /u/relicannot
    [link] [comments]

    After how many times of entering incorrect password does the iphone automatically wipe its memory?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    I have an old iphone 7 that Im trying to access but Ive forgotten my passcode, I have a list of maybe 15 or so combinations that Id like to attempt, but Im worried that if I go over a certain amount of attempts that it will trigger the memory-delete function.

    Does anyone know if that is true and how many attempts it will take to trigger that, and if will give you a heads up before doing so??

    (Note: I don't remember which iOS I had on my iPhone, in case that makes a difference)

    submitted by /u/bennilam
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Lightning HDMI adapter is poop

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    Hey there! First time poster here. I purchased one of these pieces of hardware about six months ago and I was really hoping to get much more out of it. I barely used it and I feel like there should be a way to maybe fortify the cord or the whole device in general.

    Or maybe are there good alternatives that dont do the whole Apple shtick "tHiS aCcEsSoRy IsN't SuPpOrTeD..."

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Speef18
    [link] [comments]

    Standby battery drain isn't nearly as good as it used to be, even on brand new MacBook?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I got my 2020 MacBook Pro 13" a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I've upgraded from a 2015 Pro 13" and the performance jump from dual-core to quad and 8gb of ram to 16 is huge, yet I'm amazed at the power efficiency of the new machine, lasting much much longer under the same workload. However, standby power usage can only be described as strange.

    My first ever MacBook was a 2013 Air and the standby battery could only be described as legendary. I would charge that thing up, leave it for a week, and come back to it being only a couple % discharged if not at the complete charged I left it with, never remember this amazing standby battery life degrading either. For the last year or so of using the 2015 Pro, I would constantly be losing ~15% overnight. I always chalked this the battery just being 5 years old, even though I took very good care of it and it had, relatively, very low cycles for it's age, never once thought it was a software issue because of my great standby battery life experience I always got with my Air.

    Come to now with my 2020 machine and I'm still consistently losing %10-15 overnight?! I thought this specific issue would be alleviated with a brand new machine/battery. It must be a software issue. Researching this, it appears that bad standby battery drain was a big issue around the launch of Mojave, but considering that was almost 2 years ago it should have been fixed by now right? I'm on an, obviously, brand new installation of Catalina, no restore from backup, no obscure settings changes, only programs I've installed so far are Chrome, Spotify, and a few things I need for work, but nothing that runs contently, on startup, or in the background and I religiously quit programs I'm not using and quit all before closing the lid.

    I got my 2020 MacBook Pro 13" a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I've upgraded from a 2015 Pro 13" and the performance jump from dual-core to quad and 8gb of ram to 16 is huge, yet I'm amazed at the power efficiency of the new machine, lasting much much longer under the same workload. However, standby power usage can only be described as strange, and both machines are on 10.15.5.

    My first ever MacBook was a 2013 Air and the standby battery could only be described as legendary. I would charge that thing up, leave it for a week, and come back to it being only a couple % discharged if not at the complete charged I left it with, never remember this amazing standby battery life degrading either. For the last year or so of using the 2015 Pro, I would constantly be losing ~15% overnight. I always chalked this the battery just being 5 years old, even though I took very good care of it and it had, relatively, very low cycles for it's age, never once thought it was a software issue because of my great standby battery life experience I always got with my Air.

    Come to now with my 2020 machine and I'm still consistently losing %10-15 overnight?! I thought this specific issue would be alleviated with a brand new machine/battery. It must be a software issue. Researching this, it appears that bad standby battery drain was a big issue around the launch of Mojave, but considering that was almost 2 years ago it should have been fixed by now right? I'm on an, obviously, brand new installation of Catalina, no restore from backup, no obscure settings changes, only programs I've installed so far are Chrome, Spotify, and a few things I need for work, but nothing that runs contently, on startup, or in the background and I religiously quit programs I'm not using and quit all before closing the lid.

    Most guides on how to 'fix' this say to use the terminal commands to check that you're using the proper hibernate and standby settings and all of my settings match these guides? I just don't understand how my Air used to get amazing standby battery life, and now 2 Pro's later it sucks, what could Apple have changed, and is there any fix? Thank you for any information/advice!

    submitted by /u/tman2damax11
    [link] [comments]

    Recently purchased a Mac, but now you can get free AirPods with purchase of a Mac, what to do?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    So I recently bought a Mac and it's currently being shipped. Today I see that Apple is offering student promotion where you can get free AirPods with the purchase of a Mac. Do you think I can call Apple and get the free AirPods seeing as I just ordered a Mac and this promotion rolled up? Or am I stuck with returning this one and buying it again to get the AirPods?

    submitted by /u/mushu_thedragon
    [link] [comments]

    Can It Really Be Done by the average joe??

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    So i have a 21.5" 2017 iMac 4k Retina Display Quad Core i5 3.0Ghz with 8GBS of RAM...I understand that if I had just purchased the 27.5" model of the same year/model computer, there is a door in the back of the computer the power cord where there is EASY access to upgrade the RAM simply by opening it and switching the memory cards using the slots easily accessible from this door or latch.

    However as you've probably guessed by now my model does not have that and the only way to upgrade the RAM on my model is to remove the screen, and from there pretty much everything underneath. I spoke to apple and they have apple certified tech companies all over that charge to do it for you and since they're apple certified, my warranty would remain intact. I called the nearest one to me and they told me the job to bump me up to 16GBS would be close to 700$ and I find that a little ridiculous considering I asked how much it would cost if I purchased the RAM myself and let them install it, the price would only be for the labor and only cost close to 200$. Which means they're suggesting the RAM they would put in costs 500$ and I know that isn't the case. I know 2 sticks of OCW or OWC memory sticks (8gbs each) only costs a little over 100$ so I feel like they're just ripping me off.

    So I see these videos and DIY kits that cost half the price and Im wondering if anyone has successfully done it themselves, or if the average guy who can follow a step by step process could accomplish what looks like a very scary process considering if I break it Im super screwed. Any responses and advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jace_avb
    [link] [comments]

    *Help* AirPods 2nd-Gen not showing up in Find My?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    Hi all, I bought the second-gen AirPods a while back, slightly after the AirPods Pro launch since I didn't need noise cancelling.

    I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.1 that was still working when I first got the AirPods, a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.4, and also my 2nd-gen AirPods with Wireless Charging case.

    When I bought it, I found out that my AirPods did not show up in the Find My app on my Mac, or the Find My iPhone section on iCloud.com. I disregarded it, but then recently, after losing my left AirPod in my house, I realised that as useless as some people might've said it was, it was probably still helpful to have Find My enabled/activated on my AirPods. Luckily, I managed to find it, but it would still be great if I could see my AirPods in the Find My app.

    A few points below

    - Find My iPhone/Mac and location services had been/are activated on both of my devices

    - I've connected my AirPods to both of my devices are both are using the same Apple ID

    - Even while connected to my Mac via bluetooth, my AirPods will not show up in both the Find My map nor the list of devices

    - My AirPods don't show up either if they are inside the case, outside the case, in my ears, or disconnected to my Mac

    I included some screenshots below. However, to protect my privacy, I blocked out some of the information.

    Find My app + AirPods connected - https://send.firefox.com/download/76296bb53aab2a22/#kXW2epvBZTUOSaVri2BnrQ

    System Preferences (Find My enabled) - https://send.firefox.com/download/7e2876b446257d7a/#uK2ZF-iLqx6pXgncFQ1s_A

    System Preferences (Location Services enabled) - https://send.firefox.com/download/1135880d10c0247e/#rfuDsnwXdg6hbfy6s0V_zA

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/DanielHo2024
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else experiencing Bluetooth connection issues on 13.5.1?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    Whenever I connect my AirPod Pros to my iPhone X running 13.5.1 they disconnect either almost immediately or soon after audio stops playing. This is less extreme with but still happens with all my other Bluetooth devices. I have tried soft reboot, turning on and off Bluetooth, forgetting and re-pairing, and lots of other stuff. Is there any fix or is it the software?

    submitted by /u/stevewrkmn
    [link] [comments]

    I have encountered a few “odd” things on my iPhone 11 recently and I want to know what is the deal with them

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    So I have seen and had a few odd things happen to me on my iPhone

    1. While checking my screen time on home screen sometimes there is a grey bar to the far right of the normal blue, light blue, and orange bars

    2. While checking screen time on home screen, for some of the little pillars for the hours are different colors then when I check screen time in settings

    3. Some notifications I don't get

    4. My cellular data doesn't add up to my current period cellular data (I could just be adding wrong)

    Are these just bugs, or is it something else. Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if any of this is hard to follow.

    Edit: unrelated but I got a pop up when I turned my phone on that said that the option to have the weather app use my cellular data has been turned off. I didn't even try to access the weather app.

    submitted by /u/CyberFire068
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro with multiple devices

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Are AirPods Pro supposed to automatically connect to different devices? Specifically my iPhones and Mac. I always have to manually connect to them on my Mac.

    submitted by /u/yaynative
    [link] [comments]

    Audio Issues From Internal Speaker On MacBook Air (Early 2014)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    Hey so i had an FL Studio (DAW) project open for a couple days. really didn't think anything of it because its never been an issue. but as i pressed play on my project, the sound cut out and stopped working so i closed the program and continued to restart my macbook. i've tried everything from PRAM, to Disk Utility runs, to checking my Sound Outputs, even my MIDI, but nothing seems to work. I get absolutely no audio from the macbook itself, not even a startup sound. Could this maybe be a blown speaker? Headphones work perfectly fine. Thanks for the help if possible.

    and could clutter maybe screw with the audio drives??

    Specs:

    MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

    1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

    4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

    submitted by /u/KidWithLongHair
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro Activation Issues

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Hi all! Hoping someone can offer some advice/direction. I just purchased a new iPhone 11 Pro from my local Apple Store today. Chose Verizon as my carrier since I'm upgrading from my iPhone 7 currently on Verizon.

    I was told at the Apple Store I just needed to turn the phone on and my new phone would activate, and the old one would no longer be able to make calls and such. However, during set up on my new iPhone 11 Pro, I was prompted to enter my Verizon account's PIN number, which I did, and then it said it could not activate. Not sure what went wrong, it said try again and I pressed that, but nothing seemed to happen.

    After I finished transferring my data over from my old iPhone 7, my new phone still doesn't have cell service since I'm guessing the new SIM card isn't activated. I have no clue how to fix this and Verizon was closed already while trying to figure all of this out. If I put the SIM card from my iPhone 7 into the new iPhone 11 Pro, it works just fine. But for some reason this new SIM card I paid for isn't working.

    Can anyone offer any input on why this may be the case and what the best course of action is? Should I be contacting Verizon for help or is this an Apple issue since I purchased the phone from them? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/twelfthcapaldi
    [link] [comments]

    Why do texts not show “delivered” or “not delivered”

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    Sometimes when I text my friend it doesn't show "delivered" at the bottom. It doesn't show "not delivered" either. I read that this could mean you've been blocked or their phone is off. It's happened one time for 30 mins and then it showed delivered, but another time it didn't show anything at all ever (even when they texted me after that), and today it's doing the same thing. They have read receipts on and it shows that they read the texts before these. I'm pretty sure I haven't been blocked and if their phone was off it would show delivered when it's turned on and this hasn't shown. What could be the reason for this?

    Edit: It did the same for a group chat I was in but they received the messages. And it shows "delivered" when I text anyone else. But when I text this one person it doesn't show the read receipts for these texts so I don't think they see the texts?? What can I do to figure out what's going on wtf

    submitted by /u/asdfgaming
    [link] [comments]

    I searched an artist on Google Chrome (iPhone 11. iOS version 13.3) and this popped up when I clicked the link to what appeared to be their website. I didn’t click on anything—I closed the tab immediately after screenshotting. Did anything happen in the background? Do I need to take any precautions?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Are these AirPods 2 Legit? (Wireless Charging)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I recently purchased these AirPods 2 with wireless charging from eBay. I tried comparing to my non-wireless charging AirPods 2, but they are different. And anytime I enter the serial number, it says "We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced." They sound the same as my other ones. Just want to make sure they are legit.

    https://imgur.com/a/ZYgIaCj

    submitted by /u/khizarmalik
    [link] [comments]

    Touchbar on the MacBook pro. semi-disabling the touch bar?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I'm always typing or resting my hands on my keyboard, and thus I always accidentally hit one of the screen brightness or volume keys. Is there any possible way to disable the touch bar. Not permanently, but unless you touch it? Like I want something, where I have to touch the touch bar before the keys on it, will work, and maybe it disables again after a certain time period.

    2019 16" macbook pro running macOS Catalina

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
    [link] [comments]

    CAMERA LAG - INSTALLED HIGH SIERRA TO MOJAVE

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Camera works when I boot up. However when I go on safari it lags, the problem with continue after I exit safari. What do I do?

    I am installing Mojave again but I am regretting it now.

    submitted by /u/unnaturalgummies
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible/worth getting a replacement?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    I dropped my iPhone 8+ a couple of months back in the toilet, and it pretty much survived with little to no damage. I had a few apps crashing on me a couple f times, but it just fixed itself. Right now, nothing is wrong with my phone (aside from the usual wear and tears), but my AppleCare+ is expiring soon. I have the phone for almost 2 years, and I love it- the only qualm I have about it is the battery health (still at 84% so not bad). Do you think it's possible to get a replacement phone (just to make use of the AppleCare+ $129(CAD) replacement), and would it be worth it?

    Personally, if possible I think it is worth the $129 to get a replacement phone (I know it's not brand new or anything). I'm not sure how much detail they want when it comes to the damage or if they're a no-question kinda replacement?

    submitted by /u/u-snavi
    [link] [comments]

    Would this work on a iPhone 11 Pro Max?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2020 16 inch Unboxing and Setup video

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    It took me 6 months to save money to buy the Macbook Pro 16 inch in 2020. MacBook Pro 2020 16 inch Unboxing and Setup video, watch me do a quick review of the 16-inch Macbook Pro 2020.

    https://youtu.be/imi95I5uMrc

    submitted by /u/paularocoach
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel