• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Apple Help MacBook Pro keys melting in shape of my fingerprints. Any explanations?

    Apple Help MacBook Pro keys melting in shape of my fingerprints. Any explanations?


    MacBook Pro keys melting in shape of my fingerprints. Any explanations?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    My mac kept restarting, now it's just frozen with this as the screen and Idk what to do, its an old mac around 2014-2015, a MacBook air. I don't know what to do now. Please help!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    Has anyone seen this before during a phone call? Happens every time.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Help!My iPad's screen colours are messed up

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    How do I transfer photos from ios to pc whilst keeping the photos in the albums that they were originally in?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Recently obtained 2015 iMac shows three hard drives in Disk Utility and is unstable after fresh install

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Macbook air or Macbook pro?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    Macbook Air VS Macbook Pro? Which would last longer?

    Hey everyone!

    So I've had a Macbook air (mid 2012) for about 8 years now. Its stuck at version OS X El Captain because I'm too lazy to update it. In terms of speed, its still very fast! It has no issues whatsoever except for the battery's condition. It varies from "replace soon", "replace now" and "service battery". I don't know why but it changes every few weeks. Its been like this for about a year now. Right now, its at "replace soon". Because of that, i have to constantly plug it in. If I don't, it would normally die in a span of 1 hr or 30 minutes (if I'm watching a video) even when its at 100%. Also, when the battery percentage is at 40% it turns red and that's when the laptop slows down. Its like a signal that its dying lol I've tried going to a service center to inquire about battery replacements but they told me, apple doesn't make the parts for this specific model anymore :( So i either have to upgrade or have my batteries replaced by buying online and doing it myself. I'm obviously leaning on the first option because I'm scared that if I try to replace the battery myself and it doesn't work, then I'd be wasting money.

    So now, I want some opinion on which macbook to upgrade to: air or pro. I just need a laptop for research, writing, watching movies, surfing the web and stuff. Nothing too fancy like editing movies or using photoshop. And of course, I want one that will surely last as long as my current one. Please do give me an explanation why pro or air.

    submitted by /u/dreadia98
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics issue Retina MacBook Pro Early-2013

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    My Early-2013 MacBook Pro has some sort of graphics issue. There is major artifacting on the display when using the dGPU, and it then freezes which leaves me unable to do anything apart from turning it off and back on. This happens when opening the Launchpad, or when running benchmarks, for instance. Also, every 1 out of 5 times when turning the laptop on, there are blue lines across the screen and the laptop won't boot. (Stuck on Apple logo screen. Second photo.)

    Now my question is, is this artifacting fault related to the U8900 buck converter chip? Or is it a fault with the actual GPU?

    So far I haven't read anything about the U8900 causing these particular artifacting on the screen, but also I couldn't find articles anywhere on the internet with anyone having these artifacting issues with their laptop. (This model, anyway.)

    Apparently the U8900 fault is just supposed to turn the laptop's display off or something. I've had that issue before and had the soldering reworked on the chip, and so far I haven't had that issue yet, just the artifacting when using the 650M graphics. Can anyone confirm what this issue might be? When I use the Integrated graphics only, the laptop works fine. I would like to sell this laptop on, but I preferably want to get this issue fixed first.

    Thanks

    Pictures:

    https://i.imgur.com/NXEWnpa.jpg https://i.imgur.com/hcKzMwx.jpg

    submitted by /u/brandon_nel2307
    [link] [comments]

    i made my apple id before i was 13 and put an earlier birth year. can i change it now?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    so i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i was looking at my settings today and realized my apple id birthdate was a year before my actual birth year. i forgot i made the account when i was 12. i'm 20 now so obviously i'm old enough lol, but could my apple id be deleted or anything for registering before i was 13? i'm just asking because i've heard of other companies like paypal where people have gotten banned for changing their birthdates to their real ones because the website realized they were using it before they were 13. i know this is a dumb question but i just want to be safe because i wouldn't want anything happening to my apple id

    submitted by /u/lasagnaisgreat57
    [link] [comments]

    2015 13 inch MacBook Pro freezes or shuts down when using reddit/FaceTime

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    A while ago I noticed my MacBook Pro would freeze or shut down when FaceTiming or using Zoom, it started happening when I'm on reddit too, it seems like if a thread is popular it'll struggle loading all the comments and it'll either freeze or shut down and then show me the black screen with the white text, it seems like anytime something requires more effort from it or I'm using the webcam it can't handle it

    I already repaired the disk, deleted the partition I was using and created a new one but it didn't solve it. Does anybody know why this happens?

    submitted by /u/fitinthemaking
    [link] [comments]

    Should i wait buying a new macbook (Intel vs. ARM)?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Hello

    i wanted to buy a new MacBook Pro but was wondering if i should wait for the new generation. I read that the new ARM-Processors wont support dual boot with windows which im okay with. Is there anything else?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/iamrooter
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone XR screen not responding randomly?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    Important to note I completed the new IOS update today, and now my phone's screen just won't respond to anything. The phone is working perfectly fine, I just can't do anything with it.

    Any suggestions?? I've tried hard rebooting it didn't work

    submitted by /u/PhilosophicalRap
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Shift key + recovery mode or working

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Air from mid-2013, and my shift key suddenly stopped working. It always registered as being pressed down, even though it wasn't, so I couldn't type numbers or lowercase letters. I restarted it a few times, and not it always registers as being pressed down, but I can now type normally, apparently. The left shift key just doesn't work. But, whenever I use things like Chrome or Firefox, the gestures like shift+click are always happening, even when I don't hold shift. Whenever I opened a new tab, it opens a new window. I tried to boot it into recovery mode, but it doesn't work for some reason. I tried both command+R and alt+command+R. This might be because it's holding shift. Is there any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/MTG2090
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have Windows running on Bootcamp along with a 4K monitor?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    When you run Windows and you take a screenshot using Snip & Sketch, do you have any weird scaling issues?

    I have a Windows laptop with 1080p native resolution that is connected to a 4K monitor. When I take screenshots using Snip & Sketch, a weird scaling effect happens where my screen ends up becoming really small. I think it's reverting to 1080p.

    I'm asking this question here because I'm debating getting a Windows laptop with a 4K screen and a 16" Macbook Pro. I need to run Windows for finance work and it would be great to have a fully functioning 4K, especially with screenshots. I use screenshots when compiling notes.

    Monitor screen without using Snipping Tool or Snip & Sketch:

    https://imgur.com/s93zNKZ

    With Snipping Tool or Snip & Sketch:

    https://imgur.com/hzj2zkc

    https://imgur.com/qFK8iIS

    https://imgur.com/qAMSOmb

    https://imgur.com/INqbW9B

    submitted by /u/IamWarmduscher
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone thinks my AirPods are connected when they’re not.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I've tried everything, I've turned Bluetooth Off I've turned my phone off I've connected and disconnected my air pods, nothing works my phone recognizes that my AirPods aren't connected because when I go to Bluetooth it says "AirPods not connected" but it won't make any sound, please help.

    submitted by /u/redditor_2782733
    [link] [comments]

    OS Catalina 10.15.5 Shutdown issue

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    starting about four days ago my MacBook randomly started having this issue where it wouldn't shut down. it stays stuck on the desktop picture and the cursor. I can move the cursor but that's it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled OS and the issue continues. reset pram, smc and still nothing. any way to fix this issue? (mid 2014 MacBook Pro)

    submitted by /u/ehj_
    [link] [comments]

    Will this $54K Mac Pro purchased today be unable to run new software in a few years?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    Strange banging/hammering-like noise heard during phone call. Other person hears nothing.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Recently had a talk with my girlfriend, and during it, I began hearing a strange noise. Well I guess the noise wasn't strange in and of itself. It sounded like a banging noise, like someone was hammering something, or like a headboard banging against the wall. The issue is, this conversation happened late at night, and she lives in a house where headboard banging activities would definitely not be happening, and the most striking thing... she heard absolutely nothing, while I heard it relatively clearly.

    Some quick info. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I was using one of my Galaxy Buds to talk, (only in my right ear). She has an iPhone 6s, and was using AirPod Pros to talk, she also only had one AirPod in.

    Another strange thing is at one point she told me I was talking too loud, so she turned down her volume, and after that, I heard the noise again, but much softer. I had to listen a lot more carefully to hear it. Usually happened when she was not talking, but happened while she was or I was talking as well.

    If anyone has any idea what this could be, I'd appreciate any feedback.

    submitted by /u/sea12bass
    [link] [comments]

    iMac camera not working. I just get a black screen but computer recognizes the camera is there.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Okay, so my work computer's (iMac, Catalina 10.15.5) Facetime HD camera isn't working. It's an older computer by a couple years. Normally this isn't a big deal but now we are doing Zoom meetings so I'd rather not use my phone. When I try to use the camera, it is just a black screen. It's this way for Skype, Facetime, Zoom, etc. It doesn't say camera not found. All the applications show it as the current camera, it's just a black screen (no, there's nothing covering the camera either). I've tried:

    - restarting computer- Logging in with a different account- Using Terminal and sudo killall VDCAssistant along with sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant. It accepts the commands, but doesn't fix the issue- Used Activity Monitor to see if any programs are running at same time that require the camera, none were.- Software is up to date- Removed and/or turned off any third-party peripherals- Run First Aid on the HDs- IT says they didn't touch the camera security functions

    Now I did kind of find a solution. Both my coworkers had/have the same issues. One coworker had to wipe her computer for a whole different issue and when she finally got back up and running her camera was working. So there is that solution but 1) I'd prefer to not have to do that and go through the hassle of putting everything back on it since it's not just word files and powerpoints. I edit video and audio so it's the hassle of dealing with large files and 2) I don't know for sure that's a sure fix for mine.

    So I was hoping someone might have some suggestions before I do the wiping and reinstalling. I don't NEED the camera necessarily, it would just make it easier. Plus, I just want to figure out the problem because I feel like the computer is mocking me lol.

    submitted by /u/lipp79
    [link] [comments]

    Head tracking in switch control

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    How do I use the head tracking feature under switch control in accessibility? I set up "smile" to "home", "raise eyebrows" to "notifications" and "open mouth" and "stick out tongue" to other actions as well but it never works. I'm in a well lit area and tried the gestures a lot but nothing seems to work.

    submitted by /u/BatmanFromThe6
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2019 13" experiences kernel panics when booting into Bootcamp

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    I have a 13" 2019 Macbook Pro (the 4 Thunderbolt model) running 10.15.5 (although this has happened since I bought it in October 2019). When I run Bootcamp, the computer occasionally freezes on the lock screen, then the fans run at full speed and it shuts down. Once it reboots into macOS, it tells me the computer restarted because of a problem and I can view the crash log. Here's an example of the crash log I get.

    I tried reaching out to Apple, but they didn't know what to tell me. I know others have had this issue, though. I've found a very small number of posts from others online about it. Everyone had recent Mac models and no one seemed to have found a solution yet (someone just suggested trying the Big Sur beta).

    It looks like a BridgeOS/T2 chip issue. Is there anything I can try to fix it? Luckily, it doesn't happen all the time, but there's still something going wrong and I don't like that the fans are spinning that loudly. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Maddie_N
    [link] [comments]

    Mac file can’t be deleted by Avast

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    I have a virus or malware? I have an old 2012 macbook pro and it's version 10.13.6 This extension pops up on safari and google and it makes my computer super slow, ive installed malwarebytes but the extension is still here.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    iPhone stuck in recovery mode, unable to update

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6S. Lately I'd noticed it had been starting to deteriorate and decided to buy a Samsung instead for some variety. In the set-up process of my new phone, they allowed the option to transfer data from my iphone using the Lightning to USB-C cable. Did that, and the transfer was working well for a while until it stopped. Iphone was malfunctioning a bit (abruptly closing applications that I opened, etc.) so I thought to shut it down and restart it. Something I'd done numerous times before. When I did that, it went into a loop where it would only show me the apple logo (like it would when turning on), but without actually progressing beyond that point.

    I tried the recovery mode, attached it to iTunes. iTunes was up to date, cable was fine, network was fine. Gave me the option to update or restore. Tried updating and it just would not work. Tried different cables, different ports, everything. I really don't want to restore it and lose my data. Is there any way I can extract the data existing in the phone? I don't really mind not getting the functionality of the phone back because I have a new one right now. But, I do want my data extracted. Family photos and stuff. Do you guys have any ideas on how to go about this?

    P.S: I am also a complete numbnut who didn't backup stuff to iTunes or iCloud for quite a long period of time

    submitted by /u/watbulb
    [link] [comments]

    STOLEN MERCHANDISE? iPAD?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    hi, i had an iPAD stolen. do i have any recourse for a replacement from apple or maybe tracking down the one that was stolen? any advice? i have the box and i'm assuming the serial number? thank you!

    submitted by /u/Magnolia1008
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel