• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 18, 2020

    Apple Macbook Who else misses the Glowing Apple Logo? :(

    Apple Macbook Who else misses the Glowing Apple Logo? :(


    Who else misses the Glowing Apple Logo? :(

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    macOS server command sped up my Macbook Pro 13' 2019 drastically!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is a known thing. But i was working on some settings on my Macbook Pro. I found a command for a macOS server that enables 'high perfomance mode'. I thought, lets try it in the terminal on my Macbook Pro.

    The command: sudo nvram boot-args="serverperfmode=1 $(nvram boot-args 2>/dev/null | cut -f 2-)"

    I am using my Macbook Pro as encoder for livestreaming. Normally it couldnt reach the 60 fps constantly. After the command it never drops. I am running macOS Catalina and owning a Macbook Pro 13' late 2019.

    Let me know if this also works for you! Not sure if the magic is working for everyone.

    submitted by /u/Scream1e
    [link] [comments]

    Sister gave me her old MacBook which had Bootcamp Windows 10. I’ve looked EVERYWHERE for a way to reverse back to macOS, the most common being holding down option while restarting but the only thing that pops up is Windows! I will be forever grateful for anyone who has a solution :(

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    What are some of the best MacBook accessories that are worth buying?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Looking for accessories (other than basic ones like a case). New to MacBook.

    submitted by /u/21_Adulting
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air for 4k video

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    I want a macbook for everyday use, mostly browsing with a ton of tabs open, using office and watching high quality videos such as 4k youtube videos. Will the air suffice for this without heating up like crazy? I will also be waiting for mbp for heavier usage as I am a software engineer but just wanted a reasonably priced everyday laptop that was quality in the meanwhile. The thermal issues seem a concern for me though so I wanted some input on that.

    Edit: 4k for external monitors, not that often but wanted to know how it would be. Thanks

    submitted by /u/csthrowaway19877
    [link] [comments]

    Early 2015 Macbook Air lagging and fans won't stop blowing

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Did a diagnostics and it hit me with the SMC issue. I reset the smc, nvram but neither of that worked. Fans are on full blast even when I'm not using the laptop. SSD I installed myself and it's 1.5 years old so I doubt it's that. Biggest problem is how long everything takes to open or load because of the lag. It was working quick a week ago. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/MarcusFenix6
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Spacebar Replacment

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    Hello everyone 👋🏼

    I am a college student who is always using my 2017 MacBook 12 inch. I noticed that the spacebar key was making a crunching noise, so I watched some YouTube videos showing how you can pop off keys and use air duster to clean the inside after popping off the key. When I tried this on the spacebar I noticed that the butterfly pics was still attached to the key, I removed it but broke some of the tiny plastic hinges on the key. I saw that I can buy a replacement key with a replacement butterfly piece but it is for a MacBook Pro. My question is; will the MacBook Pro spacebar fit my 2017 MacBook 12 inch?

    submitted by /u/GrowingBandit710
    [link] [comments]

    2020 MBA - RAM upgrade vs. Storage upgrade

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    This will be my first MacBook. I am going to purchase the new Air and definitely upgrade to the i5. I originally wanted to do i5/16gb/512mb but I did not realize how expensive AppleCare is so now I must choose between RAM or storage.

    I believe AppleCare is in my best interest because I am a single mom with a six month old. As much as I don't wanna fork over the extra $250 I think it will give me peace of mind.

    This laptop will primarily be used for—pursuing an online degree (not set on what major yet), storing photos and videos of my daughter, email, social media, browsing, writing.

    Do you think I should upgrade to 16GB or 512 storage—or should I just stay as baseline model in those areas. TIA.

    submitted by /u/wheredidigorogue
    [link] [comments]

    How many more years will the 2012 or 2014 MacBook air be supported

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    how do I remove this?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Favorite MacBook Color

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    I would appreciate the reason behind your choice. I ordered the Gold but it looks Copper, in which I'm fine with but I had the 2018 Silver MBA and 2019 Space Gray MBP. Should I go ahead with the gold and switch it up? Or do you think I'll regret the color. Also, I can't go in store to look at it due to the pandemic. I had the 12" gold MacBook and it was too gold for me and I know Apple changed the tone for the MBA. So maybe this copper like color will be a better fit?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ricothecat3
    [link] [comments]

    OS error, any help?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    Interested in buying a MacBook pro and had some questions

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I'm a web developer and need a new laptop for non-job work (side projects etc).

    I had a MacBook about 10 years ago and loved the hardware but TBH I didn't understand the OS very well at the time.

    I want a quality laptop where I can run visual studio code, vim, docker, .net core, node, ruby and various databases. I'm interested in apple because I love their hardware quality and UI.

    I have a few questions :

    • Are there any issues with running these things on a MacBook pro?

    • Also, if I purchase a refurbished MacBook do I have to buy applecare right away? Or can I wait say 30 days and purchase apple Care (and be protected in the meantime)

    I just want a high quality laptop for doing my work. Im not a gamer and want to just bite the bullet now and have a reliable laptop with repairs for the next 3+ years

    submitted by /u/Mr_Buckets_
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding Lightroom/PS and the new MBA

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    I'm looking at getting a new MBA for times when it's just easier to use a laptop rather than my iPad Pro. The only thing I worry about is having the MBA run super hot or have the fans go crazy while doing basic Lightroom/PS changes. I plan on doing most of the heavy Lightroom work at home on my gaming PC.

    Does anyone have any experience using adobe software on the new MBA? Should I just go with a Pro? I don't necessarily have a budget, just don't want to come across heat issues.

    submitted by /u/AFX-
    [link] [comments]

    My N key shattered. Any fix?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Macbook air (2020) external display flickering on and off at 1440p

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Basically, my macbook air 2020 is connected to a Acer XV27U 1440p monitor, and when I set the display resolution at 1440p, it flickers on and off constantly and it's basically unusable. Putting it at a lower resolution (2048x1152) helps with the flickering, but it still occasionally does it.

    I am using a Satechi V2 dongle

    Is there anything I can do or is it basically a software problem? My other windows laptops have no problem with this dongle at 1440p

    submitted by /u/trambe
    [link] [comments]

    Hear static "rustling" in Bootcamp Windows (MacBook Pro 16'')

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    It's a persistent light sound like rustling through trees. It's coming from the back of the keyboard, closest to the display. Any ideas?

    I don't notice it in Mac OS.

    submitted by /u/destithrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook keeps shutting down for no reason and won’t turn back on?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    So I'm busy doing a research paper, with my MacBook on charge, and it shut down. It did this about an hour ago but the battery was dead, and now it's not even turning on or showing me that it's charging. What can I do? I'm panicking because all my work is on this laptop and I cannot afford to lose it all. Please, can anyone help? It's the 12 inch MacBook, I got it in 2017.

    submitted by /u/Miimmoouuu
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook OS X master password reset

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. My best friend passed away and I have her Macbook OS X. I was able to reset her password by creating an admin account for myself but when I try to log into her account it asks me for the FileVault password which I have no idea what it is. The hint is lunabirth. I can change the master password but need to know the current one. I have no way of getting it because she is gone but there are thousands of pictures of us on the macbook. Can anyone help me reset the master or access the photos? Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/irideScence919
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a fault (MacBook Air 2020) see picture

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Some parts of the speaker are dark and some are light. It's hard to explain but if you look in the picture you can see. Can anyone who has the MacBook Air 2020 take a picture with flash and see if theirs is like this. https://ibb.co/hDHmtqM I have ocd when it comes to marks or scratches so if this is some sort of fault or defect I want to return it

    submitted by /u/Lds027
    [link] [comments]

    Is AppleCare really worth it?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    I'm about to buy my first MacBook—the new Air. I'm definitely upgrading to the i5 quad processor and 16gb memory. I'd like to do 512mb of storage but I'm trying to decide between doing that or AppleCare. Is it really worth it for an extended warranty package that I may never use?

    submitted by /u/wheredidigorogue
    [link] [comments]

    Which was the last „real good“ Macbook?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    You know we had #staingate with the Macbook Pro Retina. We had the keyboard issues with Macbook Pros and Macbook 12". Now #staingate again with Macbook Air Retina. Macbook Air 2020 also seems to overheat under performance.

    Can you remember the last Macbook without any problems?

    submitted by /u/Rddit92
    [link] [comments]

    Kernel panics on Macbook Pro 16"

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    It's been a month since I got the new 16" and kernel panics are now a daily thing. It started about 10 days ago, or so. Is anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/SloppyBagina
    [link] [comments]

    I need purchase advice

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    So before everything else, sorry if that isn't the right sub for this. Anyways, I want to buy a macbook, but can't seem to decide on what one i should get. My options are the macbook pro 13" or the new 2020 macbook air. Both of them are great I'm sure, but after watching countless hours of reviews and comparisons of those devices, I'm still unsure about which one is the right one for me. So I thought I might ask y'all here. My primary use cases will be (sorted by importance) - school related stuff (editing text, creating presentations, writing emails) - watching Videos, listening to Spotify - a little bit of music production (using fl studio but not that many/really heavy vsts/plugins) - light programming (because I need to learn a new language)

    What I (most likely) am not going to use this laptop: - Gaming (as I have don't play that much games+i have a dedicated setup if i feel the need to play something) - Video Editing (no plans of becoming a youtuber or film editor) - Photoediting (as I'm not at all into photography)

    So knowing all of this, which macbook would u consider the perfect fit for me?

    submitted by /u/julianscl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel