• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 18, 2020

    macOS Is there a way to get these playback buttons on the dock when hovering the mouse over the icon like on Windows?

    macOS Is there a way to get these playback buttons on the dock when hovering the mouse over the icon like on Windows?


    Is there a way to get these playback buttons on the dock when hovering the mouse over the icon like on Windows?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 11:08 PM PST

    Full screen glitch on any site that has video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.). Screen doesn’t do this when not fullscreened. I have a MacBook Air from about 5 years ago with the latest OS update. Anyone else seen this? Sometimes it doesn’t glitch full screen, it’s inconsistent

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:45 PM PST

    Messenger clients for macOS?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:02 PM PST

    In April 2019 Facebook announced that they would develop a native messenger app on macOS. It's 2020 and still no sign of it.

    I've used three different clients so far and have liked none of them:

    -Goofy: always has weird javascript error prompts.
    -Caprine: Heavy on ressources (uses a lot of cpu for some reason)
    -Station: same than caprine with worse interface

    I know that most of them either have to use webkit or electron, but is any of these apps half decent?

    submitted by /u/LeRoiBurgonde
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever personally lost Data after reinstalling macOS?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:30 AM PST

    I was recently having a few minor issues on my MacBook pro such as sometimes opening it to find "your computer shut down because of a problem" and a few other minor issues. I went to run first aid on Macintosh HD and it said that there was a corruption that needed to be fixed in recovery mode however oddly enough recovery mode's disk utility seemed to think there was nothing wrong. I was thinking of taking it to apple but I know the first thing they'll say is "have you tried reinstalling macOS" and send me back. I know it is important to do a backup anyway but I was wondering if anyone has personally lost any data from doing this. I know in theory it's safe and I know my Data volume is corruption-free but it would be good to hear from others if you have any experience with this.

    submitted by /u/odoug04
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't you hide your dock?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:54 AM PST

    Asphalt 9: Legends

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:49 AM PST

    Hello,

    I want to download Asphalt 9: Legends but i'm on mac os mojave and you need mac os catalina for Asphalt 9: Legends.

    Is there any way I can still get Asphalt 9: Legends on my mac?

    submitted by /u/KongKiller123
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 15" 2015 - Stay on Mojave or upgrade to Catalina?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:46 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Just wondering what peoples thoughts are about upgrading to Catalina at this stage. I've heard a lot of bad opinions in regards to bugs, graphics performance and also general 32-bit support which has put me off upgrading. At the same time I don't want to miss out on current support/features. I still feel graphics performance/stutteriness has been a massive problem in these past few major releases, so I'm keen to not upgrade if I'll lose out on general fluidity.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/CompiledSanity
    [link] [comments]

    How to partition SSD as MacOS Journaled and NTFS?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:37 AM PST

    I just bought a 500GB SSD. I'd like to partition it so that 250GB can be used for BootCamp (NTFS), and the other 250GB can be formatted as MacOS Journaled or APFS so I can use it for editing with Final Cut and After Effects. I already have bootcamp installed on the NTFS partition, but when I try to format the other partition as APFS, MacOS Journaled, or any format for that matter in Disk Utility, I get this error:

    MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation.

    After that, that partition won't mount and I can't format it or run first aid, so I have to use a Windows computer since it recognized the broken partition and open Disk Management to format it as ExFat or NTFS. Does anyone know how I can format the editing partition to be APFS or MacOS Journaled?

    submitted by /u/vanko987
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on Multiple Monitors For MBPRO16

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Hope this is the right place to ask this, but looking for some advice on creating a workable home office setup with my 16inch MBPRO.

    I was looking into buying the Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock or the Caldigit TS3+ Dock so that I could have an easy to plug in setup at my office. The one thing i'm confused about is connecting two monitors to this setup..

    The monitors don't need to be anything fancy (i currently have some basic HDMI in monitors), but i was wondering if there is a way for me to connect them into the Doc and have it work as two monitors for the laptop. Would i need to plug one into the Display port and one into one of the USB-C? Would I get some kind of display to 2 hdmi output? Any advice would be awesome.. And again apologies if this is the wrong place to ask!

    submitted by /u/taeem
    [link] [comments]

    every macOS 10 wallpaper in a psychedelic masterpiece

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:44 AM PST

    Why is my username and password not working on system preferences?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:56 PM PST

    I was making some changes recently, trying to rename my user account from the macOS High Sierra System Preferences, and it seems I've locked myself out from making any changes to Users & Groups now.When I click the lock icon (click the lock to make changes) I need put in my username and pass. But its not working though I'm sure I know my user account otherwise I wouldn't be able to login to my MacBook. Can anyone help? I'm a new MacBook user so really confused atm

    submitted by /u/amani663
    [link] [comments]

    HELP PLEASE

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:53 PM PST

    Google Translate like extension for Safari?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:24 PM PST

    Is there an extension for Safari that works like Google Translate does on Chrome? I've recently switched to Safari and feel like this is the only flaw.

    I currently use the app DeepL (Which I found via this subreddit), but I'd like something more integrated into Safari, since I almost always end up using Chrome for fully non-English pages anyway. Help?

    submitted by /u/11rashidar
    [link] [comments]

    A question regarding the preview app on MacOS Catalina

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:57 PM PST

    While converting a jpeg to png, is there a tool which I can use on a transparent patch to return that patch back to normal?

    submitted by /u/AnArousedCatfish
    [link] [comments]

    Separate Mouse And Trackpad

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Is there any way to isolate trackpad settings from external mouse settings as the trackpad settings are fine as they are but my mouse settings are reversed, and when I change the mouse direction it also changes the trackpad.

    submitted by /u/OnlyNineteenLetters
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to add the Apple Cash card to the wallet on MacOS Catalina?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:41 AM PST

    I've recently switched my country and region to US (for AppleTV+) but now I have no credit card valid for US, so I use the Apple cash one. Is there any way to add it on the Mac also?

    submitted by /u/luc19ass
    [link] [comments]

    Never seen before folder after downloading a suspicious file

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:37 PM PST

    After downloading a file, I notice that something was installed among the application I was willing to install. I located the extension, which was hidden inside a folder called Shared. I deleted everything from this folder, but couldn't delete the folder itself. Using the terminal, I noticed that it is located among the Users (image (blacked out my username)). This folder called "Shared" is a normal MacOS thing or was created by the virus? If it is not a macOS system folder, how do I delete it? rmdir Shared is not working

    submitted by /u/RedManBrasil
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina for 2017 MBP (No touchbar)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Hey y'all,

    I've been lurking around this sub for a minute trying to see if it is worth upgrading to macOS Catalina. So far I haven't but I have been really itching to... So for the millionth time, is Catalina safe for a 2017 MBP with no touchbar?

    As far as my usage, I'm a college kid so I'm mostly using Microsoft Office software and occasionally my Adobe apps (all up to the 2020 version) and I use Chrome as my browser. I stream my music via Spotify and YouTube so the lack of iTunes isn't a problem. If anything, I'm concerned about my battery life (which already sort of sucks) but I don't really use any 32 bit apps.

    Sorry to bug y'all about this since I've seen this question a million times so I just wanted some reassurance for myself. Thanks y'all!

    submitted by /u/aquaroxas
    [link] [comments]

    Apple RAID 0

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:57 AM PST

    Hi guys, I just created a RAID 0 with my iMac (Catalina) on an external thunderbolt box for speed.

    I'm now worried what happen to the data in case I need to format or change my mac.

    I tried to search but I was not able to find info.

    Anybody can give me advise ?

    Thanks, Trottoluccia

    submitted by /u/trottoluccia
    [link] [comments]

    Spectacle doesn't work on Maximized Windows

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 11:11 AM PST

    I have chrome browsers as a usual canidate for Spectacles awesome snapping/transfer screens etc. Howeever, there is one minor annoyance I cant get around. Chrome for some reason always opens as maximized as is incognito mode When I attempt to move the Chrome windows to other displays, nothing works until I click on the green icon to "de-maximize" chrome and then spectacle works as usual.

    Any suggestions? I know clicking a button to do this and thus create a may seem lazy - but i need to do this dozens of times a day and it starts to add up.

    Macbook PrO

    MacOS Catalina

    Chrome : Latest

    submitted by /u/titan1978
    [link] [comments]

    Classic Mac OS is hilarious.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:58 PM PST

    So I was really angry at my old Power Mac G4 installing OS X and USB 1.1 was painfully slow. I was waiting for 3 minutes for it to load. It gave me an error saying there was a disk error and it couldn't open it. I was just starting at it in anger and then text to speech started saying "it's not my fault, couldn't open" install Mac OS X" because of a disk error. Gave me a good laugh. The computer was basically begging for mercy knowing how annoyed I was.

    submitted by /u/MasterKamen222
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57) acting strange, system preferences stopped working and also cannot access lower part of screen with mouse (e.g. cannot hover over dock to unhide it, the mouse doesn't "reach" as low. )

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:09 AM PST

    Should I Upgrade to Catalina? (MacBook Pro, 13-inch, Late 2013)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:08 AM PST

    I've been hearing mixed speculation about the update, with some people's hard drives being wiped, and I haven't updated my MacBook for that reason. I still have Mojave, and I'm just wondering if anyone know how safe it is for a late 2013 MacBook to update to Catalina?

    submitted by /u/JetFuelJerry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel