• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Apple Macbook Why do we get weekly posts of people who don't backup?

    Apple Macbook Why do we get weekly posts of people who don't backup?


    Why do we get weekly posts of people who don't backup?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:21 PM PST

    OK, so that's at least 2 in the last 3 days. "My macbook / hdd / ssd failed, what can I do, I lost X years of work."

    You can get gigabytes of free/cheap continuous backup from Google or Apple or Dropbox or any number of alternatives. DO YOUR BACKUPS PEOPLE. There is no excuse. If you don't, sorry, but you're an idiot who should feel too ashamed to post about it.

    submitted by /u/jimmythenewsmith
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any precautions I should take before taking out the right speaker on my Late '13 MacBook Pro 13 inch?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Title says all. I will be using the iFixit right speaker and will be using these tools to do so. I was told to make sure the battery is drained to prevent injury when replacing the speaker. Is there anything else I should be aware of before I perform the surgical procedure?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BluePilotPen
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of the dust trapped in between the screen and the outer casing

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:11 PM PST

    I have more than 250GB of storage in "other volumes in container".

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:27 AM PST

    Help Recovering Data from Macbook Air Hard Drive

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:12 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I am desperately seeking advice! I have a Macbook Air (2015). It froze and then I manually turned it off and back on. Upon turning it back on, a folder with a blinking question mark was displayed which I understand indicates that it is having difficulty accessing the hard drive. I brought the computer to my university to get it serviced and they tried putting it into single user mode, cleaning dust from the hard drive and mounting the hard drive- none of these things worked and they recommended another company with more sophisticated technology to use. That company just called me back and said that the solid state drive has failed and areas of the hard drive are damaged. They are going to image the drive (areas that are good) and see what is possible to get back which they say will take about 4 hours and say that 3 out of 4 times they are able to retrieve some data. This is very costly and I am already at a loss financially. If what I stated above does not work is there anything else that can be done? Any and all help is welcomed- feeling devastated and at a loss, all of my work in on there for the past 5 years. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/OneGoldFish
    [link] [comments]

    Can base Macbook Pro(mid 2019) run 2 4k monitors?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Guys I couldn't find anywhere. I believe the one with 4 Thunderbolt3 ports can run 2 4k monitors but what about the base model? I don't need whole lot of computing power or storage. I'll do web design and some light video editing.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/johnny-T1
    [link] [comments]

    Dock to use with both 2020 and 2015 MBP?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:57 PM PST

    I work at home.

    My work laptop is a 2015 that's still performing great. It has the magsafe power, displayport to my monitor and USB for the keyboard/mouse. I don't know when I'll get a new work laptop.

    I want to buy a new personal MBP soon (waiting for the 13/14"), and I'm trying to think through the best solution for cord management, and easily/quickly swapping between my personal and work setups, using the same monitor/keyboard/mouse for both laptops.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Squeakerpants
    [link] [comments]

    Best Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station for Macbook Pro 13 (2019)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:41 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I recently accepted a tech job at an international company, which decided to opt for the latest Macbook Pro 13" Touch Bar (2019). Until now I've been mostly using Windows on my Asus ROG (2012) and Ubuntu on my Dell Latitude 6230 (2011), which both only had the now old, classic USB As. Naturally, migrating to Thunderbolt 3 got me excited, but ultimately I'll need a nice T3 Docking Station to support charging, 2x Displays, as well as a couple of USB As in order to start working comfortably.

    In a nutshell I am looking for advice on the best choices out there for an Apple-supported T3 DS. Any recommendations rooting from real experience, even on what to avoid, would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/litchmybaws
    [link] [comments]

    Potential new macbook pro? Wanted to buy one or should i wait

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:53 AM PST

    My 2015 model is coming to the end of its life it seems. The screen flickers constantly and its getting really annoying.

    I heard a rumour that apple were planning on releasing a new pro macbook. I was wondering how long that might be or if its just better for me to buy the pro 13 inch one now rather than waiting for the new one or for a potential price drop.. Thanks

    submitted by /u/YeeticusTheYeet101
    [link] [comments]

    I have a key on my keyboard that is dead

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:04 AM PST

    I'm using a macbook pro. The problem started with my "e" key being faulty (felt sticky and doesn't work well) and has migrated to my "d" key being completely unresponsive. I have popped the key out and cleaned it but it still won't work. Any ideas on how to fix this would be very appreciated. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Miss-Messy-In-Ayland
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air 2018

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:14 AM PST

    The small downwards arrow has randomly not been *fully working' and doesnt fully work . Other than taking it in to apple can anyone suggest any ideas and has it happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/harrisonwilk11
    [link] [comments]

    Outlook stops responding

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 01:17 AM PST

    Since a couple of days back the outlook mail app doesn't work. It stops responding the moment I start the app, and if it somehow does start up it stops responding again for every new mail I open.

    Anyone know why this is happening, or does anyone have the same problem?

    I have a MacBook Air from 2019, running on OS 10.15.2.

    submitted by /u/SecretEasterbunny
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel