• Breaking News

    Monday, June 17, 2019

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - June 17, 2019

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - June 17, 2019


    Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - June 17, 2019

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    Please use this thread to discuss whatever iOS games you've been playing lately. They don't have to be new games, they can be old games and they do not have to be iOS original titles!

    As long as it's an iOS game it belongs in here. Make sure to put the name(s) of the game(s) in bold to make it easier for people skimming the thread to see what you're talking about, and if you'd like to make it really convenient turn the game name into a hyperlink that sends people directly to the App Store!

    To keep track of the thread, the comments are sorted by "new" by default.

    Find previous weekly threads here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A Life we all live

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:53 AM PDT

    Really good tycoon or business like simulator games?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    Have played all kairosoft games, loved them.

    No boring idle games please :)

    submitted by /u/Locotoon
    [link] [comments]

    Survival Horror

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    I have long been a fan of the Silent Hill games and am looking for a game with the same eerie atmosphere. Do you have a good recommendation?

    submitted by /u/sodapops82
    [link] [comments]

    Games like jackbox party pack / crash bash / mario party?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:06 AM PDT

    I was using snapchat for the first time in ages recently and saw they have games on there now. Me and my friend were playing 'bitmoji party' which is basically similar to those in the title. The problem is there are pretty few game modes and so it gets boring kind of quickly, however the general concept is brilliant.

    I was wondering if there are any other games like this out there? Where it basically consists of lots of mini games that you play against other people?

    submitted by /u/davie18
    [link] [comments]

    Games with building timers without that horrible ramp-up?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    I'm sure we've all been there. "This game's fun, but these buildings have timers. I'll check on this a few times a day and tell my workers to do some stuff and let my town/army/castle/fish tank get bigger over time." Then a week later your buildings that took 4 hours to build are now taking 14 days to build and you quit.

    I like the feeling of building things over a period of days/weeks, but I hate how the amount of time to do anything just ramps up to absurd levels after progressing a bit. I don't care about the theming so much, or about f2p vs paid. Does anyone have any idea of any games that let you play in this gameplay loop without pulling the rug out from under you?

    submitted by /u/EldritchAnimation
    [link] [comments]

    This subreddit is full of recommendations and positive experience. What is an iOS game that was absolutely NOT worth your money?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    Please, do not just type in the title, also say why!

    submitted by /u/j1ggl
    [link] [comments]

    Table Top Games Suggestions

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    Are there any table top games that are good for an iPad and support local play? Me and my friends usually have board game nights playing things like cosmic encounter, kemet, for sale, code names, resistance, etc, and I was wondering if there were any good iPad tabletop games I could get to add some new types of games to our group. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Marmalaid1
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations on a good FPS game?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    As the title says, I'm looking for a good FPS game (if it has some sort of competitiveness in it, it'd be preferable). If it helps, I'm on an iPhone XR.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/iamexza
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a mostly relaxing adventure game

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Recently I played Thimbleweed Park and the Day of the Tentacle, both based on recommendations here. I'm now looking for my next adventure into adventure games. Both these games were very much to my liking and I'm looking for something similar in style.

    I'm almost settled on Broken Age and Botanicula. What do you think? Are there any other ones that I should consider?

    submitted by /u/Glebeless
    [link] [comments]

    Any full-featured, RTS games that don’t rely on in-app purchases?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    I've got summer off from school and would like to play a RTS game on my iPad. Looking in the App Store just shows an endless stream of bullshit pay-to-win or freemium Clash of Clans clones. I'm trying to find something like this:

    • Absolutely nothing resembling pay-to-win. I'm OK with cosmetic purchases, but I'm willing to pay upfront for the full game to avoid freemium-tier production.
    • No ads.
    • Full-featured with high production values, a la Starcraft or Age of Empires or Red Alert, or any number of modern examples on Steam nowadays—but I'm looking for ipad.
    • RTS, so not like Civ or Heroes of Might and Magic and DEFINITELY not like anything resembling Clash of Clans.

    Thanks for suggestions!! In fact, even suggestions about how to search for these games on my own would be nice, I don't know how to eliminate all the fluff results relating to CoC clones or other pay-to-win/freemium stuff and non-RTS strategy games.

    submitted by /u/BrazenBanter
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a Tower Defense game

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:46 PM PDT

    So, I was scrolling on App Store today and saw a Tower Defense like game, with pixeled art (looks like Final Fantasy Brave Exvius), and I think the Towers are units/heroes. I forgot to print the game and download later. Can someone help me find it? It costs 2,99 USD I think, and it seems new since it was in those featured tabs

    submitted by /u/jgabrielferreira
    [link] [comments]

    Steam Link ios13 beta issue

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    I'm on ios13 beta currently and connected my Xbox one controller and loaded up steam link and was greeted by a button map screen which highlights buttons then you press them, once I get to the "start" button the app crashes completely.

    Does this happen with anyone else using steam link on ios13?

    submitted by /u/TheShiftedOne
    [link] [comments]

    iOs games that are highly re-playable and simple

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    Hello reddit, I was wondering if you guys could point me towards a game similar to what I described in the title.

    I was a huge fan of wayward souls and how it was basically infinitely replayable with procedurally generated levels and simple controls. I preordered dead cells which looks pretty good, but I was wondering if there were more that are similar to that.

    thanks

    Edit: huge fan of rogue likes and metroidvanias, Im loving the suggestions.

    submitted by /u/EnemyDown1
    [link] [comments]

    Motivations and Gaming Habits of Australian Mobile Gamers.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 01:44 AM PDT

    My name is Jordan Greenwood and I am a candidate for the Bachelors of Science (Honours) at Federation University, Australia. I am inviting you to participate in a study about Motivations and Gaming Habits of Australian Mobile Gamers. This is one of many invitations posted on various Australian gaming forums and gaming groups.

    The study will involve an online survey for participants of the ages 18 and above. This survey will cover your motivations for playing mobile games, habits that you are exhibiting while playing said games and will contain an addiction prevalence test of the Internet Gaming Disorder.

    You are invited to participate by following the link https://asterius.ballarat.edu.au/sseitsurvey/index.php/515759?lang=en and completing the questionnaire that will take approximately 20 minutes of your time. The online survey will remain open for approximately 6 weeks or until appropriate sample size is collected. I will repost here when the survey has closed. You will remain anonymous by completing this survey, and only upon submitting the survey will you be implying consent to use the data you provide. You may choose to withdraw at any time before submitting the survey, by closing your browser (or tab within tabbed browsing).

    I would like to thank you up front for any time you allocate towards this research endeavour.

    Yours sincerely,
    Jordan Greenwood
    Honours Candidate
    Federation University, Australia
    jordangreenwood@students.federation.edu.au

    submitted by /u/Greenash67
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for two-player co-op games (not PvP)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    Hey, so I've searched and come across a few threads on this topic, but a lot of them feature PvP games.

    I'm looking for something that's not about combat, and more about puzzles.

    A good example is Tick Tock: A Tale of Two.

    Are there any other games like that? Co-op puzzle games, mainly? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Augustby
    [link] [comments]

    Anything like Maplestory, but portrait?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    Basically the title. I played on pc years ago and played the mobile port a little bit, but landscape games just aren't my thing. I have a couple that I keep around, but mostly if it's not portrait, I don't play it.

    It's a personal preference, I know many of you are the opposite and that's fine. Landscape just isn't for me.

    Anyone know of anything similar?

    submitted by /u/RaevynReaper
    [link] [comments]

    Can you recommend games like Prince of Merchants

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    Hi guys, awesome subreddit, I just found so many new games.

    I used to have a favourite DOS game when I was young - Prince of Merchants (maybe some of you never heard of it), there is a newer remake called Rise of Venice. Is there something similar for the iOS?

    submitted by /u/ceymore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel