• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Apple Help Found an Apple Watch at the ocean and not sure how to find owner or use myself. Need advice

    Apple Help Found an Apple Watch at the ocean and not sure how to find owner or use myself. Need advice


    Found an Apple Watch at the ocean and not sure how to find owner or use myself. Need advice

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:09 PM PST

    So I found an Apple Watch at the beach in the water and now I don't know how to find the owner or use it for myself. Any help?

    submitted by /u/pasqualeecpp
    [link] [comments]

    saving and sending a lot of texts

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:26 PM PST

    saving and sharing a lot of texts

    my boyfriend recently got a new phone and lost all his texts from our 1.5 years of dating. he likes to go through old texts when he's sad, so for valentine's day/our anniversary i'd like to surprise him with a way for him to go through them again

    i have an iphone 8 (newest ios), he has a pixel (i think? it's a google phone). i dont mind using 3rd party systems or ways that take a lot time

    i tried just scrolling up and copying them or taking a video of me scrolling through them, but there's too many and it won't load them all. i'd really like to surprise him!

    submitted by /u/pansyofficial
    [link] [comments]

    When I downloaded the last software upgrade I lost a lot of the photos I had on my phone but those photos are still on iCloud (I entered to iCloud from my computer). How can I move all the photos that I have on iCloud to my phone?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:28 PM PST

    16 inch Macbook takes 3-10 seconds to wake up from sleep mode. Sometimes even right after I close the lid and open it again.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:21 PM PST

    Anyone else having this issue?? I have a 16 inch macbook pro with 32gb of ram and 2 tb with the i9 CPU. Should this be something I should worry about? I also set the hibernate mode to 0 in the terminal and that didnt help

    submitted by /u/iamhealing
    [link] [comments]

    Am I dumb for cleaning my phone and AirPods twice a day?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:41 AM PST

    I am very weary of germs. When I come home from school, I wipe my phone, AirPod case, and AirPods throughly down with a wipe. Before I shower, I wipe my phone and AirPods again down with isopropyl alcohol. Am I an idiot for doing this? Will I shorten the life of my devices?

    submitted by /u/livingtheloserlife
    [link] [comments]

    I sometimes get random calls and/or calls from people I know that just spam missed call notifications instead of actually letting me answer. What could this mean?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:11 PM PST

    Help Recovering Data from Macbook Air Hard Drive

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:56 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I am desperately seeking advice! I have a Macbook Air (2015). It froze and then I manually turned it off and back on. Upon turning it back on, a folder with a blinking question mark was displayed which I understand indicates that it is having difficulty accessing the hard drive. I brought the computer to my university to get it serviced and they tried putting it into single user mode, cleaning dust from the hard drive and mounting the hard drive- none of these things worked and they recommended another company with more sophisticated technology to use. That company just called me back and said that the solid state drive has failed and areas of the hard drive are damaged. They are going to image the drive (areas that are good) and see what is possible to get back which they say will take about 4 hours and say that 3 out of 4 times they are able to retrieve some data. This is very costly and I am already at a loss financially. If what I stated above does not work is there anything else that can be done? Any and all help is welcomed- feeling devastated and at a loss, all of my work in on there for the past 5 years. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/OneGoldFish
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to convert Live Photos into a video?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:44 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    First of all, I don't understand much of technology so I apologise in advance in case this is a very stupid question. I'm currently trying to put a video together of photos and short clips I recorded and took with my phone, so here's the question - I would love to put Live Photos in there, obviously in a way that they're actually moving, I already tried putting all of them into loops and bounced and stuff but it just doesn't seem to work. I'm using iMovie. What am I doing wrong? Is this simply not possible or am I using the wrong program? Any help is highly appreciated!

    Thank you 😊

    submitted by /u/chiara3711
    [link] [comments]

    6tb Seagate Hard Drive: "repairing device dev/disk2s2"

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:52 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I have a 6tb Seagate backup plus I purchased near the end of 2017 that, up until now, has been working perfectly fine.

    However when I tried connecting it to my 13" macbook air (early 2015 if that matters) (and it's the usual device I use with it) it fails to mount (NFTS for mac just has the loading wheel) and disk utility has says "repairing device dev/disk2s2"

    I then tried clicking on it in disk utility and it can make a connection to the device, gave the proper storage size, etc. except that said it couldn't write to the drive.

    Is everything OK? Will I be able to recover the data?

    submitted by /u/Rednewt33
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t install Mac OS on new ssd

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:44 PM PST

    The process goes decently far then won't finish. It gives me a stop sign, apple logo, question mark all flashing one after the other. Ssd is formatted correctly and I tried internet install as well as usb install. Not sure what to do at this point.

    submitted by /u/arp325_
    [link] [comments]

    Mom not receiving texts, not sending as iMessage. Please Help

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:32 PM PST

    I haven't had this issue before, I am sending iMessages to everybody else that I normally do, and she is receiving iMessages from her usuals, but when I go to text her it is green, and she doesnt even receive the text at all.

    What I have tried:

    I reset her imessage by going into settings and signing out of iMessage then signing back but that did not help. I guess I will reset my iMessage next. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/machzumma
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 plus gets warm and the battery is draining fast. Dies overnight. I tried a factory reset and it's still doing it.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:32 PM PST

    I need help figuring out what’s up with my iPhone 7 screen animations

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 02:23 PM PST

    Hey everyone, recently I've been noticing the scrolling animations / opening control center on my iPhone 7 make a sort of ghost trace (track?) I wonder if this is normal or something may be up with my screen?

    This might not be something to worry about but I'm really picky when it comes to this stuff... Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/gleekbae
    [link] [comments]

    Apple wants to make changes

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:18 PM PST

    How do I get rid of this annoying pop up on my MacBook?

    submitted by /u/commfilm
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the music app?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:59 PM PST

    I'm on a IPhone 8 I have an mp3 in my files app that I want to put into my music app so I can add it to my playlist. Is there anyway to do this without a computer? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/The_Keagster
    [link] [comments]

    Is music I purchase from the iTunes Store better/higher quality than streaming from Apple Music?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:48 PM PST

    iPad Pro won’t connect to iTunes via laptop

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 01:49 PM PST

    Hi, my girlfriend has an iPad Pro that she got locked out of a long time ago, saying "iPad disabled, connect to iTunes". We authorized my laptop in iTunes and tried to connect it with a regular USB cable and a USB-C cable (my HP laptop has both ports) and with either option, it charges for a second and then stops completely and the icon goes away. It is not staying long enough for iTunes to recognize the device is connected to the computer so we can unlock it. The USB-C cable we are using is the original one that came with the iPad. How am I supposed to connect it to iTunes if it needs more power than the laptop can deliver? A bit of a extra info, we can't reset it via Find My iPhone because she never got it connected to wifi where we are living now, and never connected it to her own laptop. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tsbrett
    [link] [comments]

    No headphones work, despite having cleaned the headphone jack

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:13 PM PST

    Hi there. I have an iPhone 5 running the latest iOS and today I've come across a problem with using headphones. None of my headphones work. I plug them into the jack and the phone doesn't seem to detect them. I can twist the headphones in the jack and it will detect them for about a second but that's it, it won't detect the headphones after that. I cleaned the jack and got any gunk out of it and made sure all the headphones themselves were all in order, and I even turned the phone off and back on again and still nothing. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

    submitted by /u/Torran2Glitchy
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I mark all my emails as read, they don’t become read and i have to manually check them all one by one

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:07 PM PST

    This has only been a recent problem but it's wildly annoying

    submitted by /u/SpunchTheCrunch
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove this Google Contact calendar from iOS?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Installing Newer OSX on 2012 MacBook Pro 13”

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 02:49 PM PST

    I inherited an old mid-2012 MBP from a relative. It runs pretty well as it was only used for web surfing. It's currently running Lion. For less than $100 I can install a small SSD for the OS & max the RAM. I think this would be worth the small investment, but I'm at a loss how to put a newer OSX on it. Would I be able to download the DMG directly from Apple or would I have to buy it from Apple or an Apple supplier?

    If anyone has DIY resources on doing this please send them my way :)

    submitted by /u/cthulufunk
    [link] [comments]

    Can I buy both AirPods and AirPods Pro, and return one after a few days?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:31 PM PST

    Going to pick up a pair, but i'm not sure if the pros are worth it. Can I get each and then just return whichever I don't like after a few days? Do they inspect it to check for use or anything?

    submitted by /u/cookiekick
    [link] [comments]

    Can't delete photo album "from my mac"

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:30 PM PST

    I've searching up online for how to do this for the past half hour if anyone knows how I would really appreciate it. Essentially there is this album called "from my mac," dont have a mac so mustve been itunes. This has been here for a year or two its getting annoying. Not to mention the photos aren't even on my computer

    submitted by /u/SupremeBigBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Ran my Apple Watch through the washer://

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:25 AM PST

    I feel like my brand new Macbook 13 inch pro (2019) is lagging?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:17 PM PST

    Hi. I just got a new Macbook Pro 13" today, and it's lagging already, on several areas where I've been promised it shouldn't lag.

    I was trying to re-size the Safari window, for example, and it was lagging! Things like that. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/remarquable
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel