• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 7, 2020

    Apple Help My old iPod 5 displays the itunes icon when I charge it so I connect to iTunes on my laptop & it says I need to update, I confirm the update & it stays like this. The progress bar does not fill and the laptop says “waiting for iPod” I’ve left it for days, it never fills. Apple store could not help.

    Apple Help My old iPod 5 displays the itunes icon when I charge it so I connect to iTunes on my laptop & it says I need to update, I confirm the update & it stays like this. The progress bar does not fill and the laptop says “waiting for iPod” I’ve left it for days, it never fills. Apple store could not help.


    My old iPod 5 displays the itunes icon when I charge it so I connect to iTunes on my laptop & it says I need to update, I confirm the update & it stays like this. The progress bar does not fill and the laptop says “waiting for iPod” I’ve left it for days, it never fills. Apple store could not help.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:57 PM PST

    I threw away the box and receipt to my AirPod pros. Is there any way to get them serviced or replaced in the case that they start acting up?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 11:13 AM PST

    I threw away my box and receipt for my new AirPod Pros. Is there any way I could still take them in to be serviced?

    My friends have just started acting up, so he's taking them in to be serviced or replaced. If mine start doing that, is there any way to take them in even though I don't have the receipt or original box? Thank you!

    Edit: Thank you for everyone who responded!

    submitted by /u/MyProblems-Throaway
    [link] [comments]

    I am so beyond frustrated

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:53 PM PST

    Upgraded today from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone 11, tried to get all set up. The thing is, I, for a few of my younger years, shared an Apple account with my Dad when he used to pay for things like that for me. Now that I have my own money, I've made my own, and the apps and music from both eras mixed together.

    I'm trying to set up my iPhone 11, but it will, without any ceasing, ask for the password to my dad's account. I entered the correct password and even changed it, but it locks me out despite me changing it...myself? It will display the notification bubble asking for the password over and over, no matter how many times I just say 'cancel' or 'not now', to the point that I can't even use the phone.

    I've never encountered something like this. I don't even need my old downloads, I am close to shaking with frustration.

    submitted by /u/73windman
    [link] [comments]

    Why are these permissions greyed out?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:20 AM PST

    For anyone with an iPad 3 lying around...?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:22 PM PST

    My dad's still using an iPad 3rd gen (iOS 9.3.5, maxed out) and he spends a lot of time on Ancestry.com (using Safari). Apparently for the last few months he's noticed functionality on Ancestry to be limited - he specifically showed me the search function; when you tap the "Search" button after typing anything in, the button changes to "Searching..." but never loads the search results. Could anyone test this on their iPad 3 and confirm whether the same thing happens (no login is necessary)? I tested on an iPad Mini 2 running iOS 12 and it worked fine. I restarted the iPad 3 and downloaded another browser (Dolphin - the only 3rd party one I could download) and the problem still occurred. There is an Ancestry app, but my iOS is too old to download it.

    My hunch is that Ancestry just stopped fully supporting old versions of Safari (and IIRC all 3rd party iOS browsers are based on the same engine so they'd yield the same results), and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that. I'm aware the 3rd gen is old and slow, but it still works for most of his needs and it'd be silly to immediately go for a new one just to fix a single site's problems.

    submitted by /u/IAintNoCelebrity
    [link] [comments]

    My screen does not rotate

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:19 PM PST

    I own an iPhone 6s running iOS 13.3. I can only get it to rotate using the rotate screen button on YouTube. The orientation is not locked on portrait. I've tried restarting my phone, switching from standard to zoomed view and back. I tried to calibrate my compass, but the red arrow is stuck at north, and the manual calibration screen does not pop up. I opened the Measure app to check the level, and it reads 0 degrees at any angle I tilt my phone. How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/exhausted02
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering images from messages saved to iCloud

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:14 PM PST

    Is there any easier/faster way to download iCloud images in iMessage conversations?

    I'm trying to find an old image from a text conversation, but they take forever/never download on my phone in the message app.

    I've also tried doing this on my very old Mac, but at some point the messages weren't synced and although they are now, there's still the huge gap between when it un- synced and tonight when I synced them again.

    Is there another way?

    submitted by /u/TeatothewhY
    [link] [comments]

    Prevent iOS from auto logging into apps

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:42 PM PST

    I've been struggling to find a solution and I'm starting to pull my hair out over it.

    How do I prevent apps from automatically logging in? I'm running iOS v13.3 on iPhone XR.

    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/juicy-tomato
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple Watch series two won’t charge for more then a minute

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:55 PM PST

    My Apple Watch series two, on watch os 5.3.1, won't charge for more then a minute. It will be charging for almost exactly a minute then stop charging until I unplug it and plug it back in. I have tried a different cable, restarting the watch, and factory resetting the watch to no avail.

    submitted by /u/BlueJetGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Friend finally got on the AirPod band wagon, we have the same iPhone models and same gen AirPods but we can’t figure out why his share audio function won’t appear? The picture is mine and I can share audio but I can’t get his to? Also his iphone Has iOS 13.3 same as mine

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:49 PM PST

    How do I delete the health data from my iCloud storage?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:02 PM PST

    MacBook Pro (2015) Display Glitched Out

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:35 PM PST

    My macbook pro is having a weird display issue. From the second the screen starts at boot it displays only noise.

    Photo: https://imgur.com/SvNRWeu

    I can still use an external monitor just fine, keyboard and trackpad are fine but the macbook display itself shows just noise. This happened first a few weeks ago and then recovered. I put my computer to sleep for the night and the next morning it happened again and recovered after a few seconds. The display recovered probably 4 times and each time without fail after sleeping it would do this again. Now it seems to be permanent and I can't get it to recover (though an external display still works).

    Anyone have any thoughts? Bad screen display cable? Bad panel? Anything I can try?

    submitted by /u/theferalrobot
    [link] [comments]

    iMessages Deleted! Is it still possible to see?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:34 PM PST

    So I sent a photo meant for someone else to my dad' iPhone 11 Pro Max. I deleted it off our text conversation and also was able to check his phone to delete it off there as well. I checked the recently deleted album and it wasn't there either.

    I thought I was in the clear, until I thought about his iCloud. Is it still possible for him to see the photo even though I deleted it from mine and his phone?

    Is it possible for his iCloud to still have it?

    We're both running the most recent version, he has a iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I have a iPhone XR.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Nakamura
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone dongle is acting strange. My lightning to headphone cable is randomly playing music or activating Siri by itself. What do I do?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:32 PM PST

    Whenever I slightly bend my apple dongle it would randomly play a song from my Apple Music or it will activate Siri. Sometimes when I'm listening to music, it will distort the music. I tested the cable with many headphones and I know it's the apple dongle cable issue. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/ch1mp2302
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to access Apple ID because I've forgotten security question answers.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:30 PM PST

    Hello, I've never owned an Apple product, but I did create an Apple ID years ago just to buy a particular movie. In order to access the account I need the password plus the security question answers. I still remember the password but I don't remember the security question answers. I've called Apple support and informed them of the situation and it's pretty ridiculous but it seems in order to be able to reset the questions you need to answer the security questions which is the exact problem in the first place. Can anybody help? what if I reset the password? Will they send a reset link through my associated email and am I able to bypass the security questions or do I still have to answer the questions?

    submitted by /u/fox_william_mulder
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch/Siri doesn’t recognize that I’m playing music from Apple Music, won’t accept commands like “add this song to my library.”

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:30 PM PST

    I used to use Siri to control Apple Music playing on my phone. I would say to my Watch, "Hey Siri, add this song to my library," and it would get added. Or "Hey Siri, dislike this song," and it would be marked and skip to the next song.

    Recently, this stopped working, and my watch also stopped correctly showing what my phone was playing. I checked for an update to my Watch, and one was available, so I installed it.

    Now my iPhone is on iOS 13.3, my Watch is on Watch OS 6.1.1, and Now Playing on the watch once again correctly shows what my phone is playing.

    But Siri keeps telling me "Sorry, I can only take that request when you're listening to music or a podcast," whenever I ask it to add a song or dislike a song, etc., even though I am listening to music from Apple Music. It always worked before.

    I have tried restarting both devices, and tried disabling and enabling Siri on the Watch. Now I'm out of ideas.

    submitted by /u/iynque
    [link] [comments]

    Reformat 2015 Macbook - Internet Recovery not moving

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:13 PM PST

    So I decided to reformat my macbook and I went into the disk utility while in recovery mode and erased all of the hard drive that were showing under internals. I then tried to install a new OS but got the error "The recovery server could not be contacted."

    Now my macbook is trying to use internet recovery but it wont load past the first 1/10 of the loading bar.

    2015 Macbook OS Catalina

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/admrhds
    [link] [comments]

    [Iphone 6S] Redditors that repaired their iPhone 6s manually, how difficult was it to replace the screen? Was it simple or difficult?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    I want to repair a family member's IPhone 6S but avoid bringing it to a repair shop. It's $70 for the screen replacement and the replacement parts online, including the tools to attempt this repair, range from $20-$30.

    I've watched a handful videos of how IPhone 6S screen replacements/repairs are done and tbh, it looks a bit easy replacing the screen. Is it worth the attempt to repair them manually?

    Also, another reason why I want to avoid the repair shop is that when I got my iPad back there happened to be a small yet noticeable debris under the screen. Severely irritated by it, this led me to believe they don't clean devices well enough before installing a new screen.

    submitted by /u/IceeIvy
    [link] [comments]

    [iOS] Odd issue with Bluetooth AAC codec and YouTube

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:01 PM PST

    I own a few devices that will use the AAC codec over Bluetooth. Which is supposed to be better quality than the default SBC codec Bluetooth requires.

    Here is what's odd. When I have an AAC codec connection between my headphones (Marshall Major III Bluetooth) and my iPhone (iPhone XR - iOS 13.3). All local videos play fine. Videos in Plex appear to play fine. YouTube videos are out of sync. The audio lags behind the video, but ONLY on videos I stream. I have YouTube premium. If I download the video before-hand there is no lag between the audio and the video.

    Now, if I switch to a device that doesnt do Bluetooth AAC, and instead connects via SBC, then videos play just fine.

    Anyone else experiencing this? Is there any kind of workaround for the issue.

    EDIT: Just confirmed this DOES NOT happen when I go to Youtube.com in Safari on my iPhone and play the video from there. Very strange.

    submitted by /u/plazman30
    [link] [comments]

    Factory Reset Macbook Air but it's now on an older version of mac OS

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:57 PM PST

    I recently factory reset my macbook air and after I installed macOS, it went from Yosemite to mavericks. How can i go back up to Yosemite? Also did all the software updates.

    Macbook air (2014)

    submitted by /u/Vtaky
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone Disabled for no reason

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    My Iphone 6s has been acting slow lately because of low disk space so i decided to restart it, upon startup my Iphone displayed text saying "Iphone disabled - Connect to Itunes."

    I connected my Iphone to my computer but now Itunes does not even recognize a device is connected let alone my computer.

    This has really been stressful for me and any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/No_Flockiin
    [link] [comments]

    MBP (2018) had liquid spilled on keyboard. Screen dead. I have AC+ and haven't used my accidental damage incidents yet. Nearest AASP is over 100miles away. Am I hosed?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:47 PM PST

    Sign in with Apple - Unable to hide my email

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:14 AM PST

    Bent Apple Pencil 2 wont draw.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:56 PM PST

    My Apple Pencil 2 was dropped and the tip bent. I screwed off the tip to replace it and found that the metal rod inside is also bent, and the Pencil won't draw. It will connect, charge, and the touchpad still works, it just won't draw. Are there any fixes for this?

    submitted by /u/Wonderwhathisis
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro still processing.17 days until delivery date

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:11 PM PST

    I ordered my AirPods Pro on 24/12/2019. It is now 07/01/2020 and they still say processing, but the expected date says 24/01/2020. I am confused Any help with finding out when I can expect my airpods

    submitted by /u/Cheap_Meal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel