• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    Apple Help Help! I'm refurbishing a 2006 MBP 17 Inch that's wasn't power on, but now I could make power on changing the heatsink and plugging some missing cables, but when I first started this happened, so I tried to replug the screen cable but now its only black screen

    Apple Help Help! I'm refurbishing a 2006 MBP 17 Inch that's wasn't power on, but now I could make power on changing the heatsink and plugging some missing cables, but when I first started this happened, so I tried to replug the screen cable but now its only black screen


    Help! I'm refurbishing a 2006 MBP 17 Inch that's wasn't power on, but now I could make power on changing the heatsink and plugging some missing cables, but when I first started this happened, so I tried to replug the screen cable but now its only black screen

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:46 PM PST

    MBP: Can I set my computer up to automatically move a file to another folder when it's been printed?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:54 AM PST

    I'm trying to figure out a way to automatically keep track of when I print a document by sorting it into a different folder after it's been printed - as in, I save all the docs I want to achieve this with to an "Unprinted" folder and then when the actual printing action is taken, the file automatically gets moved to a "Printed" folder.

    Is there any way to achieve this using some part of the printing process (like opening the printing dialogue box, or ideally, when the job is actually done)? Or some other hack type thing? I'm running Catalina 10.15.2 on a 2016 MBP. Thanks for any help!!

    Edit: I've never used automator but I feel like it might get me closer to what I'm looking for. Any suggestions for an intro tutorial on that program? Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be a question of moving to a new folder, if there was some way to change the file name or otherwise mark the file, that's fine too - as long as it's triggered by the doc having been sent to the printer.

    submitted by /u/gavinschriver
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Keyboard Shortcut "ctrl+cmd+A" Suddenly Does Something Different

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:50 PM PST

    I've always used my keyboard shortcut "ctrl+cmd+A" to Archive an email in Apple Mail, but today when I hit the keyboard shortcut, it suddenly brings up this thing, and I can't figure out why. I don't even know what this function is, so I wasn't able to find it in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu in System Preferences to remap my shortcut.

    It looks like "ctrl+cmd+A" is now doing this no matter what app I'm in. Anyone know how to fix this?

    I'm running macOS 10.14.6 on a MacBook Pro (Rentina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

    submitted by /u/monkeycookie
    [link] [comments]

    Missing icon on iPhone dock

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Hey guys, since 3 days i have the following issue :

    The Safari Icon is missing on my iPhone dock, i can't 3D Touch it however i can touch it and launch my safari app when i touch the transparent icon.

    It is happening on an iPhone X on 13.3

    Any idea ?

    Here's a screenshot of my dock, the Safari Icon is between Settings and Message icons :

    https://preview.redd.it/gf8nbm41pfa41.png?width=943&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff8105a863093510f23130c0d2f7d3c2dcd28189

    submitted by /u/Adar59
    [link] [comments]

    This keeps happening and won’t allow me to log on. Once I input my password, the screen goes dark and shows up with this.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:43 PM PST

    What does that grayed out icon mean?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:29 PM PST

    Start up and shut down show all the details as pictured... how do I make it go back to normal?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:49 PM PST

    Hey guys my MacBook Pro 2017 13 inch has this weird glitch problem. if I stop using it and let it rest for a few hours the screen comes back to normal any help would be appreciated.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:05 AM PST

    Left AirPod Pro possibly needs to be replaced, but didn't buy Apple Care

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:05 PM PST

    My left AirPod has been faulty for a few weeks now. I push it in and it makes a squishy/sticky sound in my ear. This doesn't happen on the other side. I tried ordering new seals and trying other sizes and it is still there. I wore them on the plane and there was so much vibration and buzzing from the left AirPod (only with ANC) that I could barely hear my music.

    I want to take it to Apple but I don't think I am covered anymore under warranty. I should have bought it but I got these a week or two after launch day and I think it only covers for 60 days. What is the best way to go about it? I think I might just go in and buy AppleCare and if it still bothers me go tell them the problem

    submitted by /u/zoobyshoe
    [link] [comments]

    iPod touch 5g built in mic issues

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:40 PM PST

    I'm using a app on a iPod touch 5 with a built in mic on the rear. When this app is open, I'm allowed to auto tune my voice in real time. However, if no headset is plugged in I get bat screeches and ringing. If I plug a headset in, I can hear my voice auto tuned in real time with no flaws. however, only the built in mic works vs the headsets mic. I'd like to use the headsets mic. Can anyone help me set this up?

    submitted by /u/just_tryin_2_make_it
    [link] [comments]

    Find my app find location feature not working

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:34 PM PST

    Apple Photos App .png files from iOS screenshots not working! Display as if corrupted.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:30 PM PST

    Apple replaced a broken speaker but now the sound very thin (not much below 500hz).

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:01 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I just got my 2015 15inch MBP (10.14.5) back from apple after they replaced a left speaker that was distorting.

    However, when I isolated the left side speaker I found it only produces higher frequencies. (The right seems to represent the whole spectrum but sounds slightly muted above 4k)

    Before I bring it back. Do the MBP's utilise speakers much like an iPhone does? Where one speaker will handle bass response and the other focuses on high frequencies? And perhaps I just never noticed?

    submitted by /u/GardensOfTheKing
    [link] [comments]

    I wanted to change the security questions to my Apple ID as I forgot them, but when I do it says Insufficient Information To Reset Questions, is there any way I can reset them still? Also, my password and stuff are correct and my region is Asia

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:32 PM PST

    Can someone help :<(

    submitted by /u/Fawtyborty
    [link] [comments]

    Loud distorted screaming noise came out from my 13inch MacBook Air early 2015 speakers

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:10 PM PST

    So I was watching youtube and suddenly this loud distorted and honestly scary noise suddenly came from my MacBook's speaker and I freaked out. I muted it and then unmuted and tried to play sound again and the same noise came out. I restarted and then my Input and output devices weren't showing up in sound and my speakers didn't work. I tried NVRAM reset and all that and it didn't work. Now my mac sound keeps turning on and off randomly, and it sometimes makes the loud noise. help.

    submitted by /u/Lulzsecx
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with my Macbook Pro

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:07 PM PST

    My mac, (late 2016 intel i7 with 16gb ram), is broken. On startup, it takes a few minutes to even get to the login screen, which flickers to life slowly. The trackpad is laggy and unresponsive, and the keyboard will write 10 letters if you press it once.

    Assuming I did it correctly, the NVRAM and SMC have been reset to no avail. Filevault has been disabled through recovery mode, which I can no longer seem to access.

    Things were already acting strange today, like the Touch ID not working. I also believe that the battery has been draining faster. I really don't know what to do at this point; this is a $2500 piece of equipment that has already had the logic board replaced once, so i'm really out of options.

    Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ChosenPrince
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth problems with 2013 MacBook Air

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:59 PM PST

    Hi there. I've exhausted every resource and available option I can think of to fix this, but to no avail. So now I've come to the pros.

    Everything works great on the laptop, no issues with anything except of course battery aging.

    The problem is that bluetooth is all screwed up. I can't use my new AirPods, third-party headphones, or third-party speaker. I've tried multiple different devices (including ones completely unfamiliar to the MacBook) but they all connect for a second and then disconnect.

    None of the devices show up under the Sound module on my toolbar, but they all initially seem healthy on the Bluetooth module.

    I've tried forgetting devices, reseting devices, turning off/on Bluetooth, debugging Bluetooth, deleting the com.apple.bluetooth.plist files, and I have reset the NVRAM and hard reset the Mac altogether.

    I don't know how any of this came about, everything was fine a few days ago.

    As an aside (maybe vital, my bad if it is) I use an equalizer called eqmac2, I thought this might've been screwy so I uninstalled it (with the tool, not by deleting the application) but it hasn't changed anything either.

    If anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SuchGuile
    [link] [comments]

    Mac freezes whenever left connected to Windows Shares. Ideas?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:50 PM PST

    Hey all.

    I have a recurring issue with my 2019 Macbook Pro that I'm getting very irritated with. My wife and I collaborate on a lot of projects, and as such have a NAS in our home. I spend a lot of time connected to that NAS, but as of Catalina I've been having to be very diligent about making sure I disconnect from them any time my Mac is going to go to sleep.

    Unfortunately because I'm not a computer myself, I forget, and the next time I open the share or try and do anything with it, including disconnecting it ironically enough, it causes full system freezes, meaning I have to physically remove the Macbook from the Henge Dock I have and power it off with the button manually.

    This is frustrating to the extreme because it usually will take a very long time to complete the restarts, put it back in the dock, get everything arranged on my ultrawide display. I've been hoping Apple will just fix whatever keeps going wrong in the SMB protocols, but no. The issue persists.

    With that in mind, I was hoping you all might have some ideas on how I could have a script run when the Mac is about to sleep, for example, that could iterate through and disconnect any opened network drives? Or maybe some settings to tweak on the server or Macbook to stop the constant freezes? Anything really, I'd love some thoughts.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/FussyZeus
    [link] [comments]

    What is this ridiculous box that pops up and covers part of my Word document on my iPad, and how do I get rid of it???

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:34 PM PST

    Can you merge header cells in pages?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:03 PM PST

    I'm working on a paper, and the three header format is eating part of my paper title. Is there a way to merge the cells so there are 2 in the header rather than 3?

    submitted by /u/moonieelf
    [link] [comments]

    My friend is trying activate his iMessage, App Store, and Facetime and it says verification failed. Any Ideas?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:58 PM PST

    Its an iPhone Xs and belonged to his sister. She signed out and wiped the device and it will not let him sign into the app store or iMessage.

    Edit: After a short time (10-30 min) the phone pops up "Verification Failed" and has him sign in again. The whole icloud account ends up removed from the phone.

    submitted by /u/Karpador428
    [link] [comments]

    Slow MacBook Pro Having Constatnt Storage & Speed Issues

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Uhhh whoops, typo in my title!? Yikesss!

     

    About MacBook Pro:

    • Early 2011, 13-inch

    • MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6 (16G2136)

    • 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

    • 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

    • Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

    Storage:

    • 239.52 GB available out of 318.52 GB

    Internal:

    • ST9320325ASG Media

    • 320.07 GB SATA internal physical disk

    MacBook:

    • 318.85 GB logical volume Mac OS extended (journaled)

    • 79.34 GB used

    • 17.21 GB purgeable

    • 222.3 GB free

     

    I hope that's enough detail for you.

    My major issue is my MacBook has drastically slowed down recently. Everything takes a minute or two to get started. Lots of the spinning wheel, lots of program not responding, lots of forcing to quit, lots of first aid, lots of restarting, etc. It's becoming a nightmare.

    I bought an external hard drive and backed up the entire drive successfully. I optimized storage to the best of my ability. I read every help page and article about reducing clutter and getting rid of unwanted files. I literally deleted a lot. I think I did a good job.

    Now the extended journaled MacBook disk shows tons of free space, the internal physical media disk is full all the way. I'm thinking that is the culprit. However, I can't seem to free up space no matter what.

    I recently installed Gemini 2 to help with duplicate files and photos/videos etc. That app is awesome.

    Does anyone have any knowledge on my subject or can pleaseeee help point me in the right direction? I just want my computer to work moderately fast again. Thank you very much for your time anyway! :-)

     

    Edit: I just noticed my typo in my title. F's in the chat for me.

    submitted by /u/gbs213
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Wallet not letting me do instant transfer despite my card already being linked to my wallet?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:05 PM PST

    I recently added a debit card to Apple Wallet but when I do an instant transfer its prompting me to add a debit card even though i already added it to the wallet? I know the card is compatible because its a Visa plus ive used it for transfers in the past. Has this happened to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/xxxstun
    [link] [comments]

    Is a refurbished 2014 5k imac with 1Tb SSD and i7 4ghz for $1000 a good value today?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:41 PM PST

    Merging 2 different iCloud backups into one due to a recovered lost phone?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:33 PM PST

    I lost my iPhone off a ski lift 6 weeks ago and I recently recovered it and it still works. When I lost the phone, it wasn't recently backed up so I thought I lost all my data and went on as normal.

    I have text messages on both phones that I would love to have merged somehow and appear as if I never lost the phone. Is that possible or will I just have to take screenshots

    submitted by /u/nbs0216
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel