• Breaking News

    Friday, October 18, 2019

    macOS Recently started using MacOS and just found out that by Cmd clicking on the notification centre you can clear everything.

    macOS Recently started using MacOS and just found out that by Cmd clicking on the notification centre you can clear everything.


    Recently started using MacOS and just found out that by Cmd clicking on the notification centre you can clear everything.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    I wish iMessage’s features like #images and the like would be put into the Mac iMessage app.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    Is there a reason why they still haven't made this happen yet?

    submitted by /u/Pigs3Different1s
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome on MacOS

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    Hello, I have been using Windows for last 20 years. Recently I got myself a new MacBook Pro and it's quite good. The only thing is that I am so attached with Google Chrome and can not live without its sync functionality. Unfortunately Safari don't have this option. So I have to use Google Chrome on my MacBook. The problem is whenever I start using Chrome my CPU almost peaks and fan start getting crazy and my laptop gets super hot. When I check the energy impact I can see that chrome is causing a lot energy usage. I understand that chrome not fully optimized for MacOS.

    I just wonder, anyone with same issue here? Or everyone using Safari? Any tips who would like to stick with Chrome on Mac without killing the battery life?

    submitted by /u/testimoni
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need photo stream turned on to download my photos from phone to Mac?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    I recently updated my mac to Mojave and my new photos stopped uploading, I relogged in to iCloud and it reuploaded (checked) it against my photos on iCloud and its finished now but no new photos. Do i need to turn photostream on to get the photoa from my iphone to my mac?

    submitted by /u/lustforwine
    [link] [comments]

    Ripping CDs to flac

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    I have an approximately 300 CD ripping job and note that a lot of the tools I used to use are getting fairly old.

    I can make them work but thought to query the community on what they use these days.

    Ideally I'd find something that could gang at least 3 drives to the task to make it go faster.

    submitted by /u/ethertoxic
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook won’t load anything

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:51 AM PDT

    So for the past few weeks every once in a while my MacBook Pro would get slow when using internet things then safari wouldn't load anything but after a restart it would fix the problem so I never thought anything of it. Well recently it got to the point anytime I want to open safari and go anywhere it won't load, on the both accounts I have. If I try to do anything internet related it never loads. When I try safari it will say either safari can't open the specified address or it will say safari can't open the page. Here is what I have tried 1. Deleting things like norton(it had been starting to block internet to system apps and apps I know where fine) and my vpn I never used 2. deleting macOS and reinstalling it 3. I tested using macOS with a clean install and non of my files and it worked but once I restored my time machine backup it started doing the same thing 4. updated to lasted macOS Catalina update 5. Boot into safe mode, and it works but if I boot into normal mode the internet stuff doesn't work anymore 6. testing on a second account I had set up All I have found is that once I boot up for a very short time internet will load on safari then it will go back to not loading or giving me the previous errors Do any of you have a solution that might help?

    MacBook Pro 2017 macOS Catalina 10.15 The pictures of what safari shows me

    https://www.reddit.com/user/Stretch4030/comments/djew9y/image_1/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    https://www.reddit.com/user/Stretch4030/comments/djewes/image_2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    *Sorry about formatting I'm writing this on mobile because I can not use my MacBook at all right now

    submitted by /u/Stretch4030
    [link] [comments]

    Call on other devices issue - long ring time on Catalina?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:15 AM PDT

    Since upgrading to Catalina I've noticed that when I get a call on my iPhone & answer it on my iPhone - my 2015 MBP keeps ringing for around 5 seconds after I've picked up the call.

    A few people have mentioned it saying "why am I still hearing the ringtone"

    This never used to happen on Mojave... as soon as I answered a call on my iPhone, my MBP would stop ringing.

    Anybody else noticed this - any possible fix?

    I'm on the latest versions of MacOS/iOS.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Dont-Go-There
    [link] [comments]

    Write to NTFS on Catalina

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:48 AM PDT

    I used to use MacPorts to install NTFS-3g to be able to write to NTFS partitions. It worked great and it was completely free.

    But after MacOS Catalina upgrade, but I cannot complete the install by modifying the scripts as mentioned here..

    https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/Ntfs3gFinder

    It seems that users are able to modify the root system anymore in Catalina.

    Can't bother mentioning Homebrew, because Homebrew will have the same issues as you can't get edit the same files.

    So what other option is there for us?

    submitted by /u/knightjp
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina external keyboard

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:41 AM PDT

    I have a 2017 macbook , and before installing catalina i had 0 problems in recognising my external keyboard (connected to a usb-c hub).

    But know when my laptop wakes up after going in to sleep modus my external keyboard is not working.When I plug out my usb-c hub several times my keyboard also wakes up (sometimes i even have to reboot entirely).

    Really annoying , anybody else has the same experience?

    submitted by /u/Bertzijngedacht
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t install macOS Catalina on a 2012 15” MacBook Pro non retina

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:30 AM PDT

    If you have the model above with a traditional hard drive then stay away from Catalina ,That would make super slow , you're warned

    submitted by /u/unaffected2
    [link] [comments]

    Stop macOS from showing apps from another APFS volume?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:41 PM PDT

    I installed Catalina on new APFS volumes, keeping my Mojave volume. Apps from Mojave keep popping up in "Open with" context menus and as options for uri protocols. Is there a way to disable this?

    submitted by /u/superl2
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth upgrading the 2014 Pro to Catalina if I won't use any new features?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    I don't use Apple media apps (neither an iPhone/iPad), games, Safari, Photos or Mail. I am on Mojave now. No external display. I wonder if upgrading will be detrimental to the performance with OS being too heavy on the old Macbook. I just use Firefox mostly, so battery drain is my big concern. I already have display issues (brightness won't chage, stage effect).

    Macbook Pro Mid 2014 Retina 16GB 2.5Ghz i7 Intel Iris Pro Graphics.

    submitted by /u/bob267
    [link] [comments]

    Apple music problem with the new macOS Catalina Version 10.15

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    So, every time I open iTunes the system has to gather the album artwork. It takes about 2min to load the artwork. WTF!! Am I the only one with this problem?

    Edit: it now is taking 4-7 min to do this process!!

    submitted by /u/FutureObligation
    [link] [comments]

    Just updated, any help getting this message to stop popping up every 10 seconds?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Java command-line tool pop-up reappears even after I've installed/updated to the latest version.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Wifi connectivity issues

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 12:22 AM PDT

    Does anybody else have this problem when they are connected to your home wifi then you take your computer to a friends house and have to restart your computer to connect to a second wifi?

    Specs; 2017 MacBook Pro 13" Mojave 10.14.6

    submitted by /u/deezeyy
    [link] [comments]

    Did Catalina screw up your iTunes/Apple Music?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    I had upgraded to the Beta a few months ago and it ROYALLY screwed up my collection. Couldn't find half the songs, order they were added was screwed up, and obliterated the 'Date Added' metadata on years of music.

    Ended up having to go back to Mojave (but sadly, a lot of damage was already done).

    For those who have upgraded to Catalina, and also had Apple Music, has the upgrade messed up your Music?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/absolut_ian
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina sucked the battery!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    Tonight, I'm gonna downgrade to Mojave. With Mojave the 2016 touchbar Macbook Pro was working without cable appx. 8 hours with high productivity. Today, first time I use Catalina without cable and the battery dead in 1.5 hours! Unbelievable fail by Apple.

    I pay to this machine 10 times more of monthly minimum wage of my country. This is unacceptable.

    submitted by /u/motthebest
    [link] [comments]

    Install of Catalina with bootcamp partition messing up

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    Install of Catalina with bootcamp partition messing up

    Problems are

    1) I want to do it using internet recovery but it's prompting me to install Mojave despite doing option command r

    2) I have a Bootcamp partition that I don't want to delete. Which container/volume should I be formatting since there's some sort of encapsulation going on:

    https://i.redd.it/v1ne6up1x7t31.png

    Am I formatting Container disk1 or Macintosh HD?

    submitted by /u/Kriojenic
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a shortcut key for switching between Today and Notifications?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    Well instead of clicking on Today or Notification why can't we double-finger swipe again to switch between the two?

    submitted by /u/joshmasangcay89
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded to Catalina, Duplicate apps

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    PSA: Reminders synced to iCloud from iPhone/iPad don't show up on macOS unless you upgrade to macOS Catalina...

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    For anyone else who was wondering why the hell my reminders list was empty on my laptop but full of things on my iPhone.

    submitted by /u/omelettoplata
    [link] [comments]

    Subtasks not working in Reminders?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having problems getting subtasks to appear in the new Reminders app in Catalina? I've gone through the help docs and followed instructions but the tasks simply do not indent into subtasks. No amount of drag-and-dropping or keyboard shortcutting will do; Indent and Outdent options on menubar appear grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/nedatsea
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to see what‘s in the PDF without opening it, like it use to be with macOs Mojave?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:01 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel