• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    macOS Now that I have Catalina installed, how do I get rid of this old iTunes icon?

    macOS Now that I have Catalina installed, how do I get rid of this old iTunes icon?


    Now that I have Catalina installed, how do I get rid of this old iTunes icon?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    MacOS Catalina is a Nightmare

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:55 PM PDT

    I have had troubles with almost every Mac Operating update but I have never had such permanent issues like I am facing right now.

    1) Printers

    I use a lot of printers. I have nearly 22 printers and 7 scanners on my Mac and PC. After updating I have lost the ability to use all the Canon Series from before 2013.

    For example : I had a Canon LBP2900B whose drivers weren't supported by Mac already and I had to patch around a Canon LBP3000 Driver to make it work and now I can't even do that because Catalina says "Try to install a driver built for this version of MacOS".

    Now I can't use my two printers at home and three at my Fathers office and I have had trouble with all the paperwork since a week now and it is making me furious.

    2) iCloud

    I have been using iCloud with and without Time Machine for now half a decade. I never used the cloud services before because I am from India and I was never connected to the internet all the times have changes and now I am.

    Here is the problem : It either won't sync at all or only Photos/iMusic/iMessages/Other Apps will sync or some combination of them but you won't get all of them periphery synced. Mojave had just fixed this problem and now with this update everything is messed up.

    One of my biggest problems now is files I store through my iPhone won't show up in my Mac and iPad and what I put on iCloud through my Mac and iPad won't show up on my iPhone.

    In case you think I have not tried everything, I have been troubleshooting iCloud problems since three years and I have tried every trick in the book this time too.

    In the last week, I have shifted all of the documents, spreadsheets and notes in my fathers office on his personal google drive. Then I had to convert each file from .pages to .numbers and this has been mentally so stressful because my father is now used to editing things on those applications.

    The documents and folders haven't synced properly since a week now.

    3)Repetitive Asking for Permissions

    When I allowed the calendar to use my location while I am using the app in the morning why do I need do it in the evening too? Not just calendar, this is true for a bunch of apps and not only third party apps, even the ones that have been in built into MacOS since it started.

    Reminders, Notes, Find My Friends and even the fucking Terminal needs permissions now. Again and again.

    4)Appearance

    The overall appearance is not as appreciable as I had anticipated it would be. I don't know if this is the problem with just me or not but the overall brightness of the machine has went down.

    Dark Mode is good and up to the mark but I really was thinking it would make its way into every app and look.

    5)Working on Core Features

    It has been a nice experience using Spotlight and Finder but I really wish they would work on these more because they are not as powerful as I want them to be.

    Even the apps like Pages and Numbers have hardly had any major jumps in efficiency and productive enhancements.

    I would have added more but I really can't think of any, there are a lot of things that annoy me but I don't have a list.

    submitted by /u/WittyInjury
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina doesn't show iPhone free space in finder

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:36 AM PDT

    Catalina doesn't show iPhone free space in finder

    Hi!

    Do you guys know how to fix the issue where Finder fails to show the free space on my iPhone? Can I remove and add the device back somehow? As you can see I have 120Gigabytes available, but my bottom bar is full.

    #worstupdateCatalina

    https://i.redd.it/ewegie9rb2t31.png

    submitted by /u/fodi97
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to update a brand new Macbook pro from Mojave to Catalina (slow)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:42 AM PDT

    So, I just bought a fully maxed out macbook pro, with the exception of the high priced storage. It came shipped from the factory in China, with Mojave. Why I don't know, as I literally just purchased it about a week ago. Either way, Im trying to update it now to Catalina, and its downloading the update at about 100kb a second. says it will take 2 days to download. All of my other macs get download speeds on my network of about 8mb a second. this should download in less than an hour. Any ideas of why its downloading so slow?

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
    [link] [comments]

    Expanded login window? Anyone experienced this before?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    Why the folder background not dark like in iOS 13??????

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    macOS - Battery Charge Logs

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:10 AM PDT

    Is it possible to retrieve a detailed log of when my MBP was connected to AC? Or, at least, a log of every low battery alert or something similar?

    submitted by /u/FS5001
    [link] [comments]

    Error message when installing Catalina - preboot for APFS install

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    Error message when installing Catalina - preboot for APFS install

    Is anyone else seeing this problem? And does anyone know the solution?

    https://i.redd.it/dnhxkokrb0t31.png

    submitted by /u/soldbellow
    [link] [comments]

    How do I delete the Catalina install file before upgrading?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:16 PM PDT

    I began the install process last night, but after the download completed and installation attempted to begin, it was interrupted because I got an error stating: "macOS Catalina could not be verified".

    While searching around for a solution (which seems simple enough), I noticed that macOS Catalina breaks 32-bit applications like Photoshop CS6. As a result, I'm not willing to upgrade to Catalina at this time.

    Where do I find the Catalina install file, and what's the proper method of deleting it? Can I just delete it to trash like any other file?

    submitted by /u/progthrowe7
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS catalina is a mess...

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:34 AM PDT

    Let me just start off by saying that I am a huge apple fan, I love MacOS and USUALLY it is a very reliable and great experience however for christ's sake apple Catalina is a mess. I was accepting of it when it was in beta but now it's released to the public there is no excuse. I still often have apps stopping responding, annoying bugs and I feel like I spend most of my time staring at a spinning beachball. I have a 2016 MacBook pro and it feels like Catalina has just dropped a weight on top of it. Not to mention it feels like they've removed more things than they've added. Don't get me wrong the features they've added are cool and I love being able to authenticate things with my apple watch but overall it's not a good experience. Come on apple, lift your game.

    submitted by /u/odoug04
    [link] [comments]

    Most of app updates are not shown on Updates tab of App Store on Catalina

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:16 AM PDT

    I have this problem from beta builds. I am on stable version now, but still have it.

    e.g: Tick Tick has an update, but when I go to updates tab, it's not shown. If I search the app on App Store, it shows update button and I can update it there.

    https://reddit.com/link/dj3sy2/video/v6fpbw4gj2t31/player

    I recorded a video. Anyone has the same issue? Restarting, deleting App Store cache, logging out and logging in to App Store didn't help.

    submitted by /u/kkupe
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina - Daily Kernel Panics

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    Is anyone else receiving daily kernel panics in Catalina? Mojave and Windows 10 do not crash at all. I have been on support with Apple for days now with no success. I have a 2019 i9 64GB RAM 2 TB SSD VEGA 48 configuration so it's not old hardware.

    does anyone have any advice on how to get these kernel panics to stop? Over the past 17 years of owning Macs I have never even seen a kernel panic until Catalina. So I do not know how to research the issue and figure out what is wrong.

    oh and to make things more confusing, if I install Mojave first then upgrade to Catalina, I get less kernel panics than a clean install of Catalina. Why? I would think an upgrade would be worse.

    Edit: I figured out how to reproduce this consistently. It's always when my monitors go to sleep. If I use the computer without taking breaks, it won't cause an issue. Any thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/Ethosik
    [link] [comments]

    Will upgrading to Catalina take some space on my macbook?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    Hi! will updating to Catalina eat some space on my macbook pro? or the update file will go away after upgrading just like iPhone updates? Thanks

    submitted by /u/DonutTry
    [link] [comments]

    got a OSX 10.8 macbook and i can't install Catalina because i need to install 10.9 first

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    Hi, my cousin got an old computer and gave me to see if it was worth it fix in it for regular use,

    The computer is in good shape and with a new battery, I told him that 8Gb of ram and an SSD would make it a decent computer for browsing and general light use, I just got all the parts but when I install the OS from recovery It installed OS X 10.8 and when I try to install Catalina It ask for OSX 10.9 or later... someone knows where i can get the DMG of any 10.9+ OS to installed and later update it to Catalina/Mojave ?

    Would I look for them on torrents? or can I create a bootable Installer from my own macbook and force the install on that computer?

    submitted by /u/Gorapwr
    [link] [comments]

    Image Crop is now available for only $0.99 on the Mac App Store

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:14 AM PDT

    Do I have Malware? Every time I visit cultofmac.com I get re-directed to this phishing scam.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    Citrix Receiver with Catalina (Yes I Reinstalled Workspace!!)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    I was getting root cert issues using Citrix receiver after upgrading to Catalina. Figured out that I needed to upgrade Citrix Workspace (with the upgrade that came out two days ago). I upgraded and was happy to see that the root cert issue was gone. Now I'm getting a gray screen and nothing else when I open up my receiver/desktop. Anyone else having this issue with your Citrix desktop since upgrading?

    submitted by /u/ahw34
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine Help! Info in Comments

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    Backing up all media and doing clean macos install

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    I'm on a 2012 mini with a lot of obsolete apps and doesn't really function these days as anything more than a media hub connected to my tv. I'd like to run a clean install but I'm wondering if there's an easy way to find all my created folders with media in it. I've been really disorganized and have tons of folders within folders of misc stuff and don't want to forget anything before wiping the drive out.

    submitted by /u/jiffypark
    [link] [comments]

    Is this how Disk Utility in Catalina should look right after a clean install?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    In Mojave it would only show a single drive I'm wondering if this is a bug. I tried doing a clean install twice and have the same results.

    Does Catalina handle the main home folder differently?

    https://imgur.com/gallery/wQz6VV3

    submitted by /u/Shawzborne2
    [link] [comments]

    MAC OS Catalina built in VPN Issues

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    I am running into an issue in MAC OS Catalina trying to use the built in VPN connection as "Cisco IPSEC" where it will not send or save the shared secret. Has anyone ran into this and is there a work around for this? When I enter the shared secret and save it and try and connect it states "No VPN Shared Secret was provided" and when I enter back into the authentication settings the shared secret has been cleared out.

    submitted by /u/alphafilter
    [link] [comments]

    Sound Themes

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:25 PM PDT

    I am not sure the best place to look. However, I was wondering if there is a place I could download sound "Themes" for my Macbook? For example, If I wanted Mario, is there somewhere that a them of sounds is already set up and I can just download the sounds?

    submitted by /u/childam123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel