• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    Apple TV Netflix finally admits the obvious: Competition from Apple and Disney will hurt

    Apple TV Netflix finally admits the obvious: Competition from Apple and Disney will hurt


    Netflix finally admits the obvious: Competition from Apple and Disney will hurt

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    Fix? Netflix has distortion since tvos13

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:05 AM PDT

    Since the update to tvos13 the videos I'm having some distortion in Netflix: - a horizontal screen wide flash every ten/thirty seconds of maybe four centimeters high that looks like the snow of an old television. - I have it with old and new movies and or series on Netflix. - I have an Apple TV 4K.

    Does somebody know a fix?

    submitted by /u/Alibeh
    [link] [comments]

    Having to unplug devices using CEC

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:18 PM PDT

    I have my ATV4K setup to power on both the tv and sound bar. I'd say every 3-4 weeks or so it has a hiccup in the power sequence and I need to unplug to get it to function again properly. I've had this happen with the google chrome cast as well. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue/has a fix for it.

    It's not super important but it's definitely annoying when I've just sat down with my movie snacks and a glass of wine. First world problems right?

    submitted by /u/Doxl1775
    [link] [comments]

    Can you pair two sets of AirPods to Apple TV like you can the iPhone now on tvOS 13?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    Playing Music in Room via Siri

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:05 PM PDT

    Hello!

    Scenario, and quick question:

    I have an AirPlay-compatible Sonos Beam and an Apple TV connected to my living room TV. When I ask Siri to "Play _____ in Living Room", it only plays on the Beam. Is there any way to have Siri play via Apple TV by default (or even as a combination of Apple TV and the Beam, though it would be redundant)?

    The reason I ask is because I would to be able to also get the new lyrics view whenever I play music as well. I know I can specifically ask Siri to play something on the TV, but it's odd that the Apple TV doesn't seem to be considered as being in a room, if that room is specified.

    submitted by /u/AminIssa
    [link] [comments]

    Is Plex still the best way to watch downloaded content on an Apple TV?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm looking to pick up an Apple TV soon and was wondering if there is a way to use my iCloud drive or somethin similar to stream shows and movies from my Macbook. I like Plex but would prefer a more first-party Apple solution. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/askysoblue
    [link] [comments]

    new tvOS 13.2 beta is out

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:02 PM PDT

    as per the r/tvOSBeta sub-reddit beta 17K5078a is out. I've only just installed it so it's too early for me to comment about.

    submitted by /u/moooooooo427
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously honest question

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:27 PM PDT

    Is there any viable alternative to the AppleTV 4K remote out there? I love the AppleTV viewing experience and the hardware is more than adequate for years to come but these remotes are seriously making think of changing platforms. I can deal with a few of the quirks but the scrubbing & skipping are almost to the point of being unbearable. Wanna do a 15 second skip just hit the upper right or left side of the remote, but it's got to be the perfect upper left or right or you just pause what you're watching. Wanna scrub 30 seconds? After the long pause you scrub 5 or more minutes. I know I'm not the only one as I have more than a few friends experiencing the same. I love the platform, but there's' got to be an alternative solution for the remote and one that doesn't require giving Apple $100 for an improvement on something so subpar. If I'm just doing it wrong, I'd love some tips, but YoutubeTV, Amazon Prime & Netflix all behave the same unpredictable way with all 3 of my AppleTV remotes....

    submitted by /u/Stone13
    [link] [comments]

    help with apple tv multi user

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    just updated to ios13. when you turn on the apple tv, is it supposed to ask which profile is watching, or do i have to manually choose one from the menu? is there a way to set up the former?

    submitted by /u/cumcrimes
    [link] [comments]

    Casting not always available for YouTube and Netflix

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    Hi the casting for those to app seems to be available only at random moments. Is there anyway to resolve this issue ? Thanks !

    submitted by /u/Stagiaire16
    [link] [comments]

    TV App keeps jumping back to home screen

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:52 PM PDT

    Newest ATV (Non 4k) TVOS 13.. I dont often use the TV App since there's not much there of any value, but today I went in to see if I could sign up for Apple TV+ because the wife wants to watch that show with the girl from Friends thats an old lady now.

    The problem: whenever I scroll down to about where the AppleTV+ shows are listed, the TV app just "goes away" leaving me back at the home screen. Basically at this point, the TV App is unusable because of this.. The TV app worked fine several days ago the last time i used it.

    I've restarted twice and the app is still crashing .. anyone else having this issue or am I just lucky?

    submitted by /u/TheInternetator
    [link] [comments]

    The real reason Apple and Google still hold big launch events

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:08 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel