• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 28]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 28]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 28]

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple revealed new Airpods Pro!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:04 AM PDT

    AirPods Pro Launch Reportedly Happening ‘This Week’ At Apple’s Local Offices

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:28 PM PDT

    Android switch to iPhone 11?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Hey I've been a lifelong Android user for awhile but after the price Gap is closing between Android and Apple I've been more convinced that going to a more reliable and resellable iPhone is the better way to go. With my devout Android users making the switch and seeing the red iPhone It's hard to justify risking how an Android will hold up. The last apple product I bought was a 4th gen iPod touch and wanted to hear what you guys have to say.

    submitted by /u/kerza501
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t get off iOS 13.2 beta

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    I get a pop up message that says please update to latest iOS. But when I go to software update it says I am up to date. I also can't leave the beta program as the (profile) setting in general is not there. Anyone else have this problem? It says I am on iOS 13.2(17B5059g) and I am on iPhone 11 pro

    submitted by /u/Alec1127
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pitaka Aramid Fiber Magcase - Reviewed & Compared

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:16 AM PDT

    I have been on the search for the "best" Carbon Fiber design case for my new iPhone 11 since purchase a few weeks ago. While I am on my journey, I wanted to share my thoughts with the community for others looking for information.

    The Pitaka Aramid Fiber Magcase is a premium minimalist case and one of the best I have tested for the iPhone 11. The fit, finish, and style is top-notch, and as of now it is my #1 choice of case for my daily use on the iPhone 11!

    Imgur Album of Pictures Here

    Full review:

    The tone is set immediately by Pitaka when first opening the box. I really appreciate the focus Pitaka has on the packaging for their case rather than just throwing it in a foil plastic bag or plastic and cardboard container like most. When I lifted the case out of the box I was immediately impressed! I was surprised at just how extremely lightweight and thin the case was, yet it felt very solid and durable. This is a true aramid fiber case, not just a print over plastic or TPU like most. The design of the fiber weave is fantastic, and the texture of the material has almost a rubbery feeling. It is certainly better than anything I have tested so far.

    Installing the case is very simple - the phone *snaps* into the case securely from side to side. First feeling after installation - still immensely pleased. The Pitaka case hugs the phone perfectly and seems almost if there is nothing on the device (.85mm thickness claim from Pitaka but I did not measure…I will take their word for it). The phone with this case is very easy to hold and I didn't feel like it was going to slide out of my hand like some of the other cases I tested. The case has precision cutouts for the buttons as well as the speaker and charging ports on the bottom, and a channel cut out at the top. I don't know what the need for the top channel to be cut out and my personal preference would be that the whole top would be covered by the case but certainly not a deal breaker.

    On the rear, the cameras protection is substantial despite how thin the case is. The camera bumper allows you to lay the phone down without any concern. I believe the camera bumper would certainly help avoid damage during a flat rear drop, but I am not going venture into that testing voluntarily. The case has a built-in metal plates in the rear as well which can be used with magnetic mounts or other accessories. I am not sure how Pitaka achieved this in such a slim case, but it works very well. I tried with another branded vent mount and it was nice and strong with no concern of falling off.

    Flipping the case around to the front is the only time I felt my enthusiasm lessen. As someone who lays their phone face-down on my desk regularly, I immediately noticed the lack of front lip or raised corners on the Pitaka case. The case wraps around from the back but stops short of the phone's screen bezel. With that, a screen protector is HIGHLY recommended and almost a necessity with this case. Since I already have a tempered glass screen protector on my phone, I am not overly concerned BUT the lack of front lip is certainly something I must be continuously aware of during my daily use.

    Overall, I am very pleased with the Pitaka Magcase and it is a winner (almost) all the way around. The visual appearance on the iPhone 11 looks fantastic (I am a big fan of Carbon Fiber) and I love the added grip without bulkiness. I will be alternating between this Pitaka Magcase and the Tasikar over the coming weeks and plan to compare further against the Mous Carbon Fiber and Speck Presidio Pro Carbon (pending release).

    Pros:
    Premium materials used – fit and finish is superior, and it looks amazing!
    Rubberized texture feeling provides great grip and easy one-handed operation
    Comes with metal plates for use with magnetic accessories with zero added bulk

    Cons:
    No front lip or raised corners to protect the screen face or allow for laying facedown on table.

    Other cases I've compared against so far:

    Tasikar Carbon Fiber
    Rhinoshield SolidSuit Carbon
    Ringke Onyx
    Incipio dual layer
    XDesign Hyperpro
    MTZhou Carbon Fiber

    I highly recommend purchasing this to any iPhone 11 owners. The MagCase for iPhone 11 can be found here: https://amzn.to/2VPTYVe

    submitted by /u/TShepp84
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13.2 is available now for iPhone and iPod touch.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Anyone use Do Not Disturb?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    Just a discussion, if it is not appropriate I will delete it immediately.

    How often do you use it? Do you on it 24/7? Why?

    I will start first, I use it at night with bedtime , I do sometimes use during the day, but mainly for reasons like don't want to receive call or message from friend. Yes, I have one noisy friend. No offence.

    How about you? Care to share?

    submitted by /u/emilywpb
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone remember being able to customize gmail notification sound?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    My iPhone keeps beeping then dropping calls

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Recently I updated to iOS 13 and also changed my telecom. However, in the middle of a call, I often hear the phone beep 2-3 times and the call drops. Is there any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/kamidrgn
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, are manufactured refurbished iPhones as good as brand new and are they worth purchasing.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    2020 iPhones to have 120 Hz refresh rate

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:26 AM PDT

    I cut the buttons parts on this cheap clear plastic case and I’m pleasantly surprised by how good it feels, highly recommend it

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    TIL that you can edit your exposure while shooting a picture

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    Just focus on a spot and slide down or up with your finger to edit the exposure to your liking

    submitted by /u/Eclipsetube
    [link] [comments]

    How to change Memoji profile picture in iOS 13?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    When I first got iOS 13 I was able to use an Animoji for my profile picture. Now I want to change it but when I hit edit it won't let me use an Animoji again.

    submitted by /u/mooseknuckle57
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 11 Pro Max] what are the best settings for the camera? This is what I currently have.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:52 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel