• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 10, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 10]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 10]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 10]

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple removes police-tracking app used in HK from app store

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:05 PM PDT

    [My Thoughts] - Just upgraded from X to 11 Pro Max

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    PREFACE

    I was deadest on upgrading to the 2019 iPhone after skipping out on the XS series. Not that there was anything wrong with my X, but I had bought it open box for $700 at the time when it was selling new for $1150-1200 for the 256GB IIRC. It was a great deal, the phone was still plastic wrapped!

    Fastfoward 2 years, my battery isn't lasting nearly as long as it used to, and I'm having issues holding apps open in memory. To make things worse, certain actions are becoming sluggish.

    Last night I sold my X for $600. I couldn't believe it. Immediately went to Best Buy and bought the last Space Gray 256GB iPhone 11 Pro Max they had in stock. It's been less than 24hrs since then, but here are my quick thoughts.

    IMPRESSIONS

    - The XDR OLED Screen is amazing! I watched some 4k HDR content and it looks incredible! It's on par with the Sony Master Series OLED TVs as far as my eye can tell. Just WOW! The contrast and brightness is absolutely ridiculous.

    - The speakers, the volume and clarity even at max volume is soooo good. It reminds me of the best portable Bluetooth speakers from 3-4 years ago.

    - The camera are VERY impressive, night mode, the ultra wide angle, and the wide angle selfies all look as good as you've heard/seen. This is a HUGE improvement over my old X and the still images look as good as my old Panasonic GH4 in terms of sharpness and noise.

    - Battery life. I watched an hour long episode of Mindhunter Season 2 on the Netflix app at 100% brightness and my battery only dropped to 97% by the time the credits came on. WOW.

    - The faster charger is finally included and the quick charging is seriously fast, I gained 15% in about 20 minutes this morning before leaving for work.

    FINAL THOUGHTS

    Overall this actually feels like a good upgrade, I didn't need a new phone, but I got a good deal to sell my X and this still feels like more of an upgrade than I thought it would. I would definitely suggest the upgrade if you're coming from an iPhone X or earlier.

    #AMA And I'll respond soon as I'm able.

    submitted by /u/Alucardis666
    [link] [comments]

    Apple canceled and says refunded my order for iPhone 11 Pro but.....I already picked up the phone.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 11:14 PM PDT

    I joined the iPhone upgrade program and got my phone the day after release but it never updated on my orders that I picked it up so a couple weeks ago I contacted Apple and told them the situation, I noticed this because my AppleCare wasn't on my phone & I wasn't enrolled in iPhone upgrade program. They told me that the problem had been fixed and everything's all good now. But I just received an email saying my loan has been closed and the amount I've paid will be refunded because I "returned" my phone or never picked it up. Not sure what to do here or what this means lol.

    submitted by /u/agentzack
    [link] [comments]

    3D Touch

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 01:47 AM PDT

    Is anyone else missing the 3D Touch on the new iPhones? I'm missing mine more than I thought I would, especially when try to edit txt.

    submitted by /u/gonzaka
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pricing Is Said To Be Higher Due To The Use Of New Materials And A 5G Connectivity

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Apple now selling Microsoft Xbox controller to boost Arcade service in iOS 13

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    China slams Apple's decision to allow police tracking app for Hong Kong protesters

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    IOS13 Health app help

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    I used to store all of my prescriptions, immunizations, and other data in my health app. But now with the update, I can't find that anywhere. When I try and get to it it says I have to connect to my health care provider. Is there a workaround? How do I get this information without having to connect to my health care organization?

    submitted by /u/MrsLight_Bright
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro Max cruises past Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ in battery life test

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 09:50 AM PDT

    iPhone 11 (non pro) review

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 01:01 AM PDT

    So I had the iPhone 11 for about a week a bit ago, and thought I'd review it.

    First impressions: It's thick, like, really thick. The bezels around the screen are thick, the body of the phone is thick, and it was surprisingly heavy. i had the white colour, which was sort of a nice, yellowish off-white. You can really see the difference when side by side, either with white paper, or even an iPhone XR, and I think it looked really clean and good looking.

    Cameras: The cameras are incredible. They do an amazing job of putting what's in front of you into a photo, but has a tendency to make whites appear blue, and reds more orange. for instance, my desk, which is a shade pink, appears completely yellow, whereas my keyboard and touch pad, which are white, appear to be under an artificial bright light. It's not enough to make the photo look bad, in fact, it enhances the look, but its enough to know when side by side that its a little off. This is completely reversed in Night mode. Whites appear yellow, and reds appear purple, to me, it looks better, and is probably software related photo enhancements, but it is something to keep in mind. The front facing camera is just as incredible. Detail is super sharp, colours look great, its essentially one of the best cameras on the market today.

    On a side note, please apple, stop mirroring the image after the photo is taken. It looks trippy and makes photos look a lot weirder. Either do it live while the photo is being taken, or not at all.

    Display: This is what pushed me to the 11 pro. It's good for an LCD, don't get me wrong, colours look amazing, the brightness is good, but the resolution was so bad, I could see the individual pixels and anti aliasing on the G key whenever the keyboard was up. For some of my friends, its not a problem, and to most it wont be, but its a dealbreaker to people like me who really want a sharp display.

    The notch also bothered me. It's 2019, and it still looks as bad if not worse than the iPhone X back in 2017. The thick bezels were also noticeable. It's not bad if you keep your phone in a case, especially a super thick one, although gets annoying and very noticeable from time to time.

    The Battery: The 11 comes with fast charging, but lacks the fast charger in the box (again). That not really an issue, however, because the battery would last me a day or more whenever I forgot to plug in. I never really thought about the battery, and was impressed the one time I got the low battery notification, since it was at the end of a second day of constant, heavy use.

    The overall performance is incredibly fast. Everything is about as fluid and smooth as you'd expect a modern smartphone to be, (though animations are slow) and the faceID works about the same as my friends XR, which was a disappointment to me, there isn't any noticeable better viewing angle, and its exactly the same in speed.

    Should you buy it? No. Unless you really need the camera upgrade (which is a really good upgrade), you will probably be better off with either an XR, or (even better), a used X/XS. If you do need the camera upgrade, however, I would recommend buying later in the year, when the software is optimised, and all the stores are doing some kind of extra deal with it.

    It really would have been a convincing option when looking for a mid range to semi-premium smartphone, that is, if the display was at least 1080p

    Feel free to ask me questions in the comments or via pm if that's your thing :)

    submitted by /u/MyMemesAreTerrible
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit finally removed the functionality of 3D Touch?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:11 PM PDT

    I just noticed it recently, ever since updating my reddit app I haven't been able to use 3D Touch unlike before. It was one great last remaining remnant of 3d touch ever since Apple removed it, and finally reddit removed it.

    submitted by /u/TapaDonut
    [link] [comments]

    Scratch problem rumors??

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:39 PM PDT

    I saw some people talking online about that they have scratches coming up on the Iphone 11 series in the 1st week of using the phone. Is that true?

    submitted by /u/Omar_Elsayed98
    [link] [comments]

    How do you hold on to an iPhone 11 without a case!?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    The phone is gorgeous and amazing to hold but my god, it's slippery as hell. I can't bring myself to stick a ring or pop socket on the back of the actual phone. I like to take the phone out of the case when I'm on the couch or in bed but day to day use I could never be without a case.

    submitted by /u/nullspectre
    [link] [comments]

    Best calendar app for integrating google calendar with google tasks so they can be viewed in one app?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:07 PM PDT

    (Instead of having to switch back and forth between apps) Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Yardles27
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Cover art of videos not showing when manually added from Mac to iPhone using the TV app

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    Is it just the iPhone 11 screen that's having problems with scratching?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 01:48 AM PDT

    or is the iphone 11 pro screen also scracthing?

    submitted by /u/jdoog72
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get into this iPhone 11 pro Mac .. first time iPhone user

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:07 PM PDT

    Been with the galaxy s series all my life, have an s10+ and an iPhone 11 max pro now and just can't get use to this phone.. any customization apps anyone recommends ? & I've been really wanting to having floating YouTube player, does that not exist ? Can I play my downloaded movies or shows on a floating player too? The multitasking on this phone seems like it doesn't exist or am I just not able to figure it out ?

    Also any suggestions for new iPhone user ?

    submitted by /u/leanordw23
    [link] [comments]

    Lifelong Android user (since 2012). Bought 512GB 11 Pro Max coming from the 512GB Note 9. Here’s my impression on it...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    Bought iPhone 11 Pro Max as my second phone (because I have 2 sim and I was using Note 9 and Note FE (2nd phone and the screen cracked).

    IMHO there is nothing special when you switch from Android to iPhone unless you're from non-recent or non-flagship phone.

    Responsiveness? I feel no difference. UX and UI? Better on iPhone but not much difference but I prefer android's keyboard (I really need haptic feedback keyboard on iOS). Apps? Much better on iPhone. Camera? iPhone win except on 10x zoom.

    Mobile gaming is so much more fluid on iOS and I can't deny that.

    What I don't really like about iPhone is the so called walled garden ecosystem. WhatsApp (the ability to send uncompressed image as file on iOS version of WhatsApp is something I sorely need) is much better on android though I use it on both phones. File management on android is much better.

    Samsung Music is better than Apple Music in every way be it user interface, ability to load your music in a curated and organised folder (years of music collection organised in album based folders and I have to compromised by making playlist on Apple Music instead and painstakingly add music to the playlist one by one). TBH, not being able to load my music as a collection in organised folder is my biggest gripe on iOS. I only use the Apple Music (not the streaming service) to load music that is not available on both Spotify and Tidal (I'm subscribed to both premium and Hi-Fi even Apple Music streaming service).

    A plus point to Apple is that the Bluetooth AAC performance is far superior to my Note 9 with almost zero interference even in crowded mall which my Note 9 succumbed to. Since I use Sony WF-1000XM3, I always listen to music on iPhone now instead of my Note 9. I heard that AAC on Android has latency issues which frankly I've never encountered even though I game regularly on Note 9 with bluetooth earphone.

    YouTube Vanced on Android is godsend (I always watch YouTube in 4K whenever available and forced VP9 codec as it's much crispier in sharpness with substantially less visible artifact).

    Google chrome interface on Android is miles better than on iOS and it make my browsing a much more enjoyable and faster experience.

    Power users are better off with android while casual users are better with iPhone but getting both is the best.

    submitted by /u/nickhdfan
    [link] [comments]

    What does AppleCare/AppleCare+ actually do?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:30 PM PDT

    well...Title, I guess.

    so I bought an iPhone 11 recently. I tend to go naked because well...especially this one switching back coming from android is nice and pretty and purple. I like looking at it, and I believe the phones were not DESIGNED so elegantly to be kept in a case. anyway....

    this led me to a conversation with my girlfriend about getting applecare, since I can do that for the next 60 days (about 55 days at this point) or forever hold my peace...or pieces of my shattered iphone in the future.

    SO SHE SAYS that applecare is a scam, its insurance for no reason, and if i were to drop my phone, or crack my apple watch, the insurance doesnt do anything and doesnt cover it. I looked on the website, it says it does.

    someone with Applecare/Applecare +, give me the real skinny. Just trying to live my best life with a pretty phone.

    submitted by /u/GrumpyKitten514
    [link] [comments]

    It's almost 10PM, Apple site says it can deliver iPhone 11 the next morning through curier delivery, even though it's not available for pickup at the store. How?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:29 PM PDT

    It's almost 10PM, Apple site says it can deliver iPhone 11 the next morning through curier delivery, even though it's not available for pickup at the store. How?

    Is this accurate? Anyone have experience with this?
    How can this be delivered from the store if it is not even available for pickup?

    https://i.redd.it/d2xd24lf5nr31.png

    Here's the delivery dialog:

    https://i.redd.it/7abqhb9m5nr31.png

    submitted by /u/whatwordtouse
    [link] [comments]

    Yes, I know this isn't ideal but feels like a better compromise than having people search for "Updates".

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 01:13 AM PDT

    I pick up my pro max today from Fedex. Any tips?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    I'm upgrading from a 7 plus.

    submitted by /u/rmstone
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel