• Breaking News

    Monday, October 7, 2019

    iPad My Setup for 5 mos now. TwelveSouth Compass Pro, Lofree Dot Keyboard, MX Master Mouse, and the OG iPhone.

    iPad My Setup for 5 mos now. TwelveSouth Compass Pro, Lofree Dot Keyboard, MX Master Mouse, and the OG iPhone.


    My Setup for 5 mos now. TwelveSouth Compass Pro, Lofree Dot Keyboard, MX Master Mouse, and the OG iPhone.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    The Verge iPadOS review- better browser, multitasking, file management, and more

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:47 AM PDT

    This has certainly given me a new found love for math, which was the main reason I bought it. Book on the left, notes on the right.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    With iPadOS you can now play Netflix shows in Safari! [P.S: Just like the app, video can’t be recorded]

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    [Discussion] True Tone is not aggressive enough (2018 iPad Pro)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    When I sit in the library with my iPad, I notice that True Tone is not aggressive enough. True Tone is supposed to make your iPad screen look natural under the current lighting—almost like it's a piece of paper itself. Without True Tone enabled, the iPad screen looks unnaturally blue. With True Tone enabled, it's better but it still looks very blue next to my stack of paper. I have to turn Night Shift on (my setting is at the normal warmth) for it to look like the paper which is next to my iPad. I'd leave Night Shift on all the time, but when I go outside it looks unnaturally yellow.

    My point is, I don't think that True Tone is aggressive enough. It doesn't seem to go the "full range" of temperature which would make it look unnatural under a wide variety of lighting (outdoors, indoors, etc.). I don't want to have to toggle Night Shift every time I'm in the library. I wish there was a setting to set how much True Tone actually tries to adapt to the environment.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/TestFlightBeta
    [link] [comments]

    Floating keyboard keeps changing location on screen

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    Anyone else find this very annoying? For example, if I'm messaging someone using messenger and I change apps but return to messenger, the floating keyboard will be in a different area of the screen.

    submitted by /u/sh0time
    [link] [comments]

    Way to test Apple Pencil functionality?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    I feel like my pencil/iPad (2017 10.5 Pro) combo has some issues. Sometimes no strike is registered or pressure/angle is not accurate. So while I'd assume it's the pencil, I can't rule out it's the iPad itself. Any suggestions on how to figure this out?

    submitted by /u/dresseryessir
    [link] [comments]

    My first attempt at react web development on an iPad. Coda + VPS + create-react-app + Express. Looking forward the day I can travel without my Macbook.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:17 AM PDT

    General Settings NOT Multitask-friendly... For the love of God, WHY

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:14 PM PDT

    TBH, general settings (the actual app) would be in my Top 5 'Most Needed to be Split-screen Compatible.'

    Think about all the times you've wanted to just briefly interface with a setting, but are forced to exit the app you're in to get at it.

    Is there a REASON for this lack of functionality? The only thing I can think of is that for geriatrics peering over their glasses rims as they fumble around with features they'll never quite master anyway, a "Home Base" for settings is a sort of comfort factor... I.e. a floating screen with all their app settings might not 'feel' right - or confuse them in some nearly negligible way... That's all I've got. Help enlighten me.

    submitted by /u/stomach
    [link] [comments]

    Update: 2 year old iPad is still bricked.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    Follow up to this thread.

    Sorry, but this whole situation pissed me off. I've been on the phone with Apple twice, tried restoring the iPad from multiple computers, and even went to an Apple store today. The only answer i've gotten was, "Sorry it happened, but you can get it replaced for $299."

    There's no reason that a 2 year old iPad should brick itself doing a normal OTA update. It just pisses me off that it would still be working fine if I didn't update it. And meanwhile my mother's 2nd gen iPad is working like a champ.

    submitted by /u/medic3166
    [link] [comments]

    Vertical iPad case?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I have an iPad Pro 10.5. I was wondering if anyone knows about a case that will prop up my iPad vertically because in my experience prefer taking notes with the iPad in portrait rather than landscape.

    Currently I am using the Logitech slim combo and the Apple Pencil, however I rarely use the keyboard so that's not necessary on my new case. I would like the case to have a holder for the Pencil and be decently protective. Thanks for all y'all help!

    submitted by /u/scatachtheone
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS too slow in entering passcode

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:35 PM PDT

    I have an iPad Mini 4. I use the passcode, not fingerprint. Before I upgraded to iPadOS, I could turn the iPad on, hit the home button, type in my 6-digit passcode rapidly and be logged in. Since the upgrade, I can no longer do this. It's too slow. It loses one or two of my digits, and I have to back them all out and type it slowly. I have slowed down my data entry to the point where it will accept all my taps and get my passcode right. But now it's so slow that even an octogenarian watching me can capture my passcode.

    I had hoped this would be fixed in 13.01, but no. Maybe in 13.1? Probably not.

    submitted by /u/RunningJunket
    [link] [comments]

    Compatibility of iPad Air charging cable with iPhone 6s

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    Hi - my 86 year old friend's iPad Air (2014) is no longer holding a charge. I think her charging cable may be the issue. Can I use my iPhone 6s charging cable to see if it charges her iPad? I know the problem isn't due to wear and tear because she only uses it for Facebook. :) Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IAmNotBenFranklin
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    Am i the only one still using an iPad 3

    submitted by /u/Alistair2404
    [link] [comments]

    Clip Studio Paint on the iPad mini?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    I'm an artist and I spend much of my time in Clip Studio Paint. Currently, my main machine when I'm moving around is an iPad Pro 12'9, first gen.

    Recently I started developing a personal coloring workflow which makes heavy use of gradient maps and clipping masks, and for the first time in my life I've felt my iPad Pro get _warm_ under the load (occasionally getting display bugs as well, such as layers not fully loading). I'd been looking into the iPad Mini, and considering this new data point I'm wondering whether it could actually handle what I'd want to throw at it.

    Question is twofold: is there a straightforward comparison ratio between the iPad Pro 12'9 first gen and the current iPad Mini's calculation powers? I believe the Pro has 4GB versus the Mini's 3GB in the RAM department, but I have no idea how the processors compare, and the fact that the Mini displays less pixels might compensate for the RAM variation.

    And, is there anyone who has used CSP in (relatively) heavy workflows on the current iPad Mini, and if so how did it go? Would you recommend, discourage?

    submitted by /u/takaminacchan
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make my ipad 6th gen 2018 be able to have the benefits of accessories support of ipad os?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    I have a USB c fast charger, ssds/HDDs and pen drives i wish to use with the same. Any adapters you might point me towards would be helpful

    submitted by /u/creagrox
    [link] [comments]

    My setup at my girlfriend’s.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 07:31 PM PDT

    KOTOR on iPadOS and PS4 Controller Support

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:27 AM PDT

    Does anybody tried KOTOR on his iPad Running iPadOS and a PS4 Controller? Would like to buy it, but its 10,99€ and i dont want to waste my money here.

    submitted by /u/SpaceCaptainKent
    [link] [comments]

    how long can an ipad actually be good?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    So im thinking of buying an ipad(i dont know what exactly). But i have been wanting it for a while now. The main reason for me wanting to buy an ipad is the entertainment purposes of it. I know i know , you guys would say then get the cheapest available ipad. Im somewhat nitpicky and once I notice an ipad getting considerately slow,lagging,delay it would be a turn off for me.

    So to make things more simple im planning on maybe buying the iPad mini 5 but how long can it last? when i mean last i mean how long would it take for it to be old , slow and maybe not support newer apps?

    submitted by /u/noobplayer123
    [link] [comments]

    Pdf's sometimes show up empty, what am i missing?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I just got my first ipad yesterday and iam really enjoying it. Totally new to the whole infrastructure though, and i only know apple from the iPhone i had.

    The reason i got it was thati want to use my sheet music digitally. I want to readi as well as write it, and thats why i also got the pencil. How i go about it is I open a pdf i have of empty sheet music, basically just empty lines, and go to town on it using the pencil. I opened it in "files" i guess the program is called.

    Long story short, i wrote quite a few pieces today, but on sending them over email or uploading them to google drive i find ive sent just empry bars, and nothing i have written shows up. I guess this has to do with me basically annotating the pdf and not literally editing it, but for the largest part the files show up as i created them. For instance i can email it to myself and on opening see it as i made it, but then upload it to gdrive and it ll be empty. Or i can airdrop it to my iphone and see it, but then email it to my wife to see her open empty staves.

    What gives?

    I got notability an hour ago which does seem to work when i edit it in there from the get go, but that doesnt help me with the 10 songs ive spent my day writing out.

    Can i find a way to make the annotations permanently or should i give it up and just start over in notability?

    I hope anyone can help!

    Kind regards, W3gg001

    submitted by /u/w3gg001
    [link] [comments]

    Apple smart keyboard rusting on the smart connecter port (1st Gen)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    I see little Rust spot on the smart connecter of the Smart Keyboard and on the iPad right now I wiped it of the iPad did came off but the smart keyboard board now had a little rust spot right now. Should I book apple service?

    submitted by /u/QuackRoadkill
    [link] [comments]

    How long do you guys expect newer iPads to remain "current"?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    Current, as in, still supported by Apple.

    Quite frankly, I'm surprised that the iPad Air 2 can run iPad OS 13, and is still receiving support. It came out five years ago. It would be awesome if my iPad 5th gen. would be supported like that. I bought it in the summer of 2017 and it's running great from day one. I'm the type who waits until their current tablet or smartphone is absolutely at its EOL before upgrading or buying another brand.

    Apple's forced obsolescence is only really matched in the mobile market by Google's support terms for Chromebooks, which are usually five years. (My Chromebook was released in 2018, and would be officially supported until 2022..but I removed its Write Protect screw and threw the latest Ubuntu LTS release onto it).

    submitted by /u/smashingyngman
    [link] [comments]

    Notability vs Apple Notes in iPadOS [Paperless Student] Comparison

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 12:31 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel