• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 13, 2019

    Apple TV TikTok for Apple TV is now available on the App Store!

    Apple TV TikTok for Apple TV is now available on the App Store!


    TikTok for Apple TV is now available on the App Store!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    Is there a way to specify which app a show opens in??

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    Atmos 'wrong speaker' issue with Netflix ATV app

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 01:51 AM PDT

    Experiencing an odd issue with the ATV4K Netflix app / Atmos audio. Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this:

    When watching Netflix content with Dolby Atmos sound, the channel mapping sometimes gets all funky and starts coming out of the wrong speaker (eg voices that are meant to be sent to the center channel will come out of my left surround speaker). It happens on every title with Atmos, though always at different times. The Netflix app built into my LG OLED does not exhibit this issue and I've tried a different HDMI 2.1 cable / reseting my device to no avail.

    My hypothesis is that the Netflix ATV app is sending a variable bitrate stream and whenever the stream dips to a lower bitrate (due to fluctuations in my 100mb internet connection), it's somehow screwing up the channel mapping within the Dolby MAT 2.0 container which causes my AVR to send output to the wrong channels.

    I recall there were some major bugs related to Netflix Atmos streaming on the ATV4K when it was first introduced, so wondering if this could be related.

    submitted by /u/Dbaus
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot change volume in an app. Bug or feature?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    Hi

    Is anyone else unable to to change the volume when watching a video?

    If I connect AirPods to the Apple TV and watch something like prime video I can't adjust the volume and have to go back to the home screen to do it.

    Happens in various video apps too.

    submitted by /u/yukyum
    [link] [comments]

    Can I AirPlay a video on infuse app to the ATV with Infuse Pro?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:00 PM PDT

    I'm asking because when I try to airplay only the audio plays and video is playing on the iPad. Everything on the latest iOS/tvOS version.

    submitted by /u/thnok
    [link] [comments]

    Family Sharing removed from TV app.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 01:13 AM PDT

    A few betas back you were able to watch movies bought from family purchases in the TV app. It would just say "Play" and now it shows options to either buy or play thru a streaming site. If they want us to use the TV app more then bake this feature back in!

    Yes, I know that I can still use the iTunes Movies app for Family Sharing. Yes, I filed a radar.

    submitted by /u/CodyDillion
    [link] [comments]

    ALCS - 4K, but HDR?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    Watching on the Fox Sports app (not Go). It's showing as 4K, and the image is nice but supposedly Fox was going HDR for this. My LG C9 tells me when I go HDR (including if it's HLG). Not getting that from the app. Other's experiences?

    submitted by /u/MilSF1
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe I’m late to the party, but I’m really loving ESPN multicast during football season! I normally watch with YouTubeTV, but the ability to whip between two or more live games is awesome, and free using the ESPN app with my YTTV log-in.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    Audio issues with tvOS 13

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:00 PM PDT

    Has anyone else had issues with apps not playing with the correct audio output post the upgrade to tvOS 13?

    My setup: Apple TV connects to Denon AVR.

    When I used to play movies or apps (Netflix, Disney, HBO, etc) they would output in Atmos or Dolby Surround, etc, as necessary.

    Now I'm experiencing situations where everything will sound fine - I think switch apps to a movie with Atmos, or something, and the Denon no longer receives the right signal to change and things sound "muted" or off... the 5.1 surround sometimes doesn't kick in at all...

    Switching apps doesn't seem to help...

    The only solution I've found is to reboot the AppleTV 4K and then everything works great again.

    I'm assuming something was changed in the audio framework with tvOS 13.

    I filed feedback with an issue report to Apple, but curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing... (and if so, encourage you to also report to Apple to hopefully get on their radar)

    Definitely ruins the ease of use to have to keep rebooting the device...

    submitted by /u/mrbean21
    [link] [comments]

    AirPlay stops when Apple TV sleeps...

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    When I AirPlay my music to the Apple TV it disconnects when the sleep timer is up. And basically shuts off the box at 15mins. Which is fine but pre update it seemed that it would go past the 15 mins and just use the screen saver and continue playing my music. I don't know if it's a bug or a new setting I need to fix. Btw, I don't want to turn off sleep completely. Anybody else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/RIGGSMAGIC
    [link] [comments]

    Custom sort movies, or custom movie playlist or category

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    Is there a way to custom sort your itunes movies on the apple tv? I'd like to create a movie queue/playlist for some of the select movies we have to filter down to 20 or so movies to pick from. With a lot of movies now, it's a lot of movies to go through to pick a movie.

    Up next has a mix of recently purchased and recently played which has a lot of the kids movies, or movies that I might have purchased but don't want as part of my "up next" queue.

    I'm thinking of the way that steam will let you create custom categories.

    submitted by /u/msdmoney
    [link] [comments]

    Switched to Infuse and have an occasional small issue

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    Duplicate Profiles on Apple TV

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    I have two identical profiles showing up on my Apple TVs. Is there a way to remove one? I read an earlier thread that said: "Go to home app settings. Go to your profile. Deselect show on TV and then turn it back on. The duplicate profile should be gone."

    I did this and it did not fix the problem.

    Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on how to delete one of the profiles?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/39Keyboard
    [link] [comments]

    Up Next in TV app shows some shows

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    Recently with the new (horrible) OS 13 update, some new shows that I start watching come up in the "up next" area and some shows don't. This happens even though I may have started the new show in the same app that I'm watching others, like Hulu. I've restarted the device but still some shows don't show up.

    Example: Bob's Burgers, Superstore are in my "up next" from the Hulu app, but the new show I started Mr. Inbetween is not. Even though it is also from Hulu. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Dgoldfe13
    [link] [comments]

    “Sleep After” timer. What setting do you use?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    It seems some settings are way too long. I don't know under what scenario one would like their Apple TV to wait 10 hours before going to sleep.

    I have mine set to 1 hour but I often find myself put it to sleep manually when I'm done.

    What setting do you use? Any particular reason?

    submitted by /u/_-MjW-_
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Remote on sale 34% off

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel