• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Apple TV For those that think HDR is washed out on apple tv 4k

    Apple TV For those that think HDR is washed out on apple tv 4k


    For those that think HDR is washed out on apple tv 4k

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    You might want to check your cable and make sure you're tv is calibrated, I went and got a 21gbps hdmi cable from walmart and hooked it up to my tv and then used a calibration app, and the difference is night and day.

    submitted by /u/VaBullsFan
    [link] [comments]

    QuestOD/dplay coming to AppleTV 1H2020 (UK)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:05 AM PDT

    Dplay which is an app for UK Discovery networks is coming to AppleTV in the first half of 2020. I sent them an email and got this response.

    I appreciate your interest in our programmes. I am also glad to let you know that we will be expanding dplay on to new platforms in the first half of next year.

    submitted by /u/MileHighNightClub
    [link] [comments]

    TVOS 13 pretty much killed TV app usability in UK

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    Since the update, the TV app has become useless due to numerous reasons.

    • On top shelf, you don't see the unwatched 'up next' programmes, so I had to move it away from top shelf
    • TV app and iPlayer viewings are no longer in sync. Watching something on iPlayer won't automatically put it up next
    • Now I'm offered ITV+ programmes through Prime, even though I haven't subbed ITV+ and the programme which is free to watch on ITV app is not available as an option in TV app
    • All4 programmes in TV app won't start automatically, rather they just take you to All4 app front page. The All4 front page is not consistent and unless restarted frequently, won't show the subbed programmes.
    • All4 programmes pop up in TV app, but are not watchable (not found) in All4 app until several hours later
    • My5 programmes in TV app only opens the My5 app front page, but won't take you to the programme itself, let alone start playing

    In TVOS12, TV app wasn't perfect, but it was useful and had the basic functionality of aggregating all the favourite shows in one place and viewing was working. Now it's pretty much worthless.

    When TV app was introduces to MacOS, I was expecting to search, follow & watch the TV programmes in it, but it only offers iTunes content, which I don't use, so that's another useless app taking space on my laptop.

    Pretty much a sh*tshow, what they did with the TV app.

    submitted by /u/MileHighNightClub
    [link] [comments]

    HDR looks weird compared to Dolby Vision

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:26 AM PDT

    Hi, We recently bought an Apple TV 4K and hooked it up to a LG B6 Oled through our Denon X3300-reciever. Unfortunately we experienced some Lip Sync-problems playing Dolby Vision through the receiver in 24hz. We turned off Mach frame rate and that solved the lip sync, but due to the B6 oled only being capable of showing Dolby Vision in 24hz, it also meant that video in high dynamic range now shows in HDR and not DV.

    I do know that DV is considered to be better than HDR, but the difference is much bigger than I thought. DV is very clear, the highlights really pop, the colors and the light look much better. HDR in comparison looks dull and sometimes downright weird (especially on the last Harry Potter-movies. Bright scenes there look weird and fake almost, like a movie from the eighties. In DV it looks great).

    At first I thought that I could get HDR to look more like DV with adjusting the settings on the TV a bit. After a lot of testing and adjusting I was able too get HDR to look a bit better than before, but it's still nowhere near DV in quality. Is really DV so much better?

    submitted by /u/nordvest2
    [link] [comments]

    Buying an Apple TV

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:28 AM PDT

    Over the past few months I have been very tempted to buy an Apple TV 4K, but apparently/I feel like apple will release a new one with a spec bump, is it worth the risk to buy one now? Or wait and see if they do refresh it. I'm very sceptical with buying older products as the AirPods 2 and new iPad Pro were both released a.Week after I bought them :(

    submitted by /u/RhapsodyYT
    [link] [comments]

    Washed out, light gray fog compared to Firestick 4K and Roku.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    Sony xbr65x900f, the picture always appeared slightly washed out compared to the same content (YTTV 1080/60 football) on two other devices. Tried setting APTV to DolbyVision and 4K HDR 60hz, (default) match frame rate and dynamic range both on. No change. Tried Firestick and looked at TV settings, it was 1080p SDR. On Apple the TV with same content it was HDR. Set the Apple TV to 1080 SDR and the haze disappeared. Apparently the APTV is not matching when set for HDR or DolbyVision or unsuccessfully trying to convert it to HDR. With it set for 1080SDR It did match/ switch to HDR and DolbyVision content. FYI.

    submitted by /u/Nhstreaming
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else now all of a sudden have all their iTunes library movies in the TV app Up Next?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    I don't see how I could have accidentally done this, so I'm thinking it's some kind of server side glitch.

    submitted by /u/Rybo213
    [link] [comments]

    There is less than a week until Apple TV+'s launch. Here is some information about what there will be and show-specific subreddits.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:19 AM PDT

    اقوى الهواتف الذكيه عمرا للبطاريه

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    Apple TV + iTunes Home Sharing - photo screensaver stopped working

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    I have an Apple TV 4K running TVOS 13.0 (17J586). For a year or so, I had it setup to display the collection of photos shared through "Home Sharing" on a Windows PC running iTunes (ver. 12101.4.43017.0 from the Microsoft Store; last updated 10/25/2019). Recently (I think coincidental with the iTunes update on 10/25/2019) it stopped using my photos as a screensaver (using the "Aerial" screensaver instead). The problem is, I can't get the Apple TV to switch back to using my photos as my scrensaver. Or rather, I select it in the menu system (including selecting the album and folder of photos, which I am able to preview on the Apple TV), but when the screensaver starts, the tv screen is just black instead of showing photos. When I go back to the ATV menu, instead of the screensaver being set to Home Sharing, it's set back to Aerial as the source. Also... I am unable to "preview" the Home Sharing screensaver (it's just black).

    submitted by /u/HighSpeedTreeHugger
    [link] [comments]

    Create shortcuts to "sub" networks?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    On Apple TV, a network like NBC (I guess it's called an "app" on the TV if you download it from the App Store), may have numerous "sub" networks such as USA, CNBC, and MSNBC. Is there any way to create a link to these subnetworks on your home page just like HBO and Netflix links (or icons) so that you don't have to navigate down through NBC to get to those networks and watch a show? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/robertlf
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Remote + Samsung FRAME Art-Mode

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I am using the Apple TV 4K connected to the Samsung Frame and I want to keep using the Apple TV Remote.

    When turning the Frame into standby with its own remote it switches to „Art-Mode" showing photos instead of a black screen. (This Feature is on of the reasons why we got it). When I use the ATV remote to turn off the ATV and „all connected devices" it turns the Frame off entirely instead of switching to standby Art-Mode.

    Has anyone any ideas or suggestions how to make this happen?

    Thanks! Jan

    submitted by /u/_jansom
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Blacks out Every So Often "No Connection Detected"

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:48 AM PDT

    Just installed new apply tv 4k and noticed issues the previous apple tv was not having. In particular, every so often the screen turns black while watching something and a notification comes up that no signal is detected. Then after a few seconds the screen comes back up and the show is paused.

    The black screen and no signal message is as if I unplugged the HDMI cord from the tv or appletv, but of course both ends are in securely. Also the cable is good because I have been using it on other apple tv without these issues.

    Firmware is up to date so can't think of what else issue may be. Everything I look up is just about screens turning black as if through inactivity, not a full video disconnect.

    submitted by /u/Lemur1989
    [link] [comments]

    [tvOS 13.0] PiP ONLY works with iTunes Library

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    Sorry of this is a duplicate post but I scanned and searched and found no thread for this. If so, feel free to PM me the link and delete this.

    Having said that, I'm shocked that there isn't more discussion about this. From what I've gathered around the web and from my own personal experience, the Picture in Picture function works ONLY with content in your library of shows/movies that you've purchased. I have tried launching a live stream or previous episode that appears in my Watch Now screen and either the icon for PiP doesn't show why I soft tap or swipe up on the remote pad or sometimes not even the scrubbing function. I've tried this on various apps (SportsNet, TSN, DAZN, CTV, Global) with no success.

    I just want to watch two live streamed games using PiP. I mean, that's essentially the primary function for PiP, or am I alone in thinking this.

    I sincerely hope they fix this ASAP.

    submitted by /u/freerangehumans74
    [link] [comments]

    Can App store games play natively from aptv yet?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:46 AM PDT

    I wanna play the gta games natively from atv without an iphone using my ps4 controller is this possible?

    submitted by /u/fakeuser1232
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel