• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Apple iOS Lockscreen dark font

    Apple iOS Lockscreen dark font


    Lockscreen dark font

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:07 PM PDT

    While phone is in Airplane mode: "There is a software update" and "Carrier settings have been reconfigured." ... WTF?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    So my phone was in airplane mode overnight and when I woke it up this morning (airplane mode still on), it gives me two popups:

    "Software update xxxx is available."

    and another one to the effect of:

    "Your carrier settings have been reconfigured."

    First of all, how does this happen when the phone is supposed to be blacked out? Is it still communicating with AT&T when it's in airplane mode?

    About a year ago I complained to AT&T that I was being charged for data transfers while my phone was in airplane mode. Their data log (available online when you review your account) was showing significant data activity (megabytes) at times during the night when the phone was in airplane mode. The support person asked for my permission to install extra logging or something on my phone to "monitor" what was happening. After that, they stopped logging data usage against my plan during airplane mode.

    Very suspicious.

    Secondly, does anyone know what that carrier settings message means? (I'm not sure I am accurately phrasing the exact wording.)

    Thx.

    submitted by /u/keyboard_jedi
    [link] [comments]

    Feature or a Glitch? iOS 13.1.3. Go to the notifications screen (leftmost) , and swipe down till it's a little hazy then swipe up quickly. Phone locks out and refreshes

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    Why this 4 sites are showing Safari use screen time even though I did not visit them today. I don’t have apps for this sites, and no open tabs in safari but bookmarks in Safari.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:41 PM PDT

    Why are reminders even on iCloud.com?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:51 PM PDT

    I just started using the new iCloud reminders and it doesn't even allow;

    1. Adding due dates on any reminders.
    2. Adding or deleting reminder lists.
    3. Showing which reminders are actually due, scheduled, etc.

    Am I missing something or does this seem like Apple intentionally ruined this?

    submitted by /u/J46PTTW66J84Z883
    [link] [comments]

    Call blocking and identification is missing from settings, can I get it back?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:42 AM PDT

    Does anyone remember being able to customize gmail notification sound?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:51 AM PDT

    Where did this go? Coming back from a two year android adventure and I love my new pro 11 max, but I'm desperate for custom Gmail notification sounds. Did they remove this in iOS 13?

    submitted by /u/OmegaVillain
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro + Apple Pencil + Books app

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    I love the above combination for an academic life. Unfortunately, I can't own them.

    I have some questions about how they work. Therefore, if you own them all, will you please answer my questions? If so, thanks to you.

    ⚠️ this post might get updates for future questions.

    1. What happens if you pressure touch a selected word with Apple Pencil (would it define the selected word?) or what happens if you pressure touch a word that is not selected with the Apple Pencil?
    submitted by /u/Mirwais0noori
    [link] [comments]

    Happens every single time I use automation. Won’t appear for 1-3 minutes. Even with exit commands it still does this and it’s not even location based. How do I fix this??? The shortcut runs perfect but this extra pop up is annoying!! Also....why is it called automation when I have to confirm action?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:08 AM PDT

    Whyyy does my iPhone KEEP asking me to "Sign in with Apple ID"?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    Since I updated my iOS, I get the "Sign in with Apple ID" prompt like 5 or 6 times a day. It's SO frustrating.

    I can be doing anything, scrolling through Instagram, playing a game, reading the Times, and it just pops up randomly. I don't know what app it's for, if it's just the OS, or what, but I never had this issue before.

    I enter the password every time, it goes away, only to come back later.

    Is there a new setting to change so it just KEEPS the password?

    HALP please.

    submitted by /u/konakazi
    [link] [comments]

    iOS Backup?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:01 PM PDT

    I have this app that just crashes every time I open it up. I feel this is because of just recently updating my phone to the most recent iOS update. I have important files on this app and scared to lose them. Is there any way I can open the app in a previous iOS some how? Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/tayk47s
    [link] [comments]

    Single Iphone with Kids and Parental support. How to Manage?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:36 AM PDT

    So..this one kinda stumps me.

    My brother's kid was given an Iphone 6s. It's the ONLY iphone in the family. Nobody else has an apple Id, or Mac or iphone.

    What is the correct process for managing that iphone from a parental perspective? He (my brother) can't create an apple ID for his child because of age (too young).

    Does he create an apple ID for himself and sign himself into the phone? Or is there a way for him to get an apple id and then do family sharing management via the web or itunes on Windows and create a child account (no Mac in the house)?

    What options are available?

    thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/Suvalis
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t move cursor making alarm label

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:25 PM PDT

    Gifs keep saving as regular images

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:55 AM PDT

    I'm using an iPhone 7 for this, and it's up-to-date on iOS updates.

    I've been putting a gif onto Discord and trying to download it on my iPhone through that way, but saving it will only save it as a regular image.

    submitted by /u/Idiotinfrontofadesk2
    [link] [comments]

    Two Spotify accounts on one iPhone?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:51 AM PDT

    I just switched from Android to iPhone. I have a family plan and am using an extra account just for my Echo devices. On Android, I could duplicate the Spotify app and sign in to both from my personal and the Echo account in order to easily select radio stations or artists from the Echo account's app.

    Is there any way to get this same functionality in iOS? I don't want to sign out/in to the Echo account every time I want to use it, as I sync a lot of offline playlists.

    Any ideas are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Silverhawk1991
    [link] [comments]

    Best practices for rearranging app icons on the HomeScreen?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:40 AM PDT

    any tips or hacks?

    submitted by /u/Rady1234
    [link] [comments]

    Use Siri for specific app

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:31 AM PDT

    Hi

    I was wondering if I could use Siri only for shortcuts app and disable for the rest apps. And that's because I want to disable Siri but shortcuts apps only work with Siri enabled.

    submitted by /u/teoraki
    [link] [comments]

    Podcast app with proper downloads

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:18 AM PDT

    Sorry for another podcast question, but what I am looking for should be simple, yet for some stupid reason it isn't. On android I had a podcast player where I could set a storage limit, for example 1 gb, and if it exceeds that it deleted the oldest episodes. I want the same on my iPhone. Please help.

    submitted by /u/GeForce_256
    [link] [comments]

    Contact Deletion Bug

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:49 AM PDT

    This is a new one on me - I went to text a friend and, upon sending it, her contact info was deleted from my phone, and it showed her number, only. I went back and searched for her name, and nothing came up. Searched on another iOS device, too, with the same results. Has anyone else seen this? I'm on an iPhone 11 pro, updated to iOS 13.1.3.

    submitted by /u/blendertricks
    [link] [comments]

    Is “speak screen” completely broken for anyone else?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    What I mean by speak screen is when you swipe down with 2 fingers and iOS will read whatever is on screen.

    submitted by /u/Djs3634
    [link] [comments]

    Why does 'Photos' appear twice in my iCloud settings?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:03 AM PDT

    I was under the assumption that I was not uploading my photos to iCloud as I have Photos turned off in the iCloud settings...

    Then I scrolled down and realized there is another option for Photos at the bottom which was turned ON, I have turned it off now as you can see in the picture but why does Photos appear twice and what does having that second option 'On' do?

    I just checked my iCloud account and my photos weren't uploaded as expected... so what exactly does that second Photos do? I have not been able to find anyone else talking about this online. I have Photo Stream turned off, etc, all Photos on my phone should be local so I'm just confused about that second Photos option.

    submitted by /u/OddOn3
    [link] [comments]

    Does whatsapp and facebook support dark mode in ios 13?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    Reddit broke Safari Content adblockers around a week ago I think. Anyone else unable to scroll?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    Hello all! When this post was published I was super happy because it was really useful but I think Reddit has caught on and the fun is over :/. When opening reddit in a private window you get the XPromoPopup that can be disabled with div[class="XPromoPopup"] but it's impossible to scroll down. I think it's because of <body class="dayMode Scroll-disabled"> but I have no idea if it's possible with a content blocker to delete disabled. I used the developer menu in chrome.app to manually delete "disabled" and that brought back scrolling. Anyway I use 1Blocker X so I sent them a message but I was wondering if anyone uses a different adblocker and has the same scrolling fuckery. Or if there's a way to undo this stick in the wheels.

    I tried posting this to r/apple and I'm either banned there or it was blocked by automod.

    submitted by /u/iamthebchang
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone not sync audio books but the macos books shows them

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:27 AM PDT

    My audiobooks disappeared a couple days ago from my iphone and I cannot find why.

    I thought the issue was location (they are in an external hard drive) but the books app still shows them so macos knows where they are and everything is sync with icloud sho it should not be a problem, right?

    wrong. The books macos program shows them but the iphone cannot sync them and i don't have any idea why.

    Anybody found the same issues? Any idea how can i solve this?

    submitted by /u/X-Trem0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel