• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 26, 2019

    Apple Macbook Help me please

    Apple Macbook Help me please


    Help me please

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:11 PM PDT

    Purchased Macbook Pro in April 2019 but in the "About" it shows 2017

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    I purchased my Macbook Pro in April of this year, after looking for the serial number to see if there was any recalls on it for the battery, I noticed that it said "MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)". Is this normal for purchasing it new in 2019? I did purchase it right off the Apple website, I upgraded to 16gig RAM and I used my daughter's MacDonalds discount.

    submitted by /u/jubejube99
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Draining Quickly

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I set my 2017 MBP for a top case replacement and got it back Thursday. Everything was great until I actually had to use it. Last night I noticed the battery was draining a bit faster than expected but it wasn't until I used discord that it started to tank. I got on and my battery was at 68 or 69%. Within 25 minutes, I noticed that I was down to 45%. Before my top case was replaced, it would take me about 65-80mins of Discord to use the same amount of battery. I'm updated to Catalina if that matters.

    submitted by /u/Dianchie
    [link] [comments]

    How to set MacBook so it doesn’t go to “sleep” when not used? (And has brightness brought all the way down)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:54 PM PDT

    I just got a puppy and we are crate training him during the night. To soothe him, we want to play 8-10 hrs of white noise on YouTube from our macbook. We plan on leaving the laptop near him and turning the brightness down until it's dark. How can I set my laptop so that it doesn't go to sleep if not being touched/used? I need the YouTube video to be playing constantly through the night.

    submitted by /u/Tapexx
    [link] [comments]

    2009 Macbook 10.10.5 how can I speed it up?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:56 AM PDT

    I am close to buying a new macbook, I use this one mostly for spotify and some web browsing, but I wonder if there are some pro tip ways in which I can speed this baby up. I am open to completely wiping if that improves speed. Any tips appreciated.

    submitted by /u/swatecke
    [link] [comments]

    How to Fix Windows Bootcamp Thermal Throttling

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    Have a 2018 Macbook Air 13 in. With 8gb ram and a 256GB SSD. Can i upgrade my SSD?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:27 PM PDT

    Hi there!

    I bought a 2018 Macbook Air recently (What i could afford with my budget), and i found that even with the 256 GB my space is limited as i need to run bootcamp with windows 10. I want to know if the SSD is upgradeable or not. i have cloud storage with onedrive and such, but i'd like more offline storage.

    and if i can, is there an easy way to get a catalina iso image from apple if i need to do a fresh install? thanks guys.

    Here is the Serial Number (in case it is needed): C02YP1TMJK7D

    Type: Macbook air 2018 Model A1932

    submitted by /u/VylonSemaphore
    [link] [comments]

    Always Plugged in ��

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    Do you keep your MacBook pro always plugged in? Does it damage the battery?

    submitted by /u/dhabeeb
    [link] [comments]

    USB C port not working

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    I have the non touch bar 2017 13 inch macbook pro. One of the USB C port is not working, so I am unable to charge and plug in the USB C hub adapter at the same time. When I went to the store to repair, they said that that port has some corrosion, and most likely is not working so it is better to replace it. Since i am out of warranty, they told me that since the USB C port is mounted to the motherboard, they have to replace the entire motherboard, and the repair will cost around 1000 usd half of the price of when I bought the device. I am not willing to pay that much, as I might as well buy a new device, though one of the port is still working, so I might be able to prolong this macbook pro life. However, I really want to be able to use 2 ports at the same time, as I want to charge and use my mouse. IS there an alternative solution that I can do that is not as pricey?

    submitted by /u/hkmprohd65
    [link] [comments]

    My speakers just starting making a crackling sound... 2010 MBP 13''

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    So about a week ago my 2010 MBP 13'' speakers started making a crackling sound everytime something with audio plays. It seems like the fix for the speakers itself is a little pricey and time consuming. My MBP has been thru alot, my display was cracked and was subsequently fixed, however my bluetooth hasn't worked since then, I replaced the battery, upgraded ram to 8 gb, and replaced the SSD. I love this model of the MBP with the keyboard etc. Is it possible to buy a used MBP of the same model (2010, 2011), and just swap out the SSD and ram into the new MBP to fix the bluetooth and speaker issue?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ajose001
    [link] [comments]

    Stream just music from macbook with Bluetooth

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Hi there!

    can i send only the music coming, for example from spotify to the bluetooth?

    i dont want to be bothered by whatsapp web notifications and anything else in the bluetooth speaker. i just want to send the music.

    submitted by /u/karlos007hs
    [link] [comments]

    How to prevent macOS from going to sleep mode?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    My new MacBook Pro is so annoying..

    Every time I set some System Preferences, macOS (Mojave 10.14.6) restores them to the default value and I can't get to change the system behaviour.

    Specifically the system restores all the times the setting:

    • "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off", to always be unchecked, under "Energy Saver preferences"
    • "Log out after [ 30 ] minutes of inactivity", to always be checked, under "Security & Privacy -> Advanced"
      Also trying to just change the amount of minutes and leave it checked is anyway reset to 30.

    Try to imagine how funny and inconvenient it is to have your Mac as a media station, just wanting to let some music play in the background, and having it turn off everything while cooking, having guests, sleeping or having sex (yes; lasts longer than 30min 😑)....

    Any idea of how can I solve? 🙄

    submitted by /u/Pictor13
    [link] [comments]

    Partitioning Disk For Windows 10!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:01 AM PDT

    Interesting programs

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    Picked up another macbook pro 2011. What are some cool applications I can run? Im thinking amateur radio/ music/ ect

    Back in the day macupdate had a lot of cool different apps you could download.

    Anyone's favorites?

    submitted by /u/HillbillyBoner
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 19 fan noise and battery usage

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Hey guys, can anyone explain to me how it's possible for a brand new MacBook Pro 2019 15 inch can make so much fan noise when I'm doing nothing but watching videos? Please see this short video: https://youtu.be/XGkJH5Lgofw

    Also, a really strange thing with my battery, if I put my Mac to sleep I can wake up with a drained battery, I've updated to Catalina, I've restored my computer completely and all settings it won't help, however, if I actually shuts down the computer no battery is lost, which means that my MacBook is running while it's not being used. I remember reading once about hackers using your GPU while your computer wasn't in use, I fear that someone is using mine. That's my only explanation for how it's possible for a computer to get drained overnight when a computer on standby can go from 100 to 0 in 8 hours.

    It's also starting to make small sounds like clicking noises of some sort.

    submitted by /u/jakobnorris
    [link] [comments]

    Selling a Macbook Pro 2017

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 04:59 AM PDT

    Not sure if I'm allowed to write this here. This is not a sale advertising. I'm just asking, if I were to sell my 2017 Macbook 13" how much could I sell it for? How do I calculate the current market price for a secondhand Macbook? I purchased it summer of '17 for roughly $1,300.

    Specifications:

    Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) (No Touch Bar) Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8 GB Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

    submitted by /u/amal-smash-all
    [link] [comments]

    BlackBeast Pro eGPU update

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    BlackBeast Pro eGPU update

    Dear friends.

    I am Tobias Lagarhus of the Norwegian company Lagarhus Products.

    Thanks to you all for very important and constructive feedback regarding our Thunderbolt dock «BlackBeast Pro». A lot has happened since last time and we are excited to share it with you.

    For those of you not being familiar with Lagarhus Products and our "BlackBeast Pro" development project, a short summary is at the bottom of the post. (Further information is of course available on our website www.BlackBeastPro.com)

    Thanks to you we have received great feedback from Innovation Norway and are qualified for further fundings, IPR consultation, mentorship, accelerators and much more. We are very grateful for your feedback and advice. The result is shorter time to market which is very important for us.

    Next the final specification is completed and will updated soon with a website redesign and teaser trailer. For starters 10GbE is included. We are looking forward to include a Tech Spec page and can't wait to update you when the new website is published.

    In addition we have received great feedback from external testing and learned much more about the capabilities of BlackBeast Pro. One interesting feature is better and more stable CPU performance when utilizing BlackBeast Pro.

    https://i.redd.it/aqdim1bm3wu31.png

    Further on if you are looking for an all-in-one Thunderbolt dock with end user customization please click the "Notify me" button. Positive results will open the doors for even more support, enabling us to bring "BlackBeast Pro" to market at an even more aggressive pace and price.

    We are presently developing an all new Thunderbolt docking station, named "BlackBeast Pro". To support the design and development phase, we have received financial support by Innovation Norway, the official Norwegian Government institution for start-up support.

    Our vision is a setup where your notebook computer - supplemented by "BlackBeast Pro" - achieves desktop class performance without comprises while giving full flexibility to install your own favorite graphic cards and hard drives. All the necessary ports required to implement your desired workflow are available, and "BlackBeast Pro" even provides simultaneous charging of your notebook computer. All this with a very acceptable price tag.

    We will answer your questions regarding the product and will update frequently with Tech Specs, delivery time, options and pricing.

    Thanks in advance - We need YOUR support!

    Best regards

    Tobias Lagarhus

    submitted by /u/Lagarhus
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Touchbar worth? Suggestions on Macbook Air vs Pro

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 04:49 AM PDT

    I was thinking of buying the 2019 13" MBP with touchbar (256 GB, i5) but I've seen so many reviews about the touchbar being very annoying and useless if not used for video or photo editing. Because of this, I have been looking into the MacBook Air 13" (256 GB, i5), but I was attracted to the Pro because of its fast speeds. I am a high school student so I am not sure about how useful it will actually be, but I also want it to last at least a few years. Battery life is also a factor that is considered, but I don't think that any of these models are lacking in that area.

    I could wait for a sale like Cyber Monday, Black Friday, etc. as I do not have any urgency to upgrade from my Surface Laptop.

    Would it also be worth waiting for the next generation of 13" MacBooks?

    submitted by /u/Radiant_Criticism
    [link] [comments]

    New Scissor keyboard interchangeable with butterfly keyboards [rumor]

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:59 AM PDT

    the rumor has to start somewhere

    submitted by /u/Froopzy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel