• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    Apple iOS TIL Because iPhones shoot photos in HEIC format and not JPG, you get free unlimited original quality backups to Google Photos due to HEIC being smaller and more efficient than JPG so Google doesn’t touch the files.

    Apple iOS TIL Because iPhones shoot photos in HEIC format and not JPG, you get free unlimited original quality backups to Google Photos due to HEIC being smaller and more efficient than JPG so Google doesn’t touch the files.


    TIL Because iPhones shoot photos in HEIC format and not JPG, you get free unlimited original quality backups to Google Photos due to HEIC being smaller and more efficient than JPG so Google doesn’t touch the files.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    With all modern iPhones shooting photos in HEIC format, which is smaller than even Googles compressed JPG files, iPhones therefore get free unlimited ORIGINAL quality backups simply because it would cost Google both storage space (because if Google tried to compress iPhones HEIC photos they would actually become larger) and computing power (because Google doesn't need to compress and process all of the billions of photos iPhones backup.)

    So Apple is literally saving Google millions of dollars by shooting their photos in HEIC and it benefits iPhone users as well because we get free original quality backups.

    submitted by /u/stephenvsawyer
    [link] [comments]

    How can Sidecar consume battery if it’s not even compatible with iPhone?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:52 AM PDT

    The only real gripe I have with iOS 13. Driving me mad! Almost every time I try to trim a video this happens.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:47 AM PDT

    Regulatory when in Dark Mode in iPhone 6s, iOS 13.1.2

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:28 AM PDT

    Still a thing, iOS 13.1.3

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:44 PM PDT

    Wish iOS supports clearing app caches. For example, YouTube has been eating a lot of storage space and I don’t even have downloaded videos.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    Custom wallpapers that support dark mode?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:04 AM PDT

    I was wondering if there was already a source to get new wallpapers that do support the new Dark Mode, or if there was an easy way to add support to existing wallpapers.
    If I'm not mistaken, the official iOS wallpapers do have two separate looks while a regular wallpaper, if set, just gets dimmed to better match the dark mode. Correct?
    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/obyboby
    [link] [comments]

    I made a mistake

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:20 AM PDT

    As the title states, I have made a mistake and I will finally own up and admit it. I was once a owner of a iPhone X. I once let multiple Android users convince me how much greater the other side was. I once sold said iPhone X for a Galaxy S9. Months and months I lived a life of lies; built around convincing myself Android was far superior in many ways. Today, I can finally admit that I was wrong.

    All satire aside, I can't wait to get back into iOS. While the Galaxy was great in many ways (multitasking windows, file management/access, notification, etc), it just doesn't work as fluently as iOS. Having everything work the way you want it to and when you want it to. I thought I could live without FaceTime or iMessage, but I was wrong. While Apple may not offer all the bells and whistles, I have finally come to realize that it doesn't need to. I personally prefer a phone that does what I need it to, when I need it to.

    I will be back, Apple, I will be back

    Tldr; fucked up, sold my iPhone X a few months ago, and can't wait to join the iOS family again.

    submitted by /u/Tmlapi
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR production has begun in India with iPhone 11 next up

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:28 AM PDT

    On the Updates page, there’s a red bubble around it.... Does this happen to anybody? I’m on iOS 13.1.3

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:20 AM PDT

    How many people are waiting for the 2020 iphones ��??

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:21 PM PDT

    How many people plan on waiting to upgrade to the 2020 iphones or taking the plunge for the new iPhones now?

    submitted by /u/zmwright87
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pay transactions from Watch not showing in Wallet app on iPhone - is that normal?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    So yesterday my bank finally started supporting Apple Pay and I've made three transactions with it yet. Two with my iPhone and one with my Watch. Unfortunately the transaction from my Watch doesn't show up in the Wallet app on my iPhone. Is that normal behavior?

    submitted by /u/19SK91
    [link] [comments]

    Changing audio balance per bluetooth device

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    Hey all, so I just now moved to iPhone and my galaxy buds' left earbud have issues and are lower volume than the right.

    I'm looking at options on how to adjust audio balance a bit more to the left but only when I'm using the buds through bluetooth.

    Any ideas? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tactical_Turtle12
    [link] [comments]

    Mail Doesn't Sync

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:49 AM PDT

    Anyone else seeing this? Across my IPad with Ipados 13... and my iphone with ios 13.... and my macbook with Catalina OS.... you read or mark an email as 'read' and the others still show is unread.

    submitted by /u/bitcoinguppy
    [link] [comments]

    Auto unlock, no swipe needed.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:43 AM PDT

    I wish Apple implements automatic unlock of device while using Face ID, without swiping. It can be toggle option in Settings.

    Windows Phone 10 had it long time ago and it was amazing and so fast, although their iris scan wasn't though lol.

    It think Face ID would be faster that way without extra step and turned off as default for security reasons.

    submitted by /u/Hrvatix
    [link] [comments]

    Why keyboard flicks aren't available on iPhone? It's my favorite feature of iPad

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Why keyboard flicks aren't available on iPhone? It's my favorite feature of iPad

    How come they don't have it on iPhone? Makes typing so easy and faster on my iPad and I think it could fit on the screen....

    submitted by /u/Armi5
    [link] [comments]

    Haptic Weaker on 13.1.1?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:48 AM PDT

    Just updated to 13.1.1 on my pro max and noticed haptic wasn't working. I re started my phone and noticed instantly a weaker haptic feedback...as I use Gboard keyboard with haptic. I hope this is temporary because I really enjoyed the prominent feedback.

    I just tested haptic in task app and it seems strong there. So maybe it's only with Gboard.

    submitted by /u/godsidekurt
    [link] [comments]

    Photos app crashes when i try and share videos to email

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:03 PM PDT

    The app keeps crashing (over a dozen times now) when i select a video to share via email. Sometimes it instantly crashes and kicks me out and other times it processes it (with the lil progress filling-pie chart thing) and then it crashes.

    Everything is updated (i checked that first.) And i've even edited some of the videos down (also annoyed that it didnt ask me if i wanted to keep the original and so ive lost some great footage) to like 15 sec from the original 30+ second footage and that didnt help either.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/poptartheart
    [link] [comments]

    Apple disabled IPA backups on itunes 12.6

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:01 PM PDT

    Cannot use itunes 12.6 for ipa backups anymore. is there any alternative? I want to backup an app pulled from the store, because i want to install it on a new device. :(

    submitted by /u/Boroko-sama
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13.1.3 out. Let's hope the best

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:16 AM PDT

    iOS 13 • Notes attached to reminders notifications as banners no longer display. How can I correct this so said banners show notes as was the way with iOS 12?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:36 AM PDT

    I have a number of scheduled reminder on my Mum's phone to help her remember to do tasks on a daily or weekly basis. Since updating to iOS 13 the reminders will only display the title text...completely ignoring the notes text attached to the same reminder.

    This image illustrates how the reminder looks within the app, but the exact same reminder banner will only display the title text.

    Anyone have an idea of how I can fix this up...?

    submitted by /u/ianvoyager
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Wallet stuck on black screen, then crashes

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:31 AM PDT

    As the title describes, I'm having issues with the Wallet app. Apple Pay support was released yesterday by my bank, but whenever I try to go to my Wallet app to add my card the app launches, won't show anything but a black screen, then crashes. I also cannot enter the Wallet settings in the settings app, settings will freeze for a while and won't open anything.

    I've tried clearing my ram, restarting multiple times, etc.

    Anyone know how to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/MrMilan_
    [link] [comments]

    Hand Icon in Sent Mail

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    Next to most of my sent mail in the stock app there is an open-palm hand icon. What does this mean? It's near the attachment paper-clip icon if the e-mail has an attachment.

    submitted by /u/adams_smashadams
    [link] [comments]

    Does Apple have a bigger problem with iOS 13?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    iOS 13 iCloud Mail

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:53 AM PDT

    Anyone else mail not clear the blue new email dot? Find myself having to wait long time before that dot clears itself marking the email as read. Real annoying when moving messages around. Can't do anything quick and productive anymore. On newest last night iOS update.

    submitted by /u/EnnWhyy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel