• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 10, 2019

    Apple Help Whenever I play a game on my MacBook Pro (Early 2015) this happens, more details in comments. Does anybody know why?

    Apple Help Whenever I play a game on my MacBook Pro (Early 2015) this happens, more details in comments. Does anybody know why?


    Whenever I play a game on my MacBook Pro (Early 2015) this happens, more details in comments. Does anybody know why?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:16 PM PDT

    Anyone know how to get a ink stain out of a AirPod case?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:16 AM PDT

    Can someone explain how I’m supposed to sign into another device when I only have one ��?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    macOS Catalina broke Handbrake. Anyone know how to get past this error message?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Safari fails to display images sometimes

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    Can I block a block of number?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:16 PM PDT

    If the number I want to block is (123) 456-7890 is there a way to block all numbers that begin with (123) 456 ?

    submitted by /u/SuperGurlToTheRescue
    [link] [comments]

    Subtasks on Reminders iOS13

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    I was trying to make a subtask for a reminder on the app, but it want working. This is my first time using reminders, so I looked up how to do it. One said to swipe right, another said to drag and drop it onto a parent reminder. Both didn't work. I was wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong?

    (I'm on iPhone 7+, iOS 13.1.2)

    submitted by /u/CuriousForBrainPower
    [link] [comments]

    [mac] Catalina Music app question - looking for a setting

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    In the previous iTunes, there was a setting that you had to uncheck called "Download high quality SD videos".

    In the past, I would make sure this is unchecked, then would download an HD version and SD version (HD would be used on my mac, while the SD would sync to the iPod)

    Can videos still be downloaded in the lower quality SD?

    If it helps, I have screenshots in the Apple communities forum, but did not get answers there, and it seems to be getting pushed down already.

    OS: 10.15 (all updates) app: Music Version 1.0.0.426 Comp: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) Going to: iPod classic 120GB

    Please let me know if I am missing info or screenshots.

    submitted by /u/boomerang00
    [link] [comments]

    How to How to use sidecar [ipad pro] as a 2nd display instead of main display.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 05:14 PM PDT

    I use a macbook pro in closed clamshell mode attached to a monitor, keyboard etc. When I use sidecar on my ipad pro it makes the ipad my main display and treats my monitor as a side monitor.

    So my dock, desktop, notifications, etc is all fucked up and on the ipad. I want the ipad to be treated as a 2nd display while my monitor remains the primary display.

    The sidecar settings, display settings, desktop settings etc do not allow me to set my actual monitor as the primary.

    Dragging the menu bar to the main display in 'displays' pref pane doesn't change anything.

    I don't fucking understand why this is even the default? Why would anyone ever want this functionality? The ipad will ALWAYS be a secondary display for pretty much any usecase.

    submitted by /u/Koiq
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcut help

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    I saw on a video that you can add a shortcut via the shortcut app that allows you to add a reminder on a specific day and time just by pressing the shortcut button in Widget. Can someone figure out how to configure this?

    submitted by /u/panderstar
    [link] [comments]

    iPod Touch screen not working, apps randomly opening, music won't play - anything I can do or is it garbage?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    Should I upgrade my account to use zsh shell? OS Catalina

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    Apologies if this is an amateurish question, but I recently updated my MacBook Pro to OS Catalina and opened up the terminal for the first time to be greeted by a message stating

    "The default interactive shell is now zsh. To update your account to use zsh, please run chsh -s /bin/zsh."

    I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the terminal and don't use it for a whole lot. It's mainly used to ssh into a raspberry pi, occasional conversions with ffmpeg, and downloading videos with youtube-dl.

    Can anyone explain to me in simple terms what this even means? I realize my shell is currently using bash, but the differences between bash and zsh are unclear to me. Is there any reason I should update the shell? Is there any reason not to? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Baseball1000x
    [link] [comments]

    Why is iMovie recording my screen?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    I'm getting a message when I use iMovie that asks me to approve iMovie recording my screen. From what I can tell, iMovie doesn't have screen recording capabilities?

    Screenshot of my permissions screen in settings: https://imgur.com/a/hQhaUFT

    submitted by /u/jevais2
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    My left AirPod won't connect or charge and when placed in its case it causes the light to blink. I've tried restarting and hard resetting even restarting my network settings and it still won't work. Does anybody know what I should do to fix them?

    My AirPods are about 5 months old

    submitted by /u/xx_mayo
    [link] [comments]

    We need 100+ people to help get the Set Wallpaper function back into Siri Shortcuts! Please help. •custom light/dark mode wallpapers •wallpaper cycling

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 07:56 PM PDT

    Apple canceled my order because I didn’t pick it up but I have the phone.....

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 11:36 PM PDT

    I joined the iPhone upgrade program and got my phone the day after release but it never updated on my orders that I picked it up so a couple weeks ago I contacted Apple and told them the situation, I noticed this because my AppleCare wasn't on my phone & I wasn't enrolled in iPhone upgrade program. They told me that the problem had been fixed and everything's all good now. But I just received an email saying my loan has been closed and the amount I've paid will be refunded because I "returned" my phone or never picked it up. Not sure what to do here or what this means lol.

    submitted by /u/agentzack
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 with ios 13

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 03:40 PM PDT

    So it seem this is a pretty common issue with iphone 7 after updating to ios13. It's not my phone but my friends' phone, so i'm here to ask if they fixed this yet or if not, can we still downgrade to ios 12.4?

    submitted by /u/Oneshotkill_2000
    [link] [comments]

    Low geekbench score on a 2011 MBP (i7, 16 GB, 1 TB)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    Help with Time Machine error code 92

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 03:37 PM PDT

    Ever since updating to Catalina, I've been having this error when backing up my Mac. I already tried reformatting the TM drive, and only the initial backup works. After that, I get error 92 again. I can't find anything about it when searching the web. Please help.

    submitted by /u/Player_Ichi
    [link] [comments]

    2 month old MacBook Air (2019) at 96% battery health with 17 cycles...normal?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    I feel that it's a bit low imo. What does everyone think? I do not have AppleCare (Doh!). It's not always plugged in but I've never ran the computer dry. What does everyone think?

    submitted by /u/lateralus1082
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS 10.15 anyone know why terminal in recovery return command not found? I have trouble with DisplayLink, it dont have permission to screen recording so my external display od not detected.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    Random tritone sound effect in Catalina?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    Ever since I've updated to Catalina, my Mac will make the Tritone sound every so often, with no clear indication as to what it's sounding off for.

    Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it? It's rather bothersome in my opinion

    Thanks so much for any help

    submitted by /u/jqdunn
    [link] [comments]

    5,1 Mac Pro won't recognize 1333MHz RAM

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm trying to upgrade my Mac Pro a bit. It is a 4,1 flashed to 5,1, as confirmed in the system profiler. It runs 2x 2.66 X5550 Xeon processors, which according to Wikipedia allow for 1333MHz DIMMS. I have installed 8 PC3 - 10600R DIMMs. Interestingly, the system only seems to address 6 of the 8 DIMMs. I've reset the PRAM to no avail. Really confused as to why the computer refuses to address the 1333MHz memory. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/__prison__mike__
    [link] [comments]

    Charger will charge series 3 watch but not series 5 (3rd party Apple certified charger)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:27 PM PDT

    As the title says, I have a charger for my watch that I got back when I got the series 3 watch. I got it to have a second charger in a second location. It is Apple MFi certified. It charges my series 3 watch beautifully. I recently upgraded to the series 5 watch, and noticed that it will initially show that the watch is charging but then when I wake up the next morning, the watch is almost dead, so it did not charge at all during the night. When I sit and watch it, it will stop charging after a minute or so. I figured the charger must be a bust, but out of curiosity, I put the series 3 watch, which my boyfriend now uses, on the charger and we woke up to it being at 100%.

    Any idea why this is happening? I tried to find mention by Apple of an upgrade to the watch charger but I'm not finding anything online. Nothing is marketed differently on the Apple website either if you go into watch accessories and shop for chargers. It's almost like a new gaming console that has backward compatibility. The new charger will charge the new watch and the old watch but the old charger will not charge the new watch.

    submitted by /u/rileyjw90
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4K won’t turn on until factory reset.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    Then it just goes back to not working. Requires a lot of time to resolve. Anyone else experience this or similar issues? If so, were you able to resolve? It's less than 2 years old, so really hoping to avoid buying a new AppleTV. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Kyllakyle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel