• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 3, 2019

    iPhone iCloud Backup Problems

    iPhone iCloud Backup Problems


    iCloud Backup Problems

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:28 PM PDT

    Okay so recently I got an upgrade, I went from an iPhone 6s 128GB to an iPhone X 64GB. Obviously since the new phones are so expensive, I had to drop in space in order to get a new phone. My iPhone 6s unfortunately suffered some water damage and wouldn't turn on, therefore I have no access to the data on that phone. Luckily, I use iCloud to store my backups and had all the info saved before my phone crashed. When I uploaded my backup onto my new phone, I kept running out of space so I deleted some stuff continually until the backup finished. Now that everything is on there I'm missing a ton of photos! Everything from 2017 and on is gone off of my phone, and i'm missing like 2 months worth of photos from 2018. I never have iCloud photos turned on, so even when I log onto iCloud on my computer there is nothing. I've cleared out more space but my phone says it's done uploading the backup. Any idea where my missing photos went or where I might be able to access them? Anything would help :) Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/big-tunaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Replaced home phone with iPhone 7, but I can't receive texts from it on my Pixel

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    A few days ago, I got rid of our family's land-line home phone, and ported the number over to an iPhone 7. The new phone is not able to send text messages to my Pixel phone.

    • I had an iPhone a few years ago, and my Apple ID was my Gmail account.
    • I got a Pixel phone when they came out, and transferred my phone number over to that, and used the same Gmail account as my Google account for the Pixel.
    • I still have the Pixel phone as my cell phone, but I just got an iPhone 7 to use as my "home" phone, for my family.
    • I registered the new iPhone 7 with my existing Apple ID, that I used to use on my old iPhone.
    • Now the iPhone 7 can receive texts from my Pixel Phone, but when I try to send texts to the Pixel phone, the iPhone just says "message failed to send"

    I can't figure out how to fix things so the messages go through. I want my family members to be able to text me from the iPhone.

    • Is the messages app getting confused because the phone number I am trying to message used to be associated with the Apple ID I am trying to text from?
    • Is the messages app getting confused because both the iPhone 7 and the Pixel phone use the same gmail account for a Apple ID / Google ID?
    submitted by /u/tower100
    [link] [comments]

    iphone xr app problem

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    im hoping someone will be able to help me out here. my friend and i switched phones for a day just for fun. she has the 6 and i have the xr. (i know it was stupid). anyways, we both backed up our own phones and then removed our sim cards and erased all content and settings. then we switched phones and put our sim cards in. it worked fine while we had them switched. the next morning we switched back and everything seemed normal. her phone works fine but some of my apps never downloaded. mostly the ones that come with the phone. music, facetime, maps, weather, calendar, etc. they show up on my home screen but i am not able to click on them and they have a small icloud symbol next to the lettering below the apps. i tried deleting some of them to see if i could redownload them but i am also not able to do that in the app store. please let me know if you have any tips on this. thank you

    submitted by /u/racheldangelo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6plus microphone having issues.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    I'm hoping that someone can assist me with my microphone problem regarding my iPhone 6plus.

    For the last several days, I've noticed that when using Safari or Reddit where you can put the cursor in the address/search bar and speak your entry versus having to type it out, I have to have the iPhone close to my mouth (five or six inches) in order for it to pick up my voice... this holds true for using Siri as well.

    However, when I use my voice recorder app, or the Shazam app, those two apps work perfectly fine even when speaking in a softer voice (for the recorder), and very low radio volume for the Shazam app. In fact, both apps are able to pick up sound perfectly fine from multiple feet away from the microphone.

    I have the latest update (iOS 12.4), and I'm using 14.2 GB out of the 32 GB storage available on my iPhone.

    When making or receiving calls, I also have no issues in the other party hearing me, even if I speak softly. I have blown out the microphone ports with compressed air as well, along with restarting multiple times. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

    Any and all help with this issue will be greatly appreciated... thank y'all so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/Beagle4291
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S Plus - Home Button not working after Camera Replacement (Damaged Home Button connector?)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:24 PM PDT

    Any solutions to this issue?

    I opened my iphone 6S+ to replace the camera after it was shaking uncontrollably. I thoroughly followed the guide by ifixit. After replacing the camera, I turned the iphone on and it gave me a message that said "Unable to activate touch ID on this iPhone".Then, I found that the home button was unresponsive all together. The camera issue was solved, but now I am trying to fix this home button issue. Has anybody had the same issue? I see the majority of people have this issue after replacing the screen, but not after replacing the camera...

    Thank you in advance!

    EDIT: here are some pictures

    https://ibb.co/ygG4myc

    https://ibb.co/fQRRfjd

    https://ibb.co/5BvhFW4

    https://ibb.co/8bCNmSd

    Can any tell if the home button connector or the cable are damaged?

    submitted by /u/executivepablo
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 8 only charging whilst switched off

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    My iphone 8 will only charge up whilst the phone is entirely turned off. It doesn't show as charging when turned on and plugged in. I've tried cleaning the USB port with a brush and haven't been able to fix it.

    Any tips? thanks.

    submitted by /u/AVPMARINE
    [link] [comments]

    How can I recuperate my photos from an iPhone 7

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:37 PM PDT

    My iphone 7 was doing Icloud backup. The backup was unfinished around 27 G(30 GB is the phone). Suddenly the screen went white with APPLE logo.

    According to Apple I have to plug the phone to itunes and try to update the Phone. I did that but got ERROR 14. I did that two more times. Nothing.

    I HAVE NOT DONE A FACTORY RESET

    Is there a way to get my pictures back? Like a software tool?

    submitted by /u/jcgonzmo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 draining really fast at 100% Battery Health

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    My iPhone 7's (bought it exactly 2 years ago) battery has been draining ridiculously fast in the past couple of months, so I thought I'd replace it at an Apple Store about 2 weeks ago, yet it still drains like hell, even though the new battery's health is at 100% of course.

    Should I consider wiping the phone and restoring it completely? Has anyone ran into this trouble before?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/nvmzol
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone XR suddenly taking significantly longer than usual to charge.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    The other night I set it on a wireless charger (same one I've been using since I got the phone a few months ago) when it was at 5% or so around midnight. By 8 AM it was only at 56%, and a few hours later at 80-something%. I had to leave, so I just grabbed it then.

    Last night (well, this morning) around midnight I set it down with 32%. I woke up at 5 and tapped my phone to see the time, and it was only at 50%, then 98% when I woke up at 8:30.

    I've never had it not fully charge overnight. What could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/rlw0312
    [link] [comments]

    IOS 13 backup restore

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    I was running IOS13.3 beta on my iPhone XS Max when my screen became defective, anyway I tried to restore my phone to factory settings to see if that fixed it. It was actually a hardware issue and that was fixed by a screen replacement. However, during this time I was on vacation and had no wifi so nothing could back up to iCloud, but I did make an encrypted iTunes backup of the IOS13.3 phone. When I tried to restore my iPhone from this backup on IOS13.4 every time it fails to install correctly and leaves my phone unable to get past the apple logo and won't start up, and I have to go into DFU mode and reset back to IOS12 then set up as new. I was wondering is this because my backup could be corrupted or because I installed IOS13.4 not .3? Any help is appreciated as I will lose all my vacation pictures :((

    submitted by /u/0sc_ar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel