• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 4, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 04]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 04]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 04]

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine one day this is widely available. It’d be so cool ��

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 07:28 PM PDT

    can we just appreciate how handy this is? every time you need your boarding pass its right there for you!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    What I’ve been using my iPhone 4 for since late 2012.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Anyone know any good uses for an old iPhone.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 5s but it's got no purpose is there anything I could do with it??

    submitted by /u/josh172002
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn’t the Apple TV app sync properly with Hulu and other streaming apps I have?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Just Got my first iPhone After a hardcore Android Fan! iPhone XS Max

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    So I just got a XS max today! I've had the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & Galaxy S10+ before. Amazing experience. Love the screen size and display. Also the smoothies and fluidness. Any tips or tricks anyone may have? Note: I also have a iPad Pro

    submitted by /u/DigitalMarketer33
    [link] [comments]

    Apple should really consider making a Leather Smart Battery Case!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    Love the XS Max Smart Battery Case, but Silicone can sometimes make it look bad as it ages (depends on user's hands I guess). Have the regular Leather case for XS Max, and this thing ages beautifully! I hope one day they do Leather as the outer shell instead of Silicone, I'd definitely buy that!

    submitted by /u/Nintendo_NX
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what the icon means and how to get rid of it

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    What are the essentials in operating your phone by voice?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:27 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I spend a tonne of time driving for work which also involves a lot of phone conversations, texts, googling etc. pulling over consistently takes productive hours out of my day

    What are some essential short cuts / apps / tricks for the iPhone to fully utilise voice commands?

    submitted by /u/ImProbablyHighh
    [link] [comments]

    What are some reliable cable brands that are guaranteed MFi certified that aren't Amazon, Anker or Aukey?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 05:54 AM PDT

    I've been trying to get some cables but for me Anker is kinda getting a little too pricey. They used to be about quality stuff done cheap but with cables hitting $22 each, I find that is no longer the case. I get that Anker is a decent brand and if you're not buying Apples cables (which aren't the best quality wise) you should at least be buying Anker. Sure they are cheaper than Apples official cables - but they still are a little pricey for me. I just feel that there are probably alternative brands now that are officially MFi certified and just as good quality from maybe newer companies trying to get their foot in the door of a crowded market. There seems to be a lot of brands on Amazon that claim they are MFi certified but in reality they are probably not and are probably using 3rd party/unauthorized ID's to make their chips in the cable appear as certified even though they themselves haven't been directly certified. Apple, Amazon and Anker and Aukey can't be the only MFi certified cable sellers so please share if you have other brand suggestions.

    submitted by /u/fuzzybearkiller
    [link] [comments]

    Switched from iPhone XR to XS and it was so worth it

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:10 AM PDT

    I know it's 200$ more expensive but it was so worth this beautiful OLED display, the blacks are incredible and watching content is so much more immersive. The XR is a good phone but the 828p display bothered me as I have good eyes and can see that it wasn't as sharp as my old 8+.

    Another thing is the XR felt to big and thick, where the XS size is just perfect. Apple should release a smaller XR with a 1080p display for 750$ it should have a 1080p display I mean cmon...

    submitted by /u/Mtking105
    [link] [comments]

    I brought my iPhone to an Apple Store, an employee opened it and is putting the blame on me that I was opened before when it wasn't and is still under warranty. What are my options?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    I live in Germany and I have an iPhone X that was purchased in California at the Palo Alto Apple store and the display had issues and was sort of lifted. I took it around 4 times to the store here in Hamburg and they blamed it on software issues until they realized it was a hardware issue. The phone is still under warranty so they took it to the back and an hour later I come back to the store and they said that the phone can't be covered because it was opened before.

    They they try to play it off saying "you opened this phone before you brought it to us" and then I looked at the screen and said it still looks sealed a bit so I made a few comments and they said "oh it still has the special glue so it's most likely that you replaced it". They also mentioned the screws to opened the phone weren't scratched.

    I told them why would I open the phone when it's under warranty? They said it doesn't matter if you have a problem don't purchase Apple products anymore. This made my blood boil because it's the total opposite of what great customer service is especially for Apple.

    My understanding is that they fucked up something, got scared and decided to put the blame on me, the customer. So now I'm stuck with a phone they opened and they're putting the blame on me with no options for me. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/Nexus90
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for new wallpaper for iPhonex

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    Photo Organization

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 05:07 AM PDT

    I'll be switching back to am iPhone once this year's models are released. On my current phone my photos have become a little bit scattered so I have multiple albums and such I'd like to combine into just a simple camera roll or a single album.

    Is there any good software out there that I could use to organize my photos so once I do get my new phone it will be easy to transfer over?

    submitted by /u/GreenMountainFBS
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite iOS Browser (and why)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    I vacillate between Safari and Chrome. I'm willing to try out Firefox as I'm trying out their desktop browser right now, on a sabbatical from Chrome.

    submitted by /u/gardnafari
    [link] [comments]

    Any iPhone Dock that works with USB-C lighting cable for fast charging?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:48 AM PDT

    I've searched online and on Amazon and eBay and Etsy (and any online marketplace really) for an iphone dock that works with the official apple USB-C to lightning cable, to get 18W fast charging. So far my search has turned up empty.

    Anyone know of such a dock?

    submitted by /u/realslicedbread
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring data from Android to iOS.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:44 AM PDT

    I've just indulged in the iPhone XS and absolutely love it. Wondering if anyone has any experience in transferring data from android to iOS?

    I've tried a few methods which have failed miserably. Open to any suggestions! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/GJW92
    [link] [comments]

    As iPhone sales sputter Apple moves toward reinvention again

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    Your ideas for the next iteration of iPhone?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:02 AM PDT

    People say they're running out of ideas for what to put into the new iPhones, not so!

    I have an idea and it's not a bigger camera. Get this: an iPhone that repairs itself. A phone that is not prone to scratches.

    submitted by /u/motoleox
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify Control Center controls arent working

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:22 AM PDT

    The Spotify Control Center controls are not working on my iPhone X (12.4) and my girlfriends iPhone 8 (also IOS 12.4). My X is reinstalled after some GPS problems. I had this Spotify issue before and after reinstalling. so this seems not to help.

    Are you also experience this issue?

    Spotify in general is getting worse and worse. Over time it seems switching to AM will be the best Option...

    submitted by /u/patrickkopi
    [link] [comments]

    [QUESTION] If I have my photos in iCloud and reset my iPhone and set up as new, will I still have the photos?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    I'm having problems with my iPhone and I'd like to restore it so I can solve them. I would like to know if setting it as new would preserve my photos (they are in iCloud) and also if it would preserve the words I have "taught" my iPhone and text substitution. And the iCloud keychain and safari markers I think I'll keep them. But right now the most important thing is the photos. I would like to be able to keep the keyboard, but if it can't, I won't die either.

    submitted by /u/Ax180_
    [link] [comments]

    Any xR tips/ hidden tricks

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    Just recently upgraded to the xR today. Any cool swipe gestures or shortcuts ??

    submitted by /u/Woothanized
    [link] [comments]

    Any free iPhone photo recovery softwares?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 10:13 PM PDT

    I recently deleted some photos permanently, and was looking for softwares that could restore them. A lot of them don't mention the fact that they cost money (to restore photos) so I was wondering if any of them are free.

    submitted by /u/xxdarkmanx45xx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel